PDA

View Full Version : [NO] Ban bam?.

Stag
04-06-2015, 15:20
German legend comp.....
15 of top 20 all by bam something or other no ghosts on most.
He's not fooling me.

Pink_650S
04-06-2015, 15:22
Do you also speak english?

Sonic6L
04-06-2015, 15:26
In the latest SMS tournament there is a racer in the top in the top 20, 15 of which have the fastest times and most have no ghosts.

Ban him?

I tihnk that's what Stag meant.

bubbadabutcher
04-06-2015, 15:29
BAM has been one of the fastest teams in Forza, and apparently other racing franchises, for a long time.

If that's who you're taking about, I highly doubt they are cheating and in need of a ban. I'd imagine they are just taking advantage of the current dirty lap stuff.

JessicaWalter
04-06-2015, 15:32
...I'd imagine they are just taking advantage of the current dirty lap stuff.

i don't care how fast they are in other games, that makes them sound like some classy, stand-up fellas -_-

it makes me question their times in other games, too.

bubbadabutcher
04-06-2015, 15:39
I guess they are having fun wrong then. ;) Or, maybe you are choosing to further question people you know nothing about based on...what... a conjecture I put forth as a possibility?

I don't make use of the horrible corner cutting that is available in the game. At least not on purpose. However, as long as it remains as it is, it seems rather futile to expect people not to take advantage. Glitches and flaws are exposed, used, and then, hopefully, patched in essentially every modern game that I can think of.

Btw, I ran 6:58 something at Azure Coast in my BMW m3 and intend to go faster. There is no replay. Please feel free to speculate as much as you wish.

Darth Bambi 83
04-06-2015, 15:41
It was common in Forza 4 to disable ghost uploads so that rivals couldn't copy your racing line, I assume that the lack of ghosts on their lap times is for the same reason.

HLR AlphaDog
04-06-2015, 15:49
i don't care how fast they are in other games, that makes them sound like some classy, stand-up fellas -_-

No one said they were classy or nice guys, just fast. And as a whole, that is what they are, having raced BAM ghosts in the other game for quite some time.

Ian Bell
04-06-2015, 15:56
This thread is going right over my head.

bubbadabutcher
04-06-2015, 16:03
This thread is going right over my head.
Recap!
The OP (I think) asserts that based on their speed and lack of ghosts, BAM should be banned. I responded to let he or she know that I highly doubt they are cheating, only taking advantage of the current corner cutting detection. From my own particular perspective, things got weird from there.

Btw, Mr. Bell. I'm very much enjoying project cars and am glad to finally be able to get my racing fix again. And without having to build an expensive rig! It is just what the consoles need, imo. Also great to see a dev do regular patch releases with actual patch notes!

Seps1974
04-06-2015, 16:03
I think everyone who's faster than me should be banned.

Megalomanic87
04-06-2015, 16:35
All corner cutting gits. Their racing lines are a disgrace.

s1yfa
04-06-2015, 16:59
Everyone with no ghost should be banned (as they might be hiding corner cutting).
Everyone using a wheel should be banned (as it is unfair to controller users).
Everyone in the top 10% should be banned (as they most likely corner cut too).
Everyone with 3 letters in front of their name should be banned (because they are in a club and share secrets which put others at a disadvantage).
Everyone who drank an energy drink should be banned (it's like doping if you ask me).
Everyone who had a smile on their face should be banned (because that seems too smug).

Oh heck, lets just ban everyone. Then no one can complain...

Or, now this is a really big or, stop spending so much time complaining and practise more so you too can, one day, be that damn fast.

Stag
04-06-2015, 17:04
I'd rather come last than cheat.
But why has this bam character got so many ids?
Must be dominance and submission .
Without the cheats I reckon I'd be top 100 and that pisses me off

PeoplesChampion
04-06-2015, 17:13

Yepp.. Same here. Except, I win, a lot. Not bragging.. Just saying you don't have to cheat to win.

This debate will never end.. The new track boundaries being enforced will make a lot of people happy.. Including myself.

I raced with a guy last night at Dubai in the prototypes and he was 2 or 3 seconds per lap, slower. So on the last lap, he cuts corners in a way I had never seen before.. And wins the race. It kinda pissed me off for a second until I realized he had to cheat to win. That's a pretty low place to have to go.

OutThereAndBack
04-06-2015, 17:15
I was gonna bring this up a few days ago.

SpeedFreakDTM
04-06-2015, 17:30
Team BAM on the Xbox 1, are not cheating, and they do have ghosts.

