PDA

View Full Version : We (BAM) are not cheaters.

BAM Boycotz
06-06-2015, 00:32
I am not trying to start an argument here before any haters jump into the comments section! I (BAM Boycotz) have finished 3rd & 4th in the last 2 sms-r events just below my team mates who finished above me & even I sit in awe at the speed of my guys, we have all worked so hard to achive what we have and we all think the corner cutting is a discrace, truth be told if we were not able to cut corners we would still have finished in the same position, take Silverstone for example.. We were at the top without the pitlane cheat and were still at the top once we decided to use the pitlane (I however refused to use the pitlane) So hockenheim for me was payback as my 3rd position at Silverstone was robbed by cheaters, 3 days of hard work gone in an instant.. How do you think I felt? , we are still human & we still give it our all to run the times we do. My guys are amazing and deserve everything they can achive through racing e-sports events weather we exploit the game or not (if the game allows exploitation on leaderboards) we do not cut in LEAUGE RACING... All the guys who slated us have just showed us dissrespect at the end of the day, we would do anything to help out thoes people in our community in need of help & if anyone needs help with setups or anything don't hesitate to ask but for heavens sake do not start silly threads asking for us to be banned ect ect, we are just like everyone else at the day and for some of us racing is all we have in life!

FMS TopSecret
06-06-2015, 00:38
there just jealous because we are try hards

AdM1
06-06-2015, 00:46
I think that thread was locked for a reason lol. Not really much need to start another imo.

bubbadabutcher
06-06-2015, 01:00
I wouldn't worry about it, I think its only a very small minority who think otherwise.

It reminds me a little bit of when I used to play CoD. I was pretty good, could usually carry a game of domination or whatever. But every once in awhile I'd run into someone who was on another level and it'd be ritual slaughter, bound for youtube, time. I always tried to make myself feel better by telling myself that my nemesis was nothing but a no good hacker. ;)

BAM Boycotz
06-06-2015, 01:13
I think that thread was locked for a reason lol. Not really much need to start another imo.

This thread is not just about my clearing my/ teams name it's also to make people aware that we are here to help.. We respect all members of our community fast or not, our guys are some of the nicest people you will come across. Like I said i'm not starting another thread for people like yourself to comment on.. If you ever need our help we would love to get involved but otherwise please keep your opinions to yourself, i'm sure you have better thngs to do with your time my friend :)

BAM Boycotz
06-06-2015, 01:23
I guess it's not even worth trying to help because people are still complaining, I cannot delete the thread so if anyone with the power to do so can delete it for me please feel free, i've had enough of this game.

Pink_650S
06-06-2015, 01:24
You cut through the PITLANE in order to get a faster laptime.
People will stop calling you that once this will be fixed. But until then you'll have to deal with being called cheaters.

BAM Boycotz
06-06-2015, 01:27
i did not as I clearly stated, what the fuck is wrong with people? I try to come on here and be nice and offer help but also clear my name at the same time and still people cannot let it drop.. Someone either delete the thread or tell me how befor I blow my lid :(

Pink_650S
06-06-2015, 01:32
You came on here to be nice?
You came on here and your first action was to create a thread about denying a fact.
In your 2nd post you advised a stranger to keep their opinion to themself.
In your 3rd post you moaned about the community and stated to be sick of the game like a little kid.
And in your 4th you dropped the F-Bomb.

Good stuff, very nice!

Umer Ahmad
06-06-2015, 01:36
What is this about? Can it be handled over PM? really it does not matter, there are more important problems now.

madmax2069
06-06-2015, 01:40
I respect anyone regardless if they are faster then me or slower then me (im definitely not the fastest person in the game). I respect legit times , I dont cry and go one just because someones faster then I am.

I dont respect dirty times regardless of who you are (cutting corners, wall riding, just outright going off the beaten path to obtain a time you couldn't have if you stayed in the track) I or no one else should have to tolerate it. Couldn't everyone (not just you guys) just be fast while staying legit ? I mean is that really too much to ask or does everyone have to be dirty because others are being dirty.

I refuse to cut corners, wall ride, go off the beaten path just to get a fast time because others are doing it, its against who I am.

I just hope for a leaderboard wipe once they get the track limits fixed so this all can be left behind.

