PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 4 Discussion

moringstoner
05-06-2015, 08:05
Fallout 3 New Vegas was a broken game on consoles. The game would crash on Xbox 360 and PS3 over and over again, I think because the corpses you made and all the loot on the ground would overload the RAM on consoles. Has anyone ever beat Fallout 3 NV on consoles? Is it even possible? Bethesda released a defective game, yet they are loved amongst the majority of gamers. Even if you play it on PC, it is so poorly optimized and the graphics look like doodoo. I can only think of a game that crashed as many times as fallout, and that's XCOM: Enemy Unknown. XCOM isn't nearly as bad, but thats another topic. Fallout 3 NV on consoles, mid game you would get major slow downs followed by a crash after a couple minutes of playing guaranteed. So why didn't they get any heat over it? I challenge anyone to play and beat Fallout 3 NV on consoles. It's IMPOSSIBLE, even to this day, with all patches installed. With or without DLC.

blacknred81
05-06-2015, 08:07
Because this has something do with Project CARS general discussion, there is a off topic section, and a mod will most likely move this thread there......

LADY GEMMA JANE
05-06-2015, 08:07
I hate fallout and fifa

Elmo
05-06-2015, 08:08
Moved to Offtopic

OrenIshii BE
05-06-2015, 08:11
Fallout 3 New Vegas was a broken game on consoles. The game would crash on Xbox 360 and PS3 over and over again, I think because the corpses you made and all the loot on the ground would overload the RAM on consoles. Has anyone ever beat Fallout 3 NV on consoles? Is it even possible? Bethesda released a defective game, yet they are loved amongst the majority of gamers. Even if you play it on PC, it is so poorly optimized and the graphics look like doodoo. I can only think of a game that crashed as many times as fallout, and that's XCOM: Enemy Unknown. XCOM isn't nearly as bad, but thats another topic. Fallout 3 NV on consoles, mid game you would get major slow downs followed by a crash after a couple minutes of playing guaranteed. So why didn't they get any heat over it? I challenge anyone to play and beat Fallout 3 NV on consoles. It's IMPOSSIBLE, even to this day, with all patches installed. With or without DLC.

I fell in love with fallout since the first one!
loved everyone of them, including New Vegas.

And i didn't have any crashes whatsoever with it, on the xbox360
i finished the game with 2 of the 3 endings
About graphic, they were indeed not the best, but by the sheer size of the game not bad at all.

And to state with a classic phrase: 'gameplay over graphics'

edit:
I'm very much looking forward to Fallout 4 by the end of the year (hopefully)
So sry to SMS and Ian, but gonna have to cut back on pCars, so i can split time between the 2 ;-)

PTG Claret
05-06-2015, 08:42
In all fairness, pcars is broken and crashes a lot too.

My cousin thinks we are all a bunch of borring feckers, driving around and around a track on a game that doesn't work correctly.

He like Warcraft, so I think he's boring, and probably lives under the stairs and wears a cloak to play the game.

We all like different stuff, and if we didn't, it would be a very boring world.

Each to their own....

Bealdor
05-06-2015, 09:02
Fallout 3 was THE game of the last decade for me and Fallout 4 will be the only game (and XCOM 2 maybe) to keep me off from PCARS for a longer period.

Invincible
05-06-2015, 09:38
I am waiting for Fallout 4 too. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas and played them for hundreds of hours. Also there are tons of really awesome mods available for them (on PC at least ;))

o Mike V o
05-06-2015, 13:42
How do you NOT like Fallout is the real question, they are buggy sometimes but no big deal. I loved those games on the 360 so much that I recently bought them again on steam.

cerbrus2
05-06-2015, 13:51
Fallout is brilliantly scripted game with great gameplay, also bringing the V.A.T.S element from the originals was amazing fun. Yes they wher buggy, but these where massively open world games. So bugs are gonna happen. But the games where so good I forgave the bugs. Fallout 3 was far better than Vegas imo. I mean come on vault 112...... I used to keep loading it back from a. Save to fined some other way to kill or save everyone lol

mcarver2000
05-06-2015, 14:02
Because it was immersive, creative, open, and just plain fun. I had no issues running (on PC's) any of them and had no issues whatsoever with the graphics.

Edroh De Nornal
05-06-2015, 14:12
Why people love FO?
the nostalgia buddy.
crash on your crappy console?
play it on PC with a pentium 4 with a geforce4 AGP, probably runs better.

Mowzer
05-06-2015, 16:29
The Fallout games were epic in my opinion for me it was the exploration 9f the wastelands that I loved and all the wierd and wonderful things you could find and see :). Really looking forward to more information on the new game ;).

OrenIshii BE
08-06-2015, 08:37
Why people love FO?
the nostalgia buddy.

really dude!?

Olijke Poffer
08-06-2015, 12:45
LoL I do not see the point why there is always a PC vs Console war going on. Just respect the choice a gamer makes. PC or Console. Who cares, as long if you have fun. I have a console and I love it. I give a sh.. if a PC is more powerful or what ever. I still having a awful lot of fun gaming on the console.
FA is just great. I wish I could live another 200 million years to play all those great games.... #dropsonthecouchtoplaysomemorePCarsontheconsole

GTS jinx
08-06-2015, 12:49
I played fallout and beat the game many times just to see the difference in the endings lol. And yes I had way to much time on my hands. But I did get the crashing you talked about and it did show telltale signs before it would crash so I saved the game turned it off and back on and I could play for another 3 hours before it would crash again. I can not wait for fallout 4 it's been too long since the last one. I wander if ED-E gets to his maker in this one?

MillsLayne
10-06-2015, 03:05
I never had any issues with 3 or NV on the 360, and I loved the hell out of both! The humor, exploration, gameplay, soundtracks, setting, backstory...basically everything about them were so good. Fallout 4 is now at the top of my list for must haves (after Arkham Knight is released).

theZOGster
10-06-2015, 03:17
Fallout 3: New Vegas used to crash on me all the time until I learned that if you keep your game saves to a minimum it's a lot more stable. I have no idea why but if you keep your game saves to 6 or less you can go weeks without a freeze or crash.

