PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable game.

Damrock
08-06-2015, 09:37
I guess this will already have threads but i am venting.

Gamepad - Twitchy as hell, laughable for a trying to play a sim would be fine in a arcade game.

Mouse - Deadzone in the middle of steering so can't use that either.

Wheel - 20-30 degree deadzone both left and right.

And yes i do have deadzone in options set to 0

Seriously wtf is this?, never seen so many controller issues with one game. The only alternative is to spend a 130 on a new wheel just to be able to play the game?

Shame proper testing and time wasn't spent on the controls, not like it's important i guess......

Venting done

Morgan Henstridge
08-06-2015, 09:45
Hi Damrock, sorryto hear you are having issues.

What wheel do you have??

Have you had a look at the Control pad thread HERE (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23167-Best-Control-Pad-Settings-All-Formats) for some of the best settings to use??

Damrock
08-06-2015, 09:52
I have a xbox 360 wireless wheel and a Thrustmaster Ferrari F458 Italia Racing Wheel non ffb(pc) both same with deadzone issue.

Tried my brothers Logitech force GT wheel and works perfectly fine.

I have tried so many different settings for the wheel & gamepad, wheel currently unplayable with the centre deadzone.
Gamepad feels twitchy and unplayable no matter what settings i try.

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 10:48

Gamepad - Twitchy as hell, laughable for a trying to play a sim would be fine in a arcade game.

Seriously wtf is this?, never seen so many controller issues with one game. The only alternative is to spend a 130 on a new wheel just to be able to play the game?

Shame proper testing and time wasn't spent on the controls, not like it's important i guess......

Venting done

Well that's one problem right there mate... setting Deadzone Removal Range to 0 will give you a big deadzone try something like between 0.1 to even 0.5 maybe.
The idea of the Deadzone Removal Range is to get rid of the Deadzone, so setting it to 0 will keep the Deadzone you already have on your wheel.
Looks like you might want 0.25 maybe.

Check out this post and after all the large menu pics you will find instructions on how to determine you Deadzone with a program called Wheelcheck.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE

Damrock
08-06-2015, 12:23
Well that's one problem right there mate... setting Deadzone Removal Range to 0 will give you a big deadzone try something like between 0.1 to even 0.5 maybe.
The idea of the Deadzone Removal Range is to get rid of the Deadzone, so setting it to 0 will keep the Deadzone you already have on your wheel.
Looks like you might want 0.25 maybe.

Check out this post and after all the large menu pics you will find instructions on how to determine you Deadzone with a program called Wheelcheck.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE

Sorry maybe should of been more clear about deadzone.

Steering deadzone is at 0, i've tried about 20 different deadzone removal ranges and none of them do anything to the centre deadzone.

Spent more time trying to get the wheel work than i have actually playing the game, hopefully next patch is out very shortly and fix's the issue if not refund it is.

Only so many times can change a setting, load up track, go back to main menu, change setting, reload track again etc (That's another thing, why cant you just change setting while on track rather than having to go back and forth over and over).

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 13:17
You still haven't said what wheel you are talking about.

Damrock
08-06-2015, 13:25
You still haven't said what wheel you are talking about.

I did further up.

"xbox 360 wireless wheel and a Thrustmaster Ferrari F458 Italia Racing Wheel non ffb"

Roger Prynne
08-06-2015, 14:15
Ah OK missed that post sorry.

HBR-Roadhog
08-06-2015, 14:27
Did you calibrate the wheel properly in the game?
I had a small amount of deadzone at first as well but setting the deadzone removal range to .10 cleaned it right up
My brother had a larger deadzone issue but was also cleaned right up by setting the deadzone removal range.

What about the sensitivity setting? I use 100 there I do not know if a low setting would be an issue.

The MSWheel is only a 270 degree rotation wheel haven't tried one of those, what about the other wheel what are the rotation limits on it?

Damrock
08-06-2015, 15:28
Ah OK missed that post sorry.

No problem :).

Damrock
08-06-2015, 15:30
Did you calibrate the wheel properly in the game?
I had a small amount of deadzone at first as well but setting the deadzone removal range to .10 cleaned it right up
My brother had a larger deadzone issue but was also cleaned right up by setting the deadzone removal range.

What about the sensitivity setting? I use 100 there I do not know if a low setting would be an issue.

The MSWheel is only a 270 degree rotation wheel haven't tried one of those, what about the other wheel what are the rotation limits on it?

Yeah i have tried multiple times with calibrating both wheels, Pretty sure the issue is something to do with it thinking the wheel is a gamepad yet does it with both wheels.

Ian Bell
08-06-2015, 15:30
Please continue to help Damrock guys.

I'm having a ball here with my various wheels on Xbox and I want him or her to get the same joy.

Raven403
08-06-2015, 15:47
Yeah i have tried multiple times with calibrating both wheels, Pretty sure the issue is something to do with it thinking the wheel is a gamepad yet does it with both wheels.

Which wheel? MadCatz, TX....

HBR-Roadhog
08-06-2015, 15:58
I had some issues initially calibrating my wheel. First I just turned it full left, hit next, then full right and hit next and it did not work properly. Second time I paid more attention to the text turned it full left, hit next then right to 90 degrees and hit next, still not correct.

When I got it correct I turned it full left, hit next, turned it back past center watching the numeric display and turned it to where it said 900 which was roughly 90 degrees and hit next. Wheel worked as expected then except for a bit of deadzone which i was later able to remove by setting the deadzone removal range to anywhere between .10 and .25 I think i finally settled on .16 as that felt best overall in various cars.

In your case I would think that should read 270 on the calibration. I would think a higher number may result in excess deadzone as the wheel can only turn 270 degrees.

As for thinking it is a game pad can't say as I have long ago gave away my MS Racing Wheel in favor of a Fanatec.
I have no knowledge of the other wheel you mention, haven't owned a non FFB wheel since the Sega Saturn was popular ;)

What kind of sensitivity settings are you using?
Have you tried selecting one of the wheel profiles in the game controllers section to see if it helps?

JeyD02
08-06-2015, 16:08

Venting done

Just want to clarify. Just because you having issues doesn't mean that everyone will. Of anything less people have issues than those who works right out of the box. So yes they did some extensive tests. Most time the problem with issues it's the user as well. You need to make some adjustments and make sure you have everything reset, right drivers, calibrated. There been times that problem like this lies on other ares that we haven't checked/fixed.

Mad Al
08-06-2015, 16:21
First off, how are you setting the wheels up, as neither is a directly supported device..
Are you setting them up as a custom wheel or low fidelity custom wheel ?

Ignore all the stuff about deadzone removal range, it's not applicable (it's for removing the FFB deadzone, you appear to have an issue with input deadzone!)

Guilherme Cramer
08-06-2015, 20:04

Venting done

Try the gamepad with deadzone set anywhere from 10-20, or alter the digital rate.

Dwayne
08-06-2015, 21:39

Venting doneTry my wrapper and set it up to get raw output :rolleyes: