PDA

View Full Version : Question about contract signing in career mode

Rambo_Commando
07-06-2015, 16:43
Currently playing on PS4. When you receive a contract offer is there anyway of seeing what the car looks like before signing? I know all the cars are equal in performance so the only thing that differentiates them is the liveries. I guess I want to see which livery is the better looking of bunch. Call me vain, but hey...

Thanks,

McKiernan
07-06-2015, 16:44
Nope.

Rambo_Commando
07-06-2015, 23:27
Devs, any chance of something like this being patched? Perhaps on the contract offer there is a picture of the car the team races?

Silva5584
08-06-2015, 07:15
I'm not sure so don't quote me, but doesn't the liveries change when you get more sponsors and things?

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 07:17
I'm not sure so don't quote me, but doesn't the liveries change when you get more sponsors and things?

No. The liveries are completely static.

KK78
08-06-2015, 10:56
Currently playing on PS4. When you receive a contract offer is there anyway of seeing what the car looks like before signing? I know all the cars are equal in performance so the only thing that differentiates them is the liveries. I guess I want to see which livery is the better looking of bunch. Call me vain, but hey...

Thanks,

One thing that has worked for me, and it may be just luck but has happened 4 time in a row now, is when you are looking through prospective contracts and the car is mentioned I then take that car out in the time trial mode choosing the livery before going on track. If I like the car I then go back to the contract and accept and each time when I've gone to the 1st race I have the same livery as I chose in the time trial mode. So for example in LMP2 I wanted the 'Gulf' light blue livery so I tested it out in the time trial mode and sure enough after accepting the contract that is what I had as a livery.

As I say it could be just luck but it's worked for me so far.

Rambo_Commando
08-06-2015, 14:36
L
One thing that has worked for me, and it may be just luck but has happened 4 time in a row now, is when you are looking through prospective contracts and the car is mentioned I then take that car out in the time trial mode choosing the livery before going on track. If I like the car I then go back to the contract and accept and each time when I've gone to the 1st race I have the same livery as I chose in the time trial mode. So for example in LMP2 I wanted the 'Gulf' light blue livery so I tested it out in the time trial mode and sure enough after accepting the contract that is what I had as a livery.

Ok I'll give that a try. Hopefully it works for me too.

_MB_
08-06-2015, 14:43

Nice KK will give this a try next time,thanks for sharing

LordDRIFT
08-06-2015, 15:55

Thanks,

The cars are but the teams are not.

LordDRIFT
08-06-2015, 15:57
Also I think the realism is greater if I don't know what the car looks like - just pick based on the sales pitch

KK78
08-06-2015, 16:45
Nice KK will give this a try next time,thanks for sharing

As I say it could have been luck but will be cool if it works for everyone :)

Rambo_Commando
09-06-2015, 17:41
As I say it could have been luck but will be cool if it works for everyone :)

Lol. So it didn't work for me. I have to choose between Barracuda or Orion in the FORMULA ROOKIE series. Neither teams are selectable in free practice. Guess I'm going to search the net for some pics.