PDA

View Full Version : Forza Motorsport 6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Dreco
06-06-2015, 17:42
50fps must be a typo.

Breathtaking graphics at 1080px resolution and 50 frames per second. Wet weather, 3D puddles, and night racing test your driving skills. Cutting-edge ForzaTech™ engine powers the unrelenting action and stat-of-the-art-physics at simulation speed.

Ultimate car fantasy
The most cars of any racing game this generation. More than 450 cars all immaculately recreated and customizable, and complete with working cockpits and full damage. Tour 26 world-famous locales including Daytone, Rio, and more..

Never race alone
Home of the greatest racing, tuning and painting community in gaming. 2-player split-screen racing, 24-player races, and realistic Drivatar opponents deliver packed tracks and unrivaled action.

We reached out to Microsoft for comment and they informed us that "Forza Motorsport 6 will run at 1080p and 60 frames per second on Xbox One, and you will be able to learn more about the game at E3."

http://www.icxm.net/x/Forza-Motorsport-6-Features.html

Link: http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/forza-6/6_15/9d32baa8-7b67-4f7e-be5b-79cc868573bc (taken down)

http://compass.xbox.com/assets/b9/10/b910ca59-ed0d-45ca-953f-97d113c78ab8.jpg?n=blade1-img.jpg

http://compass.xbox.com/assets/1a/04/1a046a20-bf43-4bda-89e3-965d226cc7f9.jpg?n=blade2-img.jpg

http://compass.xbox.com/assets/27/56/27568158-4047-432d-9642-ec64c9448488.jpg?n=blade3-img.jpg

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 17:48
Either that or they have changed their stance on 60fps although im a bit dubious of the link ...

Pink_650S
06-06-2015, 17:50
Looks sweet!
I'm more interested in GT7, though, and the route they will take. Since the standards have reached new heights with Project Cars in terms of the driving experience.

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 18:03
A must have...nothing more and nothing less

450 cars I never ever thought that they bring this much cars

Some rumors say that porsche is in tge game

Gavin Thomas
06-06-2015, 18:08
There was once a time when I'd have been excited by any news coming out of the Forza Motorsport camp, but now it's only got one thing I wish Project CARS had and that's a livery editor.

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 18:18
Thanks for this Dreco.

No dynamic time of day or dynamic weather, I don't think so...

I also agree 50FPS has to be a typo. Strange slip as these guys are very professional.

Again, baking a single time at night?, setting a non dynamic weather condition?, well surely that can't be the case.

I'm blaming a poorly worded press release here or some website inventiveness.

Regardless, assuming it's all fully dynamic, we have some work to do now to stay ahead and hit our holiday sales targets :)

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 18:23
I hope that the weather is dynamic. But it will be hard to beat the dynamic weather from project cars.

mister dog
06-06-2015, 18:27
we have some work to do now to stay ahead and hit our holiday sales targets :)
Summer holiday or xmas? If both just let me know what will be released in which holiday so i can understand better haha.

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 18:27
I've read it again a few times now. I'm surprised they don't mention dynamic at any point. Not for weather nor for 'night'.

If this is accurate and I'm doubting it right now, then we have less pressure than I initially expected.

We still have more tracks and let's be honest, all research shows us that people focus on 10-20 favoured cars so throwing 450 in doesn't bother me.

I'd like us to get to over 100 carefully picked cars for pCARS though.

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 18:29
Summer holiday or xmas? If both just let me know what will be released in which holiday so i can understand better haha.

I'll take sales at any time, not even insisting on holidays.

Here I'm thinking of the Christmas period. I had heard through the grapevine that Turn 10 were coming with dynamic weather and time of day. So again, we need more confirmation here. I can't fathom they'd sent out just a single baked 'night' look and a single baked 'rain' look. We did that with GTR1.

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 18:34
in horizon 2 is dynamic weather so it think that will be in forza 6 too. When you have tracks like le man, sebring and daytona in tge game only dynamic day and night change make sense.

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 18:36
in horizon 2 is dynamic weather so it think that will be in forza 6 too. When you have tracks like le man, sebring and daytona in tge game only dynamic day and night change make sense.

Yes, I'd say more than 'makes sense' but essential for 24 hour tracks.

Looking forward to more details. I always feel better knowing where the competition is :)

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 18:41
It's also missing a mention of full grids. I see 24 cars mentioned but that's online or am I reading it wrong?

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 18:41
I'm a bit surprised that the news come so early. E3 was a much better place to bring the news

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 18:42
24 cars seem to be multiplayer

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 18:43
I'm a bit surprised that the news come so early. E3 was a much better place to bring the news

Yes agreed there. A cynic would say it might come across as slightly 'reactive'.

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 18:53
But I'm much more interest how the psysics are. Because in forza 5 some cars have way to much oversteer.

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 19:01
But I'm much more interest how the psysics are. Because in forza 5 some cars have way to much oversteer.

Was there any mention of them going back to the earlier physics engine? I think it was 2 or 3 that really felt great to me.

LADY GEMMA JANE
06-06-2015, 19:04
I'm looking forward to forza 6 , I love ALL driving games

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 19:17
This is going to be interesting to watch, that website has now been taken down ...

I agree Ian that the magic number is with Tracks not Cars ... Too little tracks become boring pretty quick

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 19:20
This is going to be interesting to watch, that website has now been taken down ...

I agree Ian that the magic number is with Tracks not Cars ... Too little tracks become boring pretty quick

Thanks, that's odd. It was the proper Xbox site that Microsoft own right?

Seps1974
06-06-2015, 19:28
Thanks, that's odd. It was the proper Xbox site that Microsoft own right?

Yap, it was on the official japanese page of xbox.

Gavin Thomas
06-06-2015, 19:33
We still have more tracks and let's be honest, all research shows us that people focus on 10-20 favoured cars so throwing 450 in doesn't bother me.

I totally agree, it's the one thing I always wanted more of on Forza was tracks not cars.

So if the track and car list in Project CARS continue to grow, they will still be behind!

At the end of the day, Turn 10 have some work to do to catch up and over 450 cars ain't going to do that.

Pugamall
06-06-2015, 19:36

Maybe they are correcting the 50 FPS and mentioning dynamic TOD and weather that was missing ;)

LADY GEMMA JANE
06-06-2015, 19:38
Hehe possibly

Gavin Thomas
06-06-2015, 19:43
Maybe they are correcting the 50 FPS and mentioning dynamic TOD and weather that was missing ;)

Well the 50 FPS might have been a typo, but a page doesn't have to come down to correct something so small literally takes seconds to edit a page these days.
So unfortunately i think you might be right, either that or it wasn't supposed to be posted yet.

Personally I don't think Forza will have the dynamic time of day, but I guess only time will tell.

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 19:55
Well the 50 FPS might have been a typo, but a page doesn't have to come down to correct something so small literally takes seconds to edit a page these days.
So unfortunately i think you might be right, either that or it wasn't supposed to be posted yet.

Personally I don't think Forza will have the dynamic time of day, but I guess only time will tell.

It was a typo for sure. You can't run vsync at 50. It would be an unremitting tear fest (yes I know we need to work on our tearing!)

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 19:56

I think someone hit the "Go Live" button 9 days too soon !!

Ian do you have anything planned for E3?

Im Sorry
06-06-2015, 19:58
Project Cars is taking a real beating on a couple of Xbox Facebook and Instagram pages.People moaning it's unplayable and that the controller doesn't configure properly! Clearly these clown's didn't play the game for more than 5 minutes!

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 19:58

Just a load of meeting with car manufacturers/license holders.

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 19:59

And why you think that. Do you have informations that whe don't have. Everthing else than dynamic weather, day and night change would be a big surprise,

Ian Bell
06-06-2015, 20:02
Project Cars is taking a real beating on a couple of Xbox Facebook and Instagram pages.People moaning it's unplayable and that the controller doesn't configure properly! Clearly these clown's didn't play the game for more than 5 minutes!

