PDA

View Full Version : Damage Inquiry Car v Car

Raven403
08-06-2015, 11:29
Is the damage model from Car to Car working as intended? I dont think it is because it seems you can run into a car with impressive force and suffer almost no damage for it....For example

Single Player Mode, Full Damage on...
http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/7eaf96ae-7fa0-4662-9b80-8fab65472042

I was able to continue racing basically unhindered, my straightline speed was much lower but I wouldve thought a collision like that wouldve wrecked both me and that other car

Another example...

Multiplayer, Hitting another player car basically Tboned, Full Damage on

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/170fb760-c85b-4a0d-b312-23e4864313d4

Pretty hard hit, but my car was basically undamaged. Compared to this

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/2080f219-f5cc-41f3-9b38-8fbc3c9776d1

Hitting the wall seemed to do alot more damage to my car, and actually seemed like the Proper amount, where contacting ANOTHER car seems to be totally different. Like I said its just an Inquiry If this is how it is all supposed to be ok then, But i thought I would point it out because it doesnt seem like it is.

Keep up the good work SMS! Im enjoying the game alot and cant wait for 1.4!:)

gds1972
08-06-2015, 12:29
I remember reading somewhere once that car companies can be very awkward when it comes to the amount of damage you can show to one of there cars when used in a game and I suspect this is the same for SMS. I have found pCARS seems to have quite allot of damage when compared to some other games such as being able to completely knock wheels off a car.

I also remember playing racing games a few years ago where it didn't matter how hard you hit something you never even got a scratch and the performance was never affected by any impact.

Raven403
08-06-2015, 12:41
I remember reading somewhere once that car companies can be very awkward when it comes to the amount of damage you can show to one of there cars when used in a game and I suspect this is the same for SMS. I have found pCARS seems to have quite allot of damage when compared to some other games such as being able to completely knock wheels off a car.

I also remember playing racing games a few years ago where it didn't matter how hard you hit something you never even got a scratch and the performance was never affected by any impact.

While I see your point about manufacturers being touchy about showing damage, I dont think it applies here, because
A) the RWD as shown in the first video, isnt a real car, it was designed by WMD members for the game, so that doesnt apply
B) The BMW still got all damaged, just when I hit a Wall, not the other car, so it doesnt apply there either.

I understand if its a brand new model and manufacturers dont want people thinking it explodes when you hit something, and mostly I would think that applies to Road cars, not Race cars.

Raven403
10-06-2015, 11:17
So no answer on this I guess?

Sonic6L
10-06-2015, 11:49
I noticed something similar yesterday in the Clio Cup Car. I T-Boned another one doing about 90-100mph in one of the braking zones on Silverstone and all the damage was a scratch to the bumper of my car and to the door of the opponent. Full damage was on with mechanical failures. Steering, brakes were unaffected, my acceleration dropped a bit due to aero damage but I expected a bit more damage. I even shunted a Clio from the rear and there was no aero damage, just scratches/scuffs.

Going into the wall seemed to do normal damage as expected.

Raven403
10-06-2015, 12:22
I noticed something similar yesterday in the Clio Cup Car. I T-Boned another one doing about 90-100mph in one of the braking zones on Silverstone and all the damage was a scratch to the bumper of my car and to the door of the opponent. Full damage was on with mechanical failures. Steering, brakes were unaffected, my acceleration dropped a bit due to aero damage but I expected a bit more damage. I even shunted a Clio from the rear and there was no aero damage, just scratches/scuffs.

Going into the wall seemed to do normal damage as expected.

It does seem that hitting another car is way less punishing. Maybe it was designed that way to make it friendlier to race in traffic but something tells me its a bug?

Ian Bell
10-06-2015, 13:48
It was designed like this to make up for our terrible AI.

Seriously though, I don't know the answer. I'll leave it to someone else in the team.

mister dog
10-06-2015, 14:01
I've noticed this too. No idea if it differs from one game mode to another, but i've had tons of violent crashes so far and sometimes there is little to no damage.

