PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Is there any way to assign 2 actions to the steering wheel?

Mackraken
06-06-2015, 03:06
Im trying to assign the steering wheel axis to look and turn at the same time.
On real driving you never have your view fixed to the front, so a trick like this improves realism significantly without the need of occulus or trackir.
All racing games i can think of allows this by tweaking the input config file.

Where are project cars inputs located? if its binary, is there an editor to modify them?.

Thanks in advance.

Morgan Henstridge
06-06-2015, 04:12
There is a cockpit view that includes head movement and look to apex, which is configurable in the menus.

Mackraken
06-06-2015, 11:43
Thanks Morgan, at 100 the effect is very subttle but i guess it would do.

Any chance we can modify the input config file?

Mahjik
06-06-2015, 14:22
Any chance we can modify the input config file?

No, you cannot directly. I'm sure after sometime, some modders will decode it, but it's not something that is intended to be directly altered.

Mackraken
06-06-2015, 19:46
Thanks to clear that out mahjik.

I understand that default.sav is not intended to be modified, not to cheat the game progress maybe?, but inputs has nothing to do with that so ideally these settings should be on an xml file like the graphics configuration, just like any other racing simulator does.

Morgan Henstridge
06-06-2015, 21:54
Thanks to clear that out mahjik.

I understand that default.sav is not intended to be modified, not to cheat the game progress maybe?, but inputs has nothing to do with that so ideally these settings should be on an xml file like the graphics configuration, just like any other racing simulator does.

I'm not sure if it would even be something in the Default.sav file.

That probably just says if you are 0 to 100, but the amount that moves the view in-game is probably hard coded in the game elsewhere.

Mackraken
07-06-2015, 01:16
Im not sure if inputs are stored at default.sav but its the best candidate, since ive look in every user folder without finding anything. It makes sense if you are gonna upload your profile online but what it doesnt is not being able to tweak the inputs.

Actually if you assign Look Left/Right to the steering wheel (Axis +X/-X) it works like a charm by default, customization would be great of course. Just saying that its a shame we are not allowed to tweak like that by now.

As Mahjik said, with a little luck, someone more experienced would find a way. Ill keep trying things, maybe tweaking with the Logitech Profiler. Thanks

Mahjik
07-06-2015, 02:54
Im not sure if inputs are stored at default.sav but its the best candidate

They are...