Maybe they didn't do a hard reset after patch 1.3

That's required. It also transforms controller input as we know.

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 20:04

Its the same as over on the Forza forums but hey ... fanboys will be fanboys ...

LADY GEMMA JANE
06-06-2015, 20:07
Well I'm a fangirl of both games

Psychomatrix
06-06-2015, 20:14
Every game have fanboys, trolls and haters. Thats the way humans be. Ive read here a lot of fanboy trash too.

AntonioR
06-06-2015, 20:18

Considering the state of the multiplayer no wonder people call it unplayable. I spent the whole afternoon (five hours) trying to do some racing and the results are hilarious. Three of those hours were spent dealing with issues. THREE! As that wasn´t enough, when I tried to watch a replay, the game crashed on all of them. Matchmaking is broken. Constant errors saying that I´m not connected to Xbox Live (when I am), did not find any games or game crashes. When you do actually find a game, you get the drive button locked. Repeat the cycle, same problems happen and you end up getting frustasted. Ridiculous.
Single-player works, but the rumble-strip slow-down bug is a deal-breaker and unrealistic (obviously).

Put all of this on the table and yes, the game is rather unplayable unless you don´t mind being frustasted, which is completely the opposite of what the game is for.

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 20:33
Considering the state of the multiplayer no wonder people call it unplayable. I spent the whole afternoon (five hours) trying to do some racing and the results are hilarious.

Put all of this on the table and yes, the game is rather unplayable unless you don´t mind being frustasted, which is completely the opposite of what the game is for.

And just to put it in perspective I just had 2 hours of awesome racing online ...

Racing in GT no assists on Spa
some GT on Zolder
Formula C around Nurburgring and
Clio Cup around Laguna

All of these joined through matchmaking and played whilst browsing the forum ...

AntonioR
06-06-2015, 20:45
Well then you must a magician and tell me, my friends, and all of frustated buyers (or "clows" as put up by "Im sorry") the secret you have in order to make the game work as intended. I would love to.

Seriously, just because your "works" (apparently) doesn´t necessarily mean others aren´t having any issues as seen in the social media. Unless you have really low standards.

Pugamall
06-06-2015, 20:51
Well then you must a magician and tell me, my friends, and all of frustated buyers (or "clows" as put up by "Im sorry") the secret you have in order to make the game work as intended. I would love to.

Seriously, just because your "works" (apparently) doesn´t necessarily mean others aren´t having any issues as seen in the social media. Unless you have really low standards.

And as you can understand that statement works the other way round to, in fact the vast majority are not having issues, he was just pointing that out,
unfortunately because you are, you are (maybe even subconsciously) noticing or searching out and seeing those that are, (and of course nowadays those with issues generally are more vocal than those not having any, as that's how things get fixed) but it is being worked on, you can see the amount of work being put in, with a 1.3 patch, and now an upcoming 1.4 patch which has a large set of patch notes, and it will be continuously honed

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 20:58

Its the 2 "P's" Patience and Perseverance ...

I just use Quick Random and then just race whatever comes up, thats part of the fun, the diversity, if it says it cant find anything then I try going the Online way ...

Even better is when you play with mates, we dont have any issue getting up to 6 in a room and racing ...

I agree there is issues and people are having issues but what im saying is there are 2 sides to every coin :)

OperatorWay
06-06-2015, 21:03
450 cars? I wonder how many of them will be vans, SUVs, pick-up trucks, station-wagons, & delivery trucks - maybe throw in some limos & lorries... because, you know, that's "motorsport." ;)

AntonioR
06-06-2015, 21:19
And as you can understand that statement works the other way round to, in fact the vast majority are not having issues, he was just pointing that out,
unfortunately because you are, you are (maybe even subconsciously) noticing or searching out and seeing those that are, (and of course nowadays those with issues generally are more vocal than those not having any, as that's how things get fixed) but it is being worked on, you can see the amount of work being put in, with a 1.3 patch, and now an upcoming 1.4 patch which has a large set of patch notes, and it will be continuously honed

I understand, as I have said in my previous post.
Then again, this product shouldn´t have been released with these game-breaking bugs and problems. Its been a month and we are still in the same situation. I could have waited out another delay and keep my 40 euros in my pocket and a more enjoyable afternoon.

Even as a manager I really doubt you saying that the "vast majority are not having issues" statement is true. You have no way to know that. There could be people with major issues but they aren´t being vocal about it and instead choose to just return the product.

Its the 2 "P's" Patience and Perseverance ...

I just use Quick Random and then just race whatever comes up, thats part of the fun, the diversity, if it says it cant find anything then I try going the Online way ...

Even better is when you play with mates, we dont have any issue getting up to 6 in a room and racing ...

I agree there is issues and people are having issues but what im saying is there are 2 sides to every coin :)

So what you are saying is for me to have patience when searching for online games because the the product has flaws? Time is money, there are plenty of other examples where matchmaking works, why should this one be different?

Those who needed patience were the ones who invested in the game initially. They accepted to help and deal with the problems in the development of this product. Me? I purchased a "final" version and expected things to work as advertised. They don´t.

EDIT: By "initial investors" I mean the ones who paid for the Early Access

Pugamall
06-06-2015, 21:32
Even as a manager I really doubt you saying that the "vast majority are not having issues" statement is true. You have no way to know that. There could be people with major issues but they aren´t being vocal about it and instead choose to just return the product.

Actually I would think I am in a very good position to make the statement, from three different medium I deal with all day,
Personally, as I have it on all three platforms, and play many of my friends across the different platforms,
From within the WMD forum I am part of,
And the various social platforms I use/run, one in particular pCARS orientated

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 21:35
So what you are saying is for me to have patience when searching for online games because the the product has flaws? Time is money, there are plenty of other examples where matchmaking works, why should this one be different?

This makes you sound like a spoilt brat ... what is 5 mins waiting to get into a room to do all you can in this game ... oh no I forgot peoples minds are trained to get into a room in seconds and do 3 lap races ...

This isnt the first game that has launched with bugs and it wont be the last, you either whinge and bitch about it or you work around the issues and make the game workable until the fixes are here

You have the people making the decisions at the top on this forum and active telling us about what they are doing to fix the issues, yes their are issues and yes we all wish they werent there but its not like its not being worked on, one patch already and another one out for verification with probably a 3rd one in the works ...

Tell me the last time Developers actually interacted like we are having here?

Gavin Thomas
06-06-2015, 21:37

That's my thinking, the 50FPS was typo for sure the Forza fanboys would disown the game for anything less than 60FPS, but the rest shouldn't have been said I don't think.

And why you think that. Do you have informations that whe don't have. Everthing else than dynamic weather, day and night change would be a big surprise,

Because even a static time of night would be a massive leap forward from the constant perfect day weather Forza has had for years and I think they'll play it safe and get that right as well before they leap into dynamic stuff.
But for the record I hope I'm wrong, as I'd love to see what Turn 10 can do with it and it would be great to compare to Project CARS.

AdM1
06-06-2015, 21:48
Can't wait.

You see I can like 2 things at once without acting like a moron about it.

AntonioR
06-06-2015, 21:59
Actually I would think I am in a very good position to make the statement, from three different medium I deal with all day,
Personally, as I have it on all three platforms, and play many of my friends across the different platforms,
From within the WMD forum I am part of,
And the various social platforms I use/run, one in particular pCARS orientated

Yes, but does that equal the majority?
The single best website for league racing on Xbox has delayed and cancelled two series due to these issues. It is a good representation of how things are the moment (although not the majority), specially when they are going to use your platform to its full potential. Like I said before, it is not holding up.
Hopefully it gets fixed in due time before things get complicated due to sponsorship.

