PDA

View Full Version : News on DLC and "Coming Soon"

LeRenard242
06-06-2015, 12:43
Where can we find the official news on the upcoming DLC packs and the "Coming Soon" slots that you can see in the menus?
Loving the game, really, it's fun and challenging! But I just find it difficult to get info from the company/comunity around this topic...

Elmo
06-06-2015, 12:46
There isn't anything officially announced yet. My suggestion is to keep a close eye on the News & Announcement Forum (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?119-News-amp-Announcements) and the Project Cars official website next week :)

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 08:30
Where can we find the official news on the upcoming DLC packs and the "Coming Soon" slots that you can see in the menus?
Loving the game, really, it's fun and challenging! But I just find it difficult to get info from the company/comunity around this topic...

We want it to be a surprise. This has been stated about 5 times now.

NemethR
22-06-2015, 08:58
There isn't anything officially announced yet. My suggestion is to keep a close eye on the News & Announcement Forum (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?119-News-amp-Announcements) and
the Project Cars official website next week :)

Hmm... 7 times to sleep... But is I do a 24h Race, then only 6...

Elmo
22-06-2015, 09:53
Hmm... 7 times to sleep... But is I do a 24h Race, then only 6...

If you look at the post date this was hinting the release of the Racing Icons Pack :)

AngelBrow
22-06-2015, 10:04
We want it to be a surprise. This has been stated about 5 times now.

You can lead a horse to water... but it doesnt mean he will drink.

Same situation here i guess.

ferretfing
22-06-2015, 10:23
Here's a crazy radical idea....how about fixing the current game before trying to extract even more money from people? Why are people so eager to throw money at unfinished products? It's a trend that's getting worse & I don't like it....it's like buying a chair with 3 legs with the promise that the 4th will turn up at some point but while you're waiting please buy our cushion that fits nicely on it :eek-new:

Siberian Tiger
22-06-2015, 10:24
Here's a crazy radical idea....how about fixing the current game before trying to extract even more money from people? Why are people so eager to throw money at unfinished products? It's a trend that's getting worse & I don't like it....it's like buying a chair with 3 legs with the promise that the 4th will turn up at some point but while you're waiting please buy our cushion that fits nicely on it :eek-new:

Here is a crazy radical answer:

The Devs which are creating NEW Content CAN'T Fix Coding Bugs ;)
These are 2 seperate Shoes...

And you can enjoy new cars even when there are some Bugs left in the Core Game :)

ferretfing
22-06-2015, 10:32
To help them get a move on fixing it all DLC should be free until the game works 100% then:p ........I'm a patient older guy & won't part with a penny more until I'm totally happy with the product - the foundations are there but I didn't pay for just foundations Mr Tiger, it's hard to give reasons/excuses for the game to be in its current state after being so long in development + huge delays on top of that. I am enjoying what parts of the game that are playable though:friendly_wink:

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 10:34

No, that's not crazy or radical. It's what all of those with no clue about development have stated about 20 times here so far.

momotaone
22-06-2015, 10:42
No, that's not crazy or radical. It's what all of those with no clue about development have stated about 20 times here so far.

Well, just to clarify few things:
I'm a developer of software and of course I'm responsible for new features also as responsible for fixing issues / bugs in software already released.
So the correct words would be "all of those with no clue about SMS way of development"...

Please don't mix up the whole software-development with your way of work.

Thanks in advance.

sergiumtz
22-06-2015, 10:45

No fanboy here, no money in the game and if you go through my last started topics, you will find a few that are pretty bad about this game...... ON XBOX ONE. Freezes, crashes, online was dog crap, etc.

So, because I really like this game, I just went on and bought a PS4, JUST for this game, swapped the consoles. It freezes every now and then, but the experience IS WAY BETTER NOW.

I'd rather be 'oh eff it, frozed again for a splitsecond' and enjoy the realism (as much as a game can provide that) than have a... finished product like Horizon 2 or Forza which are indeed dog crap in terms of realism. They will sort out everything, i have more faith in SMS than in the big publishers. Why? Because everyone love money, and these dudes i think are aware that the best way to get money from us is to deliver good games so I do think they will make everything work as best as possible.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 10:46
Well, just to clarify few things:
I'm a developer of software also, and of course I'm responsible for new features also as responsible for fixing issues / bugs in software already released.
So the correct words would be "all of those with no clue about SMS way of development"...

Please don't mix up the whole software-development with your way of work.

Thanks in advance.

The way we work is the way most big teams work (we have 128 people here). They have departments.

The department that worked on tweaking the audio levels in the last patch weren't in any way involved in the creation of new circuits.

The department that worked on creating marketing materials for the DLC plans over the next year were not involved in the render optimisation...

Crucially, bug fixing is 99% code. Our new content is 99% assets... Can you see the difference?

Neil Bateman
22-06-2015, 10:59
The way we work is the way most big teams work (we have 128 people here). They have departments.

The department that worked on tweaking the audio levels in the last patch weren't in any way involved in the creation of new circuits.

The department that worked on creating marketing materials for the DLC plans over the next year were not involved in the render optimisation...

