PDA

View Full Version : [VR] PS4 Morpheus?

SergioCosmopolis
08-06-2015, 18:17
Hello Ian,
First off, thanks for a great game.
I was wondering if you've had a chance to play the game using Project Morpheus? If so, how was it? Did you, or has anyone else that has tried it, experience any motion sickness while playing?
VR in video games has me so excited. Morpheus support was the sole reason I went with the PS4 version. I'm glad I did too, as I'm also looking forward to the next patch with the motion controls. Have you tried that as well?

Thanks again,

Sir Segio Cosmopolis

HarryHoodlum
08-06-2015, 18:29
Hi Sergio,

The truth is, we programmed all of this stuff, but we decided not to try it ourselves. We figured, "You know what might be fun? Releasing some features that are completely 100% untested, especially the VR thingamabob". Glad you're enjoying Project Cars!

-Ian Bell

Ian Bell
08-06-2015, 18:40
Hi Sergio,

The truth is, we programmed all of this stuff, but we decided not to try it ourselves. We figured, "You know what might be fun? Releasing some features that are completely 100% untested, especially the VR thingamabob". Glad you're enjoying Project Cars!

-Ian Bell

Nailed it.

To be fair to us though, There is no Project Morpheus yet so we used our psychic powers to , as Harry says, completely mess it up (in potentia).

GBRC.C7
08-06-2015, 19:38
Nailed it.

To be fair to us though, There is no Project Morpheus yet so we used our psychic powers to , as Harry says, completely mess it up (in potentia).

Chewy, you should have asked Yoda, the psychic force strong with him it is.... , Han start the Falcon up while I get 'me coat.

SergioCosmopolis
08-06-2015, 20:34
Nailed it.

I thought I had read that Project Cars already had Morpheus support built in. Doesn't, or didn't the game's site say that or am I wrong? And how are those motion controls?

Thanks

joking_aura
08-06-2015, 20:42
Nailed it.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but since you have stopped in to comment on the ps4 side instead of arguing with the lunatic fringe on the Forza thread I thought you might look up my post regarding online reputation and how it is to be implemented in the future. This intrigued me when I first read about in before release, but the final game doesn't seem to have implemented what was described.

LordDRIFT
08-06-2015, 20:43
In Raasha, Project CARS drive you...

Umer Ahmad
08-06-2015, 20:47
Thread title updated comrades

JessicaWalter
08-06-2015, 20:55
in case this helps anyone else, i found an article that a gentleman with only one eye wrote. he was able to use the morpheus and enjoyed it.

LordDRIFT
08-06-2015, 20:56
in case this helps anyone else, i found an article that a gentleman with only one eye wrote. he was able to use the morpheus and enjoyed it.

link?

HarryHoodlum
08-06-2015, 20:58

Off topic: Who are the two people staring at me in your avatar?

JessicaWalter
08-06-2015, 20:58
link?

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/vision-impaired-test-drive-oculus-rift-project-morpheus/

LordDRIFT
08-06-2015, 21:02
http://www.dailydot.com/geek/vision-impaired-test-drive-oculus-rift-project-morpheus/

Nice..

JessicaWalter
08-06-2015, 21:04
Off topic: Who are the two people staring at me in your avatar?

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen

HarryHoodlum
08-06-2015, 21:12
Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen

Lies!

SergioCosmopolis
08-06-2015, 22:30
Well the site still has Morpheus and Occulus listed. I hope Mr. Bell can give a clearer more serious answer, as to if Morpheus is supported or not, as I'm planning on getting a wheel, but seeing as all my other racing is done on X-Box One, if Morpheus isn't supported I'd much rather trade my PS4 copy for an XB1 version and have a wheel that'd work with all of my racing games. Buying a racing wheel is a pretty big purchase for my wallet, and if I did so based on things that turned out not to be the truth I'd be quite peeved.