It's a great, immersive game for people who aren't all about "quick twitch gaming".

Fyrwulf
10-06-2015, 04:21
The fact that the OP referenced Fallout 3 NV is the reason why s/he doesn't get it. Never experienced any of the older games.

Edroh De Nornal
10-06-2015, 07:42
really dude!?

really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_hi890Bk_c

really

LoL I do not see the point why there is always a PC vs Console war going on. Just respect the choice a gamer makes. PC or Console. Who cares, as long if you have fun. I have a console and I love it. I give a sh.. if a PC is more powerful or what ever. I still having a awful lot of fun gaming on the console.
FA is just great. I wish I could live another 200 million years to play all those great games.... #dropsonthecouchtoplaysomemorePCarsontheconsole

Is not about PC raw power
Is about how reliable the PC is.

about master race. Master Race? master race my b*lls, that's what i think. Every "master arrogant race" thinks is all about hardware power, that's is a third of the cake.
anyways...
My criticism comes from another perspective that many obviate. Is about the companies of consoles who steal and lie to the customers about how wonderful and powerful their consoles are, when is not. And up to an exorbitant price.
The worst of all is the users who defend their consoles, they argue a variety of fallacies easily breakable, and always, ALWAYS put the issue of graphics or gameplay when it suits them.
Meanwhile, the companies continue robbing to the customers. And the costumers, happy.

Fallout 3: New Vegas used to crash on me all the time until I learned that if you keep your game saves to a minimum it's a lot more stable. I have no idea why but if you keep your game saves to 6 or less you can go weeks without a freeze or crash.

It's a great, immersive game for people who aren't all about "quick twitch gaming".

Something similar happens in PC, but at least you got more save slots until it happens(around 100 saves)

FONV in xbox is really buggy. I remember a tv show about videogames in 2010 few days before the official release, the guys were playing and showing the miracles of the game, everthing was "whoooohh!" "cool!" "those graphics!" "FONV FTW!" And suddenly... the crash of crashes, the game stops, the onsole resets, and the silence come, then the "booo's" and finally the laughs.

madmax2069
10-06-2015, 08:11
Because fallout 3 and new vegas is a epic game (as well as elder scrolls). I played 3, and new vegas, Oblivion, skyrim on PS3 and didnt run into many crashes at all.

What made this game even better for me was the crazy bugs you can run into on these games, that alone made me keep coming back for more to fine out what crazy things the bugs would come up with next.

As well as the epic story and gameplay which only made me fall in love with the game.

OrenIshii BE
10-06-2015, 09:35
really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_hi890Bk_c

I was not questioning its possible to run Fallout 3 on a pentium 4 PC,
i was quoting you for bashing on the 'crappy console'
There's no need in starting a platform flame war!

edit:

Why people love FO?
the nostalgia buddy.

really dude!?

Sik180sx
10-06-2015, 13:53
Fallout 3 was THE game of the last decade for me and Fallout 4 will be the only game (and XCOM 2 maybe) to keep me off from PCARS for a longer period.

Couldn't agree more,new vegas and skyrim were the only two games that kept me away from any form of a racing game,and i believe fallout 4 is gonna do the exact same thing to me,i nearly cried when they confirmed it lol

o Mike V o
10-06-2015, 17:49
I have been playing a lot of new vegas on my laptop lately, even after owning it on 360 and I'm still finding new things in that game, same with Fallout 3. Now I just need some mods.

OrenIshii BE
17-06-2015, 07:05
Why does everyone like Fallout?

thats why:
http://cdn1-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2015/06/Fallout4_PIPBoy_Edition_ESRB_1434323636.jpg

Can't wait for fallout 4,
from what i've seen so far it will be epic again.

Just to be able to build your own settlement and defend that looks briliant.
And those weapons mods, waw!!!
I'm afraid i'll have to put pCars aside for a long time to finish this game.

agentbeef
19-06-2015, 16:53
I first picked up fallout3 goty for 15 quid and got nearly 3 hundred hours play time from it. paid full price for new vegas and loved that to death even went back for the originals which were ace when the new one comes it'll be six months before I look up for anything else cannot wait.

jgaganas
19-06-2015, 17:22
Thanks for talking me into... just picked up "New Vegas Ultimate" on steam sales :P

Loved 3, but hated the ending...

Baron_Greenback
19-06-2015, 17:45
I don't like Fallout. I don't like sci-fi for that matter. Science fiction is an oxymoron. Fictional science is for climate change 'experts'.

Invincible
19-06-2015, 19:52
Thanks for talking me into... just picked up "New Vegas Ultimate" on steam sales :P

Loved 3, but hated the ending...

I got the New Vegas Ultimate today too. For 6,79 € :D I already had owned the phyiscal version, but the DVD got lost during my move.

apexatspeed
19-06-2015, 22:06
Fictional science is for climate change 'experts'.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1779361/21155d1375921450-joel-lanning-jaguars-fan.gif

UMadBro
23-06-2015, 06:02
Gosh, the crafting for Fallout 4 has gotten me SUPER HYPED!

o Mike V o
23-06-2015, 15:23
Been playing a lot of New Vegas

Anti-Material Rifle with explosive rounds ftw!

Bealdor
08-09-2015, 08:24
Woohoo! Fallout 4 will be UNCUT in Germany! :cool:

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/fallout-4/news/fallout_4,44673,3236008.html (German link only, sorry)

sc7ravine
11-09-2015, 02:47
um...no doubt its a brilliant game,but i still prefer browser game.kind like Go Ninja (http://www.risengame.com/)...

cluck
12-09-2015, 09:49
I couldn't stand it myself but I've never been a big fan of RPG or adventure games. It's one of the very few games that I downloaded a trainer for, just so that I could finish it without dying of terminal boredom. But this world would be an exceptionally boring place if we all liked the same thing, so it's a good thing that different games exist to cater for almost all of us :).