AdM1
06-06-2015, 01:44
This thread is not just about my clearing my/ teams name it's also to make people aware that we are here to help.. We respect all members of our community fast or not, our guys are some of the nicest people you will come across. Like I said i'm not starting another thread for people like yourself to comment on.. If you ever need our help we would love to get involved but otherwise please keep your opinions to yourself, i'm sure you have better thngs to do with your time my friend :)

Tbf I'll speak my opinions as I so wish and I wont be told by someone who I don't even know when to hush it unless they are some kind of authority of which you are not. Not sure why your post got on the defensive for. Just because I pointed out you posted a pointless thread.

I never spoke of the BAM team in a negative way so no need for the comments.. "Like I said i'm not starting another thread for people like yourself to comment on" "please keep your opinions to yourself" Think you need to get your head out your ass lad.

I actually defended you guys in the other thread stating that real racers exploit track limits in the real world too. Now you come at me with that tone... Dirty cheats :p

bubbadabutcher
06-06-2015, 01:51
I respect anyone regardless if they are faster then me or slower then me (im definitely not the fastest person in the game). I respect legit times , I dont cry and go one just because someones faster then I am.

I dont respect dirty times regardless of who you are (cutting corners, wall riding, just outright going off the beaten path to obtain a time you couldn't have if you stayed in the track) I or no one else should have to tolerate it. Couldn't everyone (not just you guys) just be fast while staying legit ? I mean is that really too much to ask or does everyone have to be dirty because others are being dirty.

I refuse to cut corners, wall ride, go off the beaten path just to get a fast time because others are doing it, its against who I am.

I just hope for a leaderboard wipe once they get the track limits fixed so this all can be left behind.

As I see it, the problem with this is that those who think that everyone should ignore the existing game mechanic that allows cutting corners, etc. are essentially insisting that everyone else play the game by a ruleset that they themselves have created. It just isn't logical in my opinion. If it exists in a game, whether by design or accident, then it is fair game no matter how any individual players feel about it.

You know what I see? The people calling those who take advantage of the glitches cheaters want the lap detection fix. The top guys, like the BAM team, want the lap detection fixed. And the devs... you can for sure believe that they want the lap detection fixed.

AdM1: Not sure of this but I think that English is not BAM boycotz's first language and that something must have been lost in translation.

Snowowl
06-06-2015, 02:35
Once the proper updates are completed and issued for all to control the corner cutting, running through pit lanes, etc., the solution will be for the developers to wipe the leader board information and start with an even playing field.

PeoplesChampion
06-06-2015, 02:48
BAM Team, I respect your speed and respect for racing. I understand completely your desire to be the best. You guys fight hard and practice for thousandths of a second.. I get it. Really, I do.

However, and this is merely my opinion, if I was heading an online racing league, I would instruct my guys to make their best times cleanly. We might not be at the top. Hell, everybody that cut corners would probably beat us. There is one thing, though, that would make me feel better and that is that the teams that cut corners are exploiting loopholes and the teams that didn't, are not. There is no pretty way to say it. It IS corner cutting. Now, I'm sure you guys only did it to get your names up on the board and it would have driven you crazy to be down on the boards when slower people are cheating to beat you. Right? It's passion.. And I understand.

Listen, I know you guys are fast... Cutting corners or not. I get it. I don't agree at all with the Ban Bam post that was started the other day. You guys are passionate racers and we need that in this community.

For right now, though.. Can we call it what it is? It is corner cutting. I don't think, given the circumstances, that it is fair to call all parties, cheaters. There's going to be a day when the boundaries are fixed, the boards are wiped clean and only the best are up top. Until then, let's all get through this and respect one another.

nissan4ever
06-06-2015, 03:26
I am not trying to start an argument here before any haters jump into the comments section! I (BAM Boycotz) have finished 3rd & 4th in the last 2 sms-r events just below my team mates who finished above me & even I sit in awe at the speed of my guys, we have all worked so hard to achive what we have and we all think the corner cutting is a discrace, truth be told if we were not able to cut corners we would still have finished in the same position, take Silverstone for example.. We were at the top without the pitlane cheat and were still at the top once we decided to use the pitlane (I however refused to use the pitlane) So hockenheim for me was payback as my 3rd position at Silverstone was robbed by cheaters, 3 days of hard work gone in an instant.. How do you think I felt? , we are still human & we still give it our all to run the times we do. My guys are amazing and deserve everything they can achive through racing e-sports events weather we exploit the game or not (if the game allows exploitation on leaderboards) we do not cut in LEAUGE RACING... All the guys who slated us have just showed us dissrespect at the end of the day, we would do anything to help out thoes people in our community in need of help & if anyone needs help with setups or anything don't hesitate to ask but for heavens sake do not start silly threads asking for us to be banned ect ect, we are just like everyone else at the day and for some of us racing is all we have in life!
Hmmm, your group chose to use a glitch/cheat to get faster time at Silverstone. If it walks like a duck, it's a duck. Cheaters!

