PDA

View Full Version : Calibration of T3PA PRO pedals with brake mod!

Benja190782
05-06-2015, 11:39
Hello friends!

I need some help with my new Thrustmaster T3PA PRO pedals - I seems I can't fully calibrate my brake pedal with the brake mod installed. The brake pedal will only go 100% without the brake mod.

How do I calibrate this awesome setup the right way?? ;) Please help...

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/yzc1mme0zgfmmjbmymq1mtm1ndlizde2mwm5zwflmzy.jpg

TrevorAustin
05-06-2015, 11:48
Hello friends!

I need some help with my new Thrustmaster T3PA PRO pedals - I seems I can't fully calibrate my brake pedal with the brake mod installed. The brake pedal will only go 100% without the brake mod.

You need to wind it back out a bit until you can press hard enough to reach 100%. IMO it's not a good mod, the rubber is way too hard.

nissan4ever
05-06-2015, 12:39
Don't know why not. Have the mod set to the position you want it. Then plug wheel up & let it calibrate. Once it finishes calibrating, push the brake pedal as far as it will go for 3-4 seconds. Then release it. Load up Project CARS. Go to options & help. Go to controls. Hit what ever button you need to hit to calibrate pedals. When you do brake pedal, push it as far as you can based off the mod. Screen should read 100.

Robhd
05-06-2015, 21:23
You need to wind it back out a bit until you can press hard enough to reach 100%. IMO it's not a good mod, the rubber is way too hard.

Don't actually agree this this viewpoint... I have both Fanatec Csr elite pedals with a load cell plus an additional Bob Shox mod and a set of standard T3pa pedals with the conical mod.. The T3 pedals work really well once you have set them up to your preference and are as good to use as the load cell based fanatecs...

stux
11-06-2015, 07:56
Hello friends!

I've got mine wound as tight as possible (ie shortest throw before hitting the rubber)

Before going to the calibrate screen push on all three peddles, specifically pushing as hard as you want to ever push... I find if I push too hard my wheelstand will move, so I hold onto the wheel stand and push just until it begins to move... heh.

Then go into the pedal calibration and depress the throttle/clutch all the way, then slowly push the brake until you get the maximum pressure you want... generally I'll get to 100% this way, but its not critical if you don't get to 100%. The game should just use the range between 0% and XX% that you did define.

If you have installed/wound out the brake mod, you want to disconnect the tx base from power and usb to reset it so it doesn't remember the old stops. I always reconnect power, then USB when powering it up.

The_Senser
14-06-2015, 13:45
I have the same problem with the original T3PA Pedals on the Xbox One. The conical break mod is positioned to provide me with the most amount of travel possible before the pedal touches the rubber but no matter how hard I press the pedal during calibration, it does not register at all, it is still set to zero. The clutch and gas pedals calibrate fine, and so does the brake once I remove the brake mod. Can anyone assist please? My Thrustmaster TX is patched with the latest firmware and so is my TH8A Shifter.

nissan4ever
14-06-2015, 17:01
I have the same problem with the original T3PA Pedals on the Xbox One. The conical break mod is positioned to provide me with the most amount of travel possible before the pedal touches the rubber but no matter how hard I press the pedal during calibration, it does not register at all, it is still set to zero. The clutch and gas pedals calibrate fine, and so does the brake once I remove the brake mod. Can anyone assist please? My Thrustmaster TX is patched with the latest firmware and so is my TH8A Shifter.

Are you calibrating the pedal when you first cut on the wheel? On the Xbox One dashboard, push the pedal fully for 3-5 seconds (conical mod already at your desired position). Then release it. My conical brake mod is set for the short brake pedal travel distance for my preference. Go into Project CARS, head back to calibration screen in game. Do your pedals again. It should register.

You always need to calibrate your pedals on the TX when you power up the wheel. Everytime! Has nothing to do with the in game calibration. This is for the TX base.

I always power up my TX at the Xbox One dashboard, not with Project CARS already running. Then I select my gamer profile from the dashboard. Then I calibrate each pedal individually for 3-5 seconds, fully pressing them down (individually). Then I go into Project CARS, ready to go.