Not everyone has their Xbox privacy settings the same.

Why do n00bs assume people are cheaters, just because they dont understand privacy settings? To the OP, do you share your real name with everyone on Xbox Live? Or did you configure your settings to hide this information?

You can allow or block or set to friends only, for lots of things. One of the options, stops ghost laps from being shared with the world. But there is a ghost for those people even though you cannot see it. SMS can see it. The owner of the ghost, can see it.

You should be banned for your ignorance. ;)

s1yfa
04-06-2015, 17:32
But why has this bam character got so many ids?
Must be dominance and submission .
Without the cheats I reckon I'd be top 100 and that pisses me off

You realise its not one person right? BAM is a racing team, many people with BAM at the start of their gamertags to identify as such. And they are all bloody fast.

FA RACING 01
04-06-2015, 17:50

Not everyone has their Xbox privacy settings the same.

Why do n00bs assume people are cheaters, just because they dont understand privacy settings? To the OP, do you share your real name with everyone on Xbox Live? Or did you configure your settings to hide this information?

You can allow or block or set to friends only, for lots of things. One of the options, stops ghost laps from being shared with the world. But there is a ghost for those people even though you cannot see it. SMS can see it. The owner of the ghost, can see it.

You should be banned for your ignorance. ;)

Ouch!

Stag
04-06-2015, 18:14
Ouch!

They all cut corners= they all cheat. End of story.
The first corner is a laugh on the ghosts Straight cut across full pelt across track to cut straight across next one
I make about 5 changes and 2 brakes. Don't reckon the bams hardly brake.

bubbadabutcher
04-06-2015, 18:24
The first corner is a laugh on the ghosts Straight cut across full pelt across track to cut straight across next one

Do you know what will happen when SMS fixes the dirty lap detection? Historically, and whether anyone likes it or not, as far as the leaderboards are concerned the only answer likely to be correct is, "very little". People who are very fast will still be very fast. Sorry folks, fixing the lap detection stuff isn't going to suddenly turn anyone into a top driver.

s1yfa
04-06-2015, 19:08
Do you know what will happen when SMS fixes the dirty lap detection? Historically, and whether anyone likes it or not, as far as the leaderboards are concerned the only answer likely to be correct is, "very little". People who are very fast will still be very fast. Sorry folks, fixing the lap detection stuff isn't going to suddenly turn anyone into a top driver.

Precisely. If everyone cuts corners or no one cuts corners, at the end of the days the tops guys are still fast. Thinking of Forza, they can run clean lines in a slow car, whilst everyone else cuts like mad in an LB car. They will still hand your ass to you on a plate. They are top for a reason and corner cutting, although at the moment has a factor in that, it is not the sole reason.

Megalomanic87
04-06-2015, 19:12

Funny that, i downloaded one of the ghosts and raced it the other day, the line they take into the first corner is an absolute disgrace, and the ghost i raced wasn't even the fastest!!!!!
Everyone in the top 100 or so are doing it though.

beetes_juice
04-06-2015, 19:59
Everyone in the top 100 or so are doing it though.

Man now everyone is being caught up in the net. Not everyone in the top 100 and even top 20 have dirty times. Track limits need to be resolved.

oscarolim
04-06-2015, 20:14
Am I the only one that though of this dude when read the topic title?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/draft_lens13878751module123357951photo_1286004779bamm-bamm-rubble.gif

Megalomanic87
04-06-2015, 20:19
Not everyone in the top 100 and even top 20 have dirty times.

Well, try going as fast as the top 20 without cutting the first corner then running it out wide. Go ahead, you're going to be there a good while because it's impossible.

beetes_juice
04-06-2015, 20:29
Well, try going as fast as the top 20 without cutting the first corner then running it out wide. Go ahead, you're going to be there a good while because it's impossible.

ehh I should have read better. I know they are almost the same but I was referring to leaderboard times and not the community events.

From my experience so far the leaderboards are a little less toxic then the community events.

Megalomanic87
04-06-2015, 20:39
ehh I should have read better. I know they are almost the same but I was referring to leaderboard times and not the community events.

From my experience so far the leaderboards are a little less toxic then the community events.

Ah yes, the leaderboards in general TT's aren't as bad i agree, but community events is a whole different story.

