PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TX "shaking" when driving straight

Zaytsev
06-06-2015, 15:15
My new Thrustmaster wheel shakes (somewhat violently) whenever driving in a straight line or just sitting still. This makes it almost impossible to compete on any tracks with a decent straight. I've used this wheel on forza and haven't noticed any issues...
Here is a video of the issue - http://youtu.be/yzSWzqRf9VU

Please Help!

Jubis
06-06-2015, 16:08
Too much deadzone removal? Try these settings. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet

Zaytsev
06-06-2015, 17:15
Just tried those settings and played around with the steering deadzone/deadzone removal settings but didn't notice any change.
I contacted Thrustmaster a week ago but still haven't heard anything...
I found another vid of the same issue - http://youtu.be/7j_KCHM4aO8 - but looks like he never found/posted a solution.

mitch09
06-06-2015, 21:12
It would be the spring or damper load - a patameter somewhere is too high.

Plug it into a PC and update it if you havent done so recently.

Go to thr pCars wheel config menu and configurate your wheel.

Make sure your Full and Half Clipping is at 0 and your Tyre Force is not too high or too low. Aroind 100-120 is ideal.
Then when you are in you tuning screen, reduce your "Spindle" settings to 0 - so that the Master, Fy, Fz, Fx and Mz. Do a lap and see if your wheel still behaves in such a manner, then get back to me!

Zaytsev
07-06-2015, 12:48
That worked! Adjusting the clipping settings/tire force setting solved my issue!
Wheel is nice and smooth now! I'll play with it a bit more then post my settings encase anyone else has this issue.

THANK YOU!

mitch09
07-06-2015, 19:56
No problem!!!

If you have turned your spindle settings to 0, increase them to regain the steering feel.

Master @ 50~100
Fz/Fx/Fy @ 70~90
Mz @ 100~120

Zaytsev
08-06-2015, 01:04
So.... I spoke to soon. It's much better than it was but the shaking is still there. Here's what I tried -
Made sure my wheel had up to date drivers/firmware etc.
Adjusted the spindle settings to 0 as suggest and that fixed the problem but at the cost of FFB. So I turned them back up one by one and found that the FY and MZ both contribute to the shake. (MZ the most)
I then adjusted their respective smoothing but that didn't really help...
Any other ideas?
Thanks again for the help!

mitch09
08-06-2015, 03:58
Yeah with the spindles all at zero, it will kill the FFB altogether.

Based on a GT3 car i use the following "spindle settings"

Master - 98
FZ, FX, FY - all 72
Mz - 108

Then below that there is is arm angles and smoothing ect...set all of those parameters to "0".

Gooseone
08-06-2015, 18:12
So.... I spoke to soon. It's much better than it was but the shaking is still there. Here's what I tried -
Made sure my wheel had up to date drivers/firmware etc.
Adjusted the spindle settings to 0 as suggest and that fixed the problem but at the cost of FFB. So I turned them back up one by one and found that the FY and MZ both contribute to the shake. (MZ the most)
I then adjusted their respective smoothing but that didn't really help...
Any other ideas?
Thanks again for the help!

I don't know if this issue is present on Xbox but if you've adjusted the Soft Clipping (half output) and set it back to 0, on PC it gets stuck at 0.10.
This dramatically increases the forces on the wheel and if it's the issue, resetting the controller settings restores the value to 0 again.

Again, i don't know if this might be your issue but it does sounds as if too much force is being applied to the wheel.
If you've checked the overall Force Feedback, Tire force and Spindle/Master scales and it still persists it could indeed be a hardware malfunction.
If you are able to, you could try to check with another race game to verify where the problem is coming from.

In the meantime, just don't release the wheel when you're driving ;)

edit: Just read you've tested with Forza and it was okay there, in that case there might still be some setting overlooked

TrevorAustin
08-06-2015, 19:58
Have you read and used bmanics settings? That will leavw you with shaking at stationary. Then use jack spades files per car, manual entry as you're on xbox, and remove the spring settings, all discussed at kength elsewhere. But... Lots of work, i would wait for 1.4 and see how that leaves you.