MillsLayne
12-11-2015, 22:50
Anyone else play Fallout 4 yet? It's effing amazing.

noobkill
13-11-2015, 01:00
To all the people in pcars steam chat:
I really like Fallout 4 :/

centurian
13-11-2015, 02:00
Played it for about 3 hours and then deleted it.
Glad I managed to buy it cheap.

LogRoad
13-11-2015, 06:04
Not a racing game, is it? Guess I'll have to check Wikipedia - just as a nod toward a well-rounded profile.

SUBGTRACER
13-11-2015, 06:29
Fall out 3 was a awesome gaming experience , Loved the open world and the crafting side of things , exploration , story , everything :)

Will pick up Fall out 4 this weekend .

Invincible
13-11-2015, 06:57
I already have it since release - managed to put around 13 hrs into it by now. And to me, it is AWESOME!

Yes, it has some (minor) bugs and glitches and the controls suck due to bad console port, but everything else, the weapons, the atmosphere, the lighting... it just feels good to be back home in the nuclear wasteland.

TheReaper GT
13-11-2015, 07:03
Same here, some minor glitches, several deaths and a lot of fun.

Invincible
13-11-2015, 07:12
Same here, some minor glitches, several deaths and a lot of fun.

That moment when you wander through the wastelands and encounter your first random Deathclaw at lvl 5... don't even try to fight it. Run.

TheReaper GT
13-11-2015, 07:16
That moment when you wander through the wastelands and encounter your first random Deathclaw at lvl 15... don't even try to fight it. Run.
Duly noted... Running already... Hahaha

Bealdor
13-11-2015, 08:39
Well, I'm addicted just a much as I was with FO3.

They managed to build in many improvements like the weapon modding (my favourite new feature by far) or the better shooting mechanics.
The graphics are much better too, especially the view/draw distance.
For the first time I don't feel the urge to instantly increase the ugridstoload value.
The perk system is great and I'm not really missing the skill system at all.

The game has its downsides though:

- Although you have the freedom to go anywhere whenever you want, the number of ways to complete quest is severely limited. This was much better in FO3.
- No karma system...
- The dialog system was unnecessarily simplyfied
- The controls of the PC version, especially the UI and mouse movement, are a disaster. And I'm not exaggerating.

Seriously, everyone who says the PCARS UI or pit menus are bad should try to play FO4 with mouse and keyboard.
I made some ini tweaks to improve the mouse movement and to smooth the framerate but the interface is straight out of console hell.

Apart from that I'm totally in love with it and will probably put hundreds of hours in it (again :cool:).

Invincible
13-11-2015, 09:49
The UI in the menue isn't a problem for me. Neither is the mouse movement. But the construction controls for building stuff is a complete mess!

Another thing that bums me out is that you cannot remove weapon mods to use them for another weapon. You have to replace it and waste valuable resources on the standard parts.
And that you cannot have two companions anymore... I don't want to leave Dogmeat behind! His whining is so miserably when I leave him. :(

Bealdor
13-11-2015, 10:12
The UI in the menue isn't a problem for me. Neither is the mouse movement. But the construction controls for building stuff is a complete mess!

Another thing that bums me out is that you cannot remove weapon mods to use them for another weapon. You have to replace it and waste valuable resources on the standard parts.
And that you cannot have two companions anymore... I don't want to leave Dogmeat behind! His whining is so miserably when I leave him. :(

Yeah, that's what I meant with UI. The settlement building and the crafting/inventory is awful.

Another thing that bums me out is that you cannot remove weapon mods to use them for another weapon.

Personally I think it's more realistic this way. Also if you could swap mods between weapon types you'd only have to build them once and be done with it, which would be quite lame IMO.

Take the dog with you, get the lone wanderer perk and forget about the other companions. Problem solved. ;)

Invincible
13-11-2015, 10:16
Personally I think it's more realistic this way. Also if you could swap mods between weapon types you'd only have to build them once and be done with it, which would be quite lame IMO.

No, I don't want to swap them between different weapon types. But when I have two combat shotguns for example, one with a large mag and the other with glow sights and a muzzle brake, I cannot disassemble the one with large mag and use the large mag for the other one. Which would be more realistic imo.

But I agree with you, if you could swap them between diff. weapon types, that would be unrealistic and lame.

chig88
13-11-2015, 10:28
Never had an interest in Fallout (still don't really), but I might get this one just for the dog :D

Bealdor
13-11-2015, 10:33
No, I don't want to swap them between different weapon types. But when I have two combat shotguns for example, one with a large mag and the other with glow sights and a muzzle brake, I cannot disassemble the one with large mag and use the large mag for the other one. Which would be more realistic imo.

But I agree with you, if you could swap them between diff. weapon types, that would be unrealistic and lame.

I haven't tried it but from what I've read this should be possible but only if it's the exact same base weapon.

Edit: Some great tips can be found here (https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3shl9i/fallout_4_tips_everyone_should_know/)

General

Sell Fusion Cores to traders before they run out, you will get much more for a partially charged core, over an empty core.
Pickpocket enemies with power armor to steal their Fusion Cores, this will cause them to leave the armor, and you can steal the frame
The Lone Wanderer perk still provides bonuses with Dog Meat as a companion
When Leaving your power armor remove the Fusion Core so no one will decide to use it.
When hacking look for [],(), <>,and {} with anything in between the brackets, clicking the leftmost bracket will reset your attempts to give you more tries, or remove dud words from the list.
Try to always carry a weapon of each ammo type, that way you are less likely to be completely out of ammo.
Some companions can pick locks and hack terminals for you.
You can tag specific crafting materials by going into your junk section in your inventory, and switch to material view.
There is no level cap. Don't fret about spending perk points. The game's enemies don't scale with you, but they do get harder farther from the start, and the farthest away points of the map have level 50 enemies. There's no shortage of things to take down and no shortage of points to get strong enough to do it.
To force a companion to equip, or apparel switch to their inventory in the trade menu, and a button will show up to have the npc equip the item. ( "T" for PC, "Y" for Xbox, "Triangle" for PS4)
For Power Armor: sprinting, strong melee attacks and VATs drain your Fusion Core faster than walking or standing still.
Fast Travel in Power Armor doesn't use and Fusion Core battery, and you can still fast travel with no charge in the core.
You can zoom in on the pip boy by right clicking.