GRTfast
06-06-2015, 03:27
Cutting is cutting no matter how you slice it. (Punny huh?!)

PTG Greeksniper
06-06-2015, 05:56
BAM you are all cheaters and slow racers and have to cheat to beat us other fast drivers. You should all be banned for life from every racing game now and in the future you cheating disrespectful egotistic corner cutters !!!! lol (jokes :) )

FA RACING 01
06-06-2015, 06:41
Once the proper updates are completed and issued for all to control the corner cutting, running through pit lanes, etc., the solution will be for the developers to wipe the leader board information and start with an even playing field.

Snowowl - as from MS. Glad to see you around.

Stag
06-06-2015, 06:43
Hi. I started the Fred
You lot really shouldn't take life so seriously.
My ban bam title was actually a poor play on the flintstones. But sad for me only one poster noticed it.
Of course I don't think you should be banned. But you should be in with all the other megloteams(hackers)on seperate boards and comps .
Couple questions.
Why if your all such fair playing sim car loving types. Why is it so few use wheels and most hide details if you are helper to help others.
Until it's shown otherwise I do think your times are more than suspect and I will not accept them.
As I've suggested wheels leaderboards seperate from controllers as most dodgy goings come from pics controllers mouse IMO
I shouldn't have just singled you lot I agree,But it was the latest comp u had 7 in top 10 all on controllers. The few ghosts obviously using things not used by the vast majority .
Love without end
Stag

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 07:02
Your guys blame the false person. When the game allow to cut corners and drive trough pitlane and you can't handle with it than go to the devsdevs.start threads with the intention to ban people are outrageous. An equal in a hunt...

Stag
06-06-2015, 07:08
Here....helper
Pics......pcs
Sorry poor typing. To many killers for my busted foot.
But while I'm back ....the bans spent 3 days on this comp in a group huddle and announce it as hard work.I spent every dayof the comp digging my broken ankle into my brake pedal in agony to hit the 1.32s. But at least I used my own settings kept on track and didn't use no trickery.
Probably would have failed drug test though lol

nissan4ever
06-06-2015, 11:07
Your guys blame the false person. When the game allow to cut corners and drive trough pitlane and you can't handle with it than go to the devsdevs.start threads with the intention to ban people are outrageous. An equal in a hunt...

They chose to use the exploit. They cheated. Pretty clear cut. I know it's there, but I wouldn't do it because it's not right & cheating. PERIOD

browny8099
06-06-2015, 11:16
dude I would be very grateful for some setup assistance. I love the game and play with no assists at all, I prefer a more pointy setup, just get it to the apex and then sort it out after, I have understeer. When the car is setup nicely for me then the game is just amazing, when it isn't though I just don't have the knowledge to sort it out, like Cole trickle on days of Thunder lol. Anyway some tips would be amazing if you would be so kind, understand if you don't reply though, bet you have had loads of request. Keep up the good work, maybe catch you out on track one day (just hope it's not because I'm being blue flagged :-)

TrevorAustin
06-06-2015, 11:18
Exactly what i posted in the other thread, not sure why it's started again?

In short you either live by the values and spirit of true sportsmanship like gary player or you win at all costs like the current cheating diving footballers or michael schumacher. I know who I'd rather be. But doesn't matter much to me personally as I'll never top the leaderboards either way :)

RetroNooB
06-06-2015, 11:21
They chose to use the exploit. They cheated. Pretty clear cut. I know it's there, but I wouldn't do it because it's not right & cheating. PERIOD

Given the fact a member of BAM has openly admitted the group exploits cheats/glitches(same thing tbh), then the only thing to rectify this is to fix all track glitches and sort out penalties as far as offending corners are considered (Au Rouge for example) then reset all leaderboards effectively stripping all exploiters of glitched times.

morphee7
06-06-2015, 11:22
right ok.... you say your here to help others i have messaged two of your guys on the xbone for some tuning advice and had no reply from any and i used to be very passionate about racing games god i used to live on the forzas until you had no chance of getting near the top with all the glitches and modders i blame the younger generation for needing things to be easy as they dont work hard to achieve there goals i really am tempted to give up gaming now because the MLG seem to now allow modded pads to compete with

BorisTheFrog
06-06-2015, 11:27
If it's the same BAM from FMS4 and FMS5 then I have no issue with them at all because at the end of the day it's just the same old story...