Raven403
10-06-2015, 14:03

Seriously though, I don't know the answer. I'll leave it to someone else in the team.

Awesome, Thanks Ian.

Outlier
10-06-2015, 14:21

Ha Ha!

Sonic6L
10-06-2015, 15:13

The AI in the Clio Cup with 29 racers is pretty spot on to me ;). Rubbing is racing and Clio Cup drivers are no stranger to that!

mister dog
10-06-2015, 17:44
So do others experience the same? Smacking head on against a wall at 100k's for example, and not having the damage you expect, being able to continue with some mechanical damage but not much visual damage, whilst your race should be over there and then?

I know the extensive damage model is present in game, it just doesn't seem to show itself often (bug maybe?).

Raven403
10-06-2015, 18:27
So do others experience the same? Smacking head on against a wall at 100k's for example, and not having the damage you expect, being able to continue with some mechanical damage but not much visual damage, whilst your race should be over there and then?

I know the extensive damage model is present in game, it just doesn't seem to show itself often (bug maybe?).

Im glad you posted mister dog cuz I know you play on PC and that confirms its not just an Xbox issue. I sincerely doubt we are the only two who notice

mister dog
10-06-2015, 19:03
I guess we are one of the few that crash a lot :)
I'm going to take extra notice on this and make some pics/vids soon to demonstrate our point more.

Can you change the thread title maybe? I think many people read it as some sort of summary/analysis instead of an issue that is being raised.

Sonic6L
10-06-2015, 19:12
Im glad you posted mister dog cuz I know you play on PC and that confirms its not just an Xbox issue. I sincerely doubt we are the only two who notice

If I hit a wall, I get damage as expected. When I hit another car I didn't get the damage as expected (I was driving the GT4 BMW M3 on Catalunya, hit a Ginetta in the braking zone doing about 80mph at the point of impact). I did get T-Boned and then I got the damage that I expected however.

Lukeymonster
10-06-2015, 19:46
I think it will be addressed. Contact with the track elements does more to me than other cars. If another car hits me while I'm stationary and they are at full tilt there is damage but not the light onto medium contact. I also rarely see damage to my sides where most contact in race happens.

My issue with it is that sometimes I make stupid moves in desperation and don't get punished for it.

mister dog
10-06-2015, 19:52
I think the wall damage is not sufficient enough neither though. Crashed into them lots of times at break neck speeds and it didn't look half as bad as i would have imagined.

Try driving head on into the barrier/ wall at speed and check it out for yourselves, should be interesting :)

Raven403
11-06-2015, 10:47
I think the wall damage is not sufficient enough neither though. Crashed into them lots of times at break neck speeds and it didn't look half as bad as i would have imagined.

Try driving head on into the barrier/ wall at speed and check it out for yourselves, should be interesting :)

Funny you should say that, I have a video of something that illustrates that point......lol

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/ba47309d-a526-414e-9ad7-ea1396d2cf7e

mister dog
11-06-2015, 11:31
Funny you should say that, I have a video of something that illustrates that point......lol

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/ba47309d-a526-414e-9ad7-ea1396d2cf7e

I can do one better, on your video you don't see the front (although it is clear seeing the back of that car that it looks way to intact). I made a special little crash test myself this morning;

Driving head on into a tyre wall at 130k's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djnqIoc4u-k

But almost no damage at all to the car expect for some scratches...

I noticed that if you do the same crash but at 200+ k's, then the bodywork is damaged properly, and the car is dead mechanically. So my guess is that the speed barrier at which real crash damage triggers is set way too high, and should be lowered.

Sonic6L
12-06-2015, 10:28
So does anyone else have this issue?

mister dog
12-06-2015, 11:31
So does anyone else have this issue?
It's the damage model so i suppose everyone has this issue on each platform.

