PDA

View Full Version : As of this morning digital version won't load?

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 07:42
Anyone the same?

Sankyo
05-06-2015, 08:15
What do you mean with 'won't load'? What do you do? What happens with the game? Where does it stop, what error message(s) is/are generated etc.?

PeoplesChampion
05-06-2015, 10:33
Loads for me, just fine.

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 11:04
It just comes to the main screen and hangs there

OrenIshii BE
05-06-2015, 11:08
It just comes to the main screen and hangs there

Have you got the instant on feature set for the xbox one?
then do a hard reset (hold power button on the console for 5-10sec)

Ridgey
05-06-2015, 11:10
Had this the other day on my console. I uninstalled and reinstalled, also turnt my machine from instant on to power saving. I have had this issue with many a digital download not a PCars issue. Hard resetting seemed to solve this everytime. Thats why I have changed from instant on to power saving saves the trouble.

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 11:18
It's the screen after press start screen . I don't use power saving. Gonna have to re install Dam it

Sankyo
05-06-2015, 11:22
It's the screen after press start screen . I don't use power saving. Gonna have to re install Dam it

But did you try a hard reset first?

talby71
05-06-2015, 11:49

instant on is the mode that causes some issues with some games
try a proper hard reset like everyone has suggested...also try removing the power plug from the wall

OrenIshii BE
05-06-2015, 11:56
Yeah,

i have the 'instant on' activated,
but everytime i fire up pCars, i do a hard reset anyways, just to be sure it runs as smooth!

Haven't had any issues,
apart from the restart pcars from instant mode, it hangs on loading the track. other than that no problems.

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 13:02
Did hard reset did unplug nothing. Almost re installed it better work I need my fix

KkDrummer
05-06-2015, 13:09
you should read this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28540-Having-Problems-with-Project-Cars-This-MAY-help!

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 13:16
For goodness sake it's just doin the same thing. No idea what to do now

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 13:23
It just can't get past screen after press start. Tried everything. All other games ok. Do I contact Microsoft?

nissan4ever
05-06-2015, 13:24
Make sure nothing on console dashboard is running in the background.

Are you on Xbox One hdd or an external hdd?

nissan4ever
05-06-2015, 13:25
What's the size of game on your hdd? Does it say 18.7 gb?

xxBENxx
05-06-2015, 13:27
For goodness sake it's just doin the same thing. No idea what to do now

try rebooting your router, also shut down the xbox one for 5 mins. Then after 5 mins start xbox one, sign in, go to your games and apps, check the size of the project cars file size to make sure it says 18.7gb, If yes go start the game when it starts sometimes it takes a while for it to load but if you wait it should work.

If that fails try this
unplug the XB1 and all the cables run up to the 111th floor knock on the door of room number 326, run into the room all screaming and dancing, while trying to make your way to the window and throw as hard as you can the XB1 out the window, Then im sure it should work. Its a good idea to have someone down at the ground floor to check the light is still on.

skijumptoes
05-06-2015, 14:07
I wonder if this is a similar issue that people have reported whereby the game won't go past the screen when logged in to xbox live?

Try disconnecting from xbox live and trying it if so. There seems to be a few with a problem with the game save syncing to the cloud on startup.

Also try starting it with a different profile, to rule out corrupted save file.

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 14:26
Been on to Microsoft they suggested turning it off. Re installing again. Will try all these suggestions when it re installs. Gonna sign in on another console and see what happens.

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 14:33
I don't have external drive I'm hard wired and have plenty space on hd. What happens if save file corrupted

skijumptoes
05-06-2015, 14:54
Well, you just delete the save and start afresh. Just create a local user on your xbox and sign in as them (Don't sign up to xbox live or anything) then try the game - if that works then you know it's something to do with your save, or the cloud save that microsoft automatically take as a backup for you.

Don't forget to try signing out of xbox live on your normal profile and trying also - if this works you know it's something to do with the cloud save, and not your actual profile.

Snowowl
05-06-2015, 15:39
A "hard reset" on the Xbox One will NOT do anything unless you also disconnect the power pack cord from the wall (or wall-side connector to the plug) and wait until ALL power drains from the external pack. It shows white on the pack when "on" and an orange glow when powered, but not turned out. Unless you drain it, the memory is retained and you might as well sit there all day restarting the console.

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 15:47
I unplugged the whole kaboodle whilst I went work

Chris Shakespeare
05-06-2015, 21:48
Sorry guys I'm an idiot. I just had to delete my save game. I didn't even know that was an option I just thought it was just all handled automatically in the cloud. Thanks for help

skijumptoes
08-06-2015, 12:23
Did that sort it then? If so, sounds like a few users have had issues with profile saves since update?

Chris Shakespeare
08-06-2015, 13:34
Yeah just had to start career again

Sankyo
08-06-2015, 13:35
It does mean that your profile got corrupted, doesn't it? That's bad.

Chris Shakespeare
08-06-2015, 13:40
I think it was after watching a replay

AdM1
08-06-2015, 13:43
Is it possible to back up the save onto an external memory stick or something? To avoid losing both saves if this happens.

Bigsteviet
08-06-2015, 19:46
Wow! That sucks! I'd be pissed if I lost all my progress! (Even though I'm sure I'd do better second time around...)

CPU M Rossi
08-06-2015, 20:04
Well, you just delete the save and start afresh. Just create a local user on your xbox and sign in as them (Don't sign up to xbox live or anything) then try the game - if that works then you know it's something to do with your save, or the cloud save that microsoft automatically take as a backup for you.

Don't forget to try signing out of xbox live on your normal profile and trying also - if this works you know it's something to do with the cloud save, and not your actual profile.
you can't do that any gamertag you create on the xbox one has to have a email address or at least be a silver account, I do miss being able to have an offline gamertag that isn't even a silver account

skijumptoes
09-06-2015, 11:24
you can't do that any gamertag you create on the xbox one has to have a email address or at least be a silver account, I do miss being able to have an offline gamertag that isn't even a silver account

Really? Wow, i didn't know that - thanks for pointing it out - that sucks big time!