PDA

View Full Version : Catching the back markers. (ANSWERED)

Pcars
06-06-2015, 16:54
Does anyone else find that when your start to lap the back markers that they don't seem to move or slow down as you are the faster car, is this normal or a problem that needs addressing.

Thanks.

Roger Prynne
06-06-2015, 17:20
A problem that needs addressing and is being looked into.

Pcars
06-06-2015, 17:41
A problem that needs addressing and is being looked into.

Thanks for your reply mate, if it's ok now you have answered can this be closed?

Roger Prynne
06-06-2015, 17:44
Yeah a Mod will look into it.

RobMUFC1987
06-06-2015, 22:06
I think they tried to do it like real life GT, where it's advised for the slower cars to stick to the racing line so the faster cars know exactly where they're going to so they can pass safely.

Unfortunately, this doesn't translate to other classes and especially annoying in qualifying

AbeWoz
06-06-2015, 22:39
i know in typical endurance racing it is the faster cars responsibility to pass with caution. the slower car's job is the hold the racing line and normal pace. If i'm a faster car, coming up to driver X and he moves out of my way to the left, but i'm anticipating him to go right, then an accident will occur. If driver X hold the normal racing line, i can pass safely. watch le mans next week and you will see that all slower cars will hold to the racing line.

I also think qualifying should be done in separate sessions for each class

Pcars
07-06-2015, 07:57
Maybe I just to used to watching F1 too much. Thanks for input people

Oddbob
07-06-2015, 08:07
In any open wheel racing that I have ever watched, it always the back-markers job to not only slow down, but to get the heck, out of the way. In this game, they almost comically do whatever they can to not let you pass.

RobMUFC1987
07-06-2015, 08:20
In any open wheel racing that I have ever watched, it always the back-markers job to not only slow down, but to get the heck, out of the way. In this game, they almost comically do whatever they can to not let you pass.

As we've said, it seems they've gone with GT rules then slapped it on all other classes

-Brick_Top-
07-06-2015, 08:32
As we've said, it seems they've gone with GT rules then slapped it on all other classes
That doesn't explain why they suddenly dart off the racing line causing crashes if that's the case

Pcars
07-06-2015, 11:50
Hopefully it is something to tweak maybe. I did a 30lap at donnington full race weekend and caught back markers after 20ish laps and lost my lead due to one slapping me.