PDA

View Full Version : Clean Racing Without Joining a League?

Luke Townsend
05-06-2015, 21:28
Just posting this to ask what others do who, for whatever reason, can't race at regular times each week and so cannot join a league? I've been watching the TGC videos and reading their threads with envy - absolutely love how they race fair and have a load of competitive fun because of it. However even if they accepted me I couldn't commit to the race times unfortunately.

BTW if anyone wants to add me as a friend for racing on Steam, my ID is Wobblie Rampack (UK based). I'm not fast but I love motorsport and I try to drive fair! :D Especially interested in the slower, looser cars i.e. road, touring, track day, GT4, GT5, Formula Rookie, Gulf.

OperatorWay
05-06-2015, 21:47
Sent you a Steam friend request.

I'm up for some casual & spontaneous lobby racing with friendly & fair drivers.

It can be difficult to commit to game event schedules when real-life things can be unpredictable & always come first.

Even though we're in different time zones, I usually tend to race late at night (my local time), which may sometimes overlap with your gaming.

Luke Townsend
06-06-2015, 07:27
Sent you a Steam friend request.

I'm up for some casual & spontaneous lobby racing with friendly & fair drivers.

It can be difficult to commit to game event schedules when real-life things can be unpredictable & always come first.

Even though we're in different time zones, I usually tend to race late at night (my local time), which may sometimes overlap with your gaming.

That's terrific! Thanks for the invite. I hope we meet on track sometime. :) Actually your late nights coincide with my afternoons which is often when I'm online.

Luke Townsend
06-06-2015, 14:31
Had a couple more invites, thanks people! :) Hope to see some of you on track soon!

Zeeb
15-06-2015, 20:20
Sent you an invite! (Zeeb)

MikeyTT
19-06-2015, 17:06
I would recommend you still look into the TGC. Whilst they do have organised events, quite often they will just run on the spur of the moment sessions, or you'll see the guys there running online, so you could join in. Speak to ZiggyUK or drop a post in the TGC Newcomers thread to see if that's alright with them: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-%26%239762%3B-TGC-NCC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club%99-New-Comers-Club-Recruitment-%26%239762%3B

I'm a little bit in the same boat as you. I was involved a little with the TGC when it was in the WMD days, but I only participated in a couple of official events. I've just not been able to guarantee I'll be at home when they run the events.

I've added you on Steam, so if you see me knocking around then let me know and we can jump into an online session.

RomKnight
19-06-2015, 17:11
new definition of utopia :D

Westbeef
19-06-2015, 21:22
Just posting this to ask what others do who, for whatever reason, can't race at regular times each week and so cannot join a league? I've been watching the TGC videos and reading their threads with envy - absolutely love how they race fair and have a load of competitive fun because of it. However even if they accepted me I couldn't commit to the race times unfortunately.

BTW if anyone wants to add me as a friend for racing on Steam, my ID is Wobblie Rampack (UK based). I'm not fast but I love motorsport and I try to drive fair! :D Especially interested in the slower, looser cars i.e. road, touring, track day, GT4, GT5, Formula Rookie, Gulf.

You can always join and just stick with the NCC races which are Sunday and Wednesdays at 7PM UTC. No penalties for not turning up and you can also race with other leagues, but you'd be more than welcome to just join in when you're free.

Luke Townsend
19-06-2015, 21:22
Sent you an invite! (Zeeb)

Thanks Zeeb! :)

Luke Townsend
19-06-2015, 21:24
I would recommend you still look into the TGC. Whilst they do have organised events, quite often they will just run on the spur of the moment sessions, or you'll see the guys there running online, so you could join in. Speak to ZiggyUK or drop a post in the TGC Newcomers thread to see if that's alright with them: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21977-%26%239762%3B-TGC-NCC-The-Gentlemen-s-Club%99-New-Comers-Club-Recruitment-%26%239762%3B

I'm a little bit in the same boat as you. I was involved a little with the TGC when it was in the WMD days, but I only participated in a couple of official events. I've just not been able to guarantee I'll be at home when they run the events.

I've added you on Steam, so if you see me knocking around then let me know and we can jump into an online session.

Cheers Mikey, thanks for the add! :) And good of you to say that about TGC. I will drop them a line and see how we go. Definitely, will look out for you (and all other friends) online for a race! :)

Luke Townsend
19-06-2015, 21:25
You can always join and just stick with the NCC races which are Sunday and Wednesdays at 7PM UTC. No penalties for not turning up and you can also race with other leagues, but you'd be more than welcome to just join in when you're free.

Cheers Westbeef! I will give it a go! Wasn't sure if they prefer people who can commit more often. I'll email them about it. :)

MartinMWWebb
23-06-2015, 11:55
@Luke - I've added you also on steam as i'm in the same boat with family commitments etc :)

anyone else feel free to add me too SteamID - MartinMWWebb

Luke Townsend
23-06-2015, 14:00
Great stuff, Martin! Cheers! Just accepted your invite. :)

bigsilverhotdog
26-06-2015, 03:15
Added a couple people from this thread (including OP) that listed their Steam names, anyone else reading this thread can feel free to check out our group and thread which aligns with the OP's intent. It's hard to get clean sim racers together for fun outside of the league environment, but we're going to get it done!

Friendly, fun sim racing with no commitments is our goal.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32991-PC-Steam-group-PCARSFRIENDS-sim-settings-clean-racing-practises-hotlapping&