MULTIVITZ
08-06-2015, 22:41
You mean like being an avid tuner and finding out theres no external telemetry app support for the ps4 I bought to play a car sim game on?
I can't convey my feelings on that, still could be worse?

Mr.Smoke
08-06-2015, 22:44
It has been publicly mentioned numerous times that pCARS will have Morpheus support. If it doesnt end up happening, there will be a major shit-storm.

With no official ETA on Morpheus (that im aware of anyways) we really dont know how long we will need to wait for that extra level of immersion. Im excited for it though!!

jason
08-06-2015, 22:51
I will get morpheous day 1 , it has been said umpteen times that project cars is compatible or will be , day one patch please :) if its not already implemented .

JessicaWalter
08-06-2015, 23:31
...will have Morpheus support. If it doesnt end up happening, there will be a major shit-storm.

oh sweet! if it doesn't support morpheus they'll give us a new selectable weather pattern! everyone, make sure you map a "wipers" button

SergioCosmopolis
09-06-2015, 04:04
It has been publicly mentioned numerous times that pCARS will have Morpheus support. If it doesnt end up happening, there will be a major shit-storm.

With no official ETA on Morpheus (that im aware of anyways) we really dont know how long we will need to wait for that extra level of immersion. Im excited for it though!!

Sony has said 1st part of 2016. There should (hopefully) be more news from E3.

SergioCosmopolis
09-06-2015, 04:11

Sony has said 1st part of 2016. There should (hopefully) be more news from E3.
I was talking to my buddy's father the other day about this actually. He's a corporate lawyer, and he said with the prominence of Morpheus support in their adds, site, etc., (I described them, he wouldn't know Project Cars from Mario) that to not have it would open them up to a class action suit, kind of like Sony just lost with the PS Vita. Of course, I haven't heard anywhere that they've dropped any plans for support, except for Ian's comment above, which I admit I don't really get.

madmax2069
09-06-2015, 04:53
Nice..

Keep in mind though since he only has one usable eye he isnt getting the full effect that a VR headset provides (yes he'll be able to see and yes head tracking will work but thats not the only thing that VR headsets provide).

Ryzza5
09-06-2015, 07:51
oh sweet! if it doesn't support morpheus they'll give us a new selectable weather pattern! everyone, make sure you map a "wipers" button

Just select the Light Rain option, job done. :)

Zenzic
02-11-2015, 12:22
Nailed it.

All joking aside; just about five months have passed. Can we still expect PCars 1 to support Sony VR upon release?

Fre.Mo
02-11-2015, 13:03
All joking aside; just about five months have passed. Can we still expect PCars 1 to support Sony VR upon release?

This will only be in 2D for PCARS I suppose?

Zenzic
02-11-2015, 13:17
What leads you to think that? So far I've read nothing that gave me that impression.

The only reason I'm posting my question is because the road map might have changed due to bug fixing and Sony's release timing.

JessicaWalter
02-11-2015, 13:22
Just select the Light Rain option, job done. :)

i was jokingly referring to the "shit-storm" that was mentioned

Fre.Mo
02-11-2015, 16:50
What leads you to think that? So far I've read nothing that gave me that impression.

The only reason I'm posting my question is because the road map might have changed due to bug fixing and Sony's release timing.

I asked if vr support was only 2D because the ps4's harware is actualy close to 100% usage and I hardly see how it could generate a 3D 60fps signal for such vr device.

Zenzic
02-11-2015, 17:03
Sony VR has a separate processing unit to help the PS4 along. It's underneath the headphones in the pic below.

http://media.t3.com/img/resized/so/xxs_Sony-Project-Morpheus-4-970-80.jpg

Liquid7394
02-11-2015, 17:12
http://www.cgmagonline.com/articles/news/playstation-vr-needs-external-processing-unit/

Fre.Mo
02-11-2015, 18:49
Ok I better understand how it will work...
Sorry for my scepticism.