"if you are quick you must be cheating because I am the best in the world and I can't keep up with you"

No, good luck to them - their leaderboard times from FMS are there to be seen.

The only real problem I have ever had with BAM (and a Dutch racing team that I can't remember the name of) was the tactical kick voting from FMS4. Just because we chose to drive a Chevvy Spark (Class E and F) doesn't really give others the right to kick vote en masse because they choose not to drive one.

daddyboosive
06-06-2015, 13:06
A cheat is a cheat regardless. Yeh in qualifying session or a race with friends, maybe yes. But on an official leader board or event. They shouldn't be counted. It reminds me of the idiots that spoilt the leaderboards on PGR3 buy wall riding.

Exocet
06-06-2015, 13:15
Comes on, claims 'We are not cheaters'.
Moans about people beating him by using an exploit and calls them cheats.
Uses exploit to beat others and says he and other members of his 'clan' aren't cheaters.

I think there maybe a village missing it's idiot.

PTG Claret
06-06-2015, 13:25
There's going to be a lot of disappointed haters on here soon.

What are you all going to do when the track limits are fixed, and BAM, as per usual, are still top of the boards?

I've raced with them. I normally destroy any public lobby, yet these guys 9/10 timed leave me in the dust. No cheating. No cutting. No ramming. Just clean.

By the reckoning of some in here, the top 1000 players on FM5 should be banned for cutting au rouge.

Stag
06-06-2015, 13:31
I like what morphee says
Here to help lmao. Has anyone been helped I doubt Some even hide that they used a controller let alone ghosts so you can't see them reversing down pit lanes or whatever.
Complete joke.
Like I said put them in their own fantasy leagues with their customised controllers and track scanners on their own and BAN teams or have a separate board. 100 on to 1 isn't fair and that's the biggest cheat of all.

PTG Claret
06-06-2015, 13:33
Also, the devs and Tester should hang there heads in shame with regards to this topic. What have they been doing in testing for the last few years? Driving round giving each other high fives and a pat on the back? Apparently not finding out the track limits of a racing game anyway......

PTG Greeksniper
06-06-2015, 13:45
This thread should be closed. I feel like some BAM members wont be able to sleep tonight as their ego has been damaged with this corner cutting/cheat threads lol it must be getting to them lol

Umer Ahmad
06-06-2015, 14:29
Also, the devs and Tester should hang there heads in shame with regards to this topic. What have they been doing in testing for the last few years? Driving round giving each other high fives and a pat on the back? Apparently not finding out the track limits of a racing game anyway......
No one at WMD/SMS is ashamed. 110% cut detection wasnt the top priority. We found some and made adjustments but there was generally an "honor code" of sorts during the pre-release league racing that doesnt exist in public. It's something that can and will be adjusted in patches.

Pink_650S
06-06-2015, 14:44
What are you all going to do when the track limits are fixed, and BAM, as per usual, are still top of the boards?.

I will stop thinking of them as cheaters.
And thats all this thread is about.
I dont think anyone denies their speed, but for now they're cheaters, plain and simple.

GRD 4 3L
06-06-2015, 15:36
I have no doubt that BAM is one of the fastest group of people, no doubt; with or without corner cutting.

But there is no honor to be had cutting corners intentionally and certainly are perpetuating the idea that corner cutting is OK in Time Trials.

Is the Time Trial a place where one goes to gauge oneself and seek improvements? How can this be accomplished if the rules are different for certain people?

FA RACING 01
06-06-2015, 15:49
I have no doubt that BAM is one of the fastest group of people, no doubt; with or without corner cutting.

But there is no honor to be had cutting corners intentionally and certainly are perpetuating the idea that corner cutting is OK in Time Trials.

