PDA

View Full Version : INDYCAR PLEASE!!!

pwshaw10
07-06-2015, 15:43
Game looks great, but I'm really upset that they haven't said anything about IndyCar since last year. I hope they still plan on putting it in the game (DLC). IndyCar is a great racing series. Please don't forget about it Slightly Mad Studios. I've been waiting for a good IndyCar game for a long time, and I know Project Cars would do it justice. Anybody else agree?

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 15:44
Game looks great, but I'm really upset that they haven't said anything about IndyCar since last year. I hope they still plan on putting it in the game (DLC). IndyCar is a great racing series. Please don't forget about it Slightly Mad Studios. I've been waiting for a good IndyCar game for a long time, and I know Project Cars would do it justice. Anybody else agree?

I'm heartbroken myself.

It's on the way.

djdavedoc
07-06-2015, 16:36
Hey Ian, any chance of Formula E? brilliant series of racing that is:)

RMpage
07-06-2015, 17:08
Indycars tend to be represented in very, very few games/sims. Is there something particularly restrictive/difficult about their terms/fees when they are approached by developers? One would think they can use all the marketing exposure they can get.

Ian Bell
07-06-2015, 17:10
Hey Ian, any chance of Formula E? brilliant series of racing that is:)

We're struggling with the engine audio.

siemens123
07-06-2015, 17:15

i want ovals and indycar toooo ...

pwshaw10
07-06-2015, 17:18
i want ovals and indycar toooo ...

Yeah IMS would be great!

Bealdor
07-06-2015, 17:22

I could make some recordings of my son's electric RC car if that would help. :D

Oddbob
07-06-2015, 17:24
I could make some recordings of my son's electric RC car if that would help. :D

Nah, that would be way too loud!;)

siemens123
07-06-2015, 18:16
I'm heartbroken myself.

It's on the way.

any ETA for that? a specific answer will be great. or at least tell us, if it's more than 1-2 months away?!

Rambo_Commando
07-06-2015, 18:23
Indycars tend to be represented in very, very few games/sims. Is there something particularly restrictive/difficult about their terms/fees when they are approached by developers? One would think they can use all the marketing exposure they can get.

Indycars was very popular in the in the 90's and early 2000's. Then they spit into Champ Car(circuit and street track) and IRL(oval tracks) and in doing so split the fan base. Hence the popularity declined.

oscarolim
07-06-2015, 18:37

Just record the sound of a mini-z :p
Final this month in London :)

Benja190782
07-06-2015, 18:46
I'm heartbroken myself.

It's on the way.

Good to know - please make sure to get the original T-cam right! It looks amazing onboard on TV - and dat sound! :love-struck:

Timmynator
07-06-2015, 18:48
any ETA for that?

Duke Nukem.

JayChristmas
07-06-2015, 18:49
Damn, i hope we can get the ovals

cluck
07-06-2015, 19:22
We're struggling with the engine audio.As luck would have it, I managed to strap a decent mic to one of their engines the other day. Let me know if you want the full 2 hour recording - the attached file is just a 30-second sample :)

pwshaw10
07-06-2015, 19:33
Indycars was very popular in the in the 90's and early 2000's. Then they spit into Champ Car(circuit and street track) and IRL(oval tracks) and in doing so split the fan base. Hence the popularity declined.

I agree, but within the last three years, with the introduction of the Dallara chassis (DW12), the increase in horsepower, and this year with the new aero-kits, I can easily say IndyCar is more entertaining and competitive than it has ever been. IndyCar needs a racing game like Project Cars to show people how exciting this series has become.

Sankyo
07-06-2015, 19:39
As luck would have it, I managed to strap a decent mic to one of their engines the other day. Let me know if you want the full 2 hour recording - the attached file is just a 30-second sample :)

Next time you strap a mic onto something, plug the other end into a recording device ;)

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 19:43
^^^^ Yeah there isn't any sound mate :rolleyes:

Sankyo
07-06-2015, 19:44
^^^^ Yeah there isn't any sound mate :rolleyes:
Of course I got the electrical engine joke, just thought I'd give it a twist :)

Mr.Smoke
07-06-2015, 19:50
Ovals are boring. Cant understand why people want to drive in circles. Indycar is ok for the street/road races, but personally i dont care for indy much either. I want to see the GT3 & LMP classes get much needed additions in terms of vehicles & tracks.