SUBGTRACER
03-11-2015, 00:16
PlayStation VR games http://www.wareable.com/project-morpheus/sony-project-morpheus-release-date-price-games

This is a list of some of the big PS VR compatible games...
• Adrift (Three One Zero)
• The Assembly (nDreams)
• Cult County (Renegade Kid)

• The Deep (SCE London Studio)

• Eve Valkyrie (CCP Games)

•Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix)
• Five Nights at Freddy's 2 (Scottgames)

•Gran Turismo Sport (Polyphony Digital)
• Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (Steel Crate)

• London Heist (SCE London Studios)

• Magic Controller (SCE)

• Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios)
• Q.U.B.E² (Toxic Games)

•Robinson: The Journey (Crytek)
•Shadow of the Beast (Heavy Spectrum)
• Street Luge (SCE London Studios)

• Surgeon Simulator (Bossa Studios)

• Summer Lesson (Katsuhiro Harada)

•Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco)
• Thief (Eidos Montréal)

• The Toybox (SCE)

• War Thunder (Gaijin Entertainment

Fre.Mo
03-11-2015, 06:11
I can t wait seeing what pcars looks like using VR headset...

Fre.Mo
03-11-2015, 06:14
http://www.cgmagonline.com/articles/news/playstation-vr-needs-external-processing-unit/

Where can we find some informations on this external processing unit? Is it still secret?

Zenzic
03-11-2015, 07:38
PlayStation VR games http://www.wareable.com/project-morpheus/sony-project-morpheus-release-date-price-games

This is a list of some of the big PS VR compatible games...
• Adrift (Three One Zero)
• The Assembly (nDreams)
• Cult County (Renegade Kid)

• The Deep (SCE London Studio)

• Eve Valkyrie (CCP Games)

•Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix)
• Five Nights at Freddy's 2 (Scottgames)

•Gran Turismo Sport (Polyphony Digital)
• Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (Steel Crate)

• London Heist (SCE London Studios)

• Magic Controller (SCE)

• Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios)
• Q.U.B.E² (Toxic Games)

•Robinson: The Journey (Crytek)
•Shadow of the Beast (Heavy Spectrum)
• Street Luge (SCE London Studios)

• Surgeon Simulator (Bossa Studios)

• Summer Lesson (Katsuhiro Harada)

•Tekken 7 (Bandai Namco)
• Thief (Eidos Montréal)

• The Toybox (SCE)

• War Thunder (Gaijin Entertainment

A list that has been copy-pasted all over the internet based on info dated back to 2014 doesn't really confirm anything. Here's hoping someone involved with SMS will reply to this thread and confirm we can still expect Sony VR to be supported by PCars 1.

ElectricBlues85
03-11-2015, 08:22

Quoting from forever ago in this thread but this, this makes me happy. Thanks for the link.

Crisis Nine
03-11-2015, 08:43
This was updated just yesterday:

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstationvr/comments/3r4qc1/confirmed_playstationvr_games/

Liquid7394
03-11-2015, 09:14
Still doesn't confirm PSVR support is still coming. No ones asking for an NDA to be broken, just confirmation that Pcars will support PSVR.

Zenzic
03-11-2015, 09:23
http://i.imgur.com/Ds5cTiz.png

Link (http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-meet-project-morpheus/)

Exactly right, Liquid. All these PCars entries in lists of games supporting Sony VR are based on an outdated WMD blog post (note the "November 2014" release date at the bottom of the article) . Hence my request to confirm this is still in the cards.

SUBGTRACER
03-11-2015, 10:20
A list that has been copy-pasted all over the internet based on info dated back to 2014 doesn't really confirm anything. Here's hoping someone involved with SMS will reply to this thread and confirm we can still expect Sony VR to be supported by PCars 1.
Lol I don't think the new gran turismo game was announced in 2014

Fong74
03-11-2015, 10:45
I really doubt that there will be any confirmation from SMS before Sony releases some official facts concerning release date, price and launch line-up of games. Similar to Fanatec support on PS4 before pCars launched...