Is the Time Trial a place where one goes to gauge oneself and seek improvements? How can this be accomplished if the rules are different for certain people?

This thread is still way over my head as I still dont understand why the BAM's are singled out as cheaters. I've just spent 3 hours on Oulton Park in the Clio event ((XBox). All the BAM's had ghosts and I've followed the top 5 of them. None of them have cut any corners or pulled some fancy trick. Most of them were too fast for me, but I could stay in range too see they keep well inside the limits.

By the way - now the SDL guys dont have ghosts - are they now gonna be called cheaters too. That would be funny.

Stag
06-06-2015, 15:51
New comp at oulton.
A bamboy at the top with ghost. His Clio hurtles off the line full nitrous pack like its on runners straight across grass first bend and off into the distance. Couldn't bear to watch no more but that's like no Clio on this planet.

Stag
06-06-2015, 15:52
Sdl Cheaters

Stag
No ghost .....no time I say

Dorny
There are two different groups of peoples

1. People that play the game as a simulator and try to be realistic as possible or as the game is intended.

2. People that play the game and use anything defined in that game to their advantage. They play the game mechanics and will use any bugs/glitches and features the game allows. That's why they are called Alien drivers. They play the game rather than realism.

They can only "cheat" as much as the game allows them.

I'm currently playing Killing Floor 2 and its already full of people abusing glitches in the mechanics and bugs in the levels and ai to gain an advantage.

The only way to cure it is for the game to clam down on these exploits.

Stag
06-06-2015, 16:11

But there is no honor to be had cutting corners intentionally and certainly are perpetuating the idea that corner cutting is OK in Time Trials

I have serious doubts that if separated from their team ,pc ,tweaked up controllers .and using a normal wheel they would get anywhere near the places they get.
They gain seconds at some bends and hardly seem to brake at most.
Anyway this has to be the best car sim on earth even with the problems .

JessicaWalter
06-06-2015, 16:12
damn, this whole time i thought "alien drivers" meant they were just really on point with almost extraterrestrial racing skills. never knew they were cheaters. :(

PTG Claret
06-06-2015, 16:45
I have serious doubts that if separated from their team ,pc ,tweaked up controllers .and using a normal wheel they would get anywhere near the places they get.

Wow.

You really are one bitter, butt hurt individual. Would you care to elaborate what tweaked controllers and not normal steering wheels you are accusing them of using on their xboxes?

You complain they gain seconds round a corner? This translates basically to "they're faster than me, and I cant catch them. So I'm going to log into a forum and rage post repeatedly trying to get them banned for driving what the game deems a legal Lap.

The game was released broken. The devs and " testers" in their infinite wisdom decided to knowingly release a game, and a full on hot lap competition, into a mega competitive environment where people will always look to push the boundries of what is legal and what is not.

Pick up your teddy and grow up.

Ch1ps N Queso
06-06-2015, 16:47
I for one do not care if guys cut to compete. If SMS is going to setup a challenge with flawed boundaries all participants should be able to navigate the circuit via the fastest allowable path and not get flack for it.

That said, I will not take part in any leaderboard challenges/time trials/etc, that require me to cut track and use exploits. It's just not fun for me. I do understand why the more competitive folks do it, though.

PTG Claret
06-06-2015, 16:57
No one at WMD/SMS is ashamed. 110% cut detection wasnt the top priority. We found some and made adjustments but there was generally an "honor code" of sorts during the pre-release league racing that doesnt exist in public. It's something that can and will be adjusted in patches.

And yet it was released to the public though - not just made for people to do league racing. Leading to this continuation of an already locked thread.

I hope they just burry up and patch the track limits sooner rather than later. Hopefully it sneaks into the next patch, which I doubt.

oscarolim
06-06-2015, 17:02
The problem is not that BAM might cut corners. The problem is that other cutting corners can't catch them so they come here whine. So sad.

Stag
06-06-2015, 17:02
Wow.

You really are one bitter, butt hurt individual. Would you care to elaborate what tweaked controllers and not normal steering wheels you are accusing them of using on their xboxes?

You complain they gain seconds round a corner? This translates basically to "they're faster than me, and I cant catch them. So I'm going to log into a forum and rage post repeatedly trying to get them banned for driving what the game deems a legal Lap.

The game was released broken. The devs and " testers" in their infinite wisdom decided to knowingly release a game, and a full on hot lap competition, into a mega competitive environment where people will always look to push the boundries of what is legal and what is not.