Raven403
12-06-2015, 11:38

Agreed, Ian said he would pass it on, and I sent it to the Vehicle Lead as well so my hope is they are looking into it, The thread title doesnt include anything slanderous or say "Question for Ian Bell" so it wont get as many responses I guess lol. Hopefully it will be addressed, but its not game breaking. So once all the real problem stuff is addressed hopefully this will get some more attention.

Sonic6L
12-06-2015, 11:40
Agreed, Ian said he would pass it on, and I sent it to the Vehicle Lead as well so my hope is they are looking into it, The thread title doesnt include anything slanderous or say "Question for Ian Bell" so it wont get as many responses I guess lol. Hopefully it will be addressed, but its not game breaking. So once all the real problem stuff is addressed hopefully this will get some more attention.

Ah okay, sorry I didn't see that :).

mister dog
12-06-2015, 11:40
When i'm bored i'll do some more tests with different cars and post more vids. That little corner i used with the tyre wall is perfect for some Euro NCAP style tests :)

ps. Not an expert but i think it's just a trigger that needs readjusting. Like i mentioned before maybe the code is programmed that you only get real damage after you crash above 200 k's, so all that needs to be done is lower that parameter for realistic damage to occur at lower speeds. Crash head on into a wall at 130 k's in real life, and there won't be much left of your front, but as it is, the front is only ripped apart after you crash at top speed now.

Raven403
12-06-2015, 11:57
When i'm bored i'll do some more tests with different cars and post more vids. That little corner i used with the tyre wall is perfect for some Euro NCAP style tests :)

ps. Not an expert but i think it's just a trigger that needs readjusting. Like i mentioned before maybe the code is programmed that you only get real damage after you crash above 200 k's, so all that needs to be done is lower that parameter for realistic damage to occur at lower speeds. Crash head on into a wall at 130 k's in real life, and there won't be much left of your front, but as it is, the front is only ripped apart after you crash at top speed now.

I too am no expert, But I think your right, It does seem like the damage model is there, but just a bit off. And maybe it doesnt trigger like it should striking another car. The running full speed at the wall stuff I always found to be dodgey in all the games. It should be an option though if you want, that if you screw it up your car turns into a cloud of carbon Fiber and parts lol

mister dog
12-06-2015, 12:34
Ok, couldn't resist.

This is the Euro Ncap footage of the 2014 Megane at 64 km's an hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5m0Q_TQGmw

As you can see, a frontal impact at that speed would write off your car to the graveyard.

And this is mister dog's footage of the Megane RS in PCARS, crashing at a whopping 190 km's an hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP7U6ZiNGAg

So at 3 times the speed of the Euro NCAP footage, i can just turn around after crashing and drive on. Seems you are only stranded in case a wheel falls off (happened before). I was even able to drive on in a straight line without major issues.

Raven403
12-06-2015, 12:48
Yeah, I get it and I find that in almost every racing game Ive played though. Especially with a licensed Road car. the manufacturer isnt going to want you to SHOW their car exploding in a cloud of metal because it would give people the impression thats what their car would do (even if thats EXACTLY what it would do). So that doesnt bother me as much, I mean it clearly damages the car but it is a bit crazy you can just drive off but still. This has always been a major irk for me in Forza too, hitting a wall at 200 mph bends up your fenders and cracks some glass but you drive off either way. But like I said I get alot of that has to do with licensing.

I just wish it wasnt like that for Race cars too, because well, Race cars crash, it happens alot, a C7R crashed in Quali at Le Mans I dont see chevy throwing a tarp over it and Saying "NOTHING TO SEE HERE!" So if your in a Sim like this in a Race car, I have alllllways wanted to play a game that if i hit a wall at 100+ my car is damaged appropriately, but for the reason I stated I understand why thats next to impossible. And even the cars that are Fictional like the RWD and Marek, it would suck if ONLY those disintigrated when you hit something, no one would use them lol.