Technically there should be no big issue from pCars end imo. Currently you are able to position the camera freely inside the car already. Same goes for looking around. So what basically needs to be added into the game is the PSVR interface, which then takes care of the camera movements ingame instead of a controller stick e.g.

I really believe that pCars will be one of the supported titles and even already at PSVR release day.

If true, must buy for me for sure!

Zenzic
03-11-2015, 11:00

I'm obviously not talking about Gran Turismo. I'm talking about the inclusion of PCars in that list, even though there's no official confirmation. See the more recent posts in this thread you missed. See the second sentence of my reply you quoted. See the name of the forum we're on.

@Fong74: Thank you for the constructive reply! :)

Liquid7394
03-11-2015, 11:33
When was it said it was?

smoothherb
03-11-2015, 11:33
But you have to ad 3d! And this means you have to double the image, so that could be a prblem when the ps4 is to weak. But I don´t know anything about vr so I could be wrong.

Fre.Mo
03-11-2015, 11:42
I really doubt that there will be any confirmation from SMS before Sony releases some official facts concerning release date, price and launch line-up of games. Similar to Fanatec support on PS4 before pCars launched...

Technically there should be no big issue from pCars end imo. Currently you are able to position the camera freely inside the car already. Same goes for looking around. So what basically needs to be added into the game is the PSVR interface, which then takes care of the camera movements ingame instead of a controller stick e.g.

I really believe that pCars will be one of the supported titles and even already at PSVR release day.

If true, must buy for me for sure!

Yes, except that VR display are aim for 3D rendering...

Fong74
03-11-2015, 11:55
Yes, except that VR display are aim for 3D rendering...

Isnt that what is exactly calculated or "up-scaled" by the PSVR HW? My take so far was that you dont need the 3D straight from the game itself as PSVR does the split per eye by an algorithm itself (with HW located in the small black box seen on that photo some pages back). Might be that this generic approach does not deliver as good results as a "native" support right from the game, though, but it should be possible imo.

2stains
03-11-2015, 12:04
Exciting stuff.Lets hope poeple .Be the best game ever for PSVR.

JessicaWalter
03-11-2015, 12:36
yeah, i want that head tracking so i can free up left/right on my right stick and assign them to something else

SUBGTRACER
03-11-2015, 13:13
I'm obviously not talking about Gran Turismo. I'm talking about the inclusion of PCars in that list, even though there's no official confirmation. See the more recent posts in this thread you missed. See the second sentence of my reply you quoted. See the name of the forum we're on.

@Fong74: Thank you for the constructive reply! :)

See the list you refer to being a list from 2014 with gran turismo sport in it ? ..... I don't think the list come out in 2014 , that's what I'm referring too .

Obnoxious muppet .

Zenzic
03-11-2015, 14:01
No idea what point you're trying to make in your stylish reply, Sub. When a certain list was compiled, or what other games it might contain, is irrelevant: ever since the March 2014 WMD blog post on Project Morpheus, lists of games expected to support Sony VR have consistently included PCars even though no official communication on the topic was made. As a consequence no online list, whether it was made in March 2014 or yesterday, is any proof of the current plans SMS have concerning Sony VR. It's very plausible things might have changed for SMS over the last 20 months, prompting them to adjust their road map. Hence my reviving of this thread with a very simple question.

Liquid7394
03-11-2015, 15:09
But you have to ad 3d! And this means you have to double the image, so that could be a prblem when the ps4 is to weak. But I don´t know anything about vr so I could be wrong.
PSVR has a processing unit.

Liquid7394
03-11-2015, 15:15
See the list you refer to being a list from 2014 with gran turismo sport in it ? ..... I don't think the list come out in 2014 , that's what I'm referring too .

Obnoxious muppet .
He never said it was a list from 2014. He said it's a list with info dated back to 2014, which it is. Go away if you've got nothing to add.

