PDA

View Full Version : Engine Blow Up

flyming
04-06-2015, 17:35
Hi,
im now in the endurance race class driving an RWD LMP1. My engine blows up every time i drive in that first race. last time i tryed to watch the temperature(btw is this just possible on the wheel? cant see it in the hud while driving from the outside.) when it got quiet high i tryd to shift earlier than the automatic gearbox, didnt work it blew up again.
the only help im using is automatic shifting, everything else is turned off instead of full dmg obv.

has anybody an idea what i should do? apart from switching mechanical dmg off.

thank you guys

Rusty Monk
04-06-2015, 17:43
Increase how open your radiator is in the tuning set up would.probably help.

Doctor Doom
04-06-2015, 17:54
That is a badge of honor. If you run your car too hard, you can blow the engine. I rarely complete Nurburgring without blowing every engine in many different vehicles. The long track that is. Of course I have not blown an engine since I first got the game. I did run out of gas in one qualifying session.

Machinist90
04-06-2015, 17:56
they're real sensitive to bumping,if you bump another car your radiator will overheat

lmntr
08-06-2015, 21:54
I just got the game and have been doing some laps with the Ruf GT3 and have blown the engine at the very first race I had. I did not even adjust the radiator opening at that time. Where can I find the engine temperature gauge in the Ruf? What else could cause a blown engine?

Umer Ahmad
08-06-2015, 21:56
Use the MOTEC display. The LCD screen on dahsboard. U need to map a button to hanges the motec pages, one of them has water/oil temp

lmntr
09-06-2015, 01:50
Thanks.

CustomInternals
09-06-2015, 01:56
It's weird because I myself have blown the engine in the BMW M3 GT3 a couple times. The weird part is that it was the stock setting for the radiator. You'd think that the stock setting would allow you to run it 100% for a long time before blowing it up. I didn't notice any damage when I blew mine. Just high revving it once in a while. Maybe there's something that I didn't notice or something that effects it that we haven't figured out yet. Aero could have been slightly damaged. If that was the case it might not have been getting enough air. Huh...

Mahjik
09-06-2015, 02:17
Aero could have been slightly damaged. If that was the case it might not have been getting enough air.

Yes, this can cause it if you have a front impact. After the impact, you need to check your temps and make sure they aren't climbing. If they are, you need to back it down and/or pit for damage.