PDA

View Full Version : SHameless

gpk99
07-06-2015, 15:08
I went Online for the first time this weekend.You sure can tell who the MORONS are that are using Controllers to race online. They can't hold a straight...let alone make a tight hairpin turn "IN SAFETY"..also poor connects where these guys are all over the track with thier 300 baud modems..It would be nice to see races limited to CONTROLLERS ONLY or WHEELS ONLY. Can this be done??? It sure makes the online experience more safe,that's for sure.

MULTIVITZ
07-06-2015, 15:19
An ability to have a lobby title made would enable players to tell stuff like that. Not all pad users are all over the shop. Jmtc

JessicaWalter
07-06-2015, 16:05
i can control the car with a controller. i think it has more to do with the driver. It's prolly a bit easier with a wheel but the driver still has to have the intention of disciplined racing.

Silva5584
07-06-2015, 16:10

Westbeef
07-06-2015, 16:42
I went Online for the first time this weekend.You sure can tell who the MORONS are that are using Controllers to race online. They can't hold a straight...let alone make a tight hairpin turn "IN SAFETY"..also poor connects where these guys are all over the track with thier 300 baud modems..It would be nice to see races limited to CONTROLLERS ONLY or WHEELS ONLY. Can this be done??? It sure makes the online experience more safe,that's for sure.

I use a control pad, this doesn't make me a moron.

LADY GEMMA JANE
07-06-2015, 16:47
Hey I race with a controller, and I'm pretty good!

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 16:51
Hey I race with a controller, and I'm pretty good!

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 17:04
A good moron :)

Unacceptable. On the edge of an infraction.

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 17:12
Unacceptable. On the edge of an infraction.

Aww :(

Aldo Zampatti
07-06-2015, 17:13
A good moron :)

Please refrain from such comments, first and last warning, next, infraction.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 17:14
Aww :(

Infraction.

Don't talk to fellow members in that manner.

gpk99
07-06-2015, 17:22
well my LORD...it was just an observation and nothing meant personally...lol...I'm sure you can do well in a race..but NOT what I saw others do so far online...all over the track....it was so bad the main focus on behalf wasn't racing...it was avoiding these guys...at every oppurtunity. Was still fun tho and I am a very respectful racer.
I knew what I was in for well ahead of even going ONLINE for the first time. I've driven GPL....the Simbin games...GTR and GTR2....Nascar 2003...etc etc etc..Iracing also. I;m not a rookie to Multiplayer racing. So far tho my PCars experience has been a positive one...the netcode is pretty damn good considering that I am forced to basically change my Location from Western Canada to one of the U.K. servers to find anyone online. So far no one has complained about me wiggling or disappearing on and off so the netcode must be very well done....have a nice day and go McLaren today at Montreal....oops...lol

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 17:24
well my LORD...it was just an observation and nothing meant personally...lol...I'm sure you can do well in a race..but NOT what I saw others do so far online...all over the track....it was so bad the main focus on behalf wasn't racing...it was avoiding these guys...at every oppurtunity. Was still fun tho and I am a very respectful racer.
I knew what I was in for well ahead of even going ONLINE for the first time. I've driven GPL....the Simbin games...GTR and GTR2....Nascar 2003...etc etc etc..Iracing also. I;m not a rookie to Multiplayer racing. So far tho my PCars experience has been a positive one...the netcode is pretty damn good considering that I am forced to basically change my Location from Western Canada to one of the U.K. servers to find anyone online. So far no one has complained about me wiggling or disappearing on and off so the netcode must be very well done....have a nice day and go McLaren today at Montreal....oops...lol

You're arguing with yourself.

The infraction has nothing to do with you...

Silva5584
07-06-2015, 17:32
banter? :confused:

gpk99
07-06-2015, 17:34
<<always argues with myself...it's my best trait Ian of Wookieness...(bows gracefully)

Westbeef
07-06-2015, 17:38

Shame you're not a respectful person.

Pink_650S
07-06-2015, 17:39
Infraction.

Don't talk to fellow members in that manner.

@Gemma Jane:
Sorry for the joke... Guess the smiley wasnt obvious enough.

Umer Ahmad
07-06-2015, 17:58
There's some really good guys with controllers, couldnt even tell they are on controlller. Likewise, some noobs on wheels. We had a long discussion about it in 2012. I was originally of the same opinion as the OP. however what we really need is a Safety Rating. In the end i just care about clean racing, keyboard is fine even

LADY GEMMA JANE
07-06-2015, 17:59
@Gemma Jane:
Sorry for the joke... Guess the smiley wasnt obvious enough.

I forgive you, were all one happy family here

gpk99
07-06-2015, 18:10
bows to Lady Gemma..it's so sad that some on here are so politically correct that they find it so offensive when someone use a descriptive noun.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 21:04
bows to Lady Gemma..it's so sad that some on here are so politically correct that they find it so offensive when someone use a descriptive noun.

Ahm, calling someone a moron is never going to fly, end of.

Motorhead Racer
08-06-2015, 01:06
I am a controller racer, which I could show you my replays, not only can I race, I can do close racing with other people, defend, attack, everything

321Respawn
08-06-2015, 04:37
Maybe it was a keyboard player then .

RobMUFC1987
08-06-2015, 09:20
There's plenty of people out there who have wheels who can't drive in a straight line, especially people new to wheels who have no deadzone and too much FFB

hostaman
08-06-2015, 12:16
The twitching you see on the straights is lag, and has nothing to do with wheels or controllers.

