PDA

View Full Version : question about choosing tyres

MiZtErNiCe
08-06-2015, 18:59
i play formula a, cant seem to find where i can change my tyre compound. it says in the pit strategy i can choose soft,medium or hard but nowhere to choose this apart from whilst pitting and even if i do pick medium in my pitstop strategy i still get soft tyres :confused:

i did do a forum search for this but could not find anything.

tmitch45
09-06-2015, 08:03
There is a setting somewhere that I think by default is set to "tyres determine by weather conditions". I guess if this is selected then no matter what you ask for you will always get the most appropriate tyre for the weather and track condition.

Elmo
09-06-2015, 08:05
In the next patch this will be fixed, so the tires in the Pit Strategy actually match what is available on the car

Roger Prynne
09-06-2015, 10:11
I read it as he does not know where else to change his tyres apart from the pit strategy.

MiZtErNiCe.... you do know that you can change your tyres in My Garage don't you? along with all the other setup changes.

If I read it wrong then my mistake.

MiZtErNiCe
09-06-2015, 10:16
roger you cant change the tyre compound anywhere on ps4 except in the pit strategy and even that doesn't change the compound when chosen. yeah i know i can choose wet, inters or slicks but thats not what im talking about.

Mr.Smoke
09-06-2015, 10:31
roger you cant change the tyre compound anywhere on ps4 except in the pit strategy and even that doesn't change the compound when chosen. yeah i know i can choose wet, inters or slicks but thats not what im talking about.

I can change my tire compound in the garage just fine on PS4. My pit strategy also changes my compound just fine. Rather strange that you seem to have issues with that.

MiZtErNiCe
09-06-2015, 10:40
can you post a video and show me please Mr Smoke?

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 11:04
I can explain this:

The Formula A car only has one compound of slick, intermediates and wet tires.
The Pit Manager only shows generic compounds because it isn't linked to the tuning setup (yet). So essentially it doesn't "know" what compounds are available for your car.
Since you only have one compound available it doesn't matter what dry tire you choose in the pit manager because you're always getting the same tire.

Edit: Some further explanations I made about this a few weeks ago:

The pit manager doesn't know which tires are available for a certain car (very complex design/code issue) that's why it shows you only those generic compounds.
On Formula C cars if you choose soft, medium or hard you'll get slicks, otherwise you'll get rain tires.

Hard, medium and soft will give you slicks, otherwise you'll get wet tires. That's a coding issue that is very complex to fix that's why the pit manager doesn't "know" what tires are available for a specific car.

The tires you get at race start are the ones you selected in the car setup, not the ones in your pit strategy.

No you get it the wrong way around. The tuning setup is right and the pit manager shows you "wrong" generic compounds.
If the tuning setup doesn't let you choose between soft, medium and hard compounds then they're simply not available for this particular car.

MiZtErNiCe
09-06-2015, 13:52
ah that sucks man and not realistic

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 13:54
ah that sucks man and not realistic

There are improvements planned for the Pit Manager. It's a known limitation.

MiZtErNiCe
09-06-2015, 14:08
whats the pit manager?

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 14:11
The "Edit Pit Strategy" screen.

MiZtErNiCe
09-06-2015, 14:22
will it make any difference if you cant have medium or hard tyres on the formula a or is there going to be a change so you can choose tyre compound for qualli/race start etc

Bealdor
09-06-2015, 14:24
will it make any difference if you cant have medium or hard tyres on the formula a or is there going to be a change so you can choose tyre compound for qualli/race start etc

No. Having only one dry slick compound for FA is a design decision, not a bug. It's a fictional series with its own ruleset.

MiZtErNiCe
09-06-2015, 14:26
again that sucks but explains why it never works. wish there was more explanation about this in-game

FAster
26-06-2015, 08:59
But car spins when I change it from hard to soft during the race, same tire pressures, you are saying there that there is only one compound of slick.. So if there is one compound, that should not grip differ. Yiro, Feratti, has different colors, but not working at the same tyre pressures.. So there is no one compound......