PDA

View Full Version : So I've lost my career data haven't I? [PC]

BJ4DESIGN
06-06-2015, 01:25
So I have really been enjoying playing Project Cars, awesome game and having a great time!

I started a career and won Renault Clio Cup, Formula Gulf, Historic Touring Car Trophy and Go Kart Invitational championships. I had 4 different GT4 contract offers ready and while I was reading/considering my options my PC crashed and restarted.
Now when I select Career or Load/Delete windows in the main menu the game locks up and I cannot even exit the game (only way out is to restart the PC). My driver profile still shows all of the wins/results I acquired in my career but the Career window does not show a current career in progress. When I open Load/Delete option I can see a saved file but when I select it the game locks up.

So, I guess I have lost all of my career data haven't I?
Does anyone have a way I can recover my saved game or am I just out of luck?

Bit disappointed as I spent a few hours getting to that point and I have to start all over again *sadface

Umer Ahmad
06-06-2015, 01:39
Dont delete the file. There may be a way later to use it once they figure out the issue

Hondo
06-06-2015, 02:40
Hi Guys,

I am too having issues getting back to my career mode for some reason. I didnt have crash or anything and I get slightly different error message. See below.

and if i click in break, i get the following....

Is there anyway to fix it? I'm in 5th season and there is no way I can start my career from the beginning. Any help is greatly appreciate

Thanks.

Hondo
08-06-2015, 23:56
Anyone got any idea for my above issues.

Any devs around?

Cosmos
10-08-2015, 08:53
I had the game crash and shutdown during career qualifying session... well over 400h spent collecting accolades and unlocking all the invitational events.
When restarting ProjectCARS - my profile was reset. I was asked to do the initial selection novice/amateur/pro.

I too would like some input from developers on how to go about this.
It is somewhat frustrating to find out, after the problem have occured - that as a user of ProjectCARS it's my own responsibility to do backups of ingame progress.

Don't know if developers will come across and read this post. As a customer it would be for me unthinkable to even consider buying ProjectCARS 2 if this basic backup issue isn't met with a statement or response.

Kind regards
/Marcus

TrevorAustin
10-08-2015, 09:31
I had the game crash and shutdown during career qualifying session... well over 400h spent collecting accolades and unlocking all the invitational events.
When restarting ProjectCARS - my profile was reset. I was asked to do the initial selection novice/amateur/pro.

I too would like some input from developers on how to go about this.
It is somewhat frustrating to find out, after the problem have occured - that as a user of ProjectCARS it's my own responsibility to do backups of ingame progress.

Don't know if developers will come across and read this post. As a customer it would be for me unthinkable to even consider buying ProjectCARS 2 if this basic backup issue isn't met with a statement or response.

Kind regards
/Marcus

Afraid you probably have. Had it happen a few times, but I don't play career so just a bit of an irritation, but I can imagine how annoying if you have been doing.

I've written a short script to copy my profile every boot to protect against that, not that that will help you any.

NemethR
10-08-2015, 10:31
Unfortunately yes.

I lost it once, since then I do backup the save file every time I run the game.
Did not have any issues since tough, but its better to fear, then to be suprised.

Sorry for your loss man :(

Cosmos
12-08-2015, 15:55
Thanks for your feedback TrevorAustin and NemethR.

I have now started enjoying the driving-experience in ProjectCARS once again.

However, this time around I regard the career-building and achievements as false advertising for the game and only achieveable with "luck" (as in having an unstable product not acting up and erase current progress).

So... I'll enjoy the actual driving aspect of the game and give way to modern market economics, where sloppiness writing code only consequence are small letters in a forum post like this.

Kind regards (to those who happen read this post)
/marcus