At the end of the day though, im excited for all additional content that gets added, except for oval tracks.

JayChristmas
07-06-2015, 19:58
Ovals are boring. Cant understand why people want to drive in circles. Indycar is ok for the street/road races, but personally i dont care for indy much either. I want to see the GT3 & LMP classes get much needed additions in terms of vehicles & tracks.

At the end of the day though, im excited for all additional content that gets added, except for oval tracks.

I don't know, if you say it's just running a circle, it's not the truth, it are 4 often very different turns, sometimes more! It's more action because the cars are closer together and its a lot of teamwork and tactic!
I ran a lot of simulations on gp tracks, and its running in a circle too in that definition ;)
Everybody can do.or not do whatever he like or not ;)
Other people think.gt3 or lmp is boring with that driving assists like abs and tcs! My grandma can drive this :p ;)
Nascars or stockcars are realy fun on road courses too! But it's a little more tricky

Mr.Smoke
07-06-2015, 20:10
Circuits are not comparable to ovals, by definition. At least not in my eyes. I agree that each can do what one pleases and we are all allowed to have & voice our own opinions.

My opinion is the resources put in to add ovals could be utilized better, adding much more enjoyable content. Im sure many will be pleased when they can race in circles all day though.

Alan Dallas
07-06-2015, 20:40
My opinion is the resources put in to add ovals could be utilized better, adding much more enjoyable content. Im sure many will be pleased when they can race in circles all day though.
Indianapolis is already done for pCARS. Just hasn't been made public yet. It's also not an oval, it's 4 straits connected with 4 left hand corners, and all 4 are subtly different enough that you wouldn't realize it until you actually race it. I've used the DW12 and Indy in both rFactor2 and iRacing. In a race with 32 others it's far from boring.

cluck
07-06-2015, 20:45
Of course I got the electrical engine joke, just thought I'd give it a twist :)I thought about adding some breathing over the top, but that would have just been a bit weird and freaky :o. I admit, it was an obvious joke :).

Bealdor
07-06-2015, 20:46
Ovals are boring. Cant understand why people want to drive in circles...

Imagine you're on an oval going into turn 1 with 200mph, double file with 42 other cars. Your rear is getting loose from the sidedraft of the car next to you, the wall is less than one meter away, you're trying to catch the rear and not lose too much momentum for the next straight. Now do this for 200 laps straight with almost no break while dealing with changing track conditions that let your car become tight and the outside wall comes closer with every lap because of this and the degrading tires. And the guy behind you is bumping you on the straights or at corner entry because you're too slow for him.

Does this sound boring to you?

Neil Bateman
07-06-2015, 21:00
Circuits are not comparable to ovals, by definition. At least not in my eyes. I agree that each can do what one pleases and we are all allowed to have & voice our own opinions.

Ovals are enjoyable content for a lot of people, and as we dont yet have any ovals and only 1 car that runs on ovals but we have 100 odd circuits and 60 odd circuit and road cars this statement isnt a tad selfish.

FS7
07-06-2015, 21:27
Indy cars will be a nice addition but I'd be more interested in Indy street circuits. Also, if tracks such as Indianapolis & Daytona are added are both the oval & road course layouts going to be included?

Alan Dallas
07-06-2015, 21:41
Indy cars will be a nice addition but I'd be more interested in Indy street circuits. Also, if tracks such as Indianapolis & Daytona are added are both the oval & road course layouts going to be included?
Yes, infield courses are usually included in the licenses.

Mr.Smoke
07-06-2015, 22:07
Im aware of the Indianapolis layout. Not exactly an oval, but for me falls into the same category as its 4 left turns. Its just not for me (and many others im sure) but im glad so many enjoy it. Regardless of number of participants, going 200mph for 200 laps turning only left isnt enough to intrigue me.

All the power to those who will enjoy it though. Whatever floats your boat, right? This game is meant to cover a large spectrum of racing and the ovals do seem to be the biggest missing part. Adding them certainly wont hurt the game any, just like adding other major circuit courses from abroad which are missing.

