PDA

View Full Version : PS4 SUPPORT FOR LOGITECH G25

pwshaw10
07-06-2015, 15:50
I have a Logitech G25, it's a great wheel. It's supported on PC, but not PS4. I would love to be able to use it on my PS4. I really need to use a wheel, so if Project Cars could say whether or not they will ever support it on the PS4 that would be great. Because if they don't plan on supporting it I will go out and buy a compatible one, I just need to know. Thanks.

Dreco
07-06-2015, 18:25
Logitech G29 soon mate.

Mr.Smoke
07-06-2015, 20:13
Neither G25/27 support, or a G29 release has been confirmed or denied at this point. The ball is in Logitech's court & the masses need to remain patient until they decide to make their move.

Diego Micolli
07-06-2015, 21:28
my g27 is waiting

LordDRIFT
07-06-2015, 23:40
Logitech G29 soon mate.
Riiight

Slaughter
08-06-2015, 00:46
This is modern day extortion if you don't know it by now. Everyone (PS4 .. XBox1) wants money, but Logitech is not shelling out any until that G29 comes out bearing the playstation logo somewhere. Hopefully they realize that if they get the old wheels rolling then the motivation will be set to upgrade to a better wheel like the G29 if it's actually better. It will restore the consumer confidence of selling their old g25/27 wheels to upgrade to a G29. No one will buy a wheel that is not supported anymore therefore leaving you stuck with a expensive paper weight.

I wouldnt hold my breath on it until it an announcement has been made.

likewise
08-06-2015, 05:58
I HAD to have a wheel for my PS4 so I shelled out money for a T300rs and I will NEVER
buy anything from (Logitech or Sony, other than PS4 stuff) ever again because my
trusty G27 was working GREAT but it's sitting gathering dust... both company's screwed
us over as far as I'm concerned... Bandits... putting it mildly!

thegt500
08-06-2015, 06:30
if Logitech release the G29 it may open up the possibility of the G25, G27 and DFGT wheels finally being licenced for PS4 use ?
However, I can't help but think that Logitech won't be paying out for their older, no longer manufactured wheels to get licenced when it will impact the sales of the G29.

Dreco
08-06-2015, 11:34
If Logitech supports old wheels on PS4 nobody would buy new ones.

Its a business decision. My bet is that we will see Logitech G27 and G29 support on PS4 because they have the same base. And Logitech still produces the G27.

madmax2069
08-06-2015, 11:54

Its a business decision. My bet is that we will see Logitech G27 and G29 support on PS4 because they have the same base. And Logitech still produces the G27.

People will buy new, the old wont last forever.

Praggia
08-06-2015, 13:07
Not everyone can afford a new wheel especially at the ridiculous prices the new wheels go for. Sure some of them are really good but seriously that's a lot of cash for something that you will only be using to play a game with.
They need to go back and re think their strategy. If logitech refuses to pay up to enable players to use older wheels players will move on to someone else. Sure Logitech could possibly bring out a new wheel soon but players who have the old wheels are pissed off already so they may decide to stick it to Logitech and purchase a wheel from another manufacturer

chig88
08-06-2015, 14:13
I HAD to have a wheel for my PS4 so I shelled out money for a T300rs and I will NEVER
buy anything from (Logitech or Sony, other than PS4 stuff) ever again because my
trusty G27 was working GREAT but it's sitting gathering dust... both company's screwed
us over as far as I'm concerned... Bandits... putting it mildly!

Ditto. Exact same situation as you - couldn't keep waiting on Logitech so I bought a T300RS.

Logitech won't be getting my money again.

Slaughter
08-06-2015, 14:20

Some people will rather spend 150 to 200 for a used G wheel setup than buy a new $300 wheel with no clutch and shifter. Plus it still opens up the usable item market for the wheels. So it wouldn't be hard to sell them for any reason to other PS4 and Xbox users.
Also I'm sure Logitech still has an inventory of G27 wheels they need to dump.

Dreco
08-06-2015, 19:32
I think this is pretty outrageous on Sony’s part. What’s wrong with perfectly good premium wheel people bought for your last console?

