PDA

View Full Version : One of the stupidest things I've seen so far

ThePope
05-06-2015, 17:53
So started a short 3 lap race at spa and finished 1st, with around 10 seconds ahead of second place. As I finish the race AI takes over to drive round the lap and into pits (normal). However, someone had parked their car across the main straight and the AI went through it, and stopped on the grass just after. Subsequently, I get DQ'd from the entire race and end up last.

Now I know the game is young and there's plenty of trolls who leave their cars parked across the track to irritate everyone, but this is a whole other level...

NB I had a clean race with no penalties whatsoever so it isn't that. Finished with about 1L of fuel spare.

ThePope
05-06-2015, 17:59
Can't begin to imagine how pissed I would've been if it was a long race.

Umer Ahmad
05-06-2015, 18:01
Yeah, someone parked on the back straight at Monza and was tagging people. Children. Hopefully we'll soon have some code to weed out these jokers.

ThePope
05-06-2015, 18:06
Would be a start if people were kicked from the race if there's 10 seconds or more inactivity? Most trolls tend to just leave their cars and go afk - this would at least make them work to be bastards. Doesn't apply during pit stops obviously.

PTG Claret
05-06-2015, 18:15
You'll never stop them - they'll just drive at 1mph instead.

GT_Racing
05-06-2015, 18:18
That sucks dude. I didnt think you can get DQ'd after you dont have control over the car. What sense does that make?

ThePope
05-06-2015, 18:30
That sucks dude. I didnt think you can get DQ'd after you dont have control over the car. What sense does that make?

Very little is the answer to that haha. Would upload a replay but don't have anything to record with.

ex_
05-06-2015, 20:09
Would be a start if people were kicked from the race if there's 10 seconds or more inactivity? Most trolls tend to just leave their cars and go afk - this would at least make them work to be bastards. Doesn't apply during pit stops obviously.

I would not like this option, as some drivers/players can be trusted to simply sit on the sidelines and watch their friends go past, after being worn out in a 1hr online race for instance. If someone has a physical or mental limitation and must pull over, they shouldn't necessarily have to leave...

Joethe147
05-06-2015, 20:53
Very little is the answer to that haha. Would upload a replay but don't have anything to record with.

You should be able to record the footage whether you're on console or PC, unless your PC isn't great and wouldn't handle it well.

Mr.Smoke
05-06-2015, 21:05
Im thinking its more related to the fact you didnt have enough fuel to complete the outlap after the race. That will earn you a DQ and finishing with 1L sure isnt enough to get back to the pits.

ThePope
05-06-2015, 21:38
Im thinking its more related to the fact you didnt have enough fuel to complete the outlap after the race. That will earn you a DQ and finishing with 1L sure isnt enough to get back to the pits.

You mean inlap... I always try and finish with barely anything in the tank, but it's never DQ'd me... Besides, game is always suggesting that I should "aim to cross the finish line with an empty tank". Could a WMD member clarify the fuel thing?

ThePope
05-06-2015, 21:40
You should be able to record the footage whether you're on console or PC, unless your PC isn't great and wouldn't handle it well.

I'm on ps4. It's recorded but idk how to get it off the ps4 and onto the forums or my laptop.

Mr.Smoke
05-06-2015, 21:44
You mean inlap... I always try and finish with barely anything in the tank, but it's never DQ'd me... Besides, game is always suggesting that I should "aim to cross the finish line with an empty tank". Could a WMD member clarify the fuel thing?

I call that an outlap, but inlap works too.

Ive experienced it once & witnessed it on numerous occasions where the race winner cant get the car back to the pits due to running out of fuel & got a DQ. Now if the other racers finish before you run out, then you dont need to worry.

There is one or two threads regarding this floating around.

N0body Of The Goat
05-06-2015, 21:58
If you run out of fuel after the race, while the AI is driving you back to the pits (and the race countdown is running while you wait for all others to cross the line), you get DQed.

If you expect to be challenging for the race win, fill up with fuel for the number of laps in race + 1. ;)

ThePope
05-06-2015, 22:55
If you run out of fuel after the race, while the AI is driving you back to the pits (and the race countdown is running while you wait for all others to cross the line), you get DQed.

If you expect to be challenging for the race win, fill up with fuel for the number of laps in race + 1. ;)

Should we expect an update at some point where we can do the inlap?

Mr.Smoke
05-06-2015, 23:02
Should we expect an update at some point where we can do the inlap?

I doubt they would allow user control of that. It would create an opportunity for those who have finished their race to troll or mess with those who havent yet finished the race.

Honestly, i cant see a point for it being user controlled.

TheReaper GT
05-06-2015, 23:08
Happened to me on the Sonoma formula rookie race in career, after the second /last lap the ai took over and smashed the car into the wall just in time to be catch in the middle by the second place, I've been disqualified and had to race it again. Hahaha

Daynja
05-06-2015, 23:38
You'll never stop them - they'll just drive at 1mph instead. Which should also be coded to penalise.Thats an offense under race conditions.Its get to race speed or leave the track in a safe spot for marshalls to move the vehicle behind barriers