PDA

View Full Version : Video Calibration?

Photonmonkey
08-06-2015, 06:13
I noticed somewhere on line a screenshot of the visual settings page showing an option for video calibration, I know this would just be a test pattern for setting brightness etc but I have spent days trying to get my TV settings right for PCARS and this would have really helped, is there such a thing and if so why is it not on the PS4 version?

Siberian Tiger
08-06-2015, 06:24
On the PC there is a Screen Calibration under Visual Settings, don't know if this is also available on PS4.

I will check it over the Lunch...

Photonmonkey
09-06-2015, 09:02
Any news? I know the option is not there on PS4, I appreciate that it is just a test card to set the brightness but obviously all games are not made equal so just using a random test card isn't going to work. I keep having to play with my settings and just cannot get it looking right. Can we just get a link to the page or something to help us calibrate the settings? I am a bit of a perfectionist and this would really help.

Photonmonkey
20-10-2015, 10:02
I never got a response on this one, is there any way I can get hold of the calibration screens so I can use on my PS4 as although I have used ones off the net I need to calibrate my screen for the specific game as I know no 2 games are the same?

Or has anyone got a link to a good one I can use off the net as I have my PS4 on full RGB and need to calibrate my black levels as accurately as possible as still having dodgy looking clouds on some tracks at night. Silverstone is one in particular that is giving me grief. Just puts me off playing. Cheers

Liquid7394
20-10-2015, 16:12
I used this.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

I opened it on the PS4 browser and did necessary calibrations. If a certain game doesn't look right then I usually play around with brightness, gamma, contrast in the games settings. You can adjust exposure compensation in game.

I think the dodgy looking clouds thing is a bug.

poirqc
20-10-2015, 21:55
I never got a response on this one, is there any way I can get hold of the calibration screens so I can use on my PS4 as although I have used ones off the net I need to calibrate my screen for the specific game as I know no 2 games are the same?

Or has anyone got a link to a good one I can use off the net as I have my PS4 on full RGB and need to calibrate my black levels as accurately as possible as still having dodgy looking clouds on some tracks at night. Silverstone is one in particular that is giving me grief. Just puts me off playing. Cheers

You also have to keep in mind that calibration you do on a given input on a tv will only stay for the input you were on went you calibrated. So do it on the same one you have your PS4 hooked to.

This could also be usefull (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-display-calibration/948496-avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration.html). If you're able to burn it, maybe you could play it thru your PS4.

Photonmonkey
21-10-2015, 07:00
Thanks guys, I have tried both and to be honest I now think my TV is calibrated correctly it's just Project CARS has an issue with cloud rendering at night, seems worse on tracks with a lot of lighting and when there is a moon up. I have tried numerous combinations of 'limited' and 'Full' RGB and I cannot get rid of the weird 8 bit glowing 'radioactive' clouds. I did post about this some time ago and not sure if it is PS4 specific but definitely noticable, just spoils the look of the game for me. I thought it was fixed after patch 5.0 but in some situations it's still there.