Zaytsev
10-06-2015, 00:53
I don't know if this issue is present on Xbox but if you've adjusted the Soft Clipping (half output) and set it back to 0, on PC it gets stuck at 0.10.
This dramatically increases the forces on the wheel and if it's the issue, resetting the controller settings restores the value to 0 again.

Again, i don't know if this might be your issue but it does sounds as if too much force is being applied to the wheel.
If you've checked the overall Force Feedback, Tire force and Spindle/Master scales and it still persists it could indeed be a hardware malfunction.

I finally had time to play around with this so I set the Sotf Clipping (half output) back to zero and it improved greatly (!) BUT every time I do a single session of racing, practice or qualifying it resets to .1! So I have to reset it every time! Very annoying. Hopefully it'll be fixed in 1.4.

Zaytsev
10-06-2015, 00:55
Have you read and used bmanics settings? That will leavw you with shaking at stationary. Then use jack spades files per car, manual entry as you're on xbox, and remove the spring settings, all discussed at kength elsewhere. But... Lots of work, i would wait for 1.4 and see how that leaves you.

I haven't used maniacs setting but have been playing with Jack Spades. Hopefully my issue gets fixed!!

stux
10-06-2015, 01:51
I finally had time to play around with this so I set the Sotf Clipping (half output) back to zero and it improved greatly (!) BUT every time I do a single session of racing, practice or qualifying it resets to .1! So I have to reset it every time! Very annoying. Hopefully it'll be fixed in 1.4.

You need to reset your controls to default to get it to zero properly :(

Write your settings down, reset, and then don't touch the soft clipping!

pyates
10-06-2015, 14:51
Reset controls in main menu options. It should set the steering deadzone to 1 after resetting. This will leave a little bit of deadzone in the middle so that you don't get the vibration. It's basically the FFB bouncing backwards and forwards to itself. I used to set this to 0 and starting getting this issue.

Zaytsev
14-06-2015, 16:15
All fixed!! I reset the controls as suggested and also lowered the steering sensitivity a bit. I'm sure the 1.4 patch helped as well!
Thanks for all the help!!!

Schu2000
11-08-2015, 04:39
My new Thrustmaster wheel shakes (somewhat violently) whenever driving in a straight line or just sitting still. This makes it almost impossible to compete on any tracks with a decent straight. I've used this wheel on forza and haven't noticed any issues...

Please Help!

I have the same wheel (Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 TX) and have the same problem now! Everything was GREAT until the last update to the game. Then the wheel has been shaking uncontrollably since then when even just at rest or when on a straight (exactly like in the youtube video from quoted post above. This is not a wheel hardware problem, its an issue with the game update. I can feel that the motor inside the wheel is just constantly working overtime whereas before it was not. I don't know what to do now.

This is my favorite game EVER but one thing is absolutely clear, whatever has happened/changed is a direct result of the update. I wish I could roll it back! Any suggestions? Please help...ugh...

TrevorAustin
11-08-2015, 09:52
I have the same wheel (Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 TX) and have the same problem now! Everything was GREAT until the last update to the game. Then the wheel has been shaking uncontrollably since then when even just at rest or when on a straight (exactly like in the youtube video from quoted post above. This is not a wheel hardware problem, its an issue with the game update. I can feel that the motor inside the wheel is just constantly working overtime whereas before it was not. I don't know what to do now.

This is my favorite game EVER but one thing is absolutely clear, whatever has happened/changed is a direct result of the update. I wish I could roll it back! Any suggestions? Please help...ugh...

Yes, use classic ffb setting.

Schu2000
11-08-2015, 16:23
Yes, use classic ffb setting.

Got it! Worked! THANK THE MAKER!

Cheers!

DirtyCardboard
12-08-2015, 23:16

Please Help!

This has been happening to me, but only after I have raced at least 6 or 7 laps. Does this start happening when you start driving the car? I was assuming that I've broken something on the suspension, or trashed a tire from driving too hard.

slowpoke78
25-10-2015, 05:54
I was almost ready to give up on this game. I used the spread sheet for several cars, and I must say who ever took the time to test and post these baseline ffb settings........THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
xbox one with tx wheel.