PDA

View Full Version : Project No Brain Drivers + Track rules

Iwanchek
07-06-2015, 10:59
This should be new title for the game bīcoz online racing combined with the stupid track rules are just idiotic..!!

Yesterday i drove 10 races two of them were "ok", drivable the rest is just pushing of the track, smashing etc....best part is when a dude on purpose hits me and i get damage on the car (logically) and get penalty!!

- Dear drivers when someone is on a fast lap (quali), and heīs lighting u all the damn time, please, leave bit space or move a side

- During a fast lap, dont block our way our racing line...please....

- If someone is battling u, and if someone is faster, dont push him out of the track, dont hit him on purpose or let him come to same car level as u are and push him out of the track!!

- On the first chicanes, dont be brainless and hit everyone, youīve brake, use it and brain-use this of most, please!!

This game is simulation not like Need for speed or other Arcade sh*t, so please, go practice first be4 u enter online lobbies and make complete idiot of ur self..!!!

Thnx for reading!!

ADDING ONLY THIS ONE:

I dont wanna comment the track rules or regulations, theīre just idiotic, i hope theyīll come soon as a pathc, bīcoz this was of racing makes no fun!

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 12:34
It's all the kids mate, you need to join a league or something, and it's not SMS's fault that they are like that.

LADY GEMMA JANE
07-06-2015, 12:36
All multiplayer racing games are the same,
best join a party with your friends

Wolkenwolf
07-06-2015, 13:25
Sadly,there is no technical solution to filter the usual idiot.
Nevertheless there could be a penalty system, admin kicks etc and one should not be able to join a open online race if not driven 100 laps on the track.

Iwanchek
07-06-2015, 14:55
i dont have any friends on Project Cars, so iīm searching some lobbies online but all crap!

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 15:25
i dont have any friends on Project Cars, so iīm searching some lobbies online but all crap!

Join one of these then... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

OperatorWay
07-06-2015, 21:23
...one should not be able to join a open online race if not driven 100 laps on the track.
I like that idea. In order to race on a track in a public online lobby, it might be nice to have a very elementary "license test" requiring players simply to first demonstrate in any single-player mode or in a private lobby that they can cleanly (without off-track or collision penalties) achieve at least one reasonable lap time on that track. (...It needn't be a competitively fast lap time, just something that proves the player has sufficient track knowledge & car control to not be a serious impediment to other clean racers.)

DUST2DEATH
07-06-2015, 21:24
Join one of these then... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

no, this isnt a solution, and never has been. Its always a band aid for crap multiplayer systems.

I tried to race several times yesterday and could only find 1 lobby that was constantly broken all damn day. I gave up. Im not changing my download region, thats just completely bs. (all that will do is show me games Im going to lag in due to being is AUS) I shouldnt have to join a league to play multiplayer. My times (to play) are not the same as your times.

The only game that has ever got this right is iracing, for all its faults.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 21:49
Oh well suit yourself.

DUST2DEATH
07-06-2015, 21:56
Oh well suit yourself.

Not really, but there is no choice. Either lag and ruin everyones race, or dont race at all. Great huh? Wheres the AU servers?

Gordon
07-06-2015, 21:59
Not really, but there is no choice. Either lag and ruin everyones race, or dont race at all. Great huh? Wheres the AU servers?

I believe the choice was join a league or don't. :)

DUST2DEATH
07-06-2015, 22:01
I believe the choice was join a league or don't. :)

Wonderful things that all run at times when Im not playing.. Again, its not a solution, but a band aid. Stop with the excuses for its broken multiplayer.

Umer Ahmad
07-06-2015, 22:04
I think 50% or more of he public does not even understand the general etiquette of quali. Like if i am on my hotlap with my lights on what they should do. And my own lights are off during quali most of the time, typically i only attempt 2 hotlaps during quali

321Respawn
08-06-2015, 04:50
Yes joining a league is not an option for everyone especially if you live in a different time zone .As for racing etiquette I think a lot of people simply don't care .
I was in a Spa race today where a guy simply pushed me off the track when I was overtaking him on the straight after Au Rouge ,I tried to push back but it had no effect .Fortunately I was able to get revenge in the braking zone at the end of the straight which sent him off track and capped it off with a nice 5 second penalty .
Revenge is sweet .

RobMUFC1987
08-06-2015, 09:13
I go into lobbies expecting this. If the crashers are reading this, make sure they can't catch you. I'm a fast-ish driver with a short temper. If you hit me off on purpose, I will catch you and I'll ruin your race worse than what you did to me.

Had some guy ram me off at the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca twice while battling for 2nd. So I waited for a good opportunity. Last corner last lap, I smashed into the back of him so he was deep into gravel. I finished 2nd, he finished 6th.

I'm a clean racer. If I hit someone accidentally, I will hold position behind them and I forgive accidental hits. But hit me continuesly, I will ruin your race

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 10:01
So what you guys are saying is that you are no better than the rammers.
I do feel your pain though but if you are retaliating like that then you will be classed as a rammer yourself to those that did not see the incidents.

DragonSyr
08-06-2015, 10:13
I do feel your pain though but if you are retaliating like that then you will be classed as a rammer yourself to those that did not see the incidents.

my question

how you will see his name, since you can not see it from less than 1m in front of you?
Attribution liability system does not exist,
Replay? useless...... no names.....so how?

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 10:28
What I really meant was if YOU are ramming somebody off the track in retaliation and someone else is passing close by you they might think that you are a rammer yourself.

DragonSyr
08-06-2015, 10:32
I understand, but i raised indirectly the issue for the size of tags :)

TrevorAustin
08-06-2015, 11:02
Looks like 2 rammers posting in this thread. Act like this and it will never get better, just imagine if this was how road accidents were dealt with off screen. Don't see how people can't see how bad their own actions are.