Pops Racer
03-11-2015, 16:52
Can we just use it as a simple look function? You all remember the hat switch on the old thrust master hotas system (and most other joysticks) I would set it for quick look which worked well.. All this silly running around VR stuff will be used for Augmented Reality in museums or other large installations or workplaces for efficiency gains and or course for cops for real time detective stuff...blah blah.. Games won't use this system for more than a few things and doing multi hour stints on your feet waving your hands is not one.. But as a private screen for gaming I see lots of folks wanting this. Parents won't have to buy a 2nd teevee etc. I see it like this....I am sitting in my seat with my wheel and I can just look around..easy!
Nobody is mad at me setting up a giant seat and control system directly (perfectly) in line with the teevee anymore. Just any space will do as long as a sensor can get mounted..
So this is hype with a bit of actual usefulness and for driving it would be a good fit. Screw the rest of the ideas as silly tho,..

Liquid7394
03-11-2015, 21:18
Can we just use it as a simple look function?
Yes, that's how it works in racing games.

SUBGTRACER
04-11-2015, 01:56
news\ Nov 2, 2015 at 1:15 pm

PlayStation VR already has 53 confirmed games coming to PS4

Some of these games will be excellent for VR

By Jordan Biazzo

     

Last week during Paris Games Week, PlayStation fans were treated to a mini E3 like press conference, which showed off games for PS4 and for the upcoming PlayStation VR device. Shuhei has stated that PlayStation VR is the primary focus over at SCE alongside the PS4; the device is rumored to cost as much as a new console.

There are plenty of games that we already know are coming to PlayStation VR like London Heist, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and Robinson: The Journey. As Sony still didn't give a release date for PlayStation VR, we can thank Reddit for providing a list of confirmed games that will be making it to the device. You can check out the full list below with the corresponding trailer:

Game

Studio

Trailer

Atom Universe

Atom Republic

https://youtu.be/dotm516hjC0

Adrift

Three One Zero

https://youtu.be/gwOktjpMbdI

Allison Road

Lilith

https://youtu.be/62RSLsURrCM

ARK: Survival Evolved

Studio Wildcard

https://youtu.be/aQM8yWoiy5s

Among the Sleep

Krillbite Studio

https://youtu.be/2Nhq9N5g69o

The Assembly

nDreams

https://youtu.be/e0XVkP6lXOU

Battlezone

Rebellion

https://youtu.be/hDIDghDRYf8

Crystal Rift

Psytec Games

https://youtu.be/TNhguBsuXmQ

DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME 3

Koei Tecmo

https://youtu.be/YCsn8QaiUzA

Dead Secret

Robot Invader

https://youtu.be/vVSgugMV9Ws

The Deep

SCE London Studio

/

Dreams

Media Molecule

https://youtu.be/4j8Wp-sx5K0

Driveclub

Evolution Studios

https://youtu.be/dq-MFP-9P-Y

The Earthlight Project

Opaque Media

/

EVE: Valkyrie

CCP Games

https://youtu.be/Eic4gyZ0PDc

Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward

Square Enix

https://youtu.be/DVQDu_Zr5wY

Futuridium

MixedBag Games

https://youtu.be/u43gqUxgaAI

Get Even

Farm 51

https://youtu.be/nZ1-BLhYocg

GNOG

KO-OP

https://youtu.be/lzTWg0sGVh4

Godling

Solfar Studios

https://youtu.be/58ZnEp0A93Q

Gran Turismo Sport

Polyphony Digital

https://youtu.be/2h-Kycm8Jxo

Harmonix Music VR

Harmonix

https://youtu.be/IA6Bjbn9z44

Hatsune Miku Project

SEGA

https://youtu.be/Yf57dlQCuIw

Headmaster

Frame Interactive

https://youtu.be/mSWotJ_-zgU

The Hum

Totwise Studios

https://youtu.be/lymcO1DnUYI

IOMoon

Headtripgames

/

JoysoundVR

Xing Inc.