DragonSyr
08-06-2015, 12:26
controller and keyboard users is a problem when online with no assists.... is a fact.
No morrons at all but big problem for other players.
exceptions exist but few......

RobMUFC1987
08-06-2015, 12:43
I'm a pad user and drive fine with no assists. I tweaked a lot of settings and practiced before going online. As I said above, some wheel users can't drive regardless of what assists they use. Look on youtube at the people complaining about the game

Panopticism
09-06-2015, 02:06
Ahm, calling someone a moron is never going to fly, end of.

The thread starter seems to have suggested that anyone who uses a controller to race online is a moron. This is a ridiculous claim of course, and it is probably deliberately inflammatory.

One poster said that they use a controller and yet they're pretty good. According to the thread starter's logic, this is like saying "although I'm a moron(controller + online), I'm still pretty good".

Yet another poster responded and bridged the gap between the thread starter's apparent logic (if controller + racing online, then moron) and the other poster's response.

In your view, the poster is sufficiently committed to the truth of this connection to warrant an infraction? That isn't very consistent, since the thread starter is actually committed to the claim by logical implication--the very implication, which the other poster received an infraction for pointing out...

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 02:33

Well I guess a lot of people that have this game are morons... What sense does this post make again? I feel like you just lost a race and came to here to rage and insult people.

Silva5584
09-06-2015, 06:56
The thread starter seems to have suggested that anyone who uses a controller to race online is a moron. This is a ridiculous claim of course, and it is probably deliberately inflammatory.

One poster said that they use a controller and yet they're pretty good. According to the thread starter's logic, this is like saying "although I'm a moron(controller + online), I'm still pretty good".

Yet another poster responded and bridged the gap between the thread starter's apparent logic (if controller + racing online, then moron) and the other poster's response.

In your view, the poster is sufficiently committed to the truth of this connection to warrant an infraction? That isn't very consistent, since the thread starter is actually committed to the claim by logical implication--the very implication, which the other poster received an infraction for pointing out...

And there was a smiley. :)

NeonFlux
09-06-2015, 08:17
Wow.... I know plenty of people who use controllers who are quicker than people using wheels. You only have to look at the time trial leaderboards - there are lots of people getting great times with controllers. To assume everyone using a controller is a noob is ridiculous lol.

DragonSyr
09-06-2015, 08:24
check this http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=4241994684&vehicle=1909945073 and do not see the ingame leaderboars...
and tell me how many controllers keyboards is on top 100 , with (or without) assists.

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 08:28
check this http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=4241994684&vehicle=1909945073 and do not see the ingame leaderboars...
and tell me how many controllers keyboards is on top 100 , with (or without) assists.

10, and some of them with laptimes I'll most likely never achieve with my G27. Honestly that link just proves to me that gamepad users can be competitive.

DragonSyr
09-06-2015, 08:31
10 out of how many ?

count in your fingers !

edit: please do not misunderstand me, I have said there are exceptions, but the exceptions are not the rule

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 08:44
10 out of how many ?

count in your fingers !

edit: please do not misunderstand me, I have said there are exceptions, but the exceptions are not the rule

That only means that much more players are playing this game with a wheel on PC.

DragonSyr
09-06-2015, 08:48
ok.. if you say that......
but if you go after the 2-3 pages after 1st (and use the overal best for each track) , then you will see that the controllers are too many...........50-50 maybe

edit : and all controllers have assists on (abs,tc,stability,line,steering assist....)

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 09:02
ok.. if you say that......
but if you go after the 2-3 pages after 1st (and use the overal best for each track) , then you will see that the controllers are too many...........50-50 maybe

edit : and all controllers have assists on (abs,tc,stability,line,steering assist....)

Well, it's not 50-50 but you have a point there. Gamepad drivers have the tendency to drive slower (and maybe also don't make as smooth inputs as wheel drivers).

This also was discussed during development and IIRC the conclusion was that that's not a reason to alienate the pad drivers from the rest. That's why this feature was not implemented.

DragonSyr
09-06-2015, 09:42
I repeat for avoiding any misunderstanding that I have nothing with those how use controllers.

just the matter with the leaderboards (at least for me, and only for using assists) it is not fair at all....

it is not fair someone with no assists to compared with another with all assists on..... (wheel or not)

for the matter of using a controller now , i do not accept that the game is played with controller (no assists) because there are 1-2 people that are phenomena.

with controller , no matter how much phenomenon you are, you can not have pace.. in TT is more easy because you need only one lap from XXX to achieve

RobMUFC1987
09-06-2015, 17:59
Shame I cant race you on PS4 then

apexatspeed
09-06-2015, 18:01
Why is this thread open when it is just going to be dudes with wheels bashing guys with controllers?

GT_Racing
09-06-2015, 18:04
Why is this thread open when it is just going to be dudes with wheels bashing guys with controllers?

Well to be honest that is what the thread was made for. http://i.imgur.com/SVWDZ3h.gif

DragonSyr
10-06-2015, 08:54
Shame I cant race you on PS4 then

I will not be misunderstood, I say again, may be you r the best controller operator, I do not dispute this , nor I never said that this cant happen,

But I want from you to answer with hand on heart, who has advantage of both ,the one with weel or the other with controller on same race?

amicably (if this is the right word on your colloquial)
edit: English is not my native language as you can understand)
dragonsyr