My biggest concern and reason I asked in the OP was because of the glaring difference in Car-Car, Car-Scenery damage. Because especially in that first clip when I rear ended an AI at almost 160 mph Im pretty sure both of us would be pretty much done after that.

mister dog
12-06-2015, 12:55
Yeah, I get it and I find that in almost every racing game Ive played though. Especially with a licensed Road car. the manufacturer isnt going to want you to SHOW their car exploding in a cloud of metal because it would give people the impression thats what their car would do (even if thats EXACTLY what it would do). So that doesnt bother me as much, I mean it clearly damages the car but it is a bit crazy you can just drive off but still. This has always been a major irk for me in Forza too, hitting a wall at 200 mph bends up your fenders and cracks some glass but you drive off either way. But like I said I get alot of that has to do with licensing.

That's an urban myth actually, mainly used by GT fans to excuse that game not having had a proper damage model ever :). Speed up to 5:40 and Stefano states that devs can include proper damage, just no body parts, explosions etcetera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqo_SDyWuqM

Ian Bell
12-06-2015, 13:11
That's an urban myth actually, mainly used by GT fans to excuse that game not having had a proper damage model ever :). Speed up to 5:40 and Stefano states that devs can include proper damage, just no body parts, explosions etcetera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqo_SDyWuqM

Games can include what we've included.

mister dog
12-06-2015, 13:19
So then there are certain restrictions? In any case like Raven mentions, i too can live with a damage model that doesn't totally rip the car apart like it would in real life, but it would be nice to have terminal damage happen at way lower speeds than is the case now. For example a crash at 100+ k's head on and your race should be over.

Raven403
12-06-2015, 13:38

Yeah thats what I figured, I know there has to be a lot of restrictions and politics involved with licensing, Cant even imagine. I want to say that makes an argument for designing your own car models, but then consumer interest drops off I would think. In any case I think we can all agree the main issue as stated in the OP is the difference in Car v Car damage.

That being said I do notice the damage when I go off and hit walls/Scenery, its more punishing in certain cars (open wheel) as it should be, so i enjoy that. It would be nice if in the future Sims (Pcars 2 ;)) could include something like "Hardcore Mode" where maybe only using originally modeled cars the damage is ultra realistic, but its an option so casual gamers dont get turned off by realistic damage. But I digress, I have every confidence the guys (and girls?) at SMS are working hard to achieve perfection and im sure this will be addressed with the current damage model tweaks later on.

mister dog
12-06-2015, 13:43
Yeah thats what I figured, I know there has to be a lot of restrictions and politics involved with licensing, Cant even imagine. I want to say that makes an argument for designing your own car models, but then consumer interest drops off I would think. In any case I think we can all agree the main issue as stated in the OP is the difference in Car v Car damage.

That being said I do notice the damage when I go off and hit walls/Scenery, its more punishing in certain cars (open wheel) as it should be, so i enjoy that. It would be nice if in the future Sims (Pcars 2 ;)) could include something like "Hardcore Mode" where maybe only using originally modeled cars the damage is ultra realistic, but its an option so casual gamers dont get turned off by realistic damage. But I digress, I have every confidence the guys (and girls?) at SMS are working hard to achieve perfection and im sure this will be addressed with the current damage model tweaks later on.
I can believe there are certain restrictions depending on the manufacturer, but i doubt you'd have to model your own fantasy cars in order to have terminal damage and car vs car damage.

ps; look what i found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOwpTMn08o

Raven403
12-06-2015, 13:47
I can believe there are certain restrictions depending on the manufacturer, but i doubt you'd have to model your own fantasy cars in order to have terminal damage and car vs car damage.

No I agree, I mainly meant to have a car disintegrate. But I think the damage model is THERE in Pcars (like you said earlier) it just needs some tweaking

Edit: Another reason I think the damage altogether is in need of some tweaking is the 'Mechanical Fault' indicator, which is the only real way to know you HAVE suffered damage besides the wheel being off center, I find you have to hit something Reaaallly hard, to initiate that and sometimes it doesnt pop up at all.

