PDA

View Full Version : NOT A LEAGUE! Casual LMP/ Formula A/ Lotus 98T sessions :) No sign-ups.

hkraft300
05-06-2015, 02:37
This is for anyone interested in some non-league, informal practice/ test/ tune/ race sessions on Project Cars.

The aim is to have fun. Get faster. Help each other get faster. Share driving line/technique/car setups. Pro's/ n00bs/ Wheel/ DS4/ AIDS couldn't care less (100% STI-free). This is no championship and winners are only being offered bragging rights and respect (if you're not a d***) but not much else. Hoping we can switch the lobbies to private once we have a few lads and ladies on board.

So a pCars buddy (USA) and myself (Aussie) have been just hot-lapping, practicing, testing and tuning online on different tracks, and having some races. We usually set 60 minute practice sessions to learn the track, set up the cars and do some long-ish races of 10+ laps minimum. You know, let the tires and brakes reach temperature and let yourself get in the rhythm a little, get a chance to enjoy the race, have a bit of a battle for position etc right?

Last weekend one night we had 6-7 races at Watkins Glen GP (public lobby, others would join and start the sesh before we'd change tracks because we're too busy chatting haha) in different cars, each race was 15 laps. Every race we had minimum 10-12 starters but within the first 5 laps it was down to 3 remaining drivers! Weak as piss, right? Also... you know... gets kind of lonely out there...
Not like we were driving Caterhams or Clio's - 15 laps at the Glen in the top tier stuff is only about 25 minutes! If you can't last that long...

I generally push for the FA/LMP/Lotus 98T but often we switch to some GT3 (old mate loves GT3) and touring car action too, just to change it up a little.

So... if you're up for a bit of a test and tune sesh and you want races that last longer than a box of tissues in the hands of Quagmire when he discovered the internet... just add me on PSN (same ID) and mention pCars or something :)

Any questions, or organize something amongst yourselves if I'm not online... drop a post here whatever.

Catch you on track hey!

Pink_650S
06-06-2015, 01:45
I'm always up for some clean racing :)
I'll add you!

hkraft300
06-06-2015, 02:40
I'm always up for some clean racing :)
I'll add you!

Lies

Epic Lotus 98T battles @ Spa at the moment. Jump in

TC33
07-06-2015, 07:07
alway down for a race

hkraft300
07-06-2015, 09:33
I'm going overseas tonight for 2 weeks so I won't be on.
Already getting withdrawals -.-
suppose everyone is welcome to organise some casual test and race sessions amongst yourselves :)
That includes league racers looking to get some extra track time between events!
I'll be in touch. Going to consolidate and throw up some tunes in the garage section when I get a chance so keep an eye out. I need some test drivers of all levels!

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 12:07
Oh cool!
Whats you destination if l my ask? :)

hkraft300
07-06-2015, 12:31
Morocco
Haven't been beyond Asia yet.
Very excitement. Much curiousity.

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 12:46
Wow thats awesome! :D
I've never been to Africa, hope l can go there someday too :)

hkraft300
07-06-2015, 12:54
need to start boarding to switch off wifi... Must not post racist stereotype Africa jokes...

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 13:00
need to start boarding to switch off wifi... Must not post racist stereotype Africa jokes...

Lol? :eek:

Lilwy88
07-06-2015, 14:50
I'm going overseas tonight for 2 weeks so I won't be on.
Already getting withdrawals -.-
suppose everyone is welcome to organise some casual test and race sessions amongst yourselves :)
That includes league racers looking to get some extra track time between events!
I'll be in touch. Going to consolidate and throw up some tunes in the garage section when I get a chance so keep an eye out. I need some test drivers of all levels!

Enjoy the trip HK. Hope its every thing you've planned and more. See you back on the track soon.

hkraft300
19-06-2015, 00:36
Lol? :eek:

given up hope.
haven't seen a camel or zebra.

#disappointed

hkraft300
24-06-2015, 08:07
So
Who's up for some races?