Pick up your teddy and grow up.
Thx for the advice much needed.
Firstly I don't care if they are banned or not. Just separated with others the same.
Bitter ..not me. I'm just passing the time after a bike accident I play for fun unlike these teams that even have bank accounts to share the prize money they may plunder.
I don't know anyone in teams but I don't like the smug elitist haven't we got big weapons attitude they have. Just like this op. Our president is in talks with the game makers kind of rubbish.
While some may like to tell them how wonderful they are that's not for me and I'm not sorry.

vglnte102
06-06-2015, 17:04
It's a video game....is this a real post?!?! Haha haha

PTG Claret
06-06-2015, 17:12
So rather than just allow people to structure their teams how they like, and play the game in the way they want, sharing the fun with a group of like minded individuals, Making the most of the Xbox live "community", so well in fact that they are able to make money from it, you want to come on here because you have nothing better to do, accusing them of using modded controllers and wheels, which are illegal, and calling for them to be banned/separated because you can't catch them?

Bore off.

V12 GForce1
06-06-2015, 18:38
Correct me if I am mistaken. Is exploitation actually cheating ?
All the claims of people cheating are strange to me. If the game allows some corners to be cut, is that really cheating ?
Is the game cheating the player by allowing this to happen ? Surely the player cannot be blamed for the game allowing it to happen.
I believe the track detection needs looking at and tightening somewhat.
Then a full leaderboard wipe across every class and track.
You can guarantee the fast guys who want to be in the top ten again... will be

Miker
06-06-2015, 20:26
here's my take on it...no its not cheating as the game as it stands allows you to do it, but...

It's not in the spirit of the game, the devs didn't deliberately make it so you could drive down pit lanes or straight through chicanes, but it has some flaws so if being top of the leaderboard, regardless of how you do is what you aim for...fair enough, but its not how the game was intended to be played.

Where is is frustrating for for casual racer like me, I just did a few TT laps, I'm on 78th on the board but 10 seconds of the no1 spot...I've got no idea if I'm really 10 seconds off the pace and if I can find that through better tuning, better racing etc or whether I am just 3 seconds off on a legitimate lap time...got no idea unless i watch all the ghost above me to see who Im really competing against.

Its kinda like legal highs, the law can't keep up with them so they are not illegal...doesn't make them OK though.

wearymick
07-06-2015, 00:43
New comp at oulton.
A bamboy at the top with ghost. His Clio hurtles off the line full nitrous pack like its on runners straight across grass first bend and off into the distance. Couldn't bear to watch no more but that's like no Clio on this planet.

You should be able to hit 1.48s clean. There's your benchmark. If you can't do that then you aren't competitive anyway, so stop moaning in these threads and start practising on the track.

Umer Ahmad
07-06-2015, 01:22
here's my take on it...no its not cheating as the game as it stands allows you to do it, but...

It's not in the spirit of the game, the devs didn't deliberately make it so you could drive down pit lanes or straight through chicanes, but it has some flaws so if being top of the leaderboard, regardless of how you do is what you aim for...fair enough, but its not how the game was intended to be played.

Where is is frustrating for for casual racer like me, I just did a few TT laps, I'm on 78th on the board but 10 seconds of the no1 spot...I've got no idea if I'm really 10 seconds off the pace and if I can find that through better tuning, better racing etc or whether I am just 3 seconds off on a legitimate lap time...got no idea unless i watch all the ghost above me to see who Im really competing against.

Its kinda like legal highs, the law can't keep up with them so they are not illegal...doesn't make them OK though.
I'd say use the AI (in the dry) as your metric, they're more consistent and apparently do not cut as badly as some ofthe leaderboard toppers. You're aiming to be competetive with AI Strength at 80-90%

Vitamin R
07-06-2015, 01:36

o2R Dsquared 07
07-06-2015, 01:39

Get a grip. Give yourself a shake, man. You sound pathetic and sore. The ONLY fair way to play these hot lap competitions is to use all of the available track permitted by the game. If we play on honour, how do we know someone didn't take and extra foot of curb on a chicane or ran an extra foot wide on corner exit to gain half a tenth? It's a competition and the only way to be fair is that everyone uses whatever the game permits, then we're all equal.