MonK3Y
04-06-2015, 21:41
Team BAM e-Sport is good reference, even more so since the R1R merger/fusion. Basically, if you get within 2 seconds you're doing an awesome job :-)

RubberDave
04-06-2015, 21:47

Do you Know they are all cutting corners or are you assuming they all are because you know some of them are? It's never nice to come across a cheater but to tar all with the same brush because they're faster than you and demand bans is simply unfair.

BAM OSEF
04-06-2015, 22:57
Hi guy!
Yes we are cutting corners on leaderboards, we don't like it, but if we want to compete the other team/drivers, we have to do this.
we are waiting for an update of the game and a reset of all leaderboards.
now, If you think we are fast just because we cut corners, join us on lobby, we don't cut on race. we will see ;)

BAM Osef

wearymick
04-06-2015, 23:07
lol. BAM have gone mental on a few boards I've seen. No idea why, but the last thing I was thinking is that they were cheating or multi-tagging. They're probably just sharing tunes and/or running HLCs. As for the corner cutting, that's in the game at the moment. No-ones fault but the devs.

BAM Flawless
04-06-2015, 23:15
German legend comp.....
15 of top 20 all by bam something or other no ghosts on most.
He's not fooling me.

You do realise that we are not one person? we're a professional e-sports team but yes we do have to cut corners to keep up with other teams which we do not want to do but unfortunately have to, games fault unfortunately.

Schnizz58
04-06-2015, 23:23
Race the track limits as they are, not as you think they should be.

BAM Commando
04-06-2015, 23:25
Why don't people understand that cutting a corner on a game that allows you to get away with it when everyone dose it isn't cheating. Its not what we like as osef said but calling people rubish and cheaters because they are top is rong, if the corner cutting was not in the game we would all still do it the same as everyone cuts the corner. So being at the top is down to the skill of the team not because we are cheaters!! Thanks

Pink_650S
04-06-2015, 23:28
Hi guy!
Yes we are cutting corners on leaderboards, we don't like it, but if we want to compete the other team/drivers, we have to do this.
now, If you think we are fast just because we cut corners, join us on lobby, we don't cut on race. we will see ;)

BAM Osef

When you think that cutting corners is a legitimate thing at the moment, why do you and your friends feel the urge to come here and justify yourselves?

BAM Commando
04-06-2015, 23:31
Because people are calling us cheaters. You people have no sence!!

BAM Flawless
04-06-2015, 23:32
When you think that cutting corners is a legitimate thing at the moment, why do you and your friends feel the urge to come here and justify yourselves?

wouldnt you if you seen people calling you a cheater/hacker? and using that as the excuse for you being faster than them?

Worm
04-06-2015, 23:33
LOL, you guys are funny. When or if they kill these times the BAM guys will still whip about 99.9% of you crying. They are fast, they always have been.

Mick, the R1R/ONR guys have moved over to BAM. That is why you see so many. Same exact team jumpers that have been in V12, EMW, TPR, whatever EMW changed to for a year, ONR, GP, RPM, and on and on. Same guys, different tags, Microsoft loves the 800 bucks they spend a year on gamertag changes.

GBRC.C7
04-06-2015, 23:37

As I see all forms of sport and indeed life, there are rules and immutable laws, the second can never be broken, but rules should always be bent to the point where they don't (just) break.

Ask any motorsport team boss or driver through history, or just look at how the world works.

as a species we are competative, it's part of the nature of survival so ingrained at the subconscious level in us all, looking for an edge is part of that.

As I see it BAM are just displaying all of these traits, why wouldn't they.

BAM Aymeric
04-06-2015, 23:56
We cut you are behind and you cry, we do not cut you are behind and you cry, if you are slow it is not our problem.

diesel97
05-06-2015, 00:08
We cut you are behind and you cry, we do not cut you are behind and you cry, if you are slow it is not our problem.

If you are so fast why cut ? I know because everybody does it , thats BS so that means you ram and push people off the track also (everybody does it )

Did you ever think other people are cutting tracks is because you and your boys do it. If it no big deal then why dont you do it private lobbies with your boys ?

BAM Aymeric
05-06-2015, 00:21
Sorry but i did not cut, 1.29, it is not so bad

LSR SCH1WO
05-06-2015, 00:23
this is the wrong way, spend your time in doing practice, this misstatement aren't make you better, just more worse.

Worm
05-06-2015, 00:23
If you are so fast why cut ? I know because everybody does it , thats BS so that means you ram and push people off the track also (everybody does it )

Did you ever think other people are cutting tracks is because you and your boys do it. If it no big deal then why dont you do it private lobbies with your boys ?

