PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Drive Force GT Wheel

pinkonastick
05-06-2015, 09:12
Hi all,

I see there is setup guides for the G25/27 wheel, is there one for the DFGT as well and if not, can anyone give me some pointers and tips on the best possible setup?
I've tried different settings, for example the the Ford Focus which work to a certain degree, but I'm battling to have it setup optimally.

I'm referring to the PC version.

Thank you.

Sanuck
05-06-2015, 09:24
It would be nice if we could have a sticky for this and other wheels, in each platform forum.
I to am struggling on the pc with the DFGT.

Thanks

Invincible
05-06-2015, 09:30
I have a DFGT too, and I didn't bother fiddling with these setups. I just installed the Jack Spade FFB (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files) and I am totally happy with it.

( I just have to figure out to DECREASE Curb-Rumble significantly - it just annoys me, because my wheel makes effing loud noises then)

pinkonastick
05-06-2015, 09:32
May I ask what the Jack Spade FFB is and how it works?
I'm new to all of this..

Invincible
05-06-2015, 09:34
May I ask what the Jack Spade FFB is and how it works?
I'm new to all of this..

It is a set of files which will override the FFB-Settings for each car, so you don't have to deal with them anymore. Just unzip the folder and put the files you want into the game directory.

From Jack-Spade's thread:

The posting contains 4 different sets of files.
Inside a folder called "FFB". This folder must go in > C/Users/User Name/My Documents/Project CARS .....Note, only one FFB folder at a time.

pinkonastick
05-06-2015, 09:35
Awsome, but in a way does that not take away the whole idea of the game where you have to customize each vehicle manually?

Sanuck
05-06-2015, 09:37
Which set of Jacks did you use ?
I tried one and found it too weak.

Thanks

pinkonastick
05-06-2015, 09:40
I'll give this a go on the weekend..
I'm torn between playing GTA V PC & PCars...
It's weird, because you get bored in GTA and then move to Pcars and vice versa although they are 2 different games but sometimes you think the cars drive better in GTA..

Invincible
05-06-2015, 10:04
Which set of Jacks did you use ?
I tried one and found it too weak.

Thanks
I used the standard one.

Did you set up the Logitech Profiler accordingly as described in Jack Spade's guide?

pinkonastick
05-06-2015, 10:09
Setup the profiler when I first got the games as everytime I started the game, the settings were never saved.
I'll try the rest over the weekend..

BTW, if you are playing on PC, what are your machine hardware specs?

Invincible
05-06-2015, 10:11
BTW, if you are playing on PC, what are your machine hardware specs?

Yes, I play on PC. For specs, see my signature.

Sanuck
05-06-2015, 10:13
I used the standard one.

Did you set up the Logitech Profiler accordingly as described in Jack Spade's guide?

Indeed i did. maybe just personal pref.

Have played around for hours, even on our wheels i can tell it could be great, if only i could find that sweet spot !

blot
05-06-2015, 10:14
Bmanics set up with Jacks files really sorted my Logitech MOMO, Well worth a try IMO:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25046-bManic-s-latest-FFB-experiments-possibly-working-universally-for-all-wheels

Invincible
05-06-2015, 10:18
Indeed i did. maybe just personal pref.

Have played around for hours, even on our wheels i can tell it could be great, if only i could find that sweet spot !

If it is too weak for you, you might increase the master spindle arm in the Jack Spade files or increase tire force in your main wheel FFB setup (Ingame Main Options).
But going too high may cause clipping.

Sanuck
05-06-2015, 10:29
If it is too weak for you, you might increase the master spindle arm in the Jack Spade files or increase tire force in your main wheel FFB setup (Ingame Main Options).
But going too high may cause clipping.

Cheers, As its Friday i think i will take the afternoon off and try to sort this out.
Will report back later,

All thoughts of DFGT users welcome, and please can we have a dfgt setup in sticky.

Well a couple of hours work should relieve any guilt ! then i will try some more to sort out FFB.

Cheers