DIXON76
07-06-2015, 01:46
So rather than just allow people to structure their teams how they like, and play the game in the way they want, sharing the fun with a group of like minded individuals, Making the most of the Xbox live "community", so well in fact that they are able to make money from it, you want to come on here because you have nothing better to do, accusing them of using modded controllers and wheels, which are illegal, and calling for them to be banned/separated because you can't catch them?

Bore off. E-Sports, so what racing game is that then ?[<edit,read your post again,my bad] and lol at you Boycotz sooo Angry hehe!

bc525
07-06-2015, 02:07
I've read several comments claiming that players are cutting through the pit lane at Silverstone. Is that really true? Personally I haven't witnessed that or taken the time to verify that it is occurring, but if it's true then that's cheating in my opinion. Regardless if the game allows a player to do that, I fully understand that I would be cheating if I were to race through the pit lane in order to post a quicker lap time. I mean, c'mon we're not children, that's taking it too far.

Slightly cutting corners or jamming straight through chicanes is one thing, but blatantly racing through the pit lane is crossing the line of fair play.

Zippy_McFunshine
07-06-2015, 06:01
Isn't BAM a French team?

Never trust the French.

PTG Claret
07-06-2015, 06:04
Isn't BAM a French team?

Never trust the French.

Now your just being racist.

FA RACING 01
07-06-2015, 06:07
Isn't BAM a French team?

Never trust the French.

Ouch!

FA RACING 01
07-06-2015, 06:12
You should be able to hit 1.48s clean. There's your benchmark. If you can't do that then you aren't competitive anyway, so stop moaning in these threads and start practising on the track.

Then I cant take part in this discussion as I'm stuck on 1:51.2xx. Off to find some ghosts to chase.

nwrlchargerl
07-06-2015, 06:17
Of course it matters @umer ahmad. Forums are about discussions on how go resolve a solution imo. NWR came from grid autosport to play project cars and the amount of abuse we got on there were unreal, we're a very hated team for being virtually unbeatable.

I can understand where your coming from bam, can understand slightly why others wouldn't but some people are just to proud to take corner cuts to keep up with competition in the leaderboards. It's one thing corner cutting in a time trial, heck, if one person does it it'd only reasonable to cut them corners just to have that first place, but to cut a corner in a race because you can't keep up is a different story. One guy yesterday that plays alongside your team decided that cutting the chicane on imola was a good idea, the only problem is, he smashed me and a few others off the track in the process and ruined our race. Ruins the experience.

MysterG
07-06-2015, 06:56
Isn't BAM a French team?

Never trust the French.

Unacceptable.
Please refrain from such posts.

Stag
07-06-2015, 08:01
Harsh,but that's me out then ,as despite having done many reality laps at oulton I doubt I will even get to 1.50 on proc even with your recommendation of practice. A failure in reality as well as sim that's me
So the word will not be my weapon anymore.

MXR SMILER
07-06-2015, 09:10
Good Morning Judge, No , My plea is Innocent cause they let me do it and I had to have it. IDIOTS

MULTIVITZ
07-06-2015, 09:33
Boycotz is one of the cleanest racers you'll ever meet. He gets his setups exactly as he likes, then practices until he's happy with it. When you're truly throwing your car down the road you will run wide. Let's stop this stupid snipping until the patch arrives, please, its early days.

CQR Cobblepop
07-06-2015, 11:59
Harsh,but that's me out then ,as despite having done many reality laps at oulton I doubt I will even get to 1.50 on proc even with your recommendation of practice. A failure in reality as well as sim that's me
So the word will not be my weapon anymore.

Don't be too hard on yourself dude, I couldn't do a 'clean' 1:48 at this track either and I finished 3rd in the last Clio TT.

The problem with this circuit is not so much 'cutting' but 'extending' the track. There are several run off zones which can easily be exploited by running all 4 wheels off-track, thus allowing more speed to be carried on corner exit.

If people thought the argument against corner cutting was difficult, try convincing someone that extending the track is just as bad and amounts to the exact same lack of moral responsibility and thus, sportsmanship.

SpeedFreakDTM
07-06-2015, 14:00
Of course it matters @umer ahmad. Forums are about discussions on how go resolve a solution imo. NWR came from grid autosport to play project cars and the amount of abuse we got on there were unreal, we're a very hated team for being virtually unbeatable.

