PDA

View Full Version : More road cars planned for DLC?

Jon4410
05-06-2015, 19:49
I understand that Project Cars is focused on motor sports, and it does that very well. But I am curious whether the developers are planning to add more road cars in future DLC? Once the bugs are worked out this will be the greatest motorsports game on consoles IMO, but I think it could be even better with more road cars.

Also, please don't take this as a complaint - I think the game is fantastic as is (except for the bugs of course). I am just curious to see what future plans are regarding car DLC.

JayRocVW
05-06-2015, 19:56
Stay tuned as they are going to announce something next week! So pumped!

Elmo
05-06-2015, 20:13
Road Cars won't be neglected in the future - I'm a big fan of them too.

Dameyon
05-06-2015, 21:59
give a hint :)

Dameyon
05-06-2015, 22:01
just in case I die before next week comes to past...:P..give a hint about the announcement :)

Brent G
06-06-2015, 06:47
I would much prefer more race spec models or if road cars are insisted upon at least focus on the more stripped back track orientated versions out there. I have no desire to drive lets say a Ferrari F40 when there's the Ferrari F40 Competizione instead. I know that's a bad example seeing as the road going F40 is about as stripped back as it gets but you get my drift.

BCFCBristolRed
06-06-2015, 07:11
I'm hoping for some DTM cars. Oh that would be DELIGHTFUL!!! Failing that, some race Fezzers and Lambo's pretty please!!

Ironfistedmonk
06-06-2015, 08:43
I'd prefer race cars, the road cars feel awful in comparison and this is a racing game

daddyboosive
06-06-2015, 09:00
Road cars are pointless in this game because you can't upgrade and tune them like you can in Forza.

little fella
06-06-2015, 09:50
M6 please SMS.
Pretty please with cherries on top.

oscarolim
06-06-2015, 10:06
Road cars are pointless in this game because you can't upgrade and tune them like you can in Forza.

Road cars are useless in Forza, you can't add nitro like in need for speed.
/s

Exocet
06-06-2015, 10:12
I'd much rather that they concentrated on race cars. In particular firstly concentrating on bolstering the tin top series already in the game. Adding a few others.. Australian v8's. Japanese tourers/gt's.

Unless we are talking 'special' road cars, give us the race version of them.

mkstatto
06-06-2015, 11:04
Exactly this, I have no interest in road cars apart from the fiesta I drive in real life.

Headhunter91
06-06-2015, 11:06
We need some touring cars! Can't have all these English tracks and no touring cars to go with them! Only game that I am excited about DLC!

Fanatest
06-06-2015, 11:10
I don't enjoy the road cars at all. I'm a fan of the GT series cars. I'd like to see more race series added.

Mini, Super Mini, More M series of course :) GT, Touring Cars etc Mmmmmmmmmm :D

Rockefelluh
06-06-2015, 14:13

*smacks hand on forehead*

Yeah cuz no one wants to drive a P1 or 400 bhp Evo

PeoplesChampion
06-06-2015, 14:37

The cars in this game do not need to be upgraded.

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 14:46
No road cars please. I see on twitch or YouTube 90 % uploads with race cars. I don't believe that the majority want to have more road cars. They want more race cars.

Scrogg
06-06-2015, 15:00
I'll take more road cars on the condition that we get more "road" courses like California highway and Azure coast

TheReaper GT
06-06-2015, 15:27
The cars in this game do not need to be upgraded.

Ahhhh, cmon, how come you don't like a pink McLaren P1 with 22 turbos, Nitro, a 747 wing in the back and all those gorgeous lights under the chassis? huahuahu [Sarcasm Mode Off]

AdM1
06-06-2015, 18:39

Agreed, to an extent. I wouldn't say they are pointless but it would be much better if you could actually modify them but that's just not what PC is about. And on that basis is exactly why I'd rather more race cars over road cars.

LextersQuest
06-06-2015, 21:10
No roadcars needed in this game. Needs to stay a pure racegame. Step by step add more racecars.

tyl3r99
06-06-2015, 21:48
road cars... bloody boring!

wedge_a
06-06-2015, 22:06
Psh road cars. I'm so over 'the latest super car this and that'. Forza or Gran Turismo are games for that. I want to play a motorsport game! I want a big field of Super GT cars!