Raven403
12-06-2015, 13:54

ps; look what i found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOwpTMn08o

LOL I had shift 2 and I never remember so many cars flipping over. But see I think that damage model is THERE in Pcars its just off..... Correct me if im wrong Mr. Bell (Any other Dev)

Loved Shift 2 BTW, the physics were a bit wonky but I enjoyed all the innovative features like helmet cam, and Race Modifying road cars, Awesome :D

Sonic6L
12-06-2015, 14:11
Raven403 and Mister Dog are basically saying all of the things I want to say in relation to this :). Including loving Shift 2.

Raven403
12-06-2015, 16:10
After watching JonZ's video (excellent watch here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30957-Louder-than-Words)

I do feel like the damage model is in the game, it just needs some attention, atleast on console. Obviously the video is on a computer that can run Pcars at its best, but the damage model should be the same. So the model is there, just needs some fine tuning. (in my opinion.)

g33k hack3rs
12-06-2015, 20:43
I totally agree with the impression that car vs car damage seem to be much less than car vs environment. Might also be the perception of direction and relative speed. Brush with a wall for instance rarely cause any significant damage whereas a 90 degree impact at low speed will usually have some visible and performance impacting damage. Probably the speed difference on impact is much less with car vs car and hence the perception that it should be more damage. Maybe they should tweak the sound model to that it more closely correlates to the level of damage.

Raven403
15-06-2015, 12:37
Yeah, I did some testing in those Group 5s we raced last night, and while slightly hitting a wall clearly gives you damage, theres no way to know WHAT. And the only time any damage indicator came up was when I head on'd a wall at Pit Entry and destroyed my car. So I think its just a tad too high a threshold.

Raven403
10-07-2015, 12:46
Is there news or is this being looked at at all?

Hefferzzzz
13-07-2015, 15:37

So what about the damage modelling in GRID? Surely if an arcade game like that with licenced cars can have realistic damage modelling why can't pcars?

Raven403
13-07-2015, 16:52
Just kinda want to know if there is in fact something off with it or is it just what it is

Raven403
15-07-2015, 15:06
Yes no maybe so?

Hefferzzzz
15-07-2015, 15:11
Yes no maybe so?

I think its just the way it is which is really disappointing. No risk to anyone hammering down the inside and using you as a brake, no danger of taking a corner too fast.

Pretty poor excuse too as to why considering other games have the ability to portray realistic damage simulation scenarios.

kevinbuchholz
15-07-2015, 17:50
Even if the visual damage has to be toned down, at least there could be actual mechanical damage as a deterrent to risky moves.

Raven403
15-07-2015, 18:02
Well the visual damage when hitting other cars IS toned down I think

Raven403
16-07-2015, 14:34
This hasn't been added to any known issues list so I guess it's not an issue? Kind of a shame it's pretty tough to see someone use their car as a ram and take almost no damage

mister dog
16-07-2015, 15:18
It's more of a dev choice than an issue i figure. Playing PCARS 2 one of the first things i noticed was how real the damage model felt like all of a sudden. Went over one of the jumps a bit sideways and immediately my car was banged up, whilst in 1 you hardly notice anything when having a severe crash.

I do hope this will still be rectified along the way for 1 though. If they cannot show too much visual damage due to supposed manufacturer restrictions, i hope there can at least be more realistic mechanical damage. One shouldn't be able to drive head on into walls at 200 k's and be able to drive away afterwards.

Nats
21-07-2015, 12:48
Mechanical damage is far better protrayed in Race 07 that's for sure.

wadafaka
22-07-2015, 14:32
We need more damage... That's what makes racing exciting, dangerous.. you drive on the limit, knowing that if you make a mistake, you could totally wreck the car. The damage model seems to be there, but it requires ridiculous speed to get any effect.