I have played most of the Codemaster games, I played Autosport for a little while, but not for very long. There was too much crashing and every lobby seemed to have some team shouting at another team. Very funny to listen too at times, but I got bored with the crashing and moved to Forza.

I just looked on Youtube for "BAM e-sport race", and for "NWR race", there a few vids of BAM guys racing pretty damn well, and some interesting ones of NWR.

wearymick
07-06-2015, 14:02
Lol, given the generous run-offs, I'd call keeping two wheels either on or inside the rumble 'clean' at Oulton Park. Turn one is the hardest as it draws the car wide. The other three meshed run-offs can be relatively easily avoided, in fact the third is pretty much a death trap for wheel users. Making full use of them is worth upwards of a second a lap in this class, which does indeed pose a moral dilemma for some.

RetroNooB
07-06-2015, 14:10
There's going to be a lot of disappointed haters on here soon.

What are you all going to do when the track limits are fixed, and BAM, as per usual, are still top of the boards?

I've raced with them. I normally destroy any public lobby, yet these guys 9/10 timed leave me in the dust. No cheating? No cutting? No ramming. Just clean?

Im just curious as to the fact they cheat by use of glitches/cutting corners ect, then what other cheats/mods they employ?

Cheating is cheating no matter what you call it, they should be investigated further!

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 14:16
Bam have just PM'd me admitting to not just being cheaters, but killing kittens.

nwrlchargerl
07-06-2015, 14:18
Simple solution, patch all corner cuts, make the game a lot stricter, wipe the leaderboards completely clean to. And if people want to run dirty lap times then at least look into notifying people on the leaderboards. Forza for example, dirty lap = exclamation mark next to position.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 14:18
Please give it a rest guys. The cut track rules are being worked on diligently.

SpeedFreakDTM
07-06-2015, 14:22
Please, somebody...........Think of the kittens.

MULTIVITZ
07-06-2015, 14:29
Can we keep the run offs? Can we have the two tyres on the road rule? Can we have intellegent obstacle detection? Can we save the kittens? Only time will tell. This games gonna be a patch work quilt, until the sequel!

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 14:31
Can we keep the run offs? Can we have the two tyres on the road rule? Can we have intellegent obstacle detection? Can we save the kittens? Only time will tell. This games gonna be a patch work quilt, until the sequel!

Joking aside, we have code that measures whether you have gained time beyond what should otherwise have been possible on track, by going off track.

I think it got cocked up in the mix somewhere.

Mods, add it to my list please.

Aldo Zampatti
07-06-2015, 14:42
Joking aside, we have code that measures whether you have gained time beyond what should otherwise have been possible on track, by going off track.

I think it got cocked up in the mix somewhere.

Mods, add it to my list please.

Done

fangiojr
07-06-2015, 15:35
BAM

Nobody thinks you are cheating, just that you are slimey group for having all your guys on top yet running your turns off the course. That nobody has the will power in your group to try and turn a fast lap without running way off what would be allowed in a real race. Hey some people like simulation and racing, some people like winning anyway they can and to treat the game like an arcade childrens game.

If that is what you need to do to put down a fast lap so be it.

I only came across you guys by trying to use a couple of your ghosts since they were in the top 10, but I IMMEDIATELY RESTARTED once I saw you weren't racing in the spirit of the course, and were only gaining time by taking such far out lines that I simply refuse to do because I know running 4+ car lengths over the rumble strips is off course. Basically you aren't cheating, just taking advantage of a known exploit in the game which allows you to run way off course.

I do have to say it is really irritating that pcars allows 100% grip that far out on the track. It really kills the realism and allows clubs like BAM to pretty much screw up the game.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 15:38
BAM

Nobody thinks you are cheating, just that you are slimey group for having all your guys on top yet running your turns off the course. That nobody has the will power in your group to try and turn a fast lap without running way off what would be allowed in a real race. Hey some people like simulation and racing, some people like winning anyway they can and to treat the game like an arcade childrens game.

If that is what you need to do to put down a fast lap so be it.

I only came across you guys by trying to use a couple of your ghosts since they were in the top 10, but I IMMEDIATELY RESTARTED once I saw you weren't racing in the spirit of the course, and were only gaining time by taking such far out lines that I simply refuse to do because I know running 4+ car lengths over the rumble strips is off course.

Come on guys, no need to get personal.

I'm closing this now.