PDA

View Full Version : Old Habits Die Hard

Charles Gillen
06-06-2015, 03:17
In my world anyway. Having been racing on Forza for so long, I find that after four to five laps my driving seems to drop off to an alarming degree.

I can qualify fine and run laps in practice all night long. But once the race starts I seem to have about five good laps in me then my times start to drop. Not a lot at first, but it's noticeable after seven to ten laps. I'm racing with my controller so it's not a physical tiredness. It seems my attention span has been dumbed down to three lap races.

I'm sure I'll get better at longer races but it's frustrating to know that I've allowed myself to become conditioned to the short run. Good thing is I have all the time I need, and thats the fun of every racing title I've ever played.

Charles

kjay
06-06-2015, 03:50
You can use telemetry to compare your laps to determine what you are doing differently. You can compare your driving lines, throttle and brake usage among other things. You should give it a try.

Goldenballs2003
06-06-2015, 08:35
Tires overheating? Car dynamic changing as fuel load decreases? Could be more to it. Or could just be your attention span lol.

ao1977
06-06-2015, 08:47
You can use telemetry to compare your laps to determine what you are doing differently. You can compare your driving lines, throttle and brake usage among other things. You should give it a try.

I guess this is for PC and additional apps only, right? Or is this feature also available on X1 and I just didn't find it? ;)

Charles Gillen
06-06-2015, 10:03
You know, I hadnt thought about tires and fuel usage. Makes sense though. I'll have to run a race with telemetry on and check it out. Thanks for the advice.

Charles

milliotseb
06-06-2015, 20:13
I just drove quickly FM5 today and I was surprised by the lack of feedback concerning the braking ;) Thanks Pcars update 1.3 for giving me good braking feedback

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 20:29
You know, I hadnt thought about tires and fuel usage. Makes sense though. I'll have to run a race with telemetry on and check it out. Thanks for the advice.

Charles

Yup Goldenballs is right, its the car "dynamic" changing throughout the race, some races i lose up to 1 second a lep by the end of the 10 laps

Franco Ferrari
06-06-2015, 20:34
Charles

Or disable tire and fuel usage and see if your timing remains constant.