PDA

View Full Version : Why don't I have these liveries?

Markeeez
08-06-2015, 18:50
Don't have the Redbull or Gulf livery

I found these on the official PCARS Flickr page and this was tagged as XboxOne? I'm on PS4

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 18:51
They were removed by McLaren's request.

Markeeez
08-06-2015, 18:58
But they look awesome!! :hopelessness: Devastated

Bealdor
08-06-2015, 18:59
But they look awesome!! :hopelessness: Devastated

I can assure you that nobody @WMD was happy about this.

GT_Racing
08-06-2015, 19:15
I was so enraged when I went to the Macca and found out Loeb's McLaren wasnt in the game. I was so hyped to drive that car in that livery and was let down. :(

Ryno917
08-06-2015, 19:47
Yea - we were all pretty sad about this, and the lack of custom liveries. Ultimately it is their choice, though, and we have to respect it.

Markeeez
09-06-2015, 14:40
We defiantly need more liveries for this McLaren though, only 3 in game compared to like 20+ for the likes of the RUF/Audi/BMW GT3 cars, the 12c is my favourite but liveries are so limited :( Hopefully someone can make more and hopefully they get added in a livery pack in the near future :distracted: *Hopes*

slider916
09-06-2015, 15:16
How many liveries are there for each of these cars?

TheAngryHamster
12-06-2015, 00:24
You can customize McLaren liveries in iRacing and Assetto Corsa so licensing for custom McLaren liveries IS possible and is a choice by SMS. Maybe it's price, maybe it's other factors, but just want to clear up that it isn't McLaren only causing the lack of custom liveries.

Bealdor
12-06-2015, 05:58
You can customize McLaren liveries in iRacing and Assetto Corsa so licensing for custom McLaren liveries IS possible and is a choice by SMS. Maybe it's price, maybe it's other factors, but just want to clear up that it isn't McLaren only causing the lack of custom liveries.

It's not a choice. McLaren said they don't want it and SMS had to follow this. They didn't choose to leave it out. Just because other games have the possibility doesn't mean that PCARS gets the same contract.

T0MMY
12-06-2015, 06:52
It could be a change in the whole licensing agreement after a certain amount of time, different games licensed the same cars at different time. A good example is DiRT 3 Group B Audi Quattro and DiRT Rally version. Both games uses the same car and model while the DiRT 3 version could have fictional livery on it while DiRT Rally could only use the official livery due to licensing request, just like pCARS Audi factory run cars which can't be painted too.

Morgan Henstridge
12-06-2015, 07:03
Hopefully once they see how well Project CARS is going, they may come around.

Ryno917
12-06-2015, 18:21

I can assure you 100% that is was McLaren. SMS and everyone at WMD wanted more liveries by default, and custom liveries. Same goes for the modern DTM cars. We all wanted them, but those with the rights wouldn't allow it. What other games have is irrelevant here - McLaren said no, so we had to abide by that.

Hopefully once they see how well Project CARS is going, they may come around.

Hopefully.

eracerhead
12-06-2015, 18:39

McLaren was reportedly unhappy with some of the user-created liveries applied to their cars in these other games, either because of trademark issues, vulgar language/images or for other reasons. The subsequent licensing agreement entered into with SMS was to prevent such situations occurring with their vehicles, and is well within their right. The alternative would be to do without the cars entirely.

foolinjection
12-06-2015, 20:18
McLaren was reportedly unhappy with some of the user-created liveries applied to their cars in these other games, either because of trademark issues, vulgar language/images or for other reasons. The subsequent licensing agreement entered into with SMS was to prevent such situations occurring with their vehicles, and is well within their right. The alternative would be to do without the cars entirely.

Shame but I can see there point. Pity we couldn't have gotten some fictional liveries pre-approved by them though so that it wasn't just a plain coloured car but like you said, would rather have the car to drive than nothing at all.

TheAngryHamster
13-06-2015, 03:37

Still not sure where so much SMS internal contract/licensing information is coming from, HOWEVER, at least of the myraid of "NO YOU'RE WRONG IT WAS MCLAREN" responses yours at least came with a reasonable explanation that makes sense.

leopardsang
13-06-2015, 06:18
Other factors can also affect livery licensing too... Seb Loeb Racing doesn't run the 12C GT3 anymore, they've moved to the R8 LMS and it seems that McLaren wasn't very pleased by this.
Licensing can be pretty harsh, on multiple ends ):

Bryer
13-06-2015, 12:14
Also don't forget the MP4-12C isn't the GT3 car of choice now. It's the 650s.

SketchyRacer
15-06-2015, 10:57
with the custom liveries i see on the forum are we not able to import them in to the PS4 version.... i take it the custom made user liveries are all PC only?

Ryno917
15-06-2015, 20:06
Still not sure where so much SMS internal contract/licensing information is coming from, HOWEVER, at least of the myraid of "NO YOU'RE WRONG IT WAS MCLAREN" responses yours at least came with a reasonable explanation that makes sense.

Some of the information was available to WMD members (anything blanketed under NDAs obviously was not) so there are some things we know. The information given to us said that it was on McLaren's end, and we had to respect that.

with the custom liveries i see on the forum are we not able to import them in to the PS4 version.... i take it the custom made user liveries are all PC only?

Correct

ilovehardstyle
18-06-2015, 02:49
But have look in the in Game Trailer on Minute 0:42 isnt there a McLaren with design or two?

Bealdor
18-06-2015, 06:06
But have look in the in Game Trailer on Minute 0:42 isnt there a McLaren with design or two?

Yes but the trailer was made before McLaren wanted those liveries to be removed.

GermanCarSizawsome
18-06-2015, 22:21
I miss liverys for the Mercedes C Coupe, have to say 95% of them are boring

A livery editor on PS4/Xbox like in NFS Shift would be nice :o