My apologies if ive ruffled any feathers & for somewhat derailing the thread.

Umer Ahmad
07-06-2015, 22:25
The main draw for oval racing is not the 4 left turns. The main challenge is the traffic management. You're constantly surrounded by other cars, especially on short ovals like Milwaukee mile. You can end up passing or being passed couple times per lap. That's the challenge, not so much the circuit itself.

Roger Prynne
07-06-2015, 22:36
I raced a few ovals in my sim racing life and I can tell you it's not boring at all, the adrenalin rush is amazing and I always end up sweating like mad.
You have to have good concentration skills and good peripheral vision, the only problem for me is I can't do the 200 lap type of races because I get so tired.

AP200
07-06-2015, 22:49
The main draw for oval racing is not the 4 left turns. The main challenge is the traffic management. You're constantly surrounded by other cars, especially on short ovals like Milwaukee mile. You can end up passing or being passed couple times per lap. That's the challenge, not so much the circuit itself.

Side note, I think Milwaukee would be great to have in the game, I go to the Indycar race there every year and its solid traffic all the way around, also, the oldest continually operated race track in the world, that's bonus points for history right?

But anyways, back to the real topic.

Umer Ahmad
07-06-2015, 23:03
Yeah Milwaukee rocks, 90 min drive from Chicago and the infield is pretty busy with fun stuff. ABC Supply and Andretti do a good job hosting that race. I was there last year and will back again this year.

LukeC
07-06-2015, 23:04
I would love to see indycar in PC. In fact Indycar Racing 2 is what got me hooked on sims way back in the mid nineties. In fact I played it so much that my old man confiscated my computer power cable so I was without a computer for something like two weeks. This is when I realised I couldn't write in cursive and it took me twice as long to do my homework.

momotaone
08-06-2015, 08:00
Imagine you're on an oval going into turn 1 with 200mph, double file with 42 other cars. Your rear is getting loose from the sidedraft of the car next to you, the wall is less than one meter away, you're trying to catch the rear and not lose too much momentum for the next straight. Now do this for 200 laps straight with almost no break while dealing with changing track conditions that let your car become tight and the outside wall comes closer with every lap because of this and the degrading tires. And the guy behind you is bumping you on the straights or at corner entry because you're too slow for him.

Does this sound boring to you?

Well, it sounds like of boring doing this for 200 laps... some people will loose their hands by this unbalanced driving... at most when they drive with controller. With a FFB-Wheel it could be interesting, I'll admit.

But what makes me worry is the Online-Community... I have not the time to join a special league... and if I think about the "bumping guy behind me", I don't have any need to drive an oval... knowing, that I'll make my 199 perfect laps, only to be bumped out of the race in the final lap, by the guy having no more fun and just waiting on the straight to crash cars...

siemens123
08-06-2015, 14:23

ALSO, besides that, u have to race at a full speed constantly and maintain traffic management ... 50% of the races relay on pit strategy.

siemens123
08-06-2015, 14:26
Well, it sounds like of boring doing this for 200 laps... some people will loose their hands by this unbalanced driving... at most when they drive with controller. With a FFB-Wheel it could be interesting, I'll admit.

But what makes me worry is the Online-Community... I have not the time to join a special league... and if I think about the "bumping guy behind me", I don't have any need to drive an oval... knowing, that I'll make my 199 perfect laps, only to be bumped out of the race in the final lap, by the guy having no more fun and just waiting on the straight to crash cars...

Yes that is true. I'm a huge Nascar fan and Indycar on ovals, i played in GT5-6 almost everyday for 2 years on Daytona and Indianapolis and sometimes Motegi and i can tell u ,that races more than 50laps, are most of the times a waste of time and effort.

IrideGravity
08-06-2015, 19:39

So in other words. Just like real nascar? Seriously. You would have to add the green & white checkered flag since that's how EVERY Neckar wreck fest ends. NASCAR used to be legit, before Earnhardt passed and this restricter nonsense started.

juliobonfante
08-06-2015, 22:30
Can't wait for oval racing!