Race them and record it.......PLEAAASE someone from BAM take him up and show him.

RobIzYoDaddy
05-06-2015, 00:27
If lap times and being on the top of the lists is important, then by all means they should absolutely cut every corner the SIM allows. For the folks that are having issues with this, perhaps you should just take a breath and realize how this is not the drivers that take these liberties fault. No, that blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the SMS Staff, no?

AdM1
05-06-2015, 00:33
Real race drivers exploit track limits where they can so why wouldn't we in a game that allows you to do so?

Personally I don't even know which corners can be cut as I've not really raced any ghosts yet, too focused on career for now but I can understand why people are doing so.

s1yfa
05-06-2015, 00:36
I must congratulate SMS at this point. They clearly attracted a lot of new players to the genre who have no clue. Its always been the same, Forza, GT, whatever. You push as much as the game allows. Call it cheating, at the end of the day if the lap is clean under the rules of the game, it's fair because anyone can do it.

BAM guys are fast, as are many other teams. Whether they push to the limits or not, they will still beat 99% of players.

Once track limits are improved, they will still be there, at the top, finding every possible inch to set the fastest times.

David Semperger
05-06-2015, 00:39
I don't know any of the guys from BAM personally, but as someone who've been following their ghosts - especially Anto's - a lot in the past few weeks I can say they are legit and fast as hell.

BAM Aymeric
05-06-2015, 00:46
Shiwo, It is not a misstatement, i really did not cut, and i do not want to do it.

LSR SCH1WO
05-06-2015, 00:51
Shwimo, It is not a misstatement, i really did not cut, and i do not want to do it.

i mean the guy who started the thread.

BAM Aymeric
05-06-2015, 00:53
Sorry ;)

bc525
05-06-2015, 01:00
To be honest I have respect for the BAM guys coming here and explaining their side of this. If the game allows the racing lines to cut corners, then how can we blame them for utilizing that? That's their choice.

Look, I don't get too upset about this stuff since I'm so far down the ranks I can't even see the BAM guys. And I can appreciate that it's cut-throat and extremely competitive at the tops of those boards. For my part I will never cut the track, even if it is allowed by the game. I want to race as quickly and cleanly as I can, that's the challenge (and the fun) for me. If that means my lap times are slow, then so be it. I won't cry about it.

bc525
05-06-2015, 01:17
My keen intuition tells me that Pcars is upset about something.

AdM1
05-06-2015, 01:48
shit cunt moaning faggots, shit cunt game, shit cunt developers. Cant even bring out a game with a working controller... Laughing my arse of at this shit cunt game and all the shit cunt moaning faggots. Simulator my arse, fuckin dreadful peice of shit. sms/wmd wouldnt know what a good game was if their lives depended on it. P.s to all you shit cunts, your a bunch of shit cunts playing a shit cunt game with shit cunt developers. Also if there was no corner cutting you would still be a bunch of shit cunts playong a shit cunt game, even this website is fuckin awful!

Hahaha! Y u mad bro?

FA RACING 01
05-06-2015, 04:47
Sorry - double post.

FA RACING 01
05-06-2015, 04:49
There's 4 threads (with about 200 + posts) on this forum all argueing the exact point of cheating and still no indication that it's leading somewhere. All that's clear from all of that is that some cheat and some don't. I do not understand from all that then why the BAM's are singled out for doing something a lot of others are doing too. If we name and shame them, why not the others too ?

The purpose of this thread is way over my head.

DUST2DEATH
05-06-2015, 05:14
^Because multi-tagging has been a problem in the past, and with it explained earlier that BAM is pretty much most of the teams that were on forza etc they have taken all the top spots.

Combine that they have apparently (Im not on xbox) 'hidden ghosts' - people start to question things. Simple as that really.

Stag
05-06-2015, 05:39
I'm suspicious of a lot more than corner cutting .
Also I wasn't aware this was a team comp .
Don't these BAM lot share prize money.
What they must get up to in racing I can't imagine
I would presume mr bell etc would know plenty ways of getting your name at the top. Just type name and time and make these meglos cry their programmed hearts out..

Worm
05-06-2015, 05:51
There's 4 threads (with about 200 + posts) on this forum all argueing the exact point of cheating and still no indication that it's leading somewhere. All that's clear from all of that is that some cheat and some don't. I do not understand from all that then why the BAM's are singled out for doing something a lot of others are doing too. If we name and shame them, why not the others too ?

The purpose of this thread is way over my head.