Crafting

You do not need to break down junk items to get components by hand the game will do it for you if the junk items are stored in your settlement workbench or inventory. Extra resources will be deposited in your settlement workbench.(It may take some time to appear)
You can grow your own adhesive by cooking Vegetable Starch with Corn, Tato, Muttfruit, and Purified Water.
When naming weapons, put a hyphen or space at the beginning of the name (EX: -gun name), and those weapons will default to the top of the list in your pip-boy.(Thanks: CromeDaBeast)
If you look at the Junk section of your inventory you can switch to a list of all the components your junk breaks down into (with C on PC). In that list you can set or remove a search tag.
When you upgrade a weapon, the current mod will be placed in your inventory. If you transfer all mods to your workbench, if you put that upgrade on another weapon, it will use the mod before crafting a new one.
You can salvage weapon sights by modifying the weapon with the no sights attachment, which costs no resources to make.
If a gun/armour has a mod you can't build, you can still swap the mod out and install it on another weapon.

Settlements

When building settlements you can raise and lower objects by holding E and using scroll wheel on PC, X and L1/R1 on PS4
When building your first settlement use E to move the initial workbenches instead of scrapping them.
You can remove the radiation from Starlight Drive by scrapping the barrels in the center, and the Unrusted Crashed Car.
Water pumps, farms, and traders deposit the Items and Caps they produce into the workbench.
To help place objects in hard places use a small rug then place the object on the rug, pick up the rug and the item will remain attached but the game uses the rugs collision detection.(This allows you to clip objects into walls!)
To assign settlers select them in the crafting screen then select the object you want them to work
Settlers can work up to 6 Food at a time. Meaning a settler can tend to 12 plants that produce .5 food each.
To reduce raider attacks make sure your defense state is higher than food + water.
Highlighting a settler in workshop mode will also highlight anything he's assigned to.
Fast Travel in between settlements will instantly grow all crops that have a settler assigned to them.
When your selecting something through the workshop build interface if you press and hold the move command(Press and hold [E]) this will pickup all items attached(or very close) to the object you are picking up. (Be careful as if your walls are all attached you can pickup very large parts of your settlement!)

Invincible
13-11-2015, 10:44
I haven't tried it but from what I've read this should be possible but only if it's the exact same base weapon.

Yes and no. You can actually swap them out BUT if want to take sights C from weapon A to weapon B, you have to BUILD sights A for weapon A first, then swap the sights and after that swap the sights on weapon B. You will end up with sights A from weapon B in your stock.

Bealdor
13-11-2015, 10:49
Yes and no. You can actually swap them out BUT if want to take sights C from weapon A to weapon B, you have to BUILD sights A for weapon A first, then swap the sights and after that swap the sights on weapon B. You will end up with sights A from weapon B in you stock.

Yes because it's technically not possible to have a weapon without a sight (even the standard one) at all.
The only other option would be to instaswap both sights but this could be an engine limitation (this engine has a lot unfortunately).

Invincible
13-11-2015, 10:53
Yes because it's technically not possible to have a weapon without a sight (even the standard one) at all.
The only other option would be to instaswap both sights but this could be an engine limitation (this engine has a lot unfortunately).

Best option for me would be if you could choose to "scrap" a weapon or armor into their mods. So you don't receive the steel, wood, screws or whatever but every mod that is NOT standard.

Bealdor
13-11-2015, 10:55
Best option for me would be if you could choose to "scrap" a weapon or armor into their mods. So you don't receive the steel, wood, screws or whatever but every mod that is NOT standard.

And now we're back at what I said earlier:

The settlement building and the crafting/inventory is awful.

I rest my case. :cool:

chig88
13-11-2015, 11:13
Am I right in thinking that this is a bit like Borderlands then? Searching for loot, cartoonish graphics etc?

Swinnyjr
13-11-2015, 11:14
So. I've just found this thread.
This might be the first time since teusday I've turned the PS4 off and done something else other than play fallout or sleep...
I'm loving being able to name you're own weapons now. I have a scoped hunting rifle named Boone's Revenge. ;)

However the game could really have done with the old reloading benches from New Vegas as I have too many .38 rounds but desperately need shotgun shells and .45 rounds...

Swinnyjr
13-11-2015, 11:15
Am I right in thinking that this is a bit like Borderlands then? Searching for loot, cartoonish graphics etc?

Not cartoonish and theres more a struggle for survival in Fallout which there isn't at all in Borderlands

chig88
13-11-2015, 11:17
Not cartoonish and theres more a struggle for survival in Fallout which there isn't at all in Borderlands

Hmm. Might be worth a buy then.

I hated Borderlands with a passion so if it's different to that it's off on the right foot.

Invincible
13-11-2015, 13:24
Hmm. Might be worth a buy then.

I hated Borderlands with a passion so if it's different to that it's off on the right foot.

I didn't play Borderlands, but I love Fallout. It has just the right atmosphere. Whether you get surprised by some feral ghouls in a subway tunnel, or encounter a deathclaw during darkest night... you might crap your pants. On the other hand, you will sometimes find some unexpected, beautiful places somewhere in the wasteland. If you like end-time stuff and rpg's - I think it's the right thing for you.

Bealdor
13-11-2015, 13:36
Don't get me started on feral ghouls mate! They're terrifyingly quick and can hide under cars or come through windows now!
I almost woke up my little son last night when I got scared to hell by a ghoul giving me a surprise hit from behind... in the dark.

Invincible
13-11-2015, 13:44
Don't get me started on feral ghouls mate! They're terrifyingly quick and can hide under cars or come through windows now!
I almost woke up my little son last night when I got scared to hell by a ghoul giving me a surprise hit from behind... in the dark.