For those who don't like damage, you can add a slider. Hell, even Grid has options for "No damage, Visual only, Full damage" while other games have a slider to set the damage multiplier, we are talking about arcade games here! How is it that they are more realistic (when it comes to damage) than a racing simulator..

This game is so great but in many areas there is certainly room for improvement. I sincerely hope they up the damage in the future :)

PS: Just to clarify, I am not talking about visual damage (although that would be awesome), what I mean is, crashing into a wall at 200km/h+ should have consequences.. hard consequences.

OverHaased
22-07-2015, 14:43
Racing open wheel in formula rookie with damge set at full it is pretty easy to tear wheels off when you "interlock" with an opponent going straight.

Raven403
27-08-2015, 20:40
Racing open wheel in formula rookie with damge set at full it is pretty easy to tear wheels off when you "interlock" with an opponent going straight.

Yeah, but the open wheelers are a bit different. Using those videos from the other posts its pretty clear to see there is a HUGE disparity in damage between cars and walls/barriers.

The fact you can show the damage they do when you hit a barrier means they're allowed to show it, it just never happens when you hit another car. that's surely something that can be tweaked no?

kevinbuchholz
27-08-2015, 21:16
To be honest, I've all but stopped playing PCars at this point. Between this and the way the AI works I just don't enjoy racing on it. I've seen Prototypes missing bodywork and aero continuing on like nothing happened, passing in the grass/gravel without slowing down, continuing to plow through stopped cars and pushing them down the track, getting stuck in barriers and sitting there the entire race without reversing, carrying high speed and a funny line through sweepers but being overly slow in other parts of the course ... it goes on....
The game is beautiful to look at, the cars feel great, I enjoy the physics. I bought it to race off-line (iRacing has online covered hands down) and sadly, it just doesn't live up to expectations.

Raven403
31-10-2015, 18:13
So Is there anything being done with this stuff or is it just "is what it is"

This clip shows me clipping another FB car, but instead of my wing shattering, it lifts the FB up off the road, um what? Not only that, my wing doesn't even look like its making direct contact with the other car.....

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/162d563a-66c1-4a1c-b60a-2f2ffc29d865

pigsy
01-11-2015, 07:31
To be honest, I've all but stopped playing PCars at this point. Between this and the way the AI works I just don't enjoy racing on it. I've seen Prototypes missing bodywork and aero continuing on like nothing happened, passing in the grass/gravel without slowing down, continuing to plow through stopped cars and pushing them down the track, getting stuck in barriers and sitting there the entire race without reversing, carrying high speed and a funny line through sweepers but being overly slow in other parts of the course ... it goes on....
The game is beautiful to look at, the cars feel great, I enjoy the physics. I bought it to race off-line (iRacing has online covered hands down) and sadly, it just doesn't live up to expectations.

I buy all the DLC packs have bought a Gold membership to Pcars2 and will support Pcars till the day I die. But really I'm like Kevin. It's a bit hard to get enthused with Pcars with the current crash physics, damage system and some of the strange things the AI do. Also the fact that Quick race qualifying doesn't work now (putting me on pole regardless of my qualyfying position - reported elsewhere). Here's hoping we don't have to wait to Pcars 2 for it to be fixed.

TopAirspace
01-11-2015, 12:12
I completely agree,
And we need more mechanical failures / punctures etc.
If you're stuck battling it out say in 12th place and the leader manages to get 30 or 40 seconds down the road then it's pretty much race over in tems of battling for the win at some point.
Thats why we need incidents that could potentially cause a saftey car scenario to bunch the field up again. This is so important strategy wise and frankly without such an implementation i can't see oval racing working.
If i spin in an Indycar and whack the wall without suffering catastrophic terminal damage than i'll probably just stick to the crap Forza dishes up. I expect crap from Forza in terms of oval racing so I'm not disappointed...
Look at Papyrus Indycar racing, it was made in 96' and no games today touch it in terms of crash physics.