https://youtu.be/PMeiZMozowc

Jurassic Encounter

Supermassive Games

/

Keep Talking/Nobody Explodes

Steel Crate

https://youtu.be/kkdbzFV1NoQ

Loading Human

Untold Games

https://youtu.be/BCEIgZG6O7c

The London Heist

SCE London Studio

https://youtu.be/z0HMLA-KzeM

Megaton Rainfall

Pentadimensional

https://youtu.be/nNlcTmqZ_GM

Mind: Path to Talamus

Carlos Coronado

https://youtu.be/UsvME_tN-Cw

Omega Agent

Fireproof Games

https://youtu.be/NYdwTHhMb8M

Paranormal Activity VR

VRwerx

/

P.O.L.L.E.N

Mindfield Games

https://youtu.be/B1nNf2EcQW8

The Playroom VR

SCE Japan Studio

/

Project CARS

Slightly Mad Studios

https://youtu.be/DQIbUBbNGd0

Q.U.B.E.²

Toxic Games

https://youtu.be/OF10wk9jANA

RIGS: Mechanized Combat

Guerrilla Cambridge

https://youtu.be/b7qC8xdxrkg

Robinson: The Journey

Crytek

https://youtu.be/QUEyYKfxkVY

Summer Lesson

Bandai Namco

https://youtu.be/wIl2-5f8NTo

Superhypercube

Kokoromi

https://youtu.be/0IXEfQmyBms

Surgeon Simulator

Bossa Studios

https://youtu.be/QsCxl1uG9j4

Synthesis Universe

Olivier JT

https://youtu.be/ohP3NHlNJhY

Technolust

Iris VR

https://youtu.be/dLN_kQ4blR8

Tekken 7

Bandai Namco

https://youtu.be/sfqoraQvCsk

Trackmania Turbo

Ubisoft Nadeo

https://youtu.be/o7tBlBPZ_tk

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Supermassive Games

https://youtu.be/xaFkKayZAU0

Vanguard V

Zero Transform

https://youtu.be/CTjACJdunjc

VizionEck

VizionEck

https://youtu.be/4B42bSdA1yI

War Thunder

Gaijin Entertainment

https://youtu.be/Vq8dp3PQ22I

Wayward Sky

Uber Entertainment

https://youtu.be/7f7NcIRgjxA

World War Toons

Reload Studios

https://youtu.be/Ja_evlWdpLw

Zenzic
04-11-2015, 07:41
If you had bothered to check the comments on that reddit page, or previous replies in this thread, you'd have seen that the author of that list agrees there's no official confirmation for PCars. I think it might be best for you to re-read this thread or hone your reading comprehension skills.

Liquid7394
04-11-2015, 09:14
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-meet-project-morpheus/

Now like I said, if you've got nothing add then leave.

SUBGTRACER
04-11-2015, 12:46
I added some videos fo people who are interested in seeing what's in store with vr and I cop this crap from you 2 rejects .

TrevorAustin
04-11-2015, 12:49
Can we just use it as a simple look function? You all remember the hat switch on the old thrust master hotas system (and most other joysticks) I would set it for quick look which worked well.. All this silly running around VR stuff will be used for Augmented Reality in museums or other large installations or workplaces for efficiency gains and or course for cops for real time detective stuff...blah blah.. Games won't use this system for more than a few things and doing multi hour stints on your feet waving your hands is not one.. But as a private screen for gaming I see lots of folks wanting this. Parents won't have to buy a 2nd teevee etc. I see it like this....I am sitting in my seat with my wheel and I can just look around..easy!
Nobody is mad at me setting up a giant seat and control system directly (perfectly) in line with the teevee anymore. Just any space will do as long as a sensor can get mounted..
So this is hype with a bit of actual usefulness and for driving it would be a good fit. Screw the rest of the ideas as silly tho,..

How very, very wrong you are.

Liquid7394
04-11-2015, 16:54
I added some videos fo people who are interested in seeing what's in store with vr and I cop this crap from you 2 rejects .
Is throwing around petty insults all you can do? Grow up, because right now your avatar is an accurate representation of you.