*laugh* same happened to me! I found a small 1-room shack in the woods and cleared it of some ferals. When I was inside and looked for some junk, I heard some fast steps... I thought "Better take a look whats outside..." I turned around and in that exact moment a glowing feral was screamingly jumping into my face! I made a jump and knocked over my chair...

beetes_juice
13-11-2015, 13:54
Only game to take PC off the xbox for more then 3 days.

Seriously one of the most engaging games I've played. The opening hour when everything is all hunky dory and then....... ah just go out and buy it!!

Side Note: I recommend to anyone playing: Turn off the subtitles. Small little change but does a lot for the game.

TheReaper GT
13-11-2015, 15:24

those #uckers jump like cangooroos now, direct to your neck. It's a jump scare every single time... Good I got the laser assault rifle from the big brotherhood of steel guy, that thing is effective :D:D

MillsLayne
13-11-2015, 23:40

If you haven't already, just wait until you come across a Reaver or Glowing One. Ugh, they're fast, terrifying and will kill you in seconds. Aim for the legs!

blacknred81
14-11-2015, 06:09
The moment you are close to killing a deathclaw, then it grabs you.....

TheReaper GT
14-11-2015, 06:12
If you haven't already, just wait until you come across a Reaver or Glowing One. Ugh, they're fast, terrifying and will kill you in seconds. Aim for the legs!

I've got one of those glowing ones in the subway, scared the hell out of me... It now rests in a pile of ashes..

PTG Baby Cow
16-11-2015, 16:16
I didn't play Borderlands, but I love Fallout. It has just the right atmosphere. Whether you get surprised by some feral ghouls in a subway tunnel, or encounter a deathclaw during darkest night... you might crap your pants. On the other hand, you will sometimes find some unexpected, beautiful places somewhere in the wasteland. If you like end-time stuff and rpg's - I think it's the right thing for you.

I agree with the randomly awesome and beautiful places in a wasteland. I am loving how the game takes place in my home state and I was really surprised to see what diamond city was.

TheReaper GT
16-11-2015, 16:20
I agree with the randomly awesome and beautiful places in a wasteland. I am loving how the game takes place in my home state and I was really surprised to see what diamond city was.

I'm a big Boston lover... One day I wanna live in Massachusetts. And the fact that the games is located there makes me wanna play more and more. One thing that really gets me is when I'm walking in the direction of a quest and a sound or the glimpse of something at the side of the road pulls you in that direction and you discover a new area, it's awesome.

Micas
16-11-2015, 16:59
I've been playing The Witcher 3 lately and after not caring much for it at the start, it's sort of grown on me. I just wish there was some puzzle solving to it. All the quests are the 'go here and kill that' type. RPGs used to require some thinking. Is FO4 completely lacking in thinking as well? I might give it a try once they've patched some of the problems I've been reading about (key mapping, CTDs, etc.). I also despise crafting. It's boring and a waste of time. I got through the base game of TW3 doing none at all and just upgrading from drops.

Read yesterday that there is a room in FO3 (PC version) that contains every item in the game. It would be tempting to get in there and cheese the game.

FLX81
16-11-2015, 17:50

I killed a legendary glowing ghoul the other day at Cambridge Crater, he had a whole posse of ghoul runners with him. Luckily I had Codsworth with me, so he sawzalled a bunch of em and some others died or got heavy damage when they ran in some nearby house with lots of traps while I hid in an elevated place they couldnt reach. Was hard as hell anyway and I was like "oh shit oh shit oh shit" the whole time. Those glowing mofos definitely got much harder since FO3.

Loving every minute of the game so far, the five year wait was definitely worth it. Only game where you can marvel at beautiful foggy morning light at the ocean shores and terrifying irradiation storms. FO3 had the best setting and athmosphere in any game ever imho, but FO4 might knock it off the throne.

TheReaper GT
16-11-2015, 18:13
Two words for you guys: Fusion Mass :D

PTG Baby Cow
16-11-2015, 19:14
I've been playing The Witcher 3 lately and after not caring much for it at the start, it's sort of grown on me. I just wish there was some puzzle solving to it. All the quests are the 'go here and kill that' type. RPGs used to require some thinking. Is FO4 completely lacking in thinking as well? I might give it a try once they've patched some of the problems I've been reading about (key mapping, CTDs, etc.). I also despise crafting. It's boring and a waste of time. I got through the base game of TW3 doing none at all and just upgrading from drops.

Read yesterday that there is a room in FO3 (PC version) that contains every item in the game. It would be tempting to get in there and cheese the game.

From my experience for the most part its a lot of go here and get this, or go here and kill such and such. I am sure there is a bit more to it later but not sure how many other mission styles you can have in these type of games. You are basically a fetcher/mercenary. I havent played a ton of these games but thats what most of them i have played are.

TheReaper GT
17-11-2015, 02:10
A little tip for Terminal Hacking... Try to find a perfect set of brackes, no matter the type ({[, if you find a section that opens and closes, select it to have a better chance in that terminal. Sometimes it removes dud words or reset the tries :D

MillsLayne
17-11-2015, 04:42
^And if you have one try left, just exit out of the terminal and go back in. You'll have four fresh tries and won't get locked out!

TheReaper GT
17-11-2015, 04:47
^And if you have one try left, just exit out of the terminal and go back in. You'll have four fresh tries and won't get locked out!

That or just four or five steps away and back. The good thing on the bracket thing is that the words do not reset. When you leave the terminal and go back, they reset.

MillsLayne
17-11-2015, 04:51
That our just four or five steps away and back. The good thing on the bracket thing is that the words do not reset. When you leave the terminal and go back, they reset.

True. Either way works.

Bealdor
17-11-2015, 06:31

Or don't care about it because you're only locked out for 10 seconds anyway. ;)

Micas
18-11-2015, 03:51
Figured I'd give it a shot so bought it. Right off the bat, I can't set my monitor's native resolution (had to hunt it down in the ini), and forget DSR. SLI doesn't work. Massive input lag.. graphics look like crap to me (circa 2010).. forces windowed mode. Ugh.. pretty sure I'm going to request a refund on steam.

