PDA

View Full Version : Car setups/tuning.

tclancey
06-06-2015, 21:12
How does pCars store car setups?

I'm working through the tracks off line at the moment and only using one car, so I haven't thoroughly explored this, but how is car setup data stored?

Is it Car by track, or just by car?
If only by car, how do I save a setup per track?
How do you store a wet setup?

Thanks.

mitch09
06-06-2015, 21:18
It is by both! But you can tune that car, and save it for all tracks - to do that you need to go to the "garage", edit setup >> save >> all tracks >> save. Its not like (for example) Forza where you can name a setup either, which is a pain in the ass because setup may change pending on weather and seasonal characteristics from one race to the next. The tune loaded ia what ever you last saved, so you cant just "load" a tune and off you go. If you need to change from a "dry track" tune to a "wet track" tune, you need to manually make those adjustments. Its a small gripe of mine buuut its not a drama.

Ive just created a tuning spreadsheet on my phone where I am physically noting and saving each tune I do in each car and track.

tclancey
07-06-2015, 10:52
Yeah, it is a pain. A way to name saved setups would be a definite advantage, and from the race day as well, after all most setup changes are done on the day at the track.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 11:41
It will be implemented at some stage but don't ask me when.

tclancey
07-06-2015, 21:03
Oo lovely, that's great to hear. Thumbs up!!