PDA

View Full Version : New PC gamer downloading Project cars now!!!

Johnny_LS3
06-06-2015, 01:46
Hello all I have been a console gamer for all my life. 30 years. I decided to give the whole PC gaming a go and today got my new Alienware Area 51. It has the i7 5820, GTX 980 and 32gb of ram. I should hope that I wont have any trouble running the game on max settings. I have played and LOVED all of the Forza games EXCEPT Forza 5 and still love the GT games waiting for GT7. The videos I have watched of this game look absolutely amazing and I cant wait! I just ordered a G27 from amazon and wont have it until Tuesday so in the mean time I will be using the controller. What are the best settings for a Xbox controller in the mean time?

PS if anyone wants to chat and show me the ropes my steam is carlagracie1 but I go by Detroit. Im a guy I dont know what I was thinking using my wifes name LOL!!

clevo8
06-06-2015, 04:12
Welcome! I have struggled to get things going and have done my first laps today! I couldn't get my pedals calibrated but the guys in the community have been awesome. The WMD (World mass development} members are really clued up. Their names are in gold so you can spot them. If I can help you in any way, let me know!

Morgan Henstridge
06-06-2015, 04:22
Welcome aboard Detroit,

This post Here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23167-Best-Control-Pad-Settings-All-Formats) has a lot of good info on Control Pad setup.

See you on the track :)

BullWinkle
06-06-2015, 13:04
I can't offer you much help on your controller setup, but when you get your G27 I highly recommend you visit this link to properly setup your wheel. (first post).
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE&p=884780&viewfull=1#post884780
Also, get Jack Spades vehicle FFB setup files., and enjoy a great experience.:)

lgs510_x64.exe @ http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g27-racing-wheel
TIP. Before starting Project Cars, make sure the Profiler software is started up first. There has been issues of it taking focus away from pCARS on startup.

Liquid_Drummer
06-06-2015, 15:33
There will be a learning curve as you adapt and learn what to do with the all of the extra settings you have in general pc gaming. Graphics settings in your vid drivers, in the game, etc.. It can be overwhelming when it's new. Hang in there because once you learn what all that crap does the ability to customize your experience becomes more clear and the real benefit of PC gaming becomes more obvious. It's a lot easier now that it was a few years ago ! Now most games will see an xbox 360 pad, treat it correctly with the proper button layouts and button icons. You may like steam big picture mode a lot at 1st too. Good luck !

Liquid_Drummer
06-06-2015, 15:38
BTW, even with a 980 watch getting carried away with the reflection and environment mapping settings. On ultra they are quite heavy and really a bit over the top. Perfect for screen shots but when your racing it's hard to tell the difference and you are better off with a lower setting. Rain and particle count is another big one. Ultra rain and particles looks very nice but it will beat your card down. Shoot for the mid ground on most settings. Coming from console it's all gonna look great.