This makes you sound like a spoilt brat ... what is 5 mins waiting to get into a room to do all you can in this game ... oh no I forgot peoples minds are trained to get into a room in seconds and do 3 lap races ...

This isnt the first game that has launched with bugs and it wont be the last, you either whinge and bitch about it or you work around the issues and make the game workable until the fixes are here

You have the people making the decisions at the top on this forum and active telling us about what they are doing to fix the issues, yes their are issues and yes we all wish they werent there but its not like its not being worked on, one patch already and another one out for verification with probably a 3rd one in the works ...

Tell me the last time Developers actually interacted like we are having here?

It is not five minutes. Last race took me thirty minutes (yes), in order for me to be able to click on the "Drive" unlocked button. The lobby had four individuals which eventually left or their games crashed.
Just because games launch with bugs (programming is hard, I know) does not mean it should become a industry standard, specially when they can majorly hamper the customer´s experience as it does here.

Fyrwulf
06-06-2015, 22:10
At the end of the day, Turn 10 have some work to do to catch up and over 450 cars ain't going to do that.

I think that depends, actually. For me, I don't care about the tracks or any of that, if a game doesn't have the Dodge Viper then I'm not buying it. I have hope that Project Cars will get on the ball in that regard.

Im Sorry
06-06-2015, 22:18

I certainly wasn't calling anyone a "clown" for having multiplayer issues. If you read my comment it's regarding people slaughtering the game for the controller issue! That's been patched.If you are experiencing MP problems that's a whole different conversation! I'm in Scotland and have found that I can find MP races within a few minutes and it seems to work OK.I'm sorry if your having MP issues but I'm sure these will be resolved in the future.

Gavin Thomas
06-06-2015, 22:20
I think that depends, actually. For me, I don't care about the tracks or any of that, if a game doesn't have the Dodge Viper then I'm not buying it. I have hope that Project Cars will get on the ball in that regard.

Don't care about tracks? really? so you'd be happy if the game had 5 tracks as long it's got a Viper?

One last question, are you telling me you don't currently own Project CARS?

Im Sorry
06-06-2015, 22:30
The tracks in forza 5 are pretty abysmal. The game got tedious very quickly. Especially a Topgear track with stupid obstacles all over it.Project Cars is the best racing game I've played since the Toca days on 360! Forza 6 would seriously need to up it's game to drag me away from PCars!

Fyrwulf
06-06-2015, 22:32
Don't care about tracks? really? so you'd be happy if the game had 5 tracks as long it's got a Viper?

Well, it's a given that any racing game is going to have the Nurburgring, Le Mans, and Leguna Seca and those are my three favorite tracks. Anything more than those three is just really nice icing on the cake.

One last question, are you telling me you don't currently own Project CARS?

Yes? Like I said, no Viper, no money. That's not even an unreasonable demand, because Vipers have been in every AAA racing title since the original Gran Turismo.

BDR Daz
06-06-2015, 22:42
It is not five minutes. Last race took me thirty minutes (yes), in order for me to be able to click on the "Drive" unlocked button. The lobby had four individuals which eventually left or their games crashed.
Just because games launch with bugs (programming is hard, I know) does not mean it should become a industry standard, specially when they can majorly hamper the customer´s experience as it does here.

Well you are doing something wrong because here is a video I JUST did to show you how easy it is to find a room ...

It took less than 1 min to find a room and I did Qualy and a Race to the win ...

http://www.twitch.tv/dazteddy/v/5889218

Gavin Thomas
06-06-2015, 22:48
Well, it's a given that any racing game is going to have the Nurburgring, Le Mans, and Leguna Seca and those are my three favorite tracks. Anything more than those three is just really nice icing on the cake.

Yes? Like I said, no Viper, no money. That's not even an unreasonable demand, because Vipers have been in every AAA racing title since the original Gran Turismo.

Never said it was unreasonable, I think a Viper would be a great addition to the game.
I also can't argue that pretty much every game has those tracks these days.

But if that's all you want from a game then why do you need a new one? you might as well stick to what you got.

Fyrwulf
06-06-2015, 22:56
But if that's all you want from a game then why do you need a new one? you might as well stick to what you got.

I sold my 360 and all my games a few years back and pretty much committed to sticking to PC. Unfortunately that leaves me with nothing much in the way of racing games. GRiD Autosport has the Viper, but the first GRiD game wasn't all that challenging despite being entertaining. I'm hoping Forza 6 comes to PC and I hope Project Cars adds the Viper. Then I can have two racing games to enjoy.

mister dog
06-06-2015, 23:12
I sold my 360 and all my games a few years back and pretty much committed to sticking to PC. Unfortunately that leaves me with nothing much in the way of racing games. GRiD Autosport has the Viper, but the first GRiD game wasn't all that challenging despite being entertaining. I'm hoping Forza 6 comes to PC and I hope Project Cars adds the Viper. Then I can have two racing games to enjoy.
Originally i was going to buy an Xbone for the FM series, but as MS decided to screw us over with the wheel support i didn't and eventually went the PC route this year. PC really is the sim racers platform and having one now, i wouldn't think twice of moving back to consoles instead. But like you say that car collecting game is missing, so it would be great if FM6 comes to PC and don't forget we also have SMS's other title that would go into that direction (forgot the name now, was in the news last year).

Gavin Thomas
06-06-2015, 23:26
Got you well I hope you get what you want, but I can't see Forza ever taking the leap to PC I wish it would but I can't see it.

cudirage13
07-06-2015, 01:31
In my opinion the Forza games' physics are just way off to be honest. To each their own though..

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 02:31
Originally i was going to buy an Xbone for the FM series, but as MS decided to screw us over with the wheel support i didn't and eventually went the PC route this year. PC really is the sim racers platform and having one now, i wouldn't think twice of moving back to consoles instead. But like you say that car collecting game is missing, so it would be great if FM6 comes to PC and don't forget we also have SMS's other title that would go into that direction (forgot the name now, was in the news last year).

Forza would never come to pc. Pc market is to small. You can see it on the sales for project cars. More than 85% are sold for Ps4 and xbox one. Some say 90%. then it's a system seller for ms.

Scav3nger
07-06-2015, 02:36
Another news article on the subject:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/06/forza-motorsport-6s-feature-and-images-revealed-by-xbox-japan/

E3 should be interesting if this turns out to be true, night racing and weather would be good additions to Forza 6. Nothing that's going to make me play it over Project CARS at this point though.

mister dog
07-06-2015, 02:53
Forza would never come to pc. Pc market is to small. You can see it on the sales for project cars. More than 85% are sold for Ps4 and xbox one. Some say 90%. then it's a system seller for ms.
They would if it will promote windows 10.

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 02:56
Btw the forza ip is very important for xbox one. if the game looks really that great and brings dynamic weather and day and night change than whe can hope that further games will be running at 1080p.
A question for ian if you read that. Some people say that the xbox one was not that strong because ms are planning to outsource some operations to cloud. But as they cancelled the always on feature it's a history. question is can you outsource operations from the gpu? will a cloud feature improve the graphical performance of the one or was this marketing.

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 03:32
They would if it will promote windows 10.

I doesn't think so. Maybe in two years but not in the near future. Maybe they will bring horizon for pc. But the main forza series will be a exclusive xbox one ip.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 04:28
Btw the forza ip is very important for xbox one. if the game looks really that great and brings dynamic weather and day and night change than whe can hope that further games will be running at 1080p.
A question for ian if you read that. Some people say that the xbox one was not that strong because ms are planning to outsource some operations to cloud. But as they cancelled the always on feature it's a history. question is can you outsource operations from the gpu? will a cloud feature improve the graphical performance of the one or was this marketing.

I'd like to be able to tell you detail like that but I can't unfortunately. What I will say is that Microsoft have done a good job of freeing up more power from the machine since release.

