PDA

View Full Version : Just checking

Konan
05-06-2015, 04:42
Having seen the details of the upcoming patch 1.4 and not finding anything about it,here is my question:
Does someone know if the issue about having no penalties or flags in career mode on ps4 is being adressed?just for the sake of realism because this is supposed to be a sim racer right?i also find it strange that none of the AI have accidents (except sometimes crashing into me).
Otherwise fantastic job on a super game!

Fanapryde
05-06-2015, 05:34
..... i also find it strange that none of the AI have accidents (except sometimes crashing into me).

Very strange.. I see them crashing, even being stuck in the barriers fr the remainder of the race...

Konan
05-06-2015, 05:39
Yes,very strange...no accidents,ne debrie on track,they don't even have a collision in the first corner.maybe that's why i never see a yellow flag?and i've tried it in every setting,even started last sometimes to observe them:a lot of changing directions but no spinn-offs,accidents,...

lordymatsuo
05-06-2015, 11:24
Im an online racing kinda guy but if i was a career mode guy i'd definately be wanting thse improvments. As a simracer this is almost fundamental isnt it

Konan
05-06-2015, 11:26
My thaughts exactly...i only play offline so...

fitzsteve
05-06-2015, 11:27
Maybe the AI crash more at higher levels? Funniest I saw was one of the Racing Carts do a barrel roll after clipping a curb! Also seen AI stuck on the barriers, etc.

The main improvement for me would be for the AI to have side awareness, if you make a move down the inside the AI always turns in on you and in open wheel 9 out of 10 times that will cause a big accident.

Konan
05-06-2015, 11:29
Nope...tried all levels.

rocafella1978
05-06-2015, 13:28
here are my little infos:
1) at 70% or higher, barely yellow flags, at least in my solo mode or career mode (which I suspended until patch comes out) but tons on wrong and constant blue flags waved, even if u are coming out of garage in pit lane, they wave blue flag or engineer tells u to let cars/ faster car past u or fast car approaching, and when u look on map, the other car is actually on start and finish track outside pit lane :)
2) some tracks, for no reason wave blue flags all the time (have posted and have seen posts about this)
3) AI sometimes drives into wall and staying there accelerating against the wall, no reverse...have had many races and solos like that happen (spa, monza, azure, imola)
4) AI has no side awareness at all, they pull out with full force unrealistic and cause crash with other AI or with player (80% of the time)
5) first corner pile up, like stacking containers, happens also a lot of times, or 1-2nd chicane and or just rear ending each other on hair pin turns, usually first lap 1st, 2nd or 3rd curve/ hair pin.
6) magnetic effects on cars, so if u are inside of AI and he closes the door on you, he bumps outwards/ to outside of curve u go with him both all the way into gravel/ dirt...or elsewhere on track magnetic effect working its magic, u can clearly and very well see that in replays, it is reproducable, get close to AI slightest touch activates magentic effect

RobMUFC1987
05-06-2015, 15:02
Do you have Penalties and Damage turned on?

fitzsteve
05-06-2015, 15:06
I also notice if you make a nice move on the AI at a chicane they just cut the second part of the corner to stay in front. If only that was allowed in real races lol.

Konan
05-06-2015, 16:56
I have penalties and flags turned on...once i had a yellow flag on the mini-map and cautions for slow car ahead but when i got to that point there was nothing to see...for the rest it's like taking a ride on a sunday afternoon (but at high speed) LOL
So you can understand that the realism and excitement of a real race is second to none.
I allready started another thread about this issue (no penalties),but it seemed to have died a silent death :-)
I did get a response that the devs were aware of the problem;that is why i asked the question if this issue is still being looked at because there is nothing in the new patch...

KK78
05-06-2015, 19:51
I've never really thought about it but now I do having done 7 seasons across Karts, GT, Prototype, Formula B and Formula I've only seen about 2 or 3 major smashes, most of the time the Ai goes off track and barges back on into my line :rolleyes:

Konan
05-06-2015, 20:01
Yes,they seem to drive perfectly towards eachother but treat me like i'm invisible...it's like they made a deal to smash into the player but not eachother :-)

rocafella1978
05-06-2015, 20:08
Do you have Penalties and Damage turned on?
yes all on.

rocafella1978
05-06-2015, 20:09
I've never really thought about it but now I do having done 7 seasons across Karts, GT, Prototype, Formula B and Formula I've only seen about 2 or 3 major smashes, most of the time the Ai goes off track and barges back on into my line :rolleyes:
japp, always back into the line and in front of one, with no regard for sides