PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G27 H Shifter Bug

ilmor
07-06-2015, 23:42
Racing the Caterham at Donnington. When I shift from 3rd to 4th, 4th is still 3rd, then I must shift to 5th to get 4th. So I checked the assignments; all were correct but I reset them anyway. I went back to to the race; same problem. So, then I tried a Free Practice session, same car and track. All is fine now. So I went back to the race, and the problem returned. I closed the game, rechecked the Logitech profiler, etc., re-started the game. Same problem. I stopped Project Cars and started up Assetto Corsa to see what it would do. It worked perfectly. I went back to Project Cars - same problem again. Obviously there is a bug here.

poirqc
08-06-2015, 01:31
I tought the same thing the first time i used my G27.

Then i realised i had that only on "paddle shifter" cars. I depends on what car you pick. Pick and F1, it's one at a time. Pick any old school car, you'll be able to 1rst to 5th anytime.

Right now, pCars doesn't emulate a sequencial shifter when you use a H-shifter. It does this akward behavior. There was some talk(here on the forum) to tune it so that it would 5-4-3-2... automaticaly.

Hope it helps.

Aldo Zampatti
08-06-2015, 01:36
which Caterham?
Poirqc might be right, only in H Shifter cars, the H shifter works as expected.
Please specify the car, and make the same attempt with Megane RS to see how it reacts

ilmor
08-06-2015, 09:39
which Caterham?
Poirqc might be right, only in H Shifter cars, the H shifter works as expected.
Please specify the car, and make the same attempt with Megane RS to see how it reacts

Sorry guys....its the Caterham Seven Classic...H shifter...

ilmor
08-06-2015, 23:07
Well...I figured it out. For some reason 3rd and 4th gears were set to the exact same ratio in the settings, apparently by default (since I never messed with them)...so, I changed 4th gear and all is well now. Sorry for any trouble!

Morgan Henstridge
09-06-2015, 05:32
Glad to hear you got it sorted, ilmor.

Not sure why your gears were like that. I have run the Caterham Classic with the fanatec CSS SQ in H pattern mode and didn't have this issue.

See you on the track :)

Roger Prynne
09-06-2015, 10:51
Well...I figured it out. For some reason 3rd and 4th gears were set to the exact same ratio in the settings, apparently by default (since I never messed with them)...so, I changed 4th gear and all is well now. Sorry for any trouble!

It's to do with the setup bug.... best thing to do in these situations is to reset the setup to default.