PDA

View Full Version : Tough steering...

ScotStig
07-06-2015, 18:58
Hi guys - using a TX Italia wheel without ffb and I'm using Stella Stigs setup for the settings - I can't seem to be able to turn the wheel enough to power through and out of corners, the cars just go off track - I'm braking in enough time ( I think) for the corners - any ideas as to what I should do with regards to tinkering with any settings? Thankyou...

Brent G
07-06-2015, 20:29
Out of curiosity, why no FFB? Im new to wheel use so Im trying to find out as much a possible.

Blvd69
07-06-2015, 20:38
Tell me about steering being hard...I'm using a stupid pad (Logitech controller from Target $20 kind) Piece of junk...lol
I'm seeking a wheel now but not sure what is best for this game...if anyone can help me....I would really be thankful for the help.
I'm on PC format..thanks ;)

eracerhead
07-06-2015, 21:40
What are your steering- and speed-sensitivity settings?

Brent G
08-06-2015, 04:58
Tell me about steering being hard...I'm using a stupid pad (Logitech controller from Target $20 kind) Piece of junk...lol
I'm seeking a wheel now but not sure what is best for this game...if anyone can help me....I would really be thankful for the help.
I'm on PC format..thanks ;)

Cant really advise you on the best wheel set up for PC as Ive only just had my first wheel, a TX Italia on Xbox one. What I can say though mate is that its made a world of difference. Its the most fun Ive had outside a real car and takes pCars from good to absolutely bloody amazing!

Psychomatrix
08-06-2015, 08:58
for pc a lot people prefer the logitech g25. but sadly logitech step out of wheel production. it depends how serious you wanna go. thrustmasters had a wheel for 80 or 90 bucks but without force feedback. i personally would never buy a one without force feedback because you miss a lot. the ffb wheels starts by 250 euro.

ScotStig
08-06-2015, 14:30
Out of curiosity, why no FFB? Im new to wheel use so Im trying to find out as much a possible.

Because there's about 200 price difference lol, picked mine up for 65...

ScotStig
08-06-2015, 14:30
What are your steering- and speed-sensitivity settings?

Steerings at 40 and speed is at 0...

Brent G
08-06-2015, 15:37
Because there's about 200 price difference lol, picked mine up for 65...

Oh, you said TX italia which is a FFB wheel, you meant the Spider right? I thought you was implying that you had turned FFB off!

ScotStig
08-06-2015, 16:30
Oh, you said TX italia which is a FFB wheel, you meant the Spider right? I thought you was implying that you had turned FFB off!

Whoops! Aye I meant the Spider lol

Outlier
08-06-2015, 17:04
could just be under-steer??? If you are going too fast through the corner or getting on the power too early (assuming you have good rear grip) the car could be pushing. In that case, the car will feel like it's not turning - no matter how far you turn the wheel.

If that is the issue it could mean you are carrying too much speed in the corner. Or you might be able to reduce under-steer on exit by adjusting the accel differential setting. Or reduce under-steer on entry by adjusting the decel diff setting.

Bigsteviet
08-06-2015, 19:45
I just put it down to heavy steering at a standstill (Y'know, how you have to muscle the wheel to turn before pulling out of a space if you have no mechanical sympathy). Apply some gas, start moving and it lightens up...

Schnizz58
08-06-2015, 20:41
I know what the OP is talking about. With default settings, there often isn't enough steering travel to actually make some turns. Turn 1 at Brands Hatch is a good example. What I have done in those cases is reduce the steering ratio, sometimes all the way to the minimum setting. A few times I had to even go farther and reduce the DOR on the wheel.