Invincible
18-11-2015, 06:01
SLI can be forced via Nvidia inspector. It should work fine for your Maxwell Gpu. My Kepler ones don't unfortunately.
Also, native SLI support is something to be done by Nvidia. The current driver (358.91) already HAS Sli support for Fallout 4, but Nvidia screwed it up so it won't work right of the bat.

Windowed mode isn't forced. I never started in windowed once. Also, it is an rpg, it isn't about the graphics.

MillsLayne
18-11-2015, 06:18
I randomly triggered a giant Mirelurk Queen in some beach town on the eastern part of the map. A very time-consuming battle ensued as I had to hole up in a building (luckily, with a second-story ledge) as this one spits acid and spawns hatchlings. I kept VATS-killing the hatchlings to build up my critical meter to use on the queen. Not much in the way of a reward for beating her, either.

TheReaper GT
18-11-2015, 06:21
I randomly triggered a giant Mirelurk Queen in some beach town on the eastern part of the map. A very time-consuming battle ensued as I had to hole up in a building (luckily, with a second-story ledge) as this one spits acid and spawns hatchlings. I kept VATS-killing the hatchlings to build up my critical meter to use on the queen. Not much in the way of a reward for beating her, either.

Found one covered in barbwire, had to put 4 rockets in this sucker.

Invincible
18-11-2015, 06:44
*attention spoiler!*
I only had the one where you're going to retake the castle for the Minutemen. I had to use a fair amount of stimpacks and blew my whole stock of .50cal ammunition into that sucker.

TheReaper GT
18-11-2015, 06:48
*attention spoiler!*
I only had the one where you're going to retake the castle for the Minutemen. I had to use a fair amount of stimpacks and blew my whole stock of .50cal ammunition into that sucker.

Nuka granades are very effective against them, but somehow I found it a waste. I keep thinking some huge beast is gonna come up and I'll need them...

Invincible
18-11-2015, 06:57
Nuka granades are very effective against them, but somehow I found it a waste of it. I keep thinking some huge beast is gonna come up and I'll need them...

Hoarding.... hoarding never changes.

MillsLayne
18-11-2015, 09:25
Nuka granades are very effective against them, but somehow I found it a waste. I keep thinking some huge beast is gonna come up and I'll need them...

I guess there are other "boss" version Mirelurks, among other giant things appearing throughout the Commonwealth, like a giant Super Mutant. Won't be the first time we've seen them, but I guess the way it appears is a surprise. Yay. Can't wait... haha

And I'm doing the same thing. Hoarding mini nukes, missiles, grenades, mines, stimpacks, power suits, anything I can get.

konnos
18-11-2015, 09:47
Seriously, I am picking up EVERYTHING! I can't stop myself... I ve spent like 2/5s of my play time gathering resources and building 4-5 bases.

Invincible
18-11-2015, 10:10
Seriously, I am picking up EVERYTHING! I can't stop myself... I've spent like 2/5s of my play time gathering resources and building 4-5 bases.

Sounds very familiar... although I am always looking for: Aluminium, circuitry, copper, adhesives and gears... These are the resources I am notoriously low on.

konnos
18-11-2015, 12:25
And screws for guns, adhesive too. I have tons of wood and steel so if i m short on weight i drop something that is out of Steel. Oh and if you read this early in the game, modify your clothes to have pockets. The mod is called "pocketed" quite obviously :P

TheReaper GT
18-11-2015, 13:52
A lot of people said they are in trouble finding adhesive, i have a ton of it in a trunk. I always use the tag for search function, it helps a lot. Now I wanna connect my workbenches to maximize efficiency :D

Micas
18-11-2015, 21:36
A lot of people said they are in trouble finding adhesive,

I have a feeling that if some studio set out to make the most annoying RPG possible, it would sell millions of copies.

Bealdor
18-11-2015, 22:45
Figured I'd give it a shot so bought it. Right off the bat, I can't set my monitor's native resolution (had to hunt it down in the ini), and forget DSR. SLI doesn't work. Massive input lag.. graphics look like crap to me (circa 2010).. forces windowed mode. Ugh.. pretty sure I'm going to request a refund on steam.

Check out this Steam guide before going for a refund: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551069501

Micas
19-11-2015, 00:14
Already did the refund. Maybe I'll give it a go after a few patches. Thing is, I'm not sure I'm even patient enough to play modern RPGs. I CBF worrying about whether I'll need some piece of sandpaper I find in a locker later in the game. If playing a game feels like work (stressful), then I can't play it. I work all day long and don't need to spend 4 hours in the evening at a crafting table. In the last half of The Witcher 3, I found myself mashing the space bar to get through the massive amount of lame dialog. You end up picking the 'good guy' or 'asshole' response to everything anyway.

I also don't buy the argument that graphics don't matter in an RPG. A crappy console port is still crappy. There's no reason but laziness or money not to keep the engine and textures up to modern standards while making it scaleable. During pCARS development, everyone was anal about the quality of the graphics so SMS made it scaleable from console to high-end-PC crushing, and it was all the better for it.

I'm sort of tempted to try Metal Gear Solid V as a more straightforward shooter. I really find it hard to believe that I can't find a game I like now. First time in my life really. Guess I could just turn laps in pCARS. Less stress.

-ed Looked at that tweak guide for FO4. Any game that needs that on release is a giant pile of crap.

SUBGTRACER
19-11-2015, 00:19
Metal Gear Solid V is a good game if not a little repetitive .

Cheesenium
19-11-2015, 05:52
I admit I do regret getting Fallout 4. It felt like a chore with settlement building, crafting and the really terrible UI had turned me off. I miss the exploration that was in Skyrim while I feel like driving a road car on Nords or coop in SC2 more appealing than finding gears and random parts to upgrade my guns in Fallout 4. The visuals isnt that pretty, my main problem with that is, the frame rates are all over the place despite fairly dated visuals.