Scav3nger
07-06-2015, 05:28
I'd like to be able to tell you detail like that but I can't unfortunately.

NDA and all that jazz, I get it. From a public perspective though, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together and come to the conclusion that the loss of cloud processing is costing performance in a lot of games, for example the Forza 5 Drivatar AI was reliant on building a profile of your driving and uploading that data to Turn 10. I just hope that the Windows 10 launch and eventual updates to the Xbox One dashboard that go along with it improve performance on an OS level, the whole console is just slow and cumbersome most of the time. I feel that improvements to the base OS will improve a lot of performance on the console as whole.

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 05:36
Thanks for the answer :)
I'm now very curious to see the game in action. If I'm honest I was not impressed from the graphics that horizion 2 shows. The objects beside the track have not details that project have. On azur circuit I can see how much details the buildings have. but I think turn 10 have a lot more resources than playground games. So compare horizon with fm6 it's a bit unfair.

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 05:46
NDA and all that jazz, I get it. From a public perspective though, it's not hard to put 2 and 2 together and come to the conclusion that the loss of cloud processing is costing performance in a lot of games, for example the Forza 5 Drivatar AI was reliant on building a profile of your driving and uploading that data to Turn 10. I just hope that the Windows 10 launch and eventual updates to the Xbox One dashboard that go along with it improve performance on an OS level, the whole console is just slow and cumbersome most of the time. I feel that improvements to the base OS will improve a lot of performance on the console as whole.

That driviator feature on fm5 is a failure in my eyes. How can it be that I win all the races on highest level without any problem. If the cloud function than the races must more challenging. In the leaderboards i take places from 500 to 2000 if I really try. So there must be a lot of guys outside who have better driviator than mine. I think they have reduced the feature because all the crashkids driviators have ruins all races at the release. Maybe we see an improvement but I have my doubts.

TheReaper GT
07-06-2015, 06:48
I have no doubt that forza 6 will be visually gorgeous, my fear is the handling, i really liked and play a lot of forza 4. Forza 5 in the other hand I kind of regret the purchase. The game is beautiful, but the cars do not feel right. In my mind they are about to launch the real Forza 5, because the rush made the last Forza something I can't connect to.

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 07:21
I have no doubt that forza 6 will be visually gorgeous, my fear is the handling, i really liked and play a lot of forza 4. Forza 5 in the other hand I kind of regret the purchase. The game is beautiful, but the cars do not feel right. In my mind they are about to launch the real Forza 5, because the rush made the last Forza something I can't connect to.

it's the same like PGR3 It was a launch title too und PGR4 was so much better. I think the handling will be more like forza 4. They can't ignore the fans of the series. The big majority wish more realism. I think they haved learn their lessons.

HBK
07-06-2015, 08:23
It was a typo for sure. You can't run vsync at 50. It would be an unremitting tear fest (yes I know we need to work on our tearing!)
I'm late to the party, but you can definitively run VSync at 50fps. For once, you can output a perfectly synced refresh if your display is a 50hz one. But even on 60hz displays, you can display 50 frames per second (average) if your frame time is 20ms, through triple buffering (aka. rendering of frames ahead). Obviously that means increasing input lag and a crap ton of judder, but it's definitively possible and won't cause any tearing.

Tearing is caused by the absence of VSync, i.e. the back buffer gets pushed to the front outside of the VBlank window, i.e. the display has already begun drawing the frame while you swap them. Tearing most likely happens in pCARS when the frame time exceeds 16.67ms and the buffers are swapped without regard to the VBlank to compensate for the sync loss (missed VBlank window) and mitigate the associated damage with regard to response time, a technique sometimes called "dynamic VSync" (also, with standard double buffering, not keeping 60fps means dropping to 30fps).

Long story short, VSync is there to prevent tearing (that is unavoidable otherwise), do it without fault, and you can definitely provide a VSynced 50fps on a 60hz display with no tearing whatsoever. It just won't look good in motion.

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 08:26
They have changed to 60 fps

HBK
07-06-2015, 08:32
Yeah, it's pretty obvious it was a typo. Still, VSynced 50fps is definitely possible. It's not something you'd want. But it's possible.

MULTIVITZ
07-06-2015, 09:16
Mmmmm. My ps4 presents a good smooth display, even in busy tracks. If fms6 says it has all the things it has, it has them, but tire/tyre realism like pC? I don't think so, I gave up holding my breath for the Forza franchise to deliver, its just a pretend simulator for the weak hearted masses. They haven't been able to deliver the tyres since the first one, they were all playable, but changed every time, and as for the nerfing:rolleyes:. As Ice T says 'they went POP!', please follow that with lots of expletives punctuated with home truths and you'll get the idea!

HBK
07-06-2015, 09:31
I know it's not the official PR (yet) but I can't help but notice that it's carefully worded: "Wet weather", "Night racing".

So yeah, as I expected, we're getting different times of day and wet tracks/rain. Very unlikely to be dynamic though. Not while rendering 1080p with 2xMSAA and keeping a rock solid 60 frames per second.

Still, looking forward to it :)

KkDrummer
07-06-2015, 10:23
I know it's not the official PR (yet) but I can't help but notice that it's carefully worded: "Wet weather", "Night racing".

So yeah, as I expected, we're getting different times of day and wet tracks/rain. Very unlikely to be dynamic though. Not while rendering 1080p with 2xMSAA and keeping a rock solid 60 frames per second.

Still, looking forward to it :) this! I noticed that as well....they are likely to be scripted races so I think they will keep the trend of short races which is a shame!

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 10:36
Weak hearted masses....... Lol I know a lot they like forza and project cars or IRacing. Depends on the mood

LADY GEMMA JANE
07-06-2015, 10:37
Forza 6 will be in my collection, I have all the forza series

mkstatto
07-06-2015, 10:50
Have to say as a serial Xbox user, I've never been fully enamoured with for a. Yes I bought a couple, but its always felt like driving a picture post card round a circuit. To add the physics have always felt wooden to me.

Project cars will still be light years ahead in my opinion.

LADY GEMMA JANE
07-06-2015, 10:55
Don't get me wrong I LOVE project cars, but I also love forza and GT on the ps3 for that matter

MULTIVITZ
07-06-2015, 11:07
The way fms nerfed the car performances in all and every edition has dishonour put all over it. Many don't think it matters, but its an immature attitude of the developers to think they can alter a cars performance and say its based on real stuff they did with real lasers and test drivers n more stuff lol. Don't believe the hype. Try before you buy? Its only a game. Project cars is here for a no nonsense experience, controller issues were unavoidable in the fast moving world of hardware!

Maruba
07-06-2015, 11:12
I'm really looking forward to the release. pCars is great but in my opinion just on the PC. it runs smoothly and i dont have any issues at all. and another point.someone mentioned the track number. as fa as i remember Turn10 said that they dont make any profit with DLC tracks. so they are going to release more cars. i think the license are cheaper and doing a laserscanned track like in AC it would cost them a lot of money. i'd like to race some normal cars too.thats what im missing in pCars at the moment though its still a great game especially with the right driving hardware

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 11:12
Forza 6 will be in my collection, I have all the forza series

Mine also. They really should send me freebies though :)

Gavin Thomas
07-06-2015, 11:18

I'd say your chances are slim unless you sent them freebies?

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 11:20
This is no forza vs. Pc thread. There's a thread where people can compare the two games. Forza never tried to be a racing simulation like project cars. Turn 10 been paid for to bring a game like Gt. A game that everyone can handle. A game who can play a Vater with his sons. One of the reason why forza had such poor single-layer is simply because Microsoft want force people to xbox live. Turn 10 is not completely free in their decision. I know a lot of people wished that Forza would be like project cars. But the guys are not paid for that. So comparison is unfair

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 11:36
I'd say your chances are slim unless you sent them freebies?