Same old arguement, if you have nothing to hide then why purposely hide your replay? It is obvious they have figured out how by their comments and knowing a lot of them I doubt they've done something horrible but the question remains "if". They know they are quick, why not just run it and not purposely hide it? Figure out if you are the best? I've been lapping against various BAM members long before PCARS was thought of. You guys are so much better than taking the V12 route and hiding your replays.

PTG Claret
05-06-2015, 05:55

Just because some people are faster than you, you shouldn't question that. The BAM guys put a lot of time into getting their times, and allt of work into the tunes.

I've found them to be quite a helpful bunch, who have a web site loaded with open source leaderboard tunes for people to try.

If, after years of testing, no one decided to make it so you couldn't cut corners to get a faster time, its not their fault.

As far as I can tell, they're just playing the game to the rules that are currently there.

tankyx
05-06-2015, 05:56
Even if SMS is faulty to host a Championship when their game can't detect people cutting, top teams (like BAM or SDL) are not innocent. If these guys (and others players) were more clever and fairplay, we would have a SMS-R without cuts and with real competitions. I think that everybody that cuts on a round should see his laptime discarded, and if they cut (or exploit bug) two rounds or more, should be banned. Period.

PTG Claret
05-06-2015, 06:05
Even if SMS is faulty to host a Championship when their game can't detect people cutting, top teams (like BAM or SDL) are not innocent. If these guys (and others players) were more clever and fairplay, we would have a SMS-R without cuts and with real competitions. I think that everybody that cuts on a round should see his laptime discarded, and if they cut (or exploit bug) two rounds or more, should be banned. Period.

I hate corner cutters more than most, but you cannot punnish people for playing the game within its own boundries.

It's not their fault the game was release with such absurd track boundries.

DUST2DEATH
05-06-2015, 06:11
I hate corner cutters more than most, but you cannot punnish people for playing the game within its own boundries.

It's not their fault the game was release with such absurd track boundries.

exactly. And this just becomes more of a joke each day its left continuing. Stop the comps, wipe the boards, restart.

Stag
05-06-2015, 06:13
I don't blame the game makers and I suppose if you must cut to add an inch to your chopper ok go round backwards across the track or whatever
But come on there's surely a lot more to these times than cutting corners or jamming the detectors.

FA RACING 01
05-06-2015, 06:16
^Because multi-tagging has been a problem in the past, and with it explained earlier that BAM is pretty much most of the teams that were on forza etc they have taken all the top spots.

Combine that they have apparently (Im not on xbox) 'hidden ghosts' - people start to question things. Simple as that really.

Same old arguement, if you have nothing to hide then why purposely hide your replay? It is obvious they have figured out how by their comments and knowing a lot of them I doubt they've done something horrible but the question remains "if". They know they are quick, why not just run it and not purposely hide it? Figure out if you are the best? I've been lapping against various BAM members long before PCARS was thought of. You guys are so much better than taking the V12 route and hiding your replays.

I too question the absence of ghosts which are plenty on XBox Leaderboards. Just don't think it's in good spirit to question them specifically and opening a thread calling for or invite debate on their banning.

PTG Claret
05-06-2015, 06:34
Probably has more to do with the game crashing when exiting trials than dodgy stuff.

A friend and myself both had to re-install the game recently to stop it crashing.

For the record - I believe we should have a choice to show our replays or not. It should be up to the individual to figure the quickest way round the track.

Stag
05-06-2015, 06:35
Like I said.
Let's have a 48 hr amnesty for the cheats. Come on here beg the forgiveness of the fair players. Maybe admit you have an ego the size of Russia ,remove your times and lets have a fair comp

JessicaWalter
05-06-2015, 06:36
Just because some people are faster than you, you shouldn't question that. The BAM guys put a lot of time into getting their times, and allt of work into the tunes.

I've found them to be quite a helpful bunch, who have a web site loaded with open source leaderboard tunes for people to try.

If, after years of testing, no one decided to make it so you couldn't cut corners to get a faster time, its not their fault.

As far as I can tell, they're just playing the game to the rules that are currently there.

this has nothing to do with them being faster than me. i come from a different era, i guess. in my opinion if you cut corners then you neither respect yourself as a sportsman, nor the sport. we obviously have different opinions on the subject, which is fine. cheers.

AdM1
05-06-2015, 06:46
exactly. And this just becomes more of a joke each day its left continuing. Stop the comps, wipe the boards, restart.