Ixoye56
06-06-2015, 22:17
No road cars please ! There's a game called Forza for those who like road cars.

giulianbu
06-06-2015, 22:17
Ferrari and Lamborghini, would be a dream to have those licenses, Ian insist on them

PeoplesChampion
07-06-2015, 00:55
I actually LOVE the road cars on PCars. I have made a few clips that show just how much fun you can have with them.. I have to say when I first started the game, I thought the road cars were awful. I thought the game was awful. Now, though.. I LOVE this game. I LOVE the street cars. I would not return this game for 5 times the money back.. And that is a FACT.

Brent G
07-06-2015, 11:26

Yep, FM5 was a major let down for me with the huuuuuggge lack of race spec models. Come on what would you rather lay down some laps in, a 1940 Ford Coupe Deluxe (WTF?) or a GT500 spec Honda NSX for example? Thats not to say road cars arent fun but they need to be more hardcore track focused examples like the Maserati MC Stradale or the Ferrari 458 Speciale and dare I say Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

Dorny
07-06-2015, 11:57
There will be some more road cars (the next free car is going to be the audi S1), but they wont ever be loads of them, because this game is about about motorsport racing, not road car racing.

JessicaWalter
07-06-2015, 12:08
how bout old Thomas Flyers and a Peking to Paris or New York to Paris race?

Ixoye56
07-06-2015, 13:41
I'm ok with Porsche 911 GT3 RS or Ferrari 458 Italia, but that's enough :)

giulianbu
07-06-2015, 14:34
Ferrari 458 Italia 206512

giulianbu
07-06-2015, 14:43
if Ian was able to have the licenses for these two monsters would be a wonderful

BCFCBristolRed
07-06-2015, 14:51
I'm ok with Porsche 911 GT3 RS or Ferrari 458 Italia, but that's enough :)

Throw in the Lambo Gallardo Superleggerra and I'm sold! :D

CPU M Rossi
07-06-2015, 15:09
first I will apologize in advance but I hate when people say that, just because you don't want something doesn't mean there aren't a lot who would enjoy road cars, drag racing, drifting ect...
besides in project cars you can drive or not drive what ever you want. This game is far more open then any other racing game, as it does now force you do drive anything.
so why limit those who like driving the road cars in Project Cars to just the ones that came with the game? An argument could be made that there are too many race cars but there are race cars out there that people want in the game so why are those people more entitled to ask for those? Is that really sportsman like to say no you can't have that car because I don't like driving it yet want something the other person might not want?

I want to see Project CARS grow, expand & show the big guys an indie dev with a low budget can do with out a publisher pushing them to do stuff
(for the record I did buy Project CARS for the well everything it has to offer).

PeoplesChampion
07-06-2015, 16:12
CPU.. Go to my clips page and watch drifting, on PCars.

JessicaWalter
07-06-2015, 16:18
first I will apologize in advance but I hate when people say that, just because you don't want something doesn't mean there aren't a lot who would enjoy road cars, drag racing, drifting ect...
besides in project cars you can drive or not drive what ever you want. This game is far more open then any other racing game, as it does now force you do drive anything.
so why limit those who like driving the road cars in Project Cars to just the ones that came with the game? An argument could be made that there are too many race cars but there are race cars out there that people want in the game so why are those people more entitled to ask for those? Is that really sportsman like to say no you can't have that car because I don't like driving it yet want something the other person might not want?

I want to see Project CARS grow, expand & show the big guys an indie dev with a low budget can do with out a publisher pushing them to do stuff
(for the record I did buy Project CARS for the well everything it has to offer).

i agree with everything but the race cars comment. a game about motorsports can't have too many race cars.