I guess my fatigue with open world games still havent gone any lesser. Probably even CoD Bo3 would be a better choice for me than FO4. There are times I am jealous of console gamers could sell their games at EB or Gamestop after they are tired of a game.

SUBGTRACER
19-11-2015, 05:58
Swap it within 7 days if you don't like it at EB

Cheesenium
19-11-2015, 08:23
Swap it within 7 days if you don't like it at EB

I am playing on PC, bought it via Steam and played more than 2 hours.

No refunds and here's another game that I didnt like on my Steam game list.

konnos
19-11-2015, 17:13
Well I guess not all games are for everyone, however much acclaim they might have. For me, Fallout 4 is amazing, it rewards exploring, but not by a lot, but you feel you are discovering things. The combat is not like CoD etc so that's great, lots of mods for weapons, mines, bazookas. I especially like the settlement building, it makes my scavenging feel worthwhile when you can build everything. I only wish it was easier to align walls with the existing concrete slabs, not it's hit and miss. I am an architect in real life, so it is quite nice to make some decent homes for these people ;D

But I understand your need for thoughtless slaughter and progression, my dyslexic friend has no patience to pour a lot of attention into such slow games too. However you can just stick to the main quest and not explore everything, modding or making settlements is not a necessity to progress in the game.

Liquid7394
19-11-2015, 17:22
Sounds very familiar... although I am always looking for: Aluminium, circuitry, copper, adhesives and gears... These are the resources I am notoriously low on.
Adhesive can be crafted.

konnos
19-11-2015, 17:59
I can't craft it yet, i m level 17, maybe at higher levels or with a perk. But i have plenty of it so far.

Ryno917
19-11-2015, 18:16
Well I guess not all games are for everyone, however much acclaim they might have. For me, Fallout 4 is amazing, it rewards exploring, but not by a lot, but you feel you are discovering things. The combat is not like CoD etc so that's great, lots of mods for weapons, mines, bazookas. I especially like the settlement building, it makes my scavenging feel worthwhile when you can build everything. I only wish it was easier to align walls with the existing concrete slabs, not it's hit and miss. I am an architect in real life, so it is quite nice to make some decent homes for these people ;D

But I understand your need for thoughtless slaughter and progression, my dyslexic friend has no patience to pour a lot of attention into such slow games too. However you can just stick to the main quest and not explore everything, modding or making settlements is not a necessity to progress in the game.

That's really the main thing - not all games are for everyone. Not liking a game doesn't make it crap, just means it's not to a person's tastes. And that's fine!

Glaring glitches, though, that does make a game crap. I haven't picked it up, yet, but by the sounds of things FO4 isn't nearly as bad as their previous titles at launch as far as the glitches go. So, that's a plus. As for the graphics - from what I'm seeing, it's adequate. I don't need cutting-edge graphics, but I want something passible and FO4 looks good enough for me.

How in depth is the weapon customization, though? Is it just like 2-3 barrel options per gun, or is it larger than that? It sounds to me like there's basically something like 4 chassis, and then 2-4 variants of each different piece (stock, barrel, accessory, etc) which doesn't provide as much freedom as I'd like. What about 'skins' or colours? That being said, getting it on PC means it'll be fully moddable like their other titles, so maybe it's not an issue anyways.

Bealdor
19-11-2015, 18:21
Glaring glitches, though, that does make a game crap. I haven't picked it up, yet, but by the sounds of things FO4 isn't nearly as bad as their previous titles at launch as far as the glitches go. So, that's a plus. As for the graphics - from what I'm seeing, it's adequate. I don't need cutting-edge graphics, but I want something passible and FO4 looks good enough for me.

It'S definitely much better than Skyrim or FO3 in that regard.

How in depth is the weapon customization, though? Is it just like 2-3 barrel options per gun, or is it larger than that? It sounds to me like there's basically something like 4 chassis, and then 2-4 variants of each different piece (stock, barrel, accessory, etc) which doesn't provide as much freedom as I'd like. What about 'skins' or colours? That being said, getting it on PC means it'll be fully moddable like their other titles, so maybe it's not an issue anyways.

I'd say it's decent. Depending on the weapon type there are 4-6 parts moddable with 3-10(?) exchange parts available. It connected to different perks for different weapon types.
Armor modding is also available and you can paint your power armor which gives you different bonuses.

konnos
19-11-2015, 18:36
Yes it is moddable, they are starting to make a few by now. For the weapons, it depends on the type of weapon. Guns have 3 to 6 areas to alter and so do rifles. And each slot can take up to 8 or even more variations. Usually it's for lighter weight, less recoil, more damage, auto mode, more accurate, bayonet, more ammo, less reload time and other such things. And for clothing too, leather, metal, synthetic and even mods for the power armour you can wear.

The graphics are pretty good, but they suffer sometimes from muddy textures, like it hasn't loaded the high-res texture for the closer range. It's pretty heavy on the hardware mind you, because most of the game takes place in open space and there's a lot of detail. I can't complain, it's nice, it could be better of course (that's where people are complaining about the console port) but even if it was better, I couldn't run it that well. Needs more optimization.

blacknred81
22-11-2015, 09:47
Even in the post apocalyptic world, people still try to go to space......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7dKwrx1i4c&feature=youtu.be

TheReaper GT
23-11-2015, 03:59
Guys,little spoiler, select to read the Silver Shroud quest is a pain in the ass but if you keep Ken alive you got a awesome armor with free upgrades :D

Swinnyjr
17-12-2015, 12:47
So, don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I think there might be a fallout reference in PCars.
In the classic Nascar lot, Car #30, on the Decklid is a sponsor named (If I remember rightly), Nukeade, written in the Nuka-Cola font with the atomic symbol behind it.

MillsLayne
18-12-2015, 03:27
So, don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I think there might be a fallout reference in PCars.
In the classic Nascar lot, Car #30, on the Decklid is a sponsor named (If I remember rightly), Nukeade, written in the Nuka-Cola font with the atomic symbol behind it.

Nice! I'm going to look for that.