They need to fix the problem first of course else the same thing will just happen obviously so it's going to take a bit of time I imagine.

DUST2DEATH
05-06-2015, 06:49
They need to fix the problem first of course else the same thing will just happen obviously so it's going to take a bit of time I imagine.

Monza is already fixed. I think a couple others are already, they just dont know when (it will be patched in). Im more concerned that the longer its left to go, the more likely nothing will be done.

PTG Greeksniper
05-06-2015, 06:51
Hi guy!

BAM Osef

Nice to see the BAM team on PCars :)

Ill be more than happy to accept your challenge to a race :)
Always looking for the fastest drivers in a lobby so far without success. Add me gamertag is PTG Greeksniper.

AdM1
05-06-2015, 06:52
Monza is already fixed. I think a couple others are already, they just dont know when (it will be patched in). Im more concerned that the longer its left to go, the more likely nothing will be done.

Even I'm a little dissaponted with PC in some ways but I'll be shocked if this is an area of the game they neglect so I'm quite positive it will be fixed sooner or later.

Although the sooner the better, we can only wait. I'm just focusing on career for now as it'll be annoying setting times knowing that they will probably be wiped.

tankyx
05-06-2015, 08:30
This is just weird that the sms-r is still going, despite the fact they know there is a big problem.

Just, the BAM team chose the easy way. If they are waiting for a patch and a wipe of the leaderboard, why do they give legitimacy to these events
by participating and cutting ? They can't be taken seriously now, as they portrayed themselves as cutters.

They have the community, like other structures (SDL, TX3 etc), they could have done something, or atleast tried to make SMS move faster.
But no, winning by cheating is more valuable than participating is a legit way. They should be ashamed.

o2R Dsquared 07
05-06-2015, 08:35
The problem is not with the players, it's with the game. I'm sure the BAM players think the extremely lenient track limits are stupid, too, but they're competing on the leaderboards. Hiding ghosts is a bit soft, but you can not give the corner cutters any grief when it's perfectly legitimate in the game. Sort out the game.

tankyx
05-06-2015, 08:39
The problem is not with the players, it's with the game. I'm sure the BAM players think the extremely lenient track limits are stupid, too, but they're competing on the leaderboards. Hiding ghosts is a bit soft, but you can not give the corner cutters any grief when it's perfectly legitimate in the game. Sort out the game.

It is not legitimate. It is an exploit. If it was legitimate, pCARS wouldn't have any cutting detection system. At all.

David Semperger
05-06-2015, 09:23

So what if they compete as a team? Look at the global championship leaderboards. It's very clear they can be beaten if you're fast enough. I don't see why a prefix before our names should matter at all. It's not like having more people on your team makes you faster. Practice does however.

Except you can't purposefully hide your ghosts, there's no option for that. Also, they had ghosts on the PC, so I think if they were really missing on the consoles then it's a bug.

tankyx
05-06-2015, 09:45
So what if they compete as a team? Look at the global championship leaderboards. It's very clear they can be beaten if you're fast enough. I don't see why a prefix before our names should matter at all. It's not like having more people on your team makes you faster. Practice does however.

Except you can't purposefully hide your ghosts, there's no option for that. Also, they had ghosts on the PC, so I think if they were really missing on the consoles then it's a bug.

On FM4 there was no option to hide the ghost, but you still can do it on purpose. It can work the same way maybe.

BAM OSEF
05-06-2015, 09:52
The president of our association (BAM e-sport) is in contact with pcars developpers to report cutting issues and other bug. We know what we are doing, it's our choice towards the competiton even if we don't like it, but SMSR staff allowed us to use these bug to compete until they will be fix. We don't need you to know our value.

SpeedFreakDTM
05-06-2015, 10:03
If lap times and being on the top of the lists is important, then by all means they should absolutely cut every corner the SIM allows. For the folks that are having issues with this, perhaps you should just take a breath and realize how this is not the drivers that take these liberties fault. No, that blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the SMS Staff, no?

Id say its not the SMS team, but more the WMD community. They have had 4 years to test and tell SMS you can cut here and there. But apparently they never left the track limits once in 4 years. It must be as they're PC driving gods.

Its only since, the game was released, and us "console noobs" have got the game. We cannot drive on project cars properly, as its apparently something we consolers have never experienced.....a racing game.

So within a couple of hours of the release, someone makes a mistake, and cuts the track, and doesn't get a penalty. More and more people, make the same mistake, due to the steering issues at the time, and more and more people figure out there is no corner cut penalty.

