PDA

View Full Version : Thrusmaster TX, anywhere in stock...?

Flanimal
08-06-2015, 19:59
Anyone know of online or high street shops that have the Thrustmaster TX in stock?
I've ordered mine from dabs.com for 219.99, but they are awaiting stock with no known delivery date.
Shopto.net have stock, but at 259.99 I'm