Crucially, bug fixing is 99% code. Our new content is 99% assets... Can you see the difference?

I really have no idea why your having to explain this again.

Its like building a house from start to finish, would you expect the bricklayer to jump in and help with the electrics?

Eric Bergeret
22-06-2015, 11:06

Its like building a house from start to finish, would you expect the bricklayer to jump in and help with the electrics?
Just like he says :p

momotaone
22-06-2015, 11:06

Well, this may be the way "most big teams work", but this is not the way ALL and every way of developing is working.
This is all what I was writing and even with your huge explanation its nothing changing on that fact.
And If you mixing up my post with the post of other guys, this is even also not my fault.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:07

It's becoming more difficult to explain it time and time again in a calm way.

The reason I bit here again is that this chap tells me he's a developer and that's how they work. I can only imagine they only employ 'all rounders'.

[Edit, and he's still at it... ]

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:08
Well, this may be the way "most big teams work", but this is not the way ALL and every way of developing is working.
This is all what I was writing and even with your huge explanation its nothing changing on that fact.
And If you mixing up my post with the post of other guys, this is even also not my fault.

OK I'll leave you to argue with yourself then.

Eric Bergeret
22-06-2015, 11:11
OK I'll leave you to argue with yourself then.
i dream that someday i get all that cool attitude :o "i don't really know how you manage to keep calm whit us "

SK8RBOI
22-06-2015, 11:14
This is all the known information about the upcoming DLC plus a little bit more!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-dlc-updated-op.327456/

It's worth checking out if you are interested in the DLC!

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:16
i dream that someday i get all that cool attitude :o "i don't really know how you manage to keep calm whit us "

Well apparently I'm terrible insulting to customers Eric :)

Thanks though.

Invincible
22-06-2015, 11:19
If they feel insulted by you it is their own fault. :p

Still, in your place, Ian, I would've already flipped the table, said "eff it" and left for the pub.

momotaone
22-06-2015, 11:20
It's becoming more difficult to explain it time and time again in a calm way.

The reason I bit here again is that this chap tells me he's a developer and that's how they work. I can only imagine they only employ 'all rounders'.

Ey, just at this point: What did I say bad about you, to be this rude at me?

1. I've said nothing bad about you or your company, nor did I use any bad language. What I said is just a fact. Your way of discussion is just a very bad manner... you are going to talking bad about me and my company, without the knowledge of any of that.
As I have read a lot about your company, your way of work in this forum and of course as WWW is telling a lot about your situation, I'm able to make a statement.
You're not. You just talking bad about me. -> This is against your own forum rules.

2. Your explanation of "How you are working" in no explanation, why you starting to release DLC-Features while there are open "Known-Issues".
If you explain:
"Guys, we are a company, have to make money. Therefore we doing both: releasing new Features, while we are working on the same time on solving the known issues."
Everything will be fine and of course this will be the truth.
But telling "there is no other way, cause we are working like this" is just not the answer. You are the Head of Studio, there will be a lot of Team-Leaders in your different Apartments, and of course ther would be the possibility to say:
"Guys, the new features and next fee required DLC will have to wait, until we fixed the major known-issues."
-> Even if this means, the DEV-Team is working while the "Asset"-Team has to wait, or already finished their work.
and of course there will be a manager or any other guy, involved into your accounting will come over and say:
"Möp. We have bills to pay, and we have employees to pay. Release the DLC, while Patching the game."
Then you can say:
"I tried, but it's not my decision."

but just saying: "This are people of different teams" is not the response.
I hope you understand my opinion on this topic.

Invincible
22-06-2015, 11:32
But what is your point?

SMS works the way how they do. Period.
Are you trying to suggest a "better" way? Maybe. Maybe not - it's your opinion, but you can't force it on others.
Are you trying to tell them how to do their work? Man, I really don't hope so.

And further, I didn't see Ian being rude to you. Maybe he left you and your discussion, but well... why discuss something when there is no point in doing so?

Moo64
22-06-2015, 11:33

The roofers wont do your electric installations, its the same thing.

Physics guys dont model tracks or cars.

Its that simple.

hornet66
22-06-2015, 11:42
The roofers wont do your electric installations, its the same thing.

Physics guys dont model tracks or cars.

Its that simple.

Thats right.But you wouldnt buy said house if it wasnt finished would you?or maybe you would.lol

momotaone
22-06-2015, 11:42
But what is your point?

SMS works the way how they do. Period.

Yes, but Ian was stating their way of working first as "This is how Developing is working"... for me this sound as, this is normal way of Development, there is no other possibilty. This is just not truth. Not more, not less.
In the next respons it was like "This is like the most big teams are working"... and so on. I was not saying bad about HOW they are working. Just to clarify that there may be other ways.

Are you trying to suggest a "better" way? Maybe. Maybe not - it's your opinion, but you can't force it on others.
Are you trying to tell them how to do their work? Man, I really don't hope so.

Did't suggest anything. But I they are responding with: "We had no alternatives" or like "There is no other way too", this is just not really truth. Maybe SMS and with their situation, they have no other choice. But then it should not be stated as it is the "Development".