SUBGTRACER
04-11-2015, 20:27
How very, very wrong you are.

I agree with you there Trevor , I think the applications for it is super exciting ........ Gaming , movies , documentary's , educational and what ever else developers and the entertainment industries can cook up.

SUBGTRACER
04-11-2015, 20:30
Your pretty good at petty stuff yourself .....give it a rest ...

SUBGTRACER
04-11-2015, 21:00
First Footage of Playroom VR's Ghost House on PSVR Released

VRFocus - Back at the 2015 Game Developers Conference (GDC) in March Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) introduced a new version of its PlayStation VR virtual reality (VR) head-mounted display (HMD), then known as Project Morpheus. Along with the updated kit the company introduced some new software for it, including a continuation of The Playroom series in The Playroom VR. This collection of VR minigames is set to be a launch experience for PlayStation VR. Today, a video of one of these experiences, Ghost House, has arrived and can now be seen below.

http://n4g.com/news/1815475/first-footage-of-playroom-vrs-ghost-house-on-psvr-released

-Brick_Top-
04-11-2015, 22:44
Back to the discussion I personally feel it's just going to be a cool gimmick. I have owned 3d tv's since they were released and I never use it on 3d mode. I feel after a few hours of game play the same will be said for vr. I will get it release day but I do feel it will become another unused thing in my household. I could be wrong and hope I am but I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Flaw3dGenius
04-11-2015, 22:49
I worry about what kind of hit graphically PCars will need to take to get it running at 120fps

SUBGTRACER
04-11-2015, 23:10
I worry about what kind of hit graphically PCars will need to take to get it running at 120fps
It is a concern , as you see from some of the videos above some of the game look not so great , but some do so Im not sure if a lot of these games are if not most are indie developers which I can only assume they are as I have not heard of a lot of them.

Also have read that it runs at 60 and something transfers it to 120 fps , Im not sure of the right terms used.

Fong74
05-11-2015, 04:28
PSVR is transparent to the game as far as I understood it. Means, the PSVR HW does the additional work here... So there should be no or only a slight impact on game performance itself.

the-D-
05-11-2015, 04:50
It is a concern , as you see from some of the videos above some of the game look not so great , but some do so Im not sure if a lot of these games are if not most are indie developers which I can only assume they are as I have not heard of a lot of them.

Also have read that it runs at 60 and something transfers it to 120 fps , Im not sure of the right terms used.

Evolution studios have a Driveclub tech demo running on it, they said the compromise was cars count was down to 8, the environmental was downgraded a little bit too, now that game is a graphical powerhouse and only runs at 30 fps, they also did the game at 60, using the technique you mention to get it to 120, so, that sounds like more work than will need to be done by project cars by my reckoning.

Fong74
05-11-2015, 07:01
If its handled like this, 60 FPS titles will have a huge problem with PSVR and I could imagine that acceptance among users will not be as favoured by Sony.

the-D-
05-11-2015, 07:21
If its handled like this, 60 FPS titles will have a huge problem with PSVR and I could imagine that acceptance among users will not be as favoured by Sony.

While I think you are right, games that are essentially ported to VR may struggle, however, a company like polyphony, who have had hands on since conception, and has a game that may just launch alongside the unit, much like the way they do with wheels, could be that the engine they developed, and stated that it was a ps4 test bed from gt6 will fly along natively at 120 fps, and look stunning too,...food for thought?

Fong74
05-11-2015, 07:44
Could be, yes. But 120 FPS is really a challenge for the PS4 and HD resolution which is needed too... Im still hoping for a generic 3D-trick-extension-magic-algorithm within the small black box that comes along with PSVR, so all titles including pCars can be used with the headset without a big impact on graphics and/or performance :o

Liquid7394
05-11-2015, 10:55
You only need it to reach a minimum of 60fps. PSVR then uses re-projection to achieve 120fps.