PDA

View Full Version : Force switched to different Endurance Series?

Coobra
06-06-2015, 18:02
Started my career in GT5 and worked my way up to Endurance Series so far. Joined the European Endurance Series and won the first race at Silverstone. Now I am only able to enter the 2nd race of the American Endurance Series, the EES is locked by "Series in progress". In the results tab I am listed correctly as the winner of the first EES race, but somehow I am also listed as having achieved a 4th place in the AES - which would indicate godlike skills of omnipresence, as both happen on the same weekend (and I am pretty sure I never took part in this race). Did anyone else experience this or has this been reported already? Is there a way to continue the European Series? I'm on PC.

Morgan Henstridge
06-06-2015, 21:49
Hi Coobra, I have not heard of this happening before...

I know if the events are on the same weekend, left and right arrows when viewing the event will show the sessions for every event on that day that you are eligible for.

I have not done the endurance series yet, but which Team and Car are you running for in the endurance series?? it may be something particular to this specific combination that someone else may be able to test and verify.

Coobra
07-06-2015, 04:36
I'm running a P30 LMP1 by Torque Riders. When you skip an event of a series you already entered, does the AI "drive" for you and produce a race result? Or will it just count as not attended? Maybe, when it it did the "Collecting results" routine after my first race in the EES, it accidently treated me has having signed up for the AES und produced an AI race result and now locked me into this series.

Morgan Henstridge
07-06-2015, 05:14
I think Skip would just be like a DNF, as there is also a Simulate option.

But I have not tried either myself.

If you won the first race at Silverstone, that should have locked you into the Euro season, not the US season. Does it show you as having any points for the first round in the US season??

Coobra
07-06-2015, 08:23
Yes it does. I got 12 points for achieving 4th (out of 6) in the AES and 26 for 1st place (and qualifying win) in the EES. I'll see if I can reproduce this by jumping directly into the EES in a new career and then simulating to the end of all sessions.

Mad Al
07-06-2015, 09:53
Hi Coobra, I have not heard of this happening before...

I know if the events are on the same weekend, left and right arrows when viewing the event will show the sessions for every event on that day that you are eligible for.

I have not done the endurance series yet, but which Team and Car are you running for in the endurance series?? it may be something particular to this specific combination that someone else may be able to test and verify.

Check the Career testing thread in the QA section on WMD... I reported the same in the LMP2 series... switched after first round from US to Euro series..