Haiden
01-11-2015, 12:12
So Is there anything being done with this stuff or is it just "is what it is"

This clip shows me clipping another FB car, but instead of my wing shattering, it lifts the FB up off the road, um what? Not only that, my wing doesn't even look like its making direct contact with the other car.....

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/162d563a-66c1-4a1c-b60a-2f2ffc29d865

Looks like you only made wheel contact and didn't touch the front wing. If anything, I think your car should have been the one lifted from that wheel contact.

TopAirspace
01-11-2015, 12:23
And also if the car manufacturers want to winge and moan about their precious cars being bent and crumbled then make it so they can't be bent and crumbled, just have some removable body parts (bumpers etc) and make it so the wheels come off easily and bend up at peculiar angles to mimick suspension damage on both the Player and AI cars. And make it very easy for this to happen, (realisticly easy)

pigsy
02-11-2015, 08:04
I completely agree,
Look at Papyrus Indycar racing, it was made in 96' and no games today touch it in terms of crash physics.

Amazing how we're nearly 20 years in the future and complaining about crash physics.

Coanda
28-03-2016, 14:04
A shame. Very visually nice when it decides to happen however very unrealistic when it does. If I choose to select the hardest mode to race then I want the closest available experience to the real thing.. flying over Eau Rouge and into the wall at 300+ should destroy my car, not leave it with some scuff marks..

Konan
28-03-2016, 14:38
Deleted :o

Raven403
28-03-2016, 15:03
This all has to do with the restrictions some car manufacturers put up in order for the developers to have their brand in the game....
As Mahjik stated in another thread about this: if you look at some videos about the crash physics before release,you would be amazed of what this engine can do...
Not much you can do about it if your hands are tied...so to speak...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46158-project-cars-desctuction-physics

Sorry but that isn't the point of THIS thread.

The point is the Physics are different depending on WHAT you hit. Look at the very first post in the thread, I T-bone another car at speed and barely take a dent, then I hit a wall at similar speed, and crunch up the whole front end.

Its about keeping the damage physics consistent, not the extent of the damage itself. Manufacturers and lawyers are responsible for what makes it into the game and that's one thing, Keeping the same damage physics for hitting different materials is quite another.

Edit: Videos probly wont work bc they are no longer on my Xbox CLips page I would guess.

Konan
28-03-2016, 15:12
Sorry but that isn't the point of THIS thread.

The point is the Physics are different depending on WHAT you hit. Look at the very first post in the thread, I T-bone another car at speed and barely take a dent, then I hit a wall at similar speed, and crunch up the whole front end.

Its about keeping the damage physics consistent, not the extent of the damage itself. Manufacturers and lawyers are responsible for what makes it into the game and that's one thing, Keeping the same damage physics for hitting different materials is quite another.

No need to say sorry when it's me who made the mistake :)
I obviously was a bit lazy this time and assumed by reading only the last post (since the one before was way older) that the thread was about that (the title suggested that too)
I normally never jump the gun like that and won't do it again....it's never good to cut corners (lol)
So it's me who apologises...sorry :cool:

Raven403
28-03-2016, 15:25
No need to say sorry when it's me who made the mistake :)
I obviously was a bit lazy this time and assumed by reading only the last post (since the one before was way older) that the thread was about that (the title suggested that too)
I normally never jump the gun like that and won't do it again....it's never good to cut corners (lol)
So it's me who apologises...sorry :cool:

NBD, don't think anything is gonna change with it anyways lol

kevin kirk
28-03-2016, 17:11
With the kaotic nature of the AI. I don't know if I want the damage from car to car contact to be accurate.

Raven403
28-03-2016, 19:09
With the kaotic nature of the AI. I don't know if I want the damage from car to car contact to be accurate.

Its besides the point, but like I said, pretty sure Nothing is going to be done about it at this point anyway. I tried for months.