CPU M Rossi
07-06-2015, 16:26
i agree with everything but the race cars comment. a game about motorsports can't have too many race cars.
yes but both sides seem to want to limit the game depending on their preference

CPU.. Go to my clips page and watch drifting, on PCars.
true you could drift cars in Forza 1 and 2 but there was no game mode where you could compete in a drift race.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 16:27
if Ian was able to have the licenses for these two monsters would be a wonderful

I bought the one on the left! (Well, the spider version) so surely Ferrari should provide us with a free license. It's my 7th Ferrari BTW, so maybe a license for 7 cars....

Drave
07-06-2015, 16:28
There are cars which myself being from a Forza background, I miss a great deal.

Road going Nissan GTR's and the race Nissans for example and even the BMW Mini. Although I am not a huge Ferrari fan in these games they do seem noticeably absent, along with Porsche of course, plus Maserati, Lamborghini and so many others; no doubt all for the usual licensing reasons

Whilst I am fully aware it is not Forza nor want it to be as I think it is fantastic and addictive game/SIM/whatever you want to call it, there does seem to be a real shortage of cars. Although I find Forza's ever growing addiction to endless DLC a bit tiresome as well as costly, a great deal more cars for this game would be good to see, imo.

I'd also have to say that the one thing DLC does is to not only allow one to expand the game you wish to expand, but it saves squandering money on games you do not like. For example I bought Far Cry 4 and can't abide it so that was 40 wasted. However, 17 for the Horizon 2 Storm Island DLC, money well spent for me.

So some more cars and maybe some further ordinary roads/city scape on DLC? Sounds good to me.

NB... The at least one million+ other opinions are just as valid as mine... I am not looking for a flame war nor an argument... thanks all the same.

TheDoctor46
07-06-2015, 16:32
It's my 7th Ferrari BTW, so maybe a license for 7 cars....
Simple math eh? ;)

PzR Slim
07-06-2015, 16:38

IF the number of cars take up to much resource (money and dev time) at the expense of other features it can.

rbracer
07-06-2015, 16:44
I bought the one on the left! (Well, the spider version) so surely Ferrari should provide us with a free license. It's my 7th Ferrari BTW, so maybe a license for 7 cars....

As Charlie Sheen would say "Italian trash, I only steal Porsches"...... from the movie " No Mans Land". I'm so glad we have them in the game. Porsche that is.

JessicaWalter
07-06-2015, 16:46
IF the number of cars take up to much resource (money and dev time) at the expense of other features it can.

yeah, but in reference to sayibg there's too many race cars as a reason to put more road cars in the game. im fine with all cars but in a situation where there's room for more cars in a motorsport game, race cars will always be the most appropriate addition until every race car is in-game. in my opinion road cars are the "extras"...like they should feel lucky to be involved.

Brent G
07-06-2015, 17:05
There will be some more road cars (the next free car is going to be the audi S1), but they wont ever be loads of them, because this game is about about motorsport racing, not road car racing.

Now are we talking Audi S1 or Audi Sport Quattro S1? plz tell me its the latter

amazed
07-06-2015, 17:30
A1 quattro

https://youtu.be/op1iztbPEW8

little fella
07-06-2015, 18:27

you lucky so and so Ian lol

what are the Ferrari's you had I am a big fan so would be very interested to know?

Also what is your favourite Ferrari of all time?

What do you think of the new 488 gtb?

Lastly would you consider a Lambo instead? new Hurrican looks class!!!

little fella
07-06-2015, 18:29
Saw a black Aston Martin V12 Vantage a few days ago it looked stunning. That would be a great car.

Alan Dallas
07-06-2015, 20:57
As Charlie Sheen would say "Italian trash, I only steal Porsches"...... from the movie " No Mans Land". I'm so glad we have them in the game. Porsche that is.

There was another movie recently that I can't think of the name off the top my head, but a guy rolls up to his Club and there's a Ferrari in his parking spot and he says "What is that piece of ish doing in my parking space?"
Wish I could remember the movie, I LOL'd so hard and was like "Tru dat!!"

Edit: Found it, The Equalizer, and it was the Russians restaurant, not a club.

Holgersson Nils
07-06-2015, 23:05
McLaren MP4/8

please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtEqaw0214

giulianbu
07-06-2015, 23:07

but then you say that Ferrari will come into the game?