Well, I keep saying how great they are :)

(And although not Turn 10, MS do get a cut of our XBox sales)

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 11:37
This is no forza vs. Pc thread. There's a thread where people can compare the two games. Forza never tried to be a racing simulation like project cars. Turn 10 been paid for to bring a game like Gt. A game that everyone can handle. A game who can play a Vater with his sons. One of the reason why forza had such poor single-layer is simply because Microsoft want force people to xbox live. Turn 10 is not completely free in their decision. I know a lot of people wished that Forza would be like project cars. But the guys are not paid for that. So comparison is unfair

I can understand the motivation and logic in that, but I do recall 2 and 3 being much more 'simmy'.

Gavin Thomas
07-06-2015, 11:41
Well, I keep saying how great they are :)

(And although not Turn 10, MS do get a cut of our XBox sales)

That is true, you do like to say good things about them.
Not sure it will be enough, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your freebies.

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 11:45
that's true. With part 4 they have to promote the useless Kinect. They cut the races and you have no more tire wear and pitstops.

LADY GEMMA JANE
07-06-2015, 11:52
Yeah the Kinect is useless, does anyone actually use it ??
i heard it saps 10% of the xbox resources

Dorny
07-06-2015, 11:53
From the way the description is phrased I'm guessing Forza 6 wont have dynamic weather and lighting. Im guessing they are going to have wet races and night racing but they wont go from day to night or dry to rain. They will have the static lighting like they had in last forza 5 but have different profiles to set them to night or rain etc. Turn10 are good but there not wizards and magicians and can magically get power out of a box that doesn't exist and keeping to that solid 60 fps is going to limit them in ways that certain features like dynamic weather and lighting will have to be simplified

About the outsourcing operations to the cloud, I never understood how it could possibly happen, yes maybe in the future when internet speeds are alot faster and stable. But you can't have aspects of the visuals or game being done else where when lag or missed data packets can occur. Which would cause the game to hang or crash. The GPU, CPU and Ram communicate and run at such speeds that if one processing operation that is done by cloud cocks up due to lag or missed data package, then it crashes the whole system. I always felt it was more of a PR marketing than genuine feature.

HBK
07-06-2015, 11:58
this! I noticed that as well....they are likely to be scripted races so I think they will keep the trend of short races which is a shame!
Nah, who knows. Now that they have the Horizon spin-off, we may be getting a less arcady structure.

We definitely won't get a simulation to the level of pCARS, but we may be getting a more traditional "GT" experience with the return of "endurance" races (for example).

I wouldn't bet on it, personally. But it's definitely within the realm of possibilities.

Psychomatrix
07-06-2015, 12:10
what I'm asking me why dynamic weather are such a big thing. I've played on dreamcast games with dynamic day and night. (le mans 24 and metropolis street racer).

Dorny
07-06-2015, 12:24
what I'm asking me why dynamic weather are such a big thing. I've played on dreamcast games with dynamic day and night. (le mans 24 and metropolis street racer).

Because standards and expectations have drastically increased since the days of the dreamcast, where as back then a basic sky texture change and darkening the lighting was enough.

Nowadays you have vastly improved and resource hungry lighting, dynamic lighting from the cars and players, dynamic clouds, Ambient lighting and most importantly real time shadow rendering. Its mostly down to the dynamic shadows, its just such an expensive feature to use. Back then it was baked or faked shadows, which cost very little to render.

And why are they doing it? Because its the next logical feature to add to a racing game.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 12:34
From the way the description is phrased I'm guessing Forza 6 wont have dynamic weather and lighting. Im guessing they are going to have wet races and night racing but they wont go from day to night or dry to rain. They will have the static lighting like they had in last forza 5 but have different profiles to set them to night or rain etc. Turn10 are good but there not wizards and magicians and can magically get power out of a box that doesn't exist and keeping to that solid 60 fps is going to limit them in ways that certain features like dynamic weather and lighting will have to be simplified

About the outsourcing operations to the cloud, I never understood how it could possibly happen, yes maybe in the future when internet speeds are alot faster and stable. But you can't have aspects of the visuals or game being done else where when lag or missed data packets can occur. Which would cause the game to hang or crash. The GPU, CPU and Ram communicate and run at such speeds that if one processing operation that is done by cloud cocks up due to lag or missed data package, then it crashes the whole system. I always felt it was more of a PR marketing than genuine feature.

IF it's static this time then that's some pressure off of us. It's clear they want it though so FM7 will most likely have it.

On the performance. FM5 was a release product. I've spoken before about how much of a nightmare it is to work on yet Turn 10 hit 60FPS solid. Also, when you're working on one machine only you can tailor your code 'everywhere!' to that specific hardware. Cross platform games don't have that luxury. Finally, they are a first party company with the best access to the hardware/API plans etc.

I'm saying, we need to push and keep pushing hard if we're to stay ahead on 'race features'. If they don't go dynamic this time, I'd bet my hat they will next time. We will never beat them on car numbers but we can keep beating them on track numbers.

Then GT7 will be on the way and we'll get more pressure....

Dorny
07-06-2015, 12:43
IF it's static this time then that's some pressure off of us. It's clear they want it though so FM7 will most likely have it.

On the performance. FM5 was a release product. I've spoken before about how much of a nightmare it is to work on yet Turn 10 hit 60FPS solid. Also, when you're working on one machine only you can tailor your code 'everywhere!' to that specific hardware. Cross platform games don't have that luxury. Finally, they are a first party company with the best access to the hardware/API plans etc.

I'm saying, we need to push and keep pushing hard if we're to stay ahead on 'race features'. If they don't go dynamic this time, I'd bet my hat they will next time. We will never beat them on car numbers but we can keep beating them on track numbers.

Then GT7 will be on the way and we'll get more pressure....

Its GT7 that bothers me more than Forza 6 because the Forza games have been on a roll of success wise with both forza franchises receiving great reviews and sales, so why do they need to drastically change what they are doing.

Gran Turismo though has been taking a bit of a knock and isn't Sony's pride and joy getting lower to low review scores and people starting to get alienated by it due to it not changing really since the 3rd game and having the same poor sounds, AI and physics. Its the whole reason I came to Project cars in the first place as for me GT5 was such a let down that I've given up on the franchise. Yet back in the day everyone loved GT and it reviewed nearly perfect scores.

So I'm guessing GT7 will be a complete revamp as Sony wont want to let a franchise that big to become irrelevant. So Sony will chuck massive budgets at it, to get it back to its glory days, from what Ive been reading they have been hiring new staff and getting Forza's audio people etc.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 12:57
Its GT7 that bothers me more than Forza 6 because the Forza games have been on a roll of success wise with both forza franchises receiving great reviews and sales, so why do they need to drastically change what they are doing.

Gran Turismo though has been taking a bit of a knock and isn't Sony's pride and joy getting lower to low review scores and people starting to get alienated by it due to it not changing really since the 3rd game and having the same poor sounds, AI and physics. Its the whole reason I came to Project cars in the first place as for me GT5 was such a let down that I've given up on the franchise. Yet back in the day everyone loved GT and it reviewed nearly perfect scores.

So I'm guessing GT7 will be a complete revamp as Sony wont want to let a franchise that big to become irrelevant. So Sony will chuck massive budgets at it, to get it back to its glory days, from what Ive been reading they have been hiring new staff and getting Forza's audio people etc.

Yup, I can see all of that.

And what they did last time (graphically and FPS wise) on a PS3 was very very good. They just pushed the machine beyond its limits. With PS4 they can kill it.

Scav3nger
07-06-2015, 13:22

I don't think anyone really expected graphics or entire gameplay to be effectively "streamed" from the cloud. I used my example of drivatars to point out that certain information gets upload to (and downloaded from) the "cloud" to improve certain gameplay features. In Forza 5's case it was fairly basic but given this information on Forza 6 suggests the drivatars will be back I can only assume they're taking that feature to the next level. I could potentially also see a similar system being used in something like Halo to add AI, players gameplay style is uploaded and interpreted by the servers to create a "virtual Spartan" that plays like you. That would actually be a cool feature if it wouldn't be for everyone's AI team killing for the sniper rifle.

