PDA

View Full Version : Controller Settings

o2R Dsquared 07
04-06-2015, 14:37
So I've just installed project cars (xbox 1) and I'm at the required 18.7gb. I've been following the game on these forums since release day and decided to hold off until patch 1.3 as I'm using the controller. Done a few laps on donington in the 12C GT3. Definitely seemed a bit of a handful. My question is that since I've only played the game since patch 1.3 will the default controller settings I'm using be good enough? Are people still making significant adjustments to their controller settings even with patch 1.3? I don't want to start putting down laps until I'm at least somewhere near optimal settings. If this has already been discussed please direct me as I couldn't really see any gossip about controller settings since patch 1.3, thanks.

LADY GEMMA JANE
04-06-2015, 14:41
Default settings are fine for me

beetes_juice
04-06-2015, 14:48
Going to be different for everyone but start reading :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

Edit: Personlly did not change my settings after the patch but I know others have. Sit down and find out what works best.

Apoc112
04-06-2015, 14:49
"type 3" defaults are pretty good after the patch. i think i still turned my gas/brake deadzones to 0 and lowered the sensitivities, but the steering settings worked well. if anything, you might end up playing with speed sensitivity and filtering... those are just more personal to the way you drive.

transfix
04-06-2015, 14:57
I just turned the steering sensitivity down to 15 and all deadlines/sensitivities to 0-5. Everything else left at default since 1.3

o2R Dsquared 07
04-06-2015, 15:13
Is it possible to adjust these whilst on the track? Or must you keep ending the session and going back to "my home"?

Apoc112
04-06-2015, 17:45
Is it possible to adjust these whilst on the track? Or must you keep ending the session and going back to "my home"?

Unfortunately, no, you do have to leave the session and go back to the menus. I'll mention this since a friend of mine was unaware, though: you can reach the controls stuff from any menu screen (including the MP lobby) by pressing the start/menu/hamburger button and going to Help & Options.