I would like to know if the people complaining can keep up with top slots, if they also cut the track. Im guessing the answer is NO. It's no, because they are clearly faster on the parts where there is no cut.

Just cut the damn track like everyone else, stop moaning about it, and get off your high horse. You were never going to get number 1 anyway, so who really cares?

People with no ghosts, are not cheating, they simply have their privacy settings different. Its not that hard to work out which option does it, but people are still suspicious. LMFAO

Stag
05-06-2015, 10:23
7 of top 11 are bam.
None using wheels But all probably using the mouse a pc and whatever else needed.
Let's see one use a wheel and an xbone then I may believe it. Until then why not separate the wheels from the rest. As IMO most using the wheel would be fair

Stag
05-06-2015, 10:28
The president of our association (BAM e-sport) is in contact with pcars developpers to report cutting issues and other bug. We know what we are doing, it's our choice towards the competiton even if we don't like it, but SMSR staff allowed us to use these bug to compete until they will be fix. We don't need you to know our value.

Wow a president is going to speak to the pro team and report Why can't he post bugs and problems here in the correct places. So all can see.
What are we up against here

BAM Commando
05-06-2015, 10:46
Simple words as cheaters cutters ect hiding goasts as well I want you all to join us in a lobby to race save the replay I will even stream it to show you I will play the game just as you do. And for cutting or Pitt landing it wasn't BAM who started it it was other teams at Silverstone and them people in them teams all hid there goast it was addressed to pcars on Twitter and they done nothing about it. I can tell you that you saying BAM are hiding goasts and cutting every possible corner is simply not true.. The sooner the game is fixed and boards are wiped the better trust me! No one could cut on forza and all in this team we're still top. I find it amusing that even WMD members are putting down team BAMfix the game!!!!! we do not spend our time on this game finding corners to cut so we can be top we only do what others have done.

BAM Flawless
05-06-2015, 10:47
7 of top 11 are bam.
None using wheels But all probably using the mouse a pc and whatever else needed.
Let's see one use a wheel and an xbone then I may believe it. Until then why not separate the wheels from the rest. As IMO most using the wheel would be fair

If everyone played the game by your rules you would just find something else to complain about since you would still be about 10,000th on the boards, you're just an idiot crying for attention

Holgersson Nils
05-06-2015, 10:52
Cheater I do not care. The main thing I'm having fun. I drove on the Nordschleife Formula 1 a time of 5:20 am on 3rd place and with controller. The two in front of me in each case a time of 5:12 and 5:11 have driven. I think it's even strange, but my god what is it. It is important that you enjoy the game has, the rest is but a minor matter.

Sorry for my bad english

BAM Commando
05-06-2015, 10:54
This is just weird that the sms-r is still going, despite the fact they know there is a big problem.

Just, the BAM team chose the easy way. If they are waiting for a patch and a wipe of the leaderboard, why do they give legitimacy to these events
by participating and cutting ? They can't be taken seriously now, as they portrayed themselves as cutters.

They have the community, like other structures (SDL, TX3 etc), they could have done something, or atleast tried to make SMS move faster.
But no, winning by cheating is more valuable than participating is a legit way. They should be ashamed.
You are so wrong in what you are saying SMS-R at Silverstone was BAM Flawless #1 then teams used the pit lane to cheat and hide all there goasts so all you people get your facts right!!!!! So if the SMS-R is what it is if we all didn't cut and others did would the goasts be reviewed and would the people who didn't cut win??? I don't think so

PTG Greeksniper
05-06-2015, 11:01
Everyone needs to relax. The fast racers will do anything that the game allows to get to the top. Its an ego thing. Its the competitive spark in all of us. Ive been a member of some of the biggest teams in history on racing games. The amount of effort these top teams put into topping the lbs on a track will blow your mind. Top teams have dedicated tuners, dedicated hotlappers, dedicated racers. Its a structured team everyone has a job to do. They attack tracks and cars one at a time. If you are trying to top the lbs by yourself with no team you will never catch the top racers.
trust me. BAM are a group of drivers tuners racers combining all their skill to destroy everyone. Cutting no cutting glitches bugs etc etc no matter what gets fixed in this game the top teams will always be on top.