The concept that someone would be able to offload the physics of a high rise tower being blown up "to the cloud for all the advanced physics calculation" in a game of Battlefield (for example) was just marketing spin that won't go anywhere.

HBK
07-06-2015, 14:35
GT7's graphics will likely blow our socks off, that much is certain. Wether or not they'll be able to deliver a solid 60hz refresh is another matter entirely.

Still, as a franchise, GT is a mess. I mean Forza is arguably a bad sim, but it's a very good game. GT neither is a god sim, nor a good game, not anymore.

While I may not like where Forza seems to be heading, at least it's going somewhere. GT doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It's a bloated mess. Well, it is with its latest iterations anyway.

Still, I'm curious to see what dark magic they will use to improve their rendering. It's not called The Real Photomode Simulator for no reason :)

andrewz
07-06-2015, 15:41

Forza series seems pretty overrated to me. These are great games, they don't get delays, the quality is good, no doubt about that, but features list is quite weak (Kinect driving won't save it for sure). These guys from T10 go for certainty.

On the other side, there is GT. These games last very long time to be developed, it makes almost impossible things with limited hardware, lists of assets and features are huge (almost too much somewhere), but the consistence is where problems occur. In certain moments, it seems like you're playing a game from the future. In other moments, it seems like you got stuck in PlayStation 2 days.

I appreciate the second approach more, although things always can be better. Sales are on GT side. Reviews not so much. But it is much easier to complain about things that are present in the game ("standard" cars in GT5), rather than complain about things that are not present in the game (if we won't get dynamic weather even in FM6, it will be a shame, but will reviewers even notice that if they can make custom liveries?).

PD will show us like no other that we advanced to next generation. They always did it. But I would not expect too much in their first PS4 release in other areas. Kaz already stated that they will recycle their handling model from GT6 for example.

MULTIVITZ
07-06-2015, 16:06
In forza they have a cornering force limit imposed to every car. As a tuner I felt it alot, at the end of the day it was up to the players to drive fast in something they liked, some found anomalies in the coding that allowed for glitching. I refused to follow the glitching root, but encountered it sometimes whilst playing/tuning. Project cars I hope has a limit of grip that is beyond the normal envelope their developers have decided is realistic as coincidence of factors can give massive gains in performance, sometimes missed in game physics. If an unrealistic performace barrier, or enhancment appears I hope it will get delt with. Unlike the inactions of Turn 10!!
And as for cloud.....well?

Robert Gerke
07-06-2015, 16:13
My whole Simracing Expirience started and was based on FM2-4. But i have only one Comment,

"Turn10.....please come Back to the Roots off FM2. Give us more of the where of your
always talks, more motorsport and no new arcade racer!"

without...

- real Qualifiing
- real Damage
- real Wear
- Pitstops
- and last ...a real Netcode.

then you would win back many fans a lot that you have scared!

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 16:19
I agree with all you say here Robert, but hope they don't do it all too quickly :)

Mods, remove one of his infractions.

Robert Gerke
07-06-2015, 16:22
;) :yes:

... we just have to be faster and better .... no problem for you,
with the current experience! :)

Aldo Zampatti
07-06-2015, 16:25
Mods, remove one of his infractions.

Done

rbracer
07-06-2015, 17:03

Ah didn't you mention somewhere else that you owned a Ferrari. Maybe if you owned the new Ford you'd get it for free with the car, since it will be on the cover. Either way I will own both and be happy.

Come October I will be full immersed into Forza 6, I've put down FM5 and FH2 some time ago. PCars and iRacing have my current interests during Motorsports season so to speak.

ermo
07-06-2015, 17:54
Guys, can Robert Gerke please be allowed to post in both English and German? I think that would get some of the nuances across better. Thanks. :)

Robert Gerke
07-06-2015, 19:55
My whole Simracing Expirience started and was based on FM2-4. But i have only one Comment,

"Turn10.....please come Back to the Roots off FM2. Give us more of the where of your
always talks, more motorsport and no new arcade racer!"

without...

- real Qualifiing
- real Damage
- real Wear
- Pitstops
- and last ...a real Netcode.

then you would win back many fans a lot that you have scared!

Translation:

Ok, ich hoffe das ist als Ausnahme mal erlaubt. Wir als Club begannen 2007 unsere
Simracing Karriere mit FM2. Schaut Euch dazu mal die 2 Videos an, dann wisst Ihr wie sehr wir
das Game geliebt haben. Aber leider hat Turn10 alles das was Motorsport ausmacht, immer
mehr aus dem Game gestrichen.

WOBSPEED Classic´s - The Transformation 2007 - 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5za1wL3Gw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAE8ssYcOm8

Darum meine klare Aussage.... in Forza Motorsport 3-5 ist so wenig Motorsport drin wie, "Milch in Nutella".

was nützen 500+ Wagen und eine tolle Optik, ohne die Features die Motorsport wirklich
ausmachen. NICHTS und somit ist FM auch keine Motorsportsimulation, nicht mal im Ansatz!

Und pCars hat (fast) alles das was FM vermissen lässt, denn Grafik ist nicht alles.

SuperNufcfan1
07-06-2015, 22:34
I personally prefer Forza Motorsport 5, mainly for the Drivatar (or however its spelt) feature as I feel its more enjoyable that playing against random AI. I am excited for FM6 but I feel like PCars is kinda bridging that gap after I got bored with FM5 after playing it for days straight. In that respect thanks! From playing PCars though I have seen what a proper racing sim can do (I dont have a good PC so I cant get racing sims like Asseto Corsa etc so I'm stuck on console) actually do so once again thanks!

Im Sorry
07-06-2015, 23:07
I personally prefer Forza Motorsport 5, mainly for the Drivatar (or however its spelt) feature as I feel its more enjoyable that playing against random AI. I am excited for FM6 but I feel like PCars is kinda bridging that gap after I got bored with FM5 after playing it for days straight. In that respect thanks! From playing PCars though I have seen what a proper racing sim can do (I dont have a good PC so I cant get racing sims like Asseto Corsa etc so I'm stuck on console) actually do so once again thanks!

Seriously! FM5 is one of the most boring driving games I've ever played.FM6 will need to be light years better to get my attention. I'm hoping by the time it comes out Project Cars will have added another good bit of content"cars" to keep me happy.

SuperNufcfan1
07-06-2015, 23:43
Seriously! FM5 is one of the most boring driving games I've ever played.FM6 will need to be light years better to get my attention. I'm hoping by the time it comes out Project Cars will have added another good bit of content"cars" to keep me happy.

Also I like in all the recent FM games how there is a Custom Livery creator which I was sad to see not on the console version. I have some friends on PS4 who even had competitions on GRID Autosport to see who could create the best one, so it was a shame not to see this in the game.

OrenIshii BE
08-06-2015, 08:04
I've read it again a few times now. I'm surprised they don't mention dynamic at any point. Not for weather nor for 'night'.

If this is accurate and I'm doubting it right now, then we have less pressure than I initially expected.

I think you need to stop being so naive Ian.
Everyone knows that car count is not important, but if you look at your (pCars) wishlist of cars the community here asks for.
You can't denied that you need a massive amount of cars the cater everyone's desires!

I'm happy with the cars in pCars, i'm all for more race cars, but half the people on this forum want more road cars.
If Forza 6 have more race cars (recent ones) then i'll be buying it.

Ian Bell
08-06-2015, 08:06
I think you need to stop being so naive Ian.
Everyone knows that car count is not important, but if you look at your (pCars) wishlist of cars the community here asks for.
You can't denied that you need a massive amount of cars the cater everyone's desires!

