PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] stopped working

sjergod
05-06-2015, 15:12
Hi,

Bought project cars when it was version 0226 - Full member 45 euro. (win 7)

Now the game stops frequently !!

How is the correct way to uninstall and where can i download the newest version ? (will it cost money ?)

Is there a version with more cars and tracks than the version i bought ?

BTW...great game.

Regards / Steen.

Sankyo
05-06-2015, 15:13
What version do you have installed now? When did you install/update the last time?

sjergod
05-06-2015, 19:24
wow im not good at this....

can`t find the answer to any of your question.....sorry can you guide me :dejection:

Steen.

Mad Al
05-06-2015, 19:28
I think the first question needs to be, are you running the version from Steam or the old downloader?

sjergod
06-06-2015, 07:18
old downloader.

Mad Al
06-06-2015, 09:19
Well there's your problem.. we moved over to steam just under 2 years ago and you should have done too..

Check over in the WMD forum this (http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?15159-Steamworks-builds-now-available) post..
You might or might not be able to get the key to work now (as you are a Full member you should be OK I think), if not you'll have to contact Vit. And make sure whilst you are at it, to check and make sure all your email and paypal details are up to date on the WMD side, you don't want to miss out on other "bonuses"...

sjergod
07-06-2015, 07:05
hmmm....i seems i have steam running....ups sorry....:confused:

In steam it says:

project cars - full member installed 10-08.2013
project cars - limited edition upgrade-001 10-08-2013
project cars - modified car pack-002 10-08-2013

Should i have more updates ?

Is it possible to buy more cars and tracks ?

/Steen.

Mad Al
07-06-2015, 10:02
If you have it on steam it should all be up to date (that's the whole point of Steam!)

You can check the file version of the PCars64.exe (in Steam , right click Project CARS in the library list, select Properties, then select the Local Files tab and Browse Local Files) it should be 1.0.1.3

More cars/tracks will be available later both free and paid (and yes if you haven't played for a couple of years, there are some tracks that are not in now that were in two years ago)

sjergod
08-06-2015, 19:33
Yes i have file version 1.0.1.3 !

Thx to all of you who has helped me :)

/Steen.

bolymax
08-06-2015, 23:30
This game needs an upgrade from the developers, there are many people having trouble with this game, it crashes every one lap sometimes not even one lap
I read the set up of the people that are having this problem and they have state of the art systems, so that tells me that it is not a PC problem, I repeat myself one
more time, I think it has to do more with 64Bit systems, I don't have a problem when I play the game in my old 32 bit system, not one single crash.

Mad Al
09-06-2015, 00:15
This game needs an upgrade from the developers, there are many people having trouble with this game, it crashes every one lap sometimes not even one lap
I read the set up of the people that are having this problem and they have state of the art systems, so that tells me that it is not a PC problem, I repeat myself one
more time, I think it has to do more with 64Bit systems, I don't have a problem when I play the game in my old 32 bit system, not one single crash.

Well I run it on three completely different 64bit systems and it never crashes on any of them..... and just WTF that has to do with the OPs question is beyond me..

BullWinkle
09-06-2015, 00:38

Please post your system specs. Motherboard/CPU/GPU(SLI?)/MEMORY/OS. ( preferably put it in your signature) for people trying to help.
64bit runs fine ( even in state of the art systems :)), please don't excuse the fact that it may possibly be your system that has an issue. Is it overclocked?, what mode are you in when it crashes?,MP,TT,FP,QRW?, How many AI?, Do you have any overlays running (MSI Afterburner,Steam overlay? etc.,and/or processes that are running in the background which may cause problems?), Have you checked the known issue thread here.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-08-06&p=886418&viewfull=1#post886418
What are your ingame graphic settings?,etc,etc.
Please post any debug files that are created after a crash.,located in your Project Cars folder and attach them to your post please. Help us to help you.;)

Morgan Henstridge
09-06-2015, 05:22
x64 bit system here too.

I get the very occasional nvidia display driver crash, but i'm putting that down to the Windows 10 Tech Preview i'm running it on.

But I can play for hours at a time without issue.