Robhd
14-06-2015, 22:17
Are you calibrating the pedal when you first cut on the wheel? On the Xbox One dashboard, push the pedal fully for 3-5 seconds (conical mod already at your desired position). Then release it. My conical brake mod is set for the short brake pedal travel distance for my preference. Go into Project CARS, head back to calibration screen in game. Do your pedals again. It should register.

You always need to calibrate your pedals on the TX when you power up the wheel. Everytime! Has nothing to do with the in game calibration. This is for the TX base.

I always power up my TX at the Xbox One dashboard, not with Project CARS already running. Then I select my gamer profile from the dashboard. Then I calibrate each pedal individually for 3-5 seconds, fully pressing them down (individually). Then I go into Project CARS, ready to go.

Why would you need to feel you have to calibrate the pedals again and again? Miy t3pa pedals work fine once calibrated with the brake mod and certainly don't require me to redo them everytime.

I was just puzzled why you found you had to do this?

nissan4ever
14-06-2015, 22:45
When i'm not using my TX, it's not connected to console or the electrical outlet.

It's stated here in the manual.
AUTOMATIC CALIBRATION OF THE PEDAL SET Never connect the pedal set to the racing wheel's base (or disconnect it from the base) when it is connected to the console or during gameplay (this could cause incorrect calibration). Always connect the pedal set before connecting the racing wheel to the console. Once the racing wheel's calibration is done and the game has been launched, the pedals are automatically calibrated after a few presses. WARNING: Never press the pedals during the racing wheel's self-calibration phase or while a game is loading! (This could cause incorrect calibration)

What I mentioned about calibrating pedals is also stated in an InsideSimRacing video on YouTube & needs to be done before your first race.

https://youtu.be/rT2kFOuA0Wk

Key in on 2 min mark. It's stated & goes with any racing game. Not just FM5. The pedals need to be calibrated before you race. Darrin stated in video you might get full brake if you didn't calibrate before your first race for example. I experience the opposite if I don't remember to do it. I would experience enough brake isn't applied & I'll over shoot my first turn, because I forgot to calibrate them. Has happened to me in Project CARS when I forget to do it to.

Therefore, I plug my wheel up to wall & connect to console while Xbox One is on dashboard. Once wheel finishes spinning calibrating, that's when I fully press each pedal separately for 3 seconds to calibrate them to the base. The calibration will stay set for your whole gaming session. 99% of the time, I remember to do it & don't have no issues with amount of brake being applied in the game on my first turn of my first race.

I wouldn't make that up.

stux
15-06-2015, 03:24
I've got mine wound as tight as possible (ie shortest throw before hitting the rubber)

Before going to the calibrate screen push on all three peddles, specifically pushing as hard as you want to ever push... I find if I push too hard my wheelstand will move, so I hold onto the wheel stand and push just until it begins to move... heh.

Then go into the pedal calibration and depress the throttle/clutch all the way, then slowly push the brake until you get the maximum pressure you want... generally I'll get to 100% this way, but its not critical if you don't get to 100%. The game should just use the range between 0% and XX% that you did define.

If you have installed/wound out the brake mod, you want to disconnect the tx base from power and usb to reset it so it doesn't remember the old stops. I always reconnect power, then USB when powering it up.

I've also now set the brake deadzone to 30, this means the brake starts acting just before I hit the rubber stop, which I find makes it much easier to use small amounts of braking pressure

ashasha
15-06-2015, 07:13
The purpose of calibration is for the game to compensate for variation in physical hardware. You should be able to just mash it down to all the way and the number that is on the screen will then represents the position of the pedal at full travel, i.e., 100%. So that "value" is what the game will use for full brake.

Now I could be wrong, but then why would we even have a calibration feature?

justonce68
15-06-2015, 07:21
I believe, it doesn't matter how far you push the pedal, if you push it 20% the game calibrates it to 100% as it believes you are pushing it all the way down. I have the conical mod and mine calibrates fine.