I'm happy with the cars in pCars, i'm all for more race cars, but half the people on this forum want more road cars.
If Forza 6 have more race cars (recent ones) then i'll be buying it.

I"m not being naive at all.

1. I've clearly stated myself we're track heavy and car lite.
2. Getting over 100 adds a lot of cars to our game.
3. Why the need to use 'naive'... What a horrible thing to call someone.

You're arguing with yourself.

Ian Bell
08-06-2015, 08:12
Naive
adjective
having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous.
having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous:
She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has a very naive attitude toward politics.
having or marked by a simple, unaffectedly direct style reflecting little or no formal training or technique:
valuable naive 19th-century American portrait paintings.
not having previously been the subject of a scientific experiment, as an animal.

Read the above, and try to be more careful slinging around abusive terms.

OrenIshii BE
08-06-2015, 08:23
It was not meant in a disrespectful way,

Just hard to believe you do not think car count is important enough,
Enough people around here claim to not buy a game if it doesn't have a certain car (highly doubtfull imo)
This just shows that you can't please everyone, because you clearly cannot put every single car on the planet in your game.

You (SMS) choose to go down the path of race-cars, i'm really glad you did,
I hope more race series come to pCars (WTCC for one)

Ian Bell
08-06-2015, 08:27
It was not meant in a disrespectful way,

Just hard to believe you do not think car count is important enough,
Enough people around here claim to not buy a game if it doesn't have a certain car (highly doubtfull imo)
This just shows that you can't please everyone, because you clearly cannot put every single car on the planet in your game.

You (SMS) choose to go down the path of race-cars, i'm really glad you did,
I hope more race series come to pCars (WTCC for one)

Give me strength.

I never said I don't believe car count is important. I said i think track count is MORE important.

Again, as above, I've clearly stated I want more cars. I've stated this multiple times in the forum and just above here in this very thread.

OrenIshii BE
08-06-2015, 08:35
I know Ian,
thats why i also said 'important enough'

tracks are more important to me too,
but in general it is 50/50, they are both as important.
racegames sell for having lots of track, others buy racegames for having a wide variety of cars
Each their own i guess

i'll stop now, because i misunderstood you, and maybe have jumped the gun,

i'll behave from now on Ian ;-)

MULTIVITZ
08-06-2015, 08:40
Now now this ain't getting us nowhere. You're both just going around in circles?
I know the exclusive pit crew on pC are colour coordinated, are there going to be different colours/if so, can we choose the colour?
Or am I askkng too much at this time?
Thanks in advance.

HBK
08-06-2015, 09:34
Track count is definitely more important than car count ... for "gamers". Because having a bigger (and more diverse) playground is more important than having more toys to play with. Especially when you already have a fair number of them.

Still, there are a number of other consumers which deem the car roster as more important.

It may be because they just want to find a few cars they actually know from real life (which is, well, likelier the higher the car count).
It may be because they fall for the comparison marketing tricks, aka. "you need to have bigger numbers than your competitors".
It may be because that's their way of assessing "value", as these games tend to fall under the "gotta catch'em all" category.

Whatever may be their reasons, many people value car count over many things.

Such is the way of the force.

On a side note, I wouldn't call pCARS "track heavy". The game definitely have a decent number of tracks, but around 30 tracks(*) is far from being "track heavy".

(*) Actual track locations, variations/ribbons are nice, but they're still the same track when you know them.

The number of cars is nice in pCARS (although more won't hurt, obviously). More tracks would be preferable IMO.

Scav3nger
08-06-2015, 10:40
The number of cars is nice in pCARS (although more won't hurt, obviously). More tracks would be preferable IMO.

Most people seem to default to Formula A, GT and/or Sportscar racing at the moment anyway, so I think more tracks is the much more preferred option (from my perspective anyway). Not that I'd argue against adding some more vehicles of course :P

E3 is going to be very interesting next week, almost tempted to sit up at 2:30am to watch the Xbox presser and see what they've come up with over the last couple of years. They need to do something to add a bit more zing back into the series. Lately it'd been Horizon doing most of that. Interested to see how it plays out.

FMS
08-06-2015, 11:13
More tracks, more cars... A tell thi, when I wurra lad, a lump o' coal yoost to keep us 'appy fer 'ours on end. Heh.

HBK
08-06-2015, 12:04
MS's conf is at the usual time right ? Around 7pm (French time) ?

Yeah, of course I'll be there :)

I'd also watch Sony's conf if it wasn't at 2 or 3am from here :D

Cornflex
08-06-2015, 12:25
I don't think car count or track count are the most important things in a racing game.
The most important thing to me is the number of options I have. I want to be able to set up the game as I want it. The more dynamic (events, weather, time of day, damage model etc.) a simulation the more fun it is.

PCars in on the right track I think. You can nearly adjust anything you like.

The forza series is far more limited.

OrenIshii BE
08-06-2015, 12:51
The more dynamic (events, weather, time of day, damage model etc.) a simulation the more fun it is.

I agree on that one! Flexability is key

The forza series is far more limited.

true, for now.
Lets see how Turn10 is going to implement nightraces and weather.

Cornflex
08-06-2015, 13:35
I agree on that one! Flexability is key
true, for now.
Lets see how Turn10 is going to implement nightraces and weather.

However they implement weather and night races, Forza will always have those story or festival elements. :hopelessness:
It will never be a true simulation.
But it's okay, it's just another type of racing game.

Raven403
08-06-2015, 13:45
Forza wont be because they dont want to be, and why would they. They pull people from both schools of racing, Arcade/Casual racer/gamers, and hardcore/sim types so they easily outsell the games that cater to the latter. Just how it is, not to mention their built in Fan boys, I mean Base

Psychomatrix
08-06-2015, 13:53
For What I blame microsoft is that you can't configure you own races in singleplayer......but oh what wonder if you have live account you can create everthing laps, cars and in singleplayer you can only run 2 lap free races. In forza 5 they have give you that feature back but you can't choose the cars against you want to drive. For example project gotham racing 4 allow you everything. It's a strategy to force people into xbox live. I know some people they only buy a live account because tgey want to create their own races. They have reduced step by step the singleplayer features. In part 4 they cut endurance races and championships. I hope they realize that this one of the things they let people step away from tge series. You have all this great gt1, gt2, gt3, lmp cars in part 4 and can't drive championship. Btw create your own championships it's a feature that I miss in project cars. In gtr evolution I have always create my own championships.

OrenIshii BE
08-06-2015, 14:02
However they implement weather and night races, Forza will always have those story or festival elements. :hopelessness:
It will never be a true simulation.
But it's okay, it's just another type of racing game.

you're refering to Horizon?

And about the 'true sim' idea.
Maybe so, but i do feel the same for pCars while playing it with a controller!
As realistic as every physics are done in race games, nothing feels truely sim if you don't have a proper setup.

Sankyo
08-06-2015, 14:11
Track count is definitely more important than car count ... for "gamers". Because having a bigger (and more diverse) playground is more important than having more toys to play with. Especially when you already have a fair number of them.

I'd actually say more tracks is more important for racers. Real-life racing series are about racing the same car on lots of different tracks, and not the other way around :)

HBK
08-06-2015, 14:48
Also, yes :)

HotRockin
08-06-2015, 14:52
Looks like FM6 just picked up Porsche as well....
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/08/porsche-returns-forza-horizon-2-expansion-video/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

Frankly, I'll be buying it. I looove Project CARS. But I've always enjoyed FM. I just picked up a wheel for the first time because of Project CARS and I will say, I hope Forza works on their control system. I was a top 200 player on Forza with a pad but I can hardly drive it with a wheel with the way the car snap oversteers. I guess I'll get used to it. I've only had it for 5 days now and with 2 kids that means I've played for a couple hours. But wow the difference in Project CARS and Forza in that aspect is night and day. *pun not intended but I just realized it's there. :)

LADY GEMMA JANE
08-06-2015, 14:56
Looks like FM6 just picked up Porsche as well....
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/08/porsche-returns-forza-horizon-2-expansion-video/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

Awesome!

