PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent penalties

doyley101
05-06-2015, 10:52
I have been playing this game since launch on the PS4 and, on a whole, am loving it. However I feel some of the decisions with the penalties are odd. For example, at Infineon, you can run as wide as you want at the top hairpin with no reprimand, other times you can get 4 wheels on the Astro the other side of the kerbs completely legally, extremely evident at Tetre Rouge for example.

My main gripe though, is the "next lap invalid" penalty. I was recently running an LMP2 at Silverstone, and I went wide at Stowe. Oh well, I thought, I'll just do another lap. But no, getting on the grass at Stowe also invalidates your next lap. What? How could one possibly gain an advantage doing that?! There's a the whole Club complex to pass through before starting a lap. The Same thing happens in various other places, and, whilst I think it's a good idea, I would say it's applied rather overzealously.

Obviously there are more important things to fix, but this stuff gets annoying. :)

Sankyo
05-06-2015, 11:20
The 'next lap invalid' is still the first, crude version of making sure that people won't gain advantage by running wide (or cutting) the last corner for a speed advantage into the next lap. It was simply set as 'corner cutting in sector 3 of lap = invalid next lap time', and left at that until now. IIRC it was confirmed by a dev a looong time ago that it would have to be made more refined, but I guess that it's not high on anyone's list right now.

lordymatsuo
05-06-2015, 11:27
The 'next lap invalid' is still the first, crude version of making sure that people won't gain advantage by running wide (or cutting) the last corner for a speed advantage into the next lap. It was simply set as 'corner cutting in sector 3 of lap = invalid next lap time', and left at that until now. IIRC it was confirmed by a dev a looong time ago that it would have to be made more refined, but I guess that it's not high on anyone's list right now.

A better solution as seen in other racing would be to give the driver the option to leave pit or start a flying lap, putting the car in auto drive through the last corner so you start a hot lap straight away rather than having to do a lap before your lap.

Give both options as we dont always have enough time to do 2 full laps.

lordymatsuo
05-06-2015, 11:27

A better solution as seen in other racing would be to give the driver the option to leave pit or start a flying lap, putting the car in auto drive through the last corner so you start a hot lap straight away rather than having to do a lap before your lap.

Give both options as we dont always have enough time to do 2 full laps.