PDA

View Full Version : Custom Liveries for PS4

Phil.Vhee
04-06-2015, 15:56
Hello every body,
First I want to say that Project Cars is the best driving car simulation for the PS4 and I really take a great pleasure with him but I am very disappointed because we can't custom liveries like with Forza Motorsport :( What about that :confused:

tmitch45
04-06-2015, 15:58
I agree custom liveries would be a welcome addition to PS4 ad xbone even if they were designed on pc or tablet and then imported to console.

Markeeez
04-06-2015, 16:03
I agree custom liveries would be a welcome addition to PS4 ad xbone even if they were designed on pc or tablet and then imported to console.

Agree, would be a cool idea to be able to access your garage online where you can see your replays, pictures and design custom liveries on there. :)

GT_Racing
04-06-2015, 16:19
Hello every body,
First I want to say that Project Cars is the best driving car simulation for the PS4 and I really take a great pleasure with him but I am very disappointed because we can't custom liveries like with Forza Motorsport :( What about that :confused:

"Project Cars is the best driving simulaiton for the PS4" <- Not saying this is a bad game, but before this game came out I could have made the best simulation for the PS4. There is no competition.

HarryHoodlum
04-06-2015, 16:53
I agree we either need more liveries or the ability to make some. Obviously this would just be a bonus on a great game, but if they could figure out a way to make a basic livery editor that would be a lot of fun. Maybe have a batch of logos/stickers, number badges, paint colors, maybe some photo images to slap on there...I think as much as it makes sense to lock you into a livery in career mode, online could benefit from some level of customization, even if it were just paint colors for body/wheels.

I didn't buy this game to customize the visuals on my car though, so if it stays the way it is, I don't think it detracts from the experience.

chev
04-06-2015, 17:55
Devs have already said a livery creator like Forza would be far too time consuming to develop and implement.

HOWEVER, they could go the route EA went a few years ago for their NASCAR game. Using a DDS importer, you could upload your liveries to their server, then download them to your device. Anyone on your friends list could then see your scheme in their game after they downloaded it as well.

tmitch45
04-06-2015, 18:55
Devs have already said a livery creator like Forza would be far too time consuming to develop and implement.

I no expert when it come to the development of programs etc. but is there not this function already on the PC verion of PCARS that could be used? Another idea is what about an app where you can design your own livery and upload to the PS4?

wyldanimal
04-06-2015, 19:06

HOWEVER, they could go the route EA went a few years ago for their NASCAR game. Using a DDS importer, you could upload your liveries to their server, then download them to your device. Anyone on your friends list could then see your scheme in their game after they downloaded it as well.

Yes, that is how it should be implemented.

Design it off line, Upload to your Online Profile / server
then Download it in the Game.

Not sure how these could be Screened so No offensive / abusive livery designs would get through.

Anyone on-line who doesn't have your Custom Livery would then Get a temp copy from the server, or they would just see the default one.

Allow Each car to have only One custom Livery.

While Waiting in the On-line Lobby, all the members would sync up their custom Livery.

If already on track, and a new member joins, then Only the default Livery is displayed for the new member, and the new Member also only see's default livery for all the other drivers already on track.
( no reason to add Livery Download time while cars are on the track. )