PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Steering lock changes during game!!

Gokhan
04-06-2015, 16:25
Hello dear racer community

I'am experiencing two annoying problem with my g27 setup in pCars. I could not find any posts about my problem so i opening a new thread. If there is any just forward me to it.

1) Sometimes when i driving steering lock changes by itself which cars have less lock then 900 degrees. In example gt3 cars have around 540 degree lock rigth. At first my wheel works with 1:1 transition with 540 degrees but rarely something happens and my steering wheel lost its 1:1 transition to like 1,6:1 (i dont know its just an example number :D) and i have to turn my wheel 900 degrees to turn 540 degree in game and it is sooo much frusturating when playing long races. After i restarted the game problem solves.

2) When i minimize the game with alt+tab or whatever g27 get deactive in game. When i look at hardware setting in windows g27 is running so its just losing connection with game. After restarting the game it start to work again.

if someone experienced this please drop a comment :)

by the way im not using logitech profiler. But these problems happens while its open anyways.

Rob20236
04-06-2015, 17:57
ive also had that problem a couple of times where steering lock changes. last time was half way through a 20 lap race at imola, where i out braked myself at chicane went over the grass and when i rejoined track the steering was super sensitive. slightest turn gave me full lock!

Mahjik
04-06-2015, 18:07
1. Sounds like pCARS may be losing connection with the Logitech Profiler. Make sure you have Windows setup for Performance and don't have any thermal throttling applications/configuration.

2. pCARS (as well as many other full screen games), does not react well to ALT-TAB.

Rob20236
04-06-2015, 18:45
1. Sounds like pCARS may be losing connection with the Logitech Profiler. Make sure you have Windows setup for Performance and don't have any thermal throttling applications/configuration.

2. pCARS (as well as many other full screen games), does not react well to ALT-TAB.

maybe on to something there. i cant say i alt-tab my game. but if i remember right , the last time it happened. when i exited the game. the i-tunes update pop up was there. so maybe during gameplay the i-tunes pop up interfered with wheel connection. so yea check your background applications.
thanks

Gokhan
07-06-2015, 13:31
ok i think i find the solution.. I'am gonna write it because maybe it can work for somebody too. I deleted the profiler and installed again. Made a profile for Pcars and then enter the game and inputed the all buttons from pedals to steering wheel again. With this step the second one minimizing problem was definetly solved. Aaaand i didnt experienced the steering lock chances in game either..

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 13:45
Just don't use the Profiler... no more problems and great FFB.

MULTIVITZ
07-06-2015, 13:48
I use a pad and have found difficulty with getting enough lock sometimes. I believe its the self centring effect from the caster along with tyres contact patch position at the time it happens, in my case. Some people call it understeer, but it will hamper opposite lock you'll notice. Getting more weight onto the front axle sorts this for me. So I blame the setup (as usual lol) its very hard (and time consuming!!) to get the car balanced to drive well, with the wheel losing it's settings is just compounding the issues. I just hope theres no guys at SMS who are holding back on calculation issues concerning this and speed sensitivity settings issues, because its interrelated. I don't want to drive a boat or a one legged frog lol.Something we will overcome no doubt, from both sides of the fence!

Rotcivhp
16-10-2015, 15:16
I've been having the same experience with my g27.

It starts fine, with g27 wheel and cockpit view wheel matched, but after few laps, it seems that something 'loads' (a very little lag) and after this the steering does not match anymore, if i turn 90 on g27, the wheel on screen turns ~180 (as well as the car itself). It's annoying.

I use logitech profiler with the "allow the game change settings" enabled.