PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] PSI rather than Bar

drb1965
08-06-2015, 12:37
I am old school and prefer PSI to Bar for tyre pressures, is there a way to change this in the menu. I have changed from metric to imperial and vice versa but without change.

Franco Ferrari
08-06-2015, 12:40
There is no way ATM.

All measuring units in the setup are metric.
The only thing affected by the imperial/metric switch is the speedometer on the HUD.

drb1965
08-06-2015, 12:43
Thanks for the info, do you think it could be added into a future patch ?

Franco Ferrari
08-06-2015, 12:51
Thanks for the info, do you think it could be added into a future patch ?

All I know is that it has been mentioned before.
Not sure if it's in the "wishlist" or something...
It's gonna be a low priority one anyway, though. :(

EDIT: yes, it's in the wishlist: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21985-Project-Cars-Ultimate-Suggestion-Thread (search for "imperial")

Gromran
08-06-2015, 12:53
Thanks for the info, do you think it could be added into a future patch ?Why? SI is the world standard.

Steve Dean
08-06-2015, 13:17
I too would prefer PSI but for the time being i just use google to calculate it if on PC you could open steam in-game overlay and open the web browser, so don't have to alt tab or use a smartphone or tablet if have one.

just type it in to the google search, example - 25psi in bar.

isn't the best way to do it but is a kinda workaround better then guessing like me I have no idea what BAR value i would have to use.

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 13:21
I too would prefer PSI but for the time being i just use google to calculate it if on PC you could open steam in-game overlay and open the web browser, so don't have to alt tab or use a smartphone or tablet if have one.

just type it in to the google search, example - 25psi in bar.

isn't the best way to do it but is a kinda workaround better then guessing like me I have no idea what BAR value i would have to use.

Easier way: 1bar = 14.5 PSI

drb1965
08-06-2015, 13:47
Easier way: 1bar = 14.5 PSI

Even easier way, have ability to show psi rather than bar.;)

Only kidding, couldn't resist

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 13:49
Even easier way, have ability to show psi rather than bar.;)

Only kidding, couldn't resist

See it as a chance to improve your Math-Fu. :cool:

LADY GEMMA JANE
08-06-2015, 14:00
PSI would be better

Gromran
08-06-2015, 14:12
PSI would be betterTo crash a mars orbiter on surface? ;)

Franco Ferrari
08-06-2015, 14:17
I think many are being misled...

Unless you're a real race mechanic, with actual knowledge, learned from first person experience, or even an enthusiast with a proper technical background... the fact that, for example, the tire pressure is exposed in BAR rather than in PSI, isn't going to make much difference.

I mean... let's make an example.
You're a real expert mechanic (and a good driver also) in real life, and playing the game trying your car on the track you found that the front tires are softer that optimal... and, even before checking the actual pressure, you know that the correct pressure should be 28psi (because the tire compound, air temperature and track temperature combo told you so - more on this later)... then you go into the setup menu and set the pressure to exactly 28psi.
In this case... being able to input exactly the correct value you know from experience would be helped by using the correct unit of measure.

But unless you're an expert... and you don't know what the track and air temperatures are (because ATM the game is not telling you the track temperature)... all you need to know is that the tires are softer... and you maybe need 5% more pressure... which means that you're going from 2.00bar to 2.10bar... or from 29psi to 30.45psi... and that's all.
You're always adding 5% of pressure to a base value.

....and we can choose to display the readings in any arbitrary measuring unit (Klingons-per-square-fathom for example.... for what it's worth)... all you're going to do in the example above, is that you're always adding 5% of pressure in that unit.