The_Senser
15-06-2015, 23:13
Thanks for the tip, much appreciated! I tried calibrating it as you suggested and result!! I am now able to play the game with the wheel and pedals. I do find that I have to recalibrate the pedals in game every time I start it, which is a little annoying. I have never done this with Forza 5 or Forza Horizons 2, the pedals just work straight away. But that is a minor niggle. I am just pleased that I am finally able to use the TX with this game.

nissan4ever
15-06-2015, 23:28
Thanks for the tip, much appreciated! I tried calibrating it as you suggested and result!! I am now able to play the game with the wheel and pedals. I do find that I have to recalibrate the pedals in game every time I start it, which is a little annoying. I have never done this with Forza 5 or Forza Horizons 2, the pedals just work straight away. But that is a minor niggle. I am just pleased that I am finally able to use the TX with this game.

I don't know why you need to recalibrate them in game every time you play. You shouldn't. Only need to calibrate the pedals to the TX base from the Xbox One dashboard, before you load up Project CARS.

The_Senser
16-06-2015, 07:42
The brake does not seem to work for me unless I recalibrate the pedals again once I am in game.

I don't know why you need to recalibrate them in game every time you play. You shouldn't. Only need to calibrate the pedals to the TX base from the Xbox One dashboard, before you load up Project CARS.

nissan4ever
16-06-2015, 09:49
The brake does not seem to work for me unless I recalibrate the pedals again once I am in game.

I don't know why yours does that. Mine don't. I only mash my pedals 3-5 seconds each independently while on dashboard or while my first race is loading up. Don't need to recalibrate in the game option & help section.

MLT24
12-08-2015, 02:50
I use the rubber mod, starts out hard as a rock lol. I bolted it in one hole down from instructions. Then screwed it back about 1/4 inch from brake. Just like early free play in a real car brake. The mod acts like real hydrolic brakes. Folks are correct, when calibrating just push it down to where it feels like the spongy bottom of real car brakes. At first mine was about 60%, now after 2 months of pushing on it, it has broken in and now I'm down to 75%. Sometimes the brake calibration gets out of wack. So I just recalibrate b4 I play just to make sure. Game will convert your % to full lockup of brakes. I have gotten way faster with these pedals and mod. My first serious pedals with a mod. 3rd wheel over 10 yrs and best one so far.
Once on track hit left dpad until you see brakes and gas visusl aids. Test brake and your car should not lock up brakes until the red fills up, right at bottom of how far u pushed brakes down durring calibration.
Hint. Use manual gears, gear down and use brakes lightly, much faster way to hit the curves without upsetting the car. Go fast hv fun.

Str8shooter
15-08-2015, 16:14
I've had my T3PA Pro Pedals a few weeks now but haven't put a lot of hours in.

I was in a race and my accelerator pedal stopped working. I thought it was something in PCars like blowing an engine so I quit that race and started a new track and car and everything was fine for the rest of my session. Next time using it I set up a race and this time no accelerator to start and I couldn't drive at all.

I quit and went online to research the problem and the closest I could come is this thread. I've tried all the plugging and unplugging sequences described above with no luck. I just tried again and when calibrating the pedals within PCars I get the clutch and brake to 100% like normal but the accelerator isn't recognized at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

adsportfan
01-04-2016, 08:26
Hello everybody

I don't have problems with the brake and the accelerator.
But I can't calibrate my clutch pedal. It stays on 0%. Anyone an idea?

Dynomight Motorsports
01-05-2016, 16:29
While racing, I noticed in my telemetry on vrHive and pCars that the throttle pedal wasn't going all the way down. At one point in the race I was only getting 88% of the throttle. I got mad and starting pressing the throttle down as hard as I could until I got it back to 98%-99%. I went into the Calibrate Pedals screen and saw the Throttle pedal was only reaching 98% unless I really push very hard. I lift weights and leg press quite a bit of weight, and I'm worried I'm going to break these pedals pushing them as hard as I was to reach 100%. Is there something else I can do to get 100%??? Would the Throttle deadzone improve this? Or would a simple calibration fix this issue. I have modded the throttle with a slightly stiffer rebound spring to give it a bit more feel as it was too soft before. I don't think the spring is binding up from what I can tell, I just don't want to break my throttle pedal pushing through the mounting point.
Any advice please?

Dynomight Motorsports
01-05-2016, 16:33
Hello everybody

I don't have problems with the brake and the accelerator.
But I can't calibrate my clutch pedal. It stays on 0%. Anyone an idea?

I heard if you take the plate off and lift the pedal up you will see the pots with a geared sprocket on it. If you rotate it one more tooth forward it should registered.