TrevorAustin
05-06-2015, 11:05
Simple words as cheaters cutters ect hiding goasts as well I want you all to join us in a lobby to race save the replay I will even stream it to show you I will play the game just as you do. And for cutting or Pitt landing it wasn't BAM who started it it was other teams at Silverstone and them people in them teams all hid there goast it was addressed to pcars on Twitter and they done nothing about it. I can tell you that you saying BAM are hiding goasts and cutting every possible corner is simply not true.. The sooner the game is fixed and boards are wiped the better trust me! No one could cut on forza and all in this team we're still top. I find it amusing that even WMD members are putting down team BAMfix the game!!!!! we do not spend our time on this game finding corners to cut so we can be top we only do what others have done.

I'm sure you can beat me doing it correctly with so little effort you would find it embarrassing. I can't even keep up with a ghost doing 1:24 round Monza who doesn't cut anything!

But that isn't the point I hope most people are making. If you see the only purpose of doing this is to be at the top of leaderboards that's up to you. But if I was anywhere near as good as you guys I would want to do it properly still. In any sport there are many ways to cheat, take Lance Armstrong, he cheated because "everybody else" did, does that make it OK in your eyes? Or if we find that Jack Nicklaus cheated because it was the only way to win would that be OK?

Depends how you see what you're doing, I try and see it as a sporting achievement, which means competing within the spirit of the competition not just doing the most you can get away with. Just like footballers diving to get penalties, etc. Should be banned IMO, not lauded because they can "get away with it"

So it's a personal choice, it will never affect me as I'm sure I'd be a handful of seconds behind any time you could put up with or without cutting, but I can also see why people who believe in the spirit of competition get upset about it.

I also don't understand why SMS would take any more notice of your president than any other ordinary user of the game, it's not like your approval or not will make any real % sales difference is it?

PTG Claret
05-06-2015, 11:10
When the track limits are fixed, and the boards wiped, and BAM are still top, what you going to complain about then?

D1rty Duck UK
05-06-2015, 11:12
Cheats will always cheat. Are BAM fast yes they are, so the whole idea that they have to cheat to get top spot shows there true colours I'm afraid.

I would rather be further down the leaderboards knowing that my laps are clean.

PTG Claret
05-06-2015, 11:13
Question - are BAM cheater ls for topping the FM5 LBs?

Holgersson Nils
05-06-2015, 11:18
I am the best cheater. Check out my spirit on the Nordschleife, I can fly there even. smile

tankyx
05-06-2015, 11:21
When the track limits are fixed, and the boards wiped, and BAM are still top, what you going to complain about then?

I know a lot of drivers as talented or more talented than BAM team that will be as fast, or faster than them if everybody is playing legit. I, personally, refuse to compete in this events where everybody is Hermann Tilke. And a lot of people are like that.

FA RACING 01
05-06-2015, 11:21
Question - are BAM cheater ls for topping the FM5 LBs?

Based on their ghost I could follow once [think it was Sebring] definitely NO.

FA RACING 01
05-06-2015, 11:25
I know a lot of as talented or more talented than BAM team that will be as fast, or faster than them if everybody is playing legit. I, personally, refuse to compete in this events where everybody is Hermann Tilke. And a lot of people are like that.

Fully agreed, but then question still remain - why are the BAMS singled out here and even asked to be banned. If SMS does ban them on the issue at hand, so will LOTS of others and very few players will remain.

VOR Amarth
05-06-2015, 11:27
Not being funny but some of you need to actually thank the likes of BAM etc...

Without the people that really push the boundaries of these games, driving cars to the limit, learning every inch of the track, you will be lapping in la la land in a broken game. They are not the bad guys here, they have openly acknowledged the state of the game and are even helping the developers, so chill, hopefully things will be sorted soon.

tankyx
05-06-2015, 11:32
Not being funny but some of you need to actually thank the likes of BAM etc...

Without the people that really push the boundaries of these games, driving cars to the limit, learning every inch of the track, you will be lapping in la la land in a broken game. They are not the bad guys here, they have openly acknowledged the state of the game and are even helping the developers, so chill, hopefully things will be sorted soon.

Better thanks SDL and ex-R1R (that are BAM now) then.

Fully agreed, but then question still remain - why are the BAMS singled out here and even asked to be banned. If SMS does ban them on the issue at hand, so will LOTS of others and very few players will remain.

Ban them now, along the others, and when the Cutting system is updated and the LB wiped, unban them.

Bealdor
05-06-2015, 11:34

Nobody will get banned and track cutting fixes are in the works (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27013-Track-cutting-detection-fixes-coming-soon).

I'm going to close this thread because we're running in circles here and calling out a single group while lots of other players are doing the same is unnecessary, dare I say pointless.