PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Fans

MLT24
06-06-2015, 21:02
I'm in NC, USA. I like to race all cars and tracks but I like to get serious about running nascar races. Do some x4 tires and gas, run about 20 laps or so causing some strategy to play a part of you run. If interested send f/r and include Nascar in message. Oh and I run with wheel. Controllers ok as long as your a good clean racer.

Beatminister
07-06-2015, 10:40
I'm in NC, USA. I like to race all cars and tracks but I like to get serious about running nascar races. Do some x4 tires and gas, run about 20 laps or so causing some strategy to play a part of you run. If interested send f/r and include Nascar in message. Oh and I run with wheel. Controllers ok as long as your a good clean racer.

I liked Nascar racing ever since, and used to race the old NASCAR and NASCAR 2 sims on the PC many years ago. Regretably there is not much Nascar related stuff in PCars yet. I and some other here have suggested it to the developers, and they say they may bring a Nascar add on out at some point - I think there are legal and financial issues involved.

There is only the Caper stock car as yet, and its good fun on a track without to many turns. I tried Watkins Glen Short and some 1 mile track in England and its ok. But not really Nascar racing, of course. Lets wait and see.

JayChristmas
07-06-2015, 11:15
I liked Nascar racing ever since, and used to race the old NASCAR and NASCAR 2 sims on the PC many years ago. Regretably there is not much Nascar related stuff in PCars yet. I and some other here have suggested it to the developers, and they say they may bring a Nascar add on out at some point - I think there are legal and financial issues involved.

There is only the Caper stock car as yet, and its good fun on a track without to many turns. I tried Watkins Glen Short and some 1 mile track in England and its ok. But not really Nascar racing, of course. Lets wait and see.

But it's also a lot of fun running that stockcars on others tracks, not only on the oval!
Stockcar, Group 5 and perhaps Group A needs a bit more skill and attention than a gt3 or lmp car where you can use gas and brake like a switch throwing the cars with maximum steering into the turns!

I raced last night with MTL24 and another friend on mine and it's great to run these stockcars! I hope we can find more fine people for sessions like that! :)

Beatminister
08-06-2015, 20:27
Sure you can have fun with every car. But the Nascar cars are made for the ovals, its a completely different kind of driving in a oval. Also there are the asymetric setups and all that. This is all missing in PCars so far.

Umer Ahmad
08-06-2015, 20:35
Check again, pretty aure asymmetric setups is in the game

redline2400
11-06-2015, 01:34
Rumor has it there's an IndyCar/oval DLC coming out, as well as a modern Ford NASCAR (Gen. 6 of COT, if I'm not mistaken. Haven't kept up with the series for awhile). Seems like it will include Daytona and Indy.

But don't quote me on any of this, rumors are rumors.

Rompin Donkey
14-06-2015, 13:41
PRO CARS RACING CLUB....all on wheels no aids incar view only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=duTkWfeM4ZE

JUST POSTED THIS TO SHOW YOU CAN RUN NASCAR ON OTHER TRACKS THAN OVALS GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RACES

JayChristmas
15-06-2015, 21:40
PRO CARS RACING CLUB....all on wheels no aids incar view only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=duTkWfeM4ZE

JUST POSTED THIS TO SHOW YOU CAN RUN NASCAR ON OTHER TRACKS THAN OVALS GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RACES

I.agree! It's awesome to run that cars on gp tracks! possible 7 on Splitter and 70 on.rear wing, what doesnt seem to.be for a oval! And that cars weight 1650kg what is realy nice to race!

Problem is, i Set Lobbies to manual shift, Cockpit view fix and no.assists,damages on, that the crashkids go out!
But not many people Join that Lobbies!
Gt3 is too much grip for me, lmp too and too fast to have longer fun!
So i prefer the stockcars! All people have the same car, what is really fair and its easy to shift manual