And further, I didn't see Ian being rude to you. Maybe he left you and your discussion, but well... why discuss something when there is no point in doing so?

Just read this.

1. Im a "chap tells me he's a developer and that's how they work"... assumes, that I'm a liar and do not know what I'm talking about.
2. Talking about me, like I'm not here, and can not read this. This is the same, he is always complaining about others talking about "them", when SMS-Employees reading this forum are ment...

Answers above... altough, If you just would have read my texts, this answers would not have been neccessary..

Invincible
22-06-2015, 11:47
Well, if you bought a house and something doesn't work correct, I'll get a craftsman to fix it. It isn't like a whole room is missing. And I can also extend my house and still have the plumber fix my broken sink in the kitchen.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:47

1. I've said nothing bad about you or your company, nor did I use any bad language. What I said is just a fact. Your way of discussion is just a very bad manner... you are going to talking bad about me and my company, without the knowledge of any of that.
As I have read a lot about your company, your way of work in this forum and of course as WWW is telling a lot about your situation, I'm able to make a statement.
You're not. You just talking bad about me. -> This is against your own forum rules.

2. Your explanation of "How you are working" in no explanation, why you starting to release DLC-Features while there are open "Known-Issues".
If you explain:
"Guys, we are a company, have to make money. Therefore we doing both: releasing new Features, while we are working on the same time on solving the known issues."
Everything will be fine and of course this will be the truth.
But telling "there is no other way, cause we are working like this" is just not the answer. You are the Head of Studio, there will be a lot of Team-Leaders in your different Apartments, and of course ther would be the possibility to say:
"Guys, the new features and next fee required DLC will have to wait, until we fixed the major known-issues."
-> Even if this means, the DEV-Team is working while the "Asset"-Team has to wait, or already finished their work.
and of course there will be a manager or any other guy, involved into your accounting will come over and say:
"Möp. We have bills to pay, and we have employees to pay. Release the DLC, while Patching the game."
Then you can say:
"I tried, but it's not my decision."

I hope you understand my opinion on this topic.

No one is being rude at you. I've spent a lot of time answering you.

Bye though.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:48
Another thread being wrecked by the fringe.

momotaone
22-06-2015, 11:50
Well, if you bought a house and something doesn't work correct, I'll get a craftsman to fix it. It isn't like a whole room is missing. And I can also extend my house and still have the plumber fix my broken sink in the kitchen.

Yes, you can. But you can not say: I have only this option.
You have more options:
1. Extend your house, and afterwards fix your broken sink in the kitchen.
2. Fix your broken sink in the kitchen, and afterwards extend your house.
3. Doing both at the same time.

=> The appearence of two different persons doing two different things, will not mean, you had only one option. It was only YOUR DECISION to do so.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:50
So we've removed this guy who clearly wants to argue regardless.

RunKillCapture. You've liked his post. Even though it's full fringe. In our book, liking a post like that is akin to agreeing with the posters statements and behaviour. We normally remove those liking it with them.

I'll give you a bye ball this time.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 11:51
Yes, you can. But you can not say: I have only this option.
You have more options:
1. Extend your house, and afterwards fix your broken sink in the kitchen.
2. Fix your broken sink in the kitchen, and afterwards extend your house.
3. Doing both at the same time.

=> The appearence of two different persons doing two different things, will not mean, you had only one option. It was only YOUR DECISION to do so.

I bet you're hilarious at parties.

Invincible
22-06-2015, 11:59
Answers above... altough, If you just would have read my texts, this answers would not have been neccessary..

I did read your texts. But I stand to what I've said above. It may be trough different understanding of this. And I really don't want to offend you or anyone here - at least as long as no one did offend me in the first place - so it would be the best to let this discussion go, before anyone gets hurt and starts crying.

Edit: Well - too late.

Neil Bateman
22-06-2015, 11:59

Just out of interest, what sort of development are you in, surely your not saying that all development teams regarless of the nature of their businesses can all work In exactly the same way.

Edit; Too late.

RunKillCapture
22-06-2015, 12:28
So we've removed this guy who clearly wants to argue regardless.

RunKillCapture. You've liked his post. Even though it's full fringe. In our book, liking a post like that is akin to agreeing with the posters statements and behaviour. We normally remove those liking it with them.

I'll give you a bye ball this time.

No worries. I just think head of studio should show respect for users who have purchased the game instead of being patronizing. And the Devs also. just a thought. Have a nice day

BanjoMaster
22-06-2015, 12:39
Maybe, just maybe, if nearly every single thread on here wasn't derailed or hijacked by someone moaning about the same old junk, the devs might start opening up about their plans for the future of the game, DLC, new licenses, tracks they're thinking of adding, new features, etc. At the minute this place feels like you're trying to have a nice sensible conversation in the prison compound from The Walking Dead...

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:48
No worries. I just think head of studio should show respect for users who have purchased the game instead of being patronizing. And the Devs also. just a thought. Have a nice day

I think people should be responded to as they deserve. I'm not here to fawn over people in a false corporate way as they're acting like idiots.

Ian Bell
22-06-2015, 12:48

PS, you've just breeched forum rules, plus the two liking your post.

Bye.