PDA

View Full Version : timing ambiguities.

witmonster
04-06-2015, 14:15
Playing project cars a few days back with a friend (ps4), and we noticed something, not only on one track but a few so I believe this isn't track specific, but I said (after pitting at Silverstone gp) I was 35 seconds behind to wich he then replied, that's funny, "your 38 seconds behind on my timer", (bottom left at the side of lap count, position), so we were both confused. So we popped on zolder, willow springs, Bathurst among others and this kept happening, the timing was never miles out, only by a few seconds on bigger margins, but every time one of us pits, the other guy ends up say 30 seconds on my timer, but 32-33 on his, has anyone els noticed? Or can someone explain if I'm missing something or need to reset maths.

Elmo
04-06-2015, 14:18
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed this actually as well. Will add it to the list.

Chese
25-06-2015, 01:31
This is linked in the PC issues thread so I will add to it. Going into the pits and if AI is in the pits ruins the gap timing. Makes it difficult to know where everyone is.

fezza
07-07-2015, 00:43
I noticed this happening at the bus stop chicane at Spa even when the driver ahead/behind me wasn't pitting. The gap would go from 5-10 seconds to like 1 min 08 sec etc. This happened at every lap, online and on PS4.

Umer Ahmad
07-07-2015, 01:01
I noticed this happening at the bus stop chicane at Spa even when the driver ahead/behind me wasn't pitting. The gap would go from 5-10 seconds to like 1 min 08 sec etc. This happened at every lap, online and on PS4.

I think the bus stop chicane is inadvertently marked as part of the pits because human and AI cars are ghosted at that location and can drive through each other.