PDA

View Full Version : Blocky Sun

SincerelyGhostwritten
05-06-2015, 06:36
I've been playing for about 26 hours total now and the low res sun texture keeps annoying me. The texture is fine on very sunny days since you cant make it out due to the sky being so bright, but later on in the day it begins to look like something from an N64 game. Could you please update the texture in the next update?

jason
05-06-2015, 06:39
I must say I have noticed this also ( ps4 version ) ,it is strange when everything else looks so good .

Those screen shots look brilliant by the way .

SincerelyGhostwritten
05-06-2015, 06:47
Ok, good to know its not just a bug on the PC version

Those screen shots look brilliant by the way .
Yea the game looks so good I've noticed myself turning off the HUD (which I usually don't do) just for that close to real life feel

UMadBro
05-06-2015, 07:45
The sun looks round, it looks like only when you're trying to race the sun.

mister dog
05-06-2015, 07:54
Do you have Anti Aliasing enabled in the graphics options? Made my sun look a bit less blocky, although not perfectly round yet.

Siberian Tiger
05-06-2015, 07:57
It's not just the Texture to change.... (If it would be that easy they would have done it allready)

It seems more a shader Problem in certain circumstances...

SincerelyGhostwritten
05-06-2015, 08:40
The sun looks round, it looks like only when you're trying to race the sun.
What?

Do you have Anti Aliasing enabled in the graphics options? Made my sun look a bit less blocky, although not perfectly round yet.
Yes I do.

It's not just the Texture to change.... (If it would be that easy they would have done it allready)

It seems more a shader Problem in certain circumstances...
Why is it not just the sun texture? It's not as if the whole skybox is low res, just the sun.

Siberian Tiger
05-06-2015, 08:43
We found these Low Res Sun during the WMD "Beta" Period also...
And the Devs told us that it's not just a texture Problem, instead a shader Problem (maybe)

It's on the List of the Dev's that are responible for the Daytime/Weather System ;)

UMadBro
05-06-2015, 08:52
It may be that the sun isn't actually just a small round orb with light, it may be part of the sandbox's walls. Like when you reach the end of a area and everything goes black.

SincerelyGhostwritten
05-06-2015, 09:15
It's on the List of the Dev's that are responible for the Daytime/Weather System ;)
Ok thats good to hear, I've been dealing with Rockstars lack of support for the terrible render distances in GTA V so its good to hear that someones actually fixing these things.

UMadBro
05-06-2015, 10:05
Ok thats good to hear, I've been dealing with Rockstars lack of support for the terrible render distances in GTA V so its good to hear that someones actually fixing these things.

Mods.

Bealdor
05-06-2015, 10:07
Mods.

Here!

Oh, you mean the other kind of mod... :(

*Walks out again slowly*