PDA

View Full Version : Why i still cant get good FFB

ozm8ey
06-06-2015, 22:08
I have been trying to get a force feedback setting that i am happy with since the game came out and have failed. I have tried every possible setting, I have tuned the force feedback in the cars, I have tried using FFB tweaker files but still no luck. other games like forza, the crew, assetto corsa all run good but this game fails for me in the force feedback part. It just doesn't ever feel strong enough. The main problem I'm having is when I'm driving really slow or at idle it feel really good but as you start to accelerate the force feedback becomes lose. also when i spin out or anything i just don't feel the force feedback enough. Its not up to my standards.

jason
06-06-2015, 23:27
Format ? I can only assume your PC as you mention assetto corsa .

What wheel ?

Roger Prynne
06-06-2015, 23:32
Well he is in the 'PC - Technical Help & Support' Thread ;)

Yeah we can't help you if we don't know what wheel you are using.

FFB is great for me with a G25 and always has been.

ozm8ey
06-06-2015, 23:38
I'm using a PC and my wheel is an Fanatec CSR (Non elite)

turbohondaej1
07-06-2015, 01:23
I'm using a PC and my wheel is an Fanatec CSR (Non elite)

Have you tried turning just the relative gain up?

Griffith4922
07-06-2015, 01:26
I have the same feeling,too.

can't feel the tire grip or bady movement at high speed,

I use the G27 wheel and try lots of FFB setting, but still doesn't work...

BillyD
07-06-2015, 01:41
Have you tried these 2 threads? http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?121-PC-Technical-Help-amp-Support and http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files I edited Deadzone Removal Range with a value from wheel checker as per the OP from the first link, then copied over the standard FFB folder from the zip file from the second link. This has made a huge difference to the feel of my G27 wheel. Maybe these could help with your issue.

tr0ubles0me
07-06-2015, 01:59
Try lowering Speed Sensitivity in Options > Controls > Configuration (second tab, between Control Scheme and Edit Assignments). I have mine set to 0.25 (default was 0.50) and now pCARS feels as good as Assetto Corsa. I'm also using Jack Spades Tweaker Files v1.5, variant 2. Everything else is pretty much standard, except dead zones are all set to 0.

Liquid_Drummer
07-06-2015, 02:54
I have a Fanatec GT2 which is pretty much the same as a CSR internally. I could not get a good feeling with the Fanatec drivers and nearly gave up on it when I remembered most Fanatec wheels emulate the g25/g27 in Ps3 mode. After some searching I found there were a few people already doing this so I decided to remove the Fanatec driver, install the Logitech Profiler and run the wheel as if it were a Logitech in Ps3 mode on the PC. My god ! The force feedback was instantly snappier and with more detail in everything. Plus the Logitech driver gives you far more options. Run 900 and a drift of about 3 with the Logitech drivers and the Jack Spade tweak files. Feels like a whole new game !

Griffith4922
07-06-2015, 04:34
Have you tried these 2 threads? http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?121-PC-Technical-Help-amp-Support and http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files I edited Deadzone Removal Range with a value from wheel checker as per the OP from the first link, then copied over the standard FFB folder from the zip file from the second link. This has made a huge difference to the feel of my G27 wheel. Maybe these could help with your issue.

Thanks BillyD sharing the link.

I tried the 2 threads,correct the Deadzone Removal Zone to 0.18 ,and copied the Jack Spade's FFB files, then feels very good on my G27 wheel ,

I can clealy feel the tire grip,body (front & rear) movement and bump,thanks all of you!!

randomqwerty
07-06-2015, 18:44
Try lowering Speed Sensitivity in Options > Controls > Configuration (second tab, between Control Scheme and Edit Assignments). I have mine set to 0.25 (default was 0.50) and now pCARS feels as good as Assetto Corsa. I'm also using Jack Spades Tweaker Files v1.5, variant 2. Everything else is pretty much standard, except dead zones are all set to 0.

First of all Speed Sensitivity has a range from 0 to 100, so yours is not set at 0.25.
Second of all your claim that pcars feels as good as AC is complete and proveable nonsense.

randomqwerty
07-06-2015, 18:46
Thanks BillyD sharing the link.

I tried the 2 threads,correct the Deadzone Removal Zone to 0.18 ,and copied the Jack Spade's FFB files, then feels very good on my G27 wheel ,

I can clealy feel the tire grip,body (front & rear) movement and bump,thanks all of you!!

I don't believe you. I have set my FFB deadzone correctly and have tried the tweaker files and just about everything else suggested on this site and others and none of it has made a damned bit of difference to what is a lifeless FFB experience with pcars.
I reckon you are a shill who posts that things are fixed just to try and fool people. Well you aint foolin me kiddo.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 18:52
I don't believe you. I have set my FFB deadzone correctly and have tried the tweaker files and just about everything else suggested on this site and others and none of it has made a damned bit of difference to what is a lifeless FFB experience with pcars.
I reckon you are a shill who posts that things are fixed just to try and fool people. Well you aint foolin me kiddo.
Why would you say that?
No probs here and great FFB.
What wheel have you got?

Blvd69
07-06-2015, 20:01
hello..goodbye

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 20:03
^^^ Why are you posting this all over the forum?

Sankyo
07-06-2015, 20:04
Seriously, the fact that you have a subjective issue with the game's FFB doesn't mean that other people are lying when they say their FFB is good. You should try and explain what you're expecting and experiencing instead of just stating you tried "everything [...] suggested on this site" and the FFB is still not good for you. People could also accuse you of lying just the same, as many people (me included) experience great FFB even on default settings.

ozm8ey
07-06-2015, 22:50
ok i think i got it going good. I increased the steering sensitivity to 50 and increased the per wheel movement by about 0.20 and now it actually feel pretty good.