DragonSyr
08-06-2015, 11:38
Looks like? is this for my post????
1st you dont know me
2nd you see in my post that i m acting like this??

thanks and watch your words next time , because not allways as looks like....... edit: IF looks like

hostaman
08-06-2015, 12:12
SMS have tried to create a realistic driving simulator with accurate handling and physics. They've done this exceptionally well.

Unfortunately they tried to sell this driving simulator as a "Racing Sim", which it isn't. Because in "Real" racing, the rules stop ramming, deliberately taking cars out, parking on the grid or an a corner during qualification, and race stewards decide whether cutting a corner was deliberate or accidental.

This is very hard to implement in a true racing game, so SMS just didn't bother.

Instead we're encouraged to find groups of clean racers where we can book an hour to race. (I never know when I'll get the chance so it's not an option for me). This is a bit like getting Formula 1 drivers to police themselves, because the race organizers just couldn't be bothered to provide stewards. It's poor.

Pcars could have been the best racing game ever created, but instead it's just another halfway house, half finished, and half decent.

Online racing has only been executed effectively by the arcade racers such as NFS. No Sim has yet achieved the right balance of reality and fair racing. GT, Pcars, Grid etc. all suffer from troll issues (at least GT tried to do something to stop it).

If the sequel to Pcars doesn't include some kind of fair racing system, it will not be on my Christmas list.

Andy Apex
08-06-2015, 12:33
The only way to race online successfully is either with a group you know in a pass-worded event or as I've begged for and only found in Forza 5 was Ghost racing in C Class. That was a blast you'd could race all night and never get touched online.
We need the option to ghost race. Then they can't wreck you, ram you, park on the track, ruin your race or qualify. It's as simple as that guys, so as soon as everyone realizes that, the better your blood pressure will be. I've raced for almost 20 years
in Sim racing. There are no other answers. There will always be wreckers. They can't wreck ghost cars, then they just fade away. It's a blast to race online ghost cars. Too bad we don't have that option.

RobMUFC1987
08-06-2015, 12:39

Nah, not me anyway. I'll race clean with everyone and the other clean drivers will know who I am. I have a 3 strikes rule. If a person deliberately tries to hit me 3 times, I won't play fair with him

DragonSyr
08-06-2015, 12:40
the only bad in ghost cars option is that you can run every lap as like being alone.
edit: you can do this in TT with ghosts enabled.... whats the point

F2kSel
08-06-2015, 14:10
This discussion crops up with every sim time and time again, there are things that could be done but aren't.

The only reason I can think of is that someone thinks it can hurt sales.

TrevorAustin
08-06-2015, 14:21
Looks like? is this for my post????
1st you dont know me
2nd you see in my post that i m acting like this??

thanks and watch your words next time , because not allways as looks like....... edit: IF looks like

Why did you think it was directed at you, guilty conscience? I see no claims from you of deliberately crashing so have absolutely no idea why you think it was directed at you.

Yet another person looking for offence in everything and anything:) Maybe you should watch your words:) and stop being so offended, it seems a problem particular to this forum, lol. Everybody is offended at everything. And so aggressive about it too, love to see most of these people in real life, lol.

DragonSyr
08-06-2015, 14:23
they can allways make that we need as options for the pro mode. nothing can hurt this way.....

JeyD02
11-06-2015, 00:15
my question

how you will see his name, since you can not see it from less than 1m in front of you?
Attribution liability system does not exist,
Replay? useless...... no names.....so how?

You can know the name with the timee feed HUD dashboard.

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 06:34
only if you drive with hud on

and how to see the last in grid how rammed you on the 1st corner (so fast you will not even understand what happened....Not just do not have time to see the hud.....)

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-06-2015, 16:08
one should not be able to join a open online race if not driven 100 laps on the track.

I like that idea. But not everyone is an idiot. I was just thrown into a random race, on Le Mans Bugatti, never been there before, Im going off the track to start off with, but its quite easy to see if its clear to come back on the track. When it came to the race, I just held back as I knew I didn't know the track very well. I guess thats 5 down and 95 to go, LOL. At least with 100 laps, your gonna know where your going.

xautos
11-06-2015, 17:44
what we need is a start line rule for all players, jump starts of any kind will result in an instant pit penalty plus transparent car mode and instant stop and lock out of car controls for 20 seconds. so he can not crash into anyone and they cant crash into him. one problem solved. the other issue is the slow starters vs the fast starters and lagency, thats an issue, you cant account for that type of situation but you can at least try to show some consideration to others, races are not won into turn 1, nor by the fastest means. ultimately its in the players hands as to what they do at this point as it would be a racing incident.. at least until someone intentionally is being unsportsman like.

now i have been in this situation too often, gettign caught up in a massive crash on the start, but i do not retire or surrender. already picked up a few online race podiums because others left or fell through the cracks, good lord, almost went two laps down on oulton park yesterday driving a merc and only myself and the host were left at the end of 15 players. still, again its not always about first to turn 1 or who you can ramp out to victory.

NemethR
11-06-2015, 17:52
Guys, if you want proper racing, just join a proper league.

For example, I race with the TGC guys. They have been nothing but kind, and helpfull.
I did 25+ races with them, and was not a single time bumped off the track, yet i race wheel-on-wheel with some guys.

So I for myself never experienced that bad multiplayer as you are describing, and i am enjoying every minute of it.

xautos
11-06-2015, 18:01
i am lone wolf, always have been. besides the bad experiences help you prepare for any type of scenario that is thrown at you as well as patience to deal with it. depends how you see it.