PDA

View Full Version : [PC] 13/6 Le Mans race signup.

DozerKitty
08-06-2015, 18:40
Servername: #1 BumB
Password: hundemad
Ts: ts.bumb.dk no pass.

Hi all.

A week or so ago I created a post testing the waters, and got some excellent feedback. The initial idea was going as close to the full 24 hours as possible, but that idea quickly got shot down, which I must say I agree with now. So here is the new platform, with the signup as well in this thread.

How it's going to work: We are going for 4x4 hour sessions (Practice and Qualifying included in these 4 hours.) It may still be set down to 4x3 hours, depending on further feedback.

Live Timing: For the event, we have been able to pull data from the API, and set up a live timing board while we are racing, so anyone interested in seeing live timing, are able to!

TeamSpeak: We have our own TeamSpeak, so it's possible for people to talk with each other during the race. People that do not have a mic is still very welcome to join in, as there may be some relevant or important information as we go, both from an administrating viewpoint, but also between participants.

Participants: People are allowed to sign up as individuals, or as teams. In either case, one car slot will be taken for either setup. This means, if people want to simulate a real race, by switching seat, either IRL, or having different drivers for each session, or just going at all 4 by themselves, this is allowed.

Waiting List: The goal is to fill up all 32 slots, however I am not completely sure this will happen. The rules will allow for a single driver to skip a session, if sleep simply is getting too tight a grip on a person. Rather skip a race and get some sleep, than trying to stick it out, and be a potential hazard for other drivers. So, if we get the full 32 driver roster, people can also be on the waiting list, and potentially fill out any vacant slots in certain sessions.

The sessions setup:

All times are CEST, same timezone as Le Mans.

Race 1: 16:00 - 20:00 (19:00. These times indicate the end time if people would rather we have shorter sessions.)
Practice: 16:00-16:30
Qualifying: 16:30-16:45
Warm-up: 16:45-16:55

Race 2: 22:00 - 02:00 (01:00)
Race 3: 04:00 - 08:00 (07:00)
Race 4: 10:00 - 14:00 (13:00)

The race settings:

Practice: 30 mins
Qualifying: 15 mins
Warmup: 10 mins
Race: 50 laps.
Time progression: Real.

Driving assists: Real.
Force Manual Gear: No.
Damage: Full Damage
Mechanical Faults: Yes.
Weather: Real.
Weather Progression: Real.
Rolling Start.

Number of cars:

8xLMP1
10xLMP2
14xLMGTE

For the signup, please state your nickname, team name if needed, and which car you wish to drive. There are no limitation on certain cars, as people should be allowed to drive the car of their liking. As this idea had its birth on a smaller local forum, a few slots are already taken.

Now, before people go off the chain about this being during Le Mans, I know this, and I've heard the argument, so please don't spend more time pointing it out ;) I'm certain there are several other likeminded people that would also like the challenge of going for long stints in a short amount of time. I will also reserve first post for the cars that have been signed up.

And please remember, this is open for all drivers of all skill levels. We're here to have fun, and be respectful of eachother. :)

I hope to see a lot of you out there!

Best Regards,
DozerKitty.

DozerKitty
08-06-2015, 18:41
LMP1: GandaDK, RWD P30
LMP1: DozerKitty, RWD P30
LMP1: Barnet, RWD P30
LMP1: TBB_PACKY, RWD P30
LMP1: Fr4G, Marek RP 339H LMP1
LMP1: Vacant.

LMP2: Vacant.

LMGT: Vacant.

TrevorAustin
08-06-2015, 19:52
Couple of things.

Love the idea, but not sure i can do 4*4 hour sessions, 4*3 hours is a hell of a lot!

If you have mechanical damage on doesn't that mean a random engine blowout or similar could mean 3.5 wasted hours. I know that happens in real life and if i was being paod several million to do this I'd take that risk:)

DozerKitty
08-06-2015, 20:03
Thank you for your reply and input!

It's some long sessions, no doubt, but as I also wrote there is the possibility to shorten it a bit, if the participants really want it. As for the mechanical damage, I've run quite a few races, and haven't had any sudden blowouts of the engine. Only reason I've lost, or got damage to the engine, was after a head-on crash, with radiator damage, causing the water and oil temps to rise to critical levels.

Some of the fun though, comes from managing your entire car ;) And, there is the option for people to skip a race, if it becomes too much.

A suggestions perhaps:

Session 1+3 will stick to the current setup, with the first hour being practice and qualifying, and 3 hours race, however no mechanical damage. Session 2+4 will have mechanical damage, but will be reduced by an hour.

TrevorAustin
08-06-2015, 20:21
Sounds like a plan :)

DozerKitty
08-06-2015, 20:43
Sounds like a plan :)

For now it just stands as a suggestion. Let's see what other people says about it :) But I'm personally in favour of it. My car is set up to handle all weather, and sustain a bit of damage, without my engine being in danger.

gandaDK
08-06-2015, 20:55
just a bit of info the "chance for a random engine blowout" and it's 0.... watch your temps ;) but i'm in no matter what

Fr4G
09-06-2015, 12:24
Count me in, Marek RP 339H LMP1

DozerKitty
09-06-2015, 12:53
Count me in, Marek RP 339H LMP1

Awesome. You have been added to the list!

MOS
11-06-2015, 07:17
Hi DozerKitty

Thx for the insane monsoon race yesterday on Nürburgring!

That is just an awesome setup, I'm crazy about Le Mans. My friend and I are going to watch Le Mans together and are planning on playing some pCars as well saturday, so we might very well join. I'm not sure that we will be able to participate in all the sessions, but I will get back to you in this thread if we are able to join.

DozerKitty
11-06-2015, 10:32
Hi DozerKitty

Thx for the insane monsoon race yesterday on Nürburgring!

That is just an awesome setup, I'm crazy about Le Mans. My friend and I are going to watch Le Mans together and are planning on playing some pCars as well saturday, so we might very well join. I'm not sure that we will be able to participate in all the sessions, but I will get back to you in this thread if we are able to join.

Considering how fer people have signed up so far, I'm tempted to say that people can just join the session they are able to, and then we'll take it from there :) And I also very much enjoyed our session yesterday. I had not drived on Nürnburgring before, so I got what you'd might call a crash course of the track :D

Regards,
Dozer

MOS
12-06-2015, 06:17
Cool, I think we will be there, at least for the first race and maybe the second. I think my friend and I will share a car, and swap driver during pit stops, so please sign us up for the RWD P30 LMP1.

Not having driven Nürburgring before and then being thrown into a rainfest/monsoon that is quite a crash course. Well done you managed to get through! :)

kgs
12-06-2015, 11:15
Me and My Friend want to sign up for the RWD P30 LMP1

Kongens, RWD P30
Microlws [John Doe], RWD P30

DozerKitty
13-06-2015, 13:48
Server is up. Name is '#1 BumB' password is 'hundemad'.

TrevorAustin
14-06-2015, 09:24
Tried to join race 4 but can't find it