TheReaper GT
08-06-2015, 16:44
The porsche expansion coin machine all over again. I could be wrong but I'll bet anyway, FM6 will not have porsches at launch, it will be a paid DLC for latter, mark my words.

oscarolim
08-06-2015, 16:53
Probably the deal with EA wasn't cheap. That's the problem when you can't deal directly with the automaker.

TheReaper GT
08-06-2015, 18:43
Probably the deal with EA wasn't cheap. That's the problem when you can't deal directly with the automaker.

i've cought myself trying to figure what had ea pulled to convince porsche to sign that ultrageous agreement. I mean, I know money is a huge aspect in those negotiations, but I can't believe EA paid the astronomical amount of money required to own Porsches rights for that many years. I also doubt that the agreements with other developers like T10/Microsoft would be enough to bring that kind of cash back to EA. The only thing I could come up is that someone on Porsche's legal department didn't read the contract before sign it and that person is now washing windows at some street sign.

Ian Bell
08-06-2015, 18:45
What can I say, we have to take the RUF with the smooth.

Raven403
08-06-2015, 18:46
What can I say, we have to take the RUF with the smooth.

:hopelessness:

Psychomatrix
08-06-2015, 18:58

You're right. I will pay the money. I say only 911 GT1, 911 GT3 RSR (991), 962 and maybe they have the 919 hybrid. so every porsche fan with a xbox one will buy this....... ok he must like racing games. Porsche is something unique. Only comparable to ferrari. And ferrari is in the game too.

HotRockin
08-06-2015, 19:52
The porsche expansion coin machine all over again. I could be wrong but I'll bet anyway, FM6 will not have porsches at launch, it will be a paid DLC for latter, mark my words.

I agree with your point about the coin machine again for Horizon 2. Thankfully, this expansion has come at a time when I've pretty much lost interest in the game now that PC has launched. But I'd take that bet about FM6 having Porsche at launch. The guys at Turn10 and MS are pretty slick marketers if nothing else and I can't imagine they'd announce Porsche as DLC at the same time they're announcing the core features of the game. That seems counter-intuitive to me.

TheReaper GT
08-06-2015, 20:54
I agree with your point about the coin machine again for Horizon 2. Thankfully, this expansion has come at a time when I've pretty much lost interest in the game now that PC has launched. But I'd take that bet about FM6 having Porsche at launch. The guys at Turn10 and MS are pretty slick marketers if nothing else and I can't imagine they'd announce Porsche as DLC at the same time they're announcing the core features of the game. That seems counter-intuitive to me.

I understand the logic of your thoughts, MS in the other hand show no logic at all when it comes to that kind of decision. No Porsches for FM5 for instance. I hope you are right tho.

Zac512
08-06-2015, 21:00
I could be wrong but I'll bet anyway, FM6 will not have porsches at launch, it will be a paid DLC for latter, mark my words.

Ok. How much do you want to bet?

TheReaper GT
08-06-2015, 21:10
Ok. How much do you want to bet?

Two million seems reasonable fair. :D

Dominic Mako
08-06-2015, 21:27
The real question is will FM6 be able to host more than 8 people in a lobby without totally crashing the game. I know that should be a low bar to clear in 2015, but it would be nice to have.

Mario Navarrete
09-06-2015, 02:51
So it appears that turn 10 is feeling the pressure. they are finally adding night and rain to the forza franchise.

Here are some details. i copied the contents of the page.

The Japanese Xbox site accidentally posted information about the forthcoming Forza 6 game, and it looks incredible

We were supposed to be getting our first look at Forza Motorsport 6 at this year’s E3 in a couple of weeks, but the Japanese Xbox site has let new information slip ahead of schedule. You can look forward to night racing, wet weather, and 3D puddles, which have previously only featured in the Forza Horizon series.

One of the biggest complaints Forza 5 received was that it had a frustratingly small number of cars. According to the listing, Forza 6 will address that with more than 450 cars, including the Ferrari 458 Speciale, Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo, and the new Ford GT, which will adorn the game’s cover. There will also be 26 locations including Daytona and Rio.

With time of day, weather effects and more GT racing cars, it would appear that Forza Motorsport 6 has seen the success of Project Cars and intends to fight it head on. The latter has suffered a multitude of bugs, and although it has mostly been received well, there are a lot of minor issues that have frustrated buyers. Turn 10, with all its Microsoft-backed might, will likely want to deliver an experience similar to Project Cars, but with all the polish you can expect from a major studio.

Other information revealed include the fact the game will run at 60fps in 1080p, and will have full cockpits, full damage modelling, split-screen multiplayer, 24-player races, and the return of cloud-powered AI ‘Drivatar’ opponent.

OperatorWay
09-06-2015, 02:57
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?133

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30015

Forum Rules - Please read. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25307)
"...Search first. Try and do a forum and FAQ search before posting a new thread or posting on a topic, and use existing threads to post/discuss similar issues..."

LordDRIFT
09-06-2015, 03:04
Project cars will have everyone on their toes . Curious to see how GT will respond now their PS reign is in jeopardy. It will only mean good things for us. GT had never really had a true contender.

Mario Navarrete
09-06-2015, 03:05
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?133

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30015

Forum Rules - Please read. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25307)
"...Search first. Try and do a forum and FAQ search before posting a new thread or posting on a topic, and use existing threads to post/discuss similar issues..."

I didnt see any threads about this. so im just asking

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 03:15
Project cars will have everyone on their toes . Curious to see how GT will respond now their PS reign is in jeopardy. It will only mean good things for us. GT had never really had a true contender.

Dude I honestly don't think this game will really hurt T10 or PD. They will sell millions regardless. But it is nice to have more Sim options on consoles.

transfix
09-06-2015, 03:39
I wish EA would loosen their grip on the Porsche license. Been a huge fan since I was a kid and not being able to enjoy them in current Gen games like PCars is torture.

CustomInternals
09-06-2015, 04:22
I don't consider myself a Forza "Fanboy" but I will say my favorite racing game of all time was Forza 4. I also consider myself a realist and no matter what Forza does, they will always have one main ingredient that PCars does not. As long PCars stays with their current formula of course. That ingredient is customizing. People love to customize their cars and be "original". Yes, you can make liveries on PCars on PC if you have the proper program/skills. A lot of people don't have those skills and even if they did, that isn't the only form of customizing. Adding different engines, wheels, engine upgrades has always been a winning formula for both Forza and GT. PCars doesn't have this. I like different racing games for different reasons. Forza also has the pick up and play style going for it. I have a ton of friends that can play Forza with me and have a great time. Most of these people don't have the essentials for the same experience on PCars. Whether that be skill or peripherals (wheel, pedals, cockpit, etc.). I myself didn't care much for Forza 5 but that was more due to the features they removed and the fact that a lot of people still haven't switched to the new systems. A lot of people aren't as hardcore as we are and most of my friends that I played with are those people. I wasn't as hyped for Forza 5 as I was for the previous iterations and was right in being that way I think. With Forza 6 I am more hyped than I was for Forza 5 but not as hyped as I was for PCars. The real hype for me comes from the fact that they ARE competition and only good things will come from competition. At least when it comes to the consumer. Forza 6 and GT7 could both tank but even if they do, which I doubt, they will still make this game better. Don't think so? How many other threads have you seen the head honcho reply multiple times because of a few lines of text? Trust me, they will all be trying to outdo each other and that will only mean great things in our future. Here's to hoping that they all make fantastic games for all of us to enjoy while trying to outdo each other!!!

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 05:37