Has anyone found a Glowing Deathclaw on the roof of one of the buildings in the Boston area yet? I accidentally stumbled upon that and then promptly died.

TheReaper GT
18-12-2015, 03:36

Has anyone found a Glowing Deathclaw on the roof of one of the buildings in the Boston area yet? I accidentally stumbled upon that and then promptly died.

The green one? Fatmaned it's ass :D

FLX81
18-12-2015, 09:29
I found a legendary glowing Deathclaw south of the mayoral hideout. Luckily, it was fighting with the behemoth I was there to kill, so the behemoth was at half its health already and about 10 rockets later the Deathclaw was a goner as well. And that brought me the "harder they fall" trophy too. :D

konnos
18-12-2015, 11:43

Yeah that one scared the crap out of me. I dropped from the bridge above the building. I had look carefully around to make sure nothing in waiting for me. And then that f#cker jumps at me and i ran for my life on top of a little ventilation shaft near the stairs. God that was terrifying. The way they start running at you...

blacknred81
19-12-2015, 06:32
Then there is me, who made friends with one......

Swinnyjr
19-12-2015, 07:48

A glowing Deathclaw?
Well Eff me.

Swinnyjr
19-12-2015, 07:50
Quick question, but does anyone name their weapons? Just to give them a bit of flavour?
So far I have:
Boone's Revenge - Scoped hunting rifle
Feral's Bane - Combat rifle with Bayonet
The Terrible Shotgun - Combat shotgun that does explosive damage, I keep crippling my own limbs with this at point blank range
Goop-a-Tron 3000 - Plasma rifle with sniper barrel that causes targets to frenzy.

Anyone got any good ones?

d4ninho
19-12-2015, 14:05
love fallout 4 but sadly im done, level 60 something completed game and pretty much been everywhere on map, built a place to call my own and now just wander the land shooting anything and everything i find.

roll on the DLC.

Sir Quacky
21-12-2015, 08:19
love fallout 4 but sadly im done, level 60 something completed game and pretty much been everywhere on map, built a place to call my own and now just wander the land shooting anything and everything i find.

roll on the DLC.

No, roll out the GECK!

chig88
21-12-2015, 11:56
Quick question, but does anyone name their weapons? Just to give them a bit of flavour?
So far I have:
Boone's Revenge - Scoped hunting rifle
Feral's Bane - Combat rifle with Bayonet
The Terrible Shotgun - Combat shotgun that does explosive damage, I keep crippling my own limbs with this at point blank range
Goop-a-Tron 3000 - Plasma rifle with sniper barrel that causes targets to frenzy.

Anyone got any good ones?

Haha - I need to start naming some of mine. Did have a crappy pipe pistol at the start that I'd named 'The Hillbilly', but he went to scrap :).

Swinnyjr
21-12-2015, 17:26
I forgot to add my Gauss rifle to that list:
Wundergaffe DG-2. (A moderately obscure reference!)

Sasquatch
21-12-2015, 17:32
A glowing Deathclaw?
Well Eff me.

The Glowing one doesn't scare me, the Chameleon Deathclaw mentioned in one of the loading screens very much does, and i've been paranoid wondering the wasteland ever since I read that. :eek:

TheReaper GT
21-12-2015, 17:43
The Glowing one doesn't scare me, the Chameleon Deathclaw mentioned in one of the loading screens very much does, and i've been paranoid wondering the wasteland ever since I read that. :eek:

I have my companion carrying a fatman, just in case :D

Sir Quacky
22-12-2015, 09:14
I have my companion carrying a fatman, just in case :D

I modded two of my favorite weapons, , a sword that had those little fire things to give the enemy a burn and a gun which often killed many in just one shot.

chig88
22-12-2015, 09:36
Not too far into the game so my weapons still suck mostly (do have the Minigun & the Fatman, but haven't got enough ammo for them yet), but decided to go through & name some last night:

Dr. Steelhammer - tactical 10mm pistol
Dr. Ironfist - automatic 10mm pistol
The Personal Touch - long double barrel shotgun
Old School - hardened sniper rifle
Redneck Rifle - night vision pipe sniper
Last Resort - machete

Invincible
22-12-2015, 10:22

Spoiler: You'll find that one in the witch museum.

Swinnyjr
26-12-2015, 13:24
So I finished the story last night.
All I'll say is I did it siding with the Institute.

Anyone else on the Institute side?

Kevin Brown
02-01-2016, 05:23
Yes i did but might play it again and stay with the brotherhood

RobMUFC1987
11-01-2016, 17:07
So I finished the story last night.
All I'll say is I did it siding with the Institute.

Anyone else on the Institute side?

My 1st story completion was the Institute. I thought the last 3 or 4 hours of the story were terrible. Hopefully the other endings are better.

maxpainpayne
12-01-2016, 08:28
fallout 4 was nice game, but loading screens were tiresome and the graphics in some areas seemed a bit dated. This did not look well for next gen ps4 console. although people may disagree that graphics should not matter in fallout, I feel that fallout3 and Vegas was on par with comparable games on last gen; but try comparing those type of graphics against games like Last of Us Remastered, wicher3, farcry4, gta5 and battlefront (gtfo fallout4) fallout4 graphics are way below par. Bethesta should have improved graphics to look current for this game. We were told by the game developers of last gen that in order to improve graphics and gameplay we need better hardware. Guess what now, we upgraded our hardware but they still want to sell us games with dated graphics and constant loading screens?

edit: i will explain my graphics complaint in fallout 4. while in open world roaming around, graphics look on par; but as soon as you talk to someone the world around and characters start looking geometric or n64 quality, or eyes are not fully in socket of a characters face, yuck!!! fix those cheesy graphics next time.

loading time: entering doors or taking elevators takes about a full minute to complete loading each effing time. this is sickining that they still do this to us.

If they didn't bring those bad dated graphics and long loading screens to consoles they probably would have won against Wicher3 for GOTY. I know some PC gamers are not having much problems in the graphics and loading for fallout4 but other games have proven to work well on consoles, no excuses Bethesta; but still, a great game.