Bounkass
08-06-2015, 20:06
I think this is pretty outrageous on Sony’s part. What’s wrong with perfectly good premium wheel people bought for your last console?

Nothing. They just don't sell anymore thus not making nay more money off them.

When will people understand all manufacturers and developers only care about money?

madmax2069
08-06-2015, 20:11

How so, SONY didnt tell Logitech to drop console support, or to stop making wheels. Logitech decided that by themselves back in January of 2013 when they started to lose money.

Pirategenius
08-06-2015, 20:12
You can guarantee if the PS4 get logitec support it will only be for the new wheel. The 25/27 and GT will not work with it. How else are logitec going to make money out of a deal with Sony if the old wheels will work also?

So please stop dreaming that our old trusty wheels will work one day on PS4.

Slaughter
09-06-2015, 01:29
You can guarantee if the PS4 get logitec support it will only be for the new wheel. The 25/27 and GT will not work with it. How else are logitec going to make money out of a deal with Sony if the old wheels will work also?

So please stop dreaming that our old trusty wheels will work one day on PS4.
Yup, exactly. I'm investing in a small factor gaming PC just for racing games. I'll mount the unit to my wheel so it's now a mobile Logitech G wheel with Wifi and Bluetooth. More advanced than the new G29 coming out. I'll call it the G50. ;)

RAVEracer
09-06-2015, 04:40
Due to the quietness of the issue, I went and bought a GT3 RS. If Logitech said something earlier about 'G29' or support for their older wheels they wouldn't have helped gain a sale for their competitor. So I'm struggling to understand why Logitech are so suss. I may have held out for this new wheel... if priced so that I can afford it.

If it ends up being too expensive and they're holding off support for my old DFGT, I would buy what I bought anyway. So they would've again, gained a sale for the competition. From this view, I'm baffled as to why they'd hold out support for their older wheels even though it has its positives. The G29 must be affordable, then, or they've got cheaper ones coming. That was a pretty rash conclusion. :)

jason
09-06-2015, 04:43
Ok why all of a sudden fanatic wheels have support out of the blue with project cars ? (they didn't just put the chips in your wheel required for support ) wasn't ever really expected straight up ........ as they were not supported..........
I don't see why g25 g27s and g29s can't have the same support ?

I don't see any logical reason why this can't happen , of course apart from .

(You can guarantee if the PS4 get logitec support it will only be for the new wheel. The 25/27 and GT will not work with it. How else are logitec going to make money out of a deal with Sony if the old wheels will work also?

So please stop dreaming that our old trusty wheels will work one day on PS4.)

Now fanatic didn't choose this direction now did they ? ........ I understand what you are saying and I understand 1 company can choose a different direction then another , Logitech have a good name with there wheels I don't see why they wouldn't make all compatible , there is still a market for there new wheel.

The possibility is still there as far as I can see , and this is not sonys fault (this would be logitechs fault ) , its not up to sony to make drivers for Logitech wheel to work on ps4 ( don't go back to the chip bs as your fanatech wheels and my t500 wheel didn't just grow a chip)

If Logitech doesn't give you the support you need and want for you g25 g27 , tell them to shove there stupid looking g29 wheel and get a t300 when you can , better wheel at the end of the day . They have been shady from prior to the ps4 launch about g25, g27 compatibility knowing they had a new wheel in the wings.

I had a g27 also , got rid off it prior to ps4 launch , then got a t500rs ( not happy Logitech ) :mad:

Diablo944
09-06-2015, 15:48
Logitech lost a lot of potential customers (me included) in not keeping up with the ps4. This new wheel is a further slap in the face to past (andcurrent) g25/7 owners if they fail to give support to those older but fully functional wheels. The wheel market is not like the controller market. Its a die hard group of more committed gamers who buy wheels. Failing to support the ps4 compatibility side of wheel gaming only affected a small portion of the ps4 owners. Whilst among that small portion of ps4 owners, the lack of support affected a huge portion of that segment. I have stated elsewhere that I will no longer buy anything I know is made by logitech based on the expensive (to me) force feedback wheel i bought for ps3 that was incompatible with the ps4. It was less than a year from buying the wheel to it being useless. I bought a TM T300 and shifter recently.edit:- logitech didnt go out of business, they just dropped manufacture and support, effectively giving the middle finger to all those who had purchased their products. Coming in at this stage with a new wheel is both good, at least in terms of giving people an extra string to their bow, and bad if they still ignore their previous fanbase. If they deign to rectify the incompatibilty issue of their older products with ps4 it would go a long way to restoring faith in their commitment to customers who spent money buying their products. If not? Then I for one will happily tell everyone who asks me for a wheel recommendation to stick with either the thrustmaster range or try to find a fanatec at the right price. I find it ironic that in days gone by, when both TM and logitech were in competition for my money, I chose logitech. Today? I would go the TM route every time

Irishnewblood
09-06-2015, 18:01
Logitech lost a lot of potential customers (me included) in not keeping up with the ps4. This new wheel is a further slap in the face to past (andcurrent) g25/7 owners if they fail to give support to those older but fully functional wheels. The wheel market is not like the controller market. Its a die hard group of more committed gamers who buy wheels. Failing to support the ps4 compatibility side of wheel gaming only affected a small portion of the ps4 owners. Whilst among that small portion of ps4 owners, the lack of support affected a huge portion of that segment. I have stated elsewhere that I will no longer buy anything I know is made by logitech based on the expensive (to me) force feedback wheel i bought for ps3 that was incompatible with the ps4. It was less than a year from buying the wheel to it being useless. I bought a TM T300 and shifter recently.edit:- logitech didnt go out of business, they just dropped manufacture and support, effectively giving the middle finger to all those who had purchased their products. Coming in at this stage with a new wheel is both good, at least in terms of giving people an extra string to their bow, and bad if they still ignore their previous fanbase. If they deign to rectify the incompatibilty issue of their older products with ps4 it would go a long way to restoring faith in their commitment to customers who spent money buying their products. If not? Then I for one will happily tell everyone who asks me for a wheel recommendation to stick with either the thrustmaster range or try to find a fanatec at the right price. I find it ironic that in days gone by, when both TM and logitech were in competition for my money, I chose logitech. Today? I would go the TM route every time

I hear you man. I bought a new g27 a year and a half ago(old one broke and loved the feel of it) and contacted Logitech about it being used with a ps4 and they told me that while it wasn't supported at that time,that was only because "no racing games" so it would be within 6 months. So yeah.....complete bullshit and complete liars.Like you say if they don't support it, that will be it for me and them and every person I know will be told also to stay away.Oh and your middle finger comment is very generous, I could think of a million other worse thing's to say about them.

J.P.Montoya
09-06-2015, 20:47
Thrustmaster is even worse. They don't offer any Wheel like the DFGT or G27. The T100 is too small and the quality is poor. Want a better Wheel? So spend more than you paid for your PS4. Or if you want a Wheel with Clutch and H gear, you have so spend almost one thousand dollars. And they don't support any Wheel they released for the PS3, just like Logitech, except for the super expensive T500

Diablo944
09-06-2015, 23:28
they don't support any Wheel they released for the PS3, just like Logitech, except for the super expensive T500

Wasnt the t100 a ps3 wheel?

jason
09-06-2015, 23:49
I'm pretty sure it was :)

tru_killa420
30-06-2015, 18:51
My g27 works like a dream I have no reason to buy a new wheel , especially at the prices wheels are these days.

Slaughter
30-06-2015, 20:40
I spent my money on a new i7 PC. At least it's practical and won't die off like the PS4 when the PS5 is released. Lol. I can use my G setup again. I refuse to shell out another 600 plus on wheels, gears, and pedals for just one game on the PS4. It doesn't add up if you ask me. I could of easily brought it, but I'm no fool.

VBR
01-07-2015, 07:50
The Logitech Wheel Support Campaign Thread! (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31996-Logitech-Wheel-Support-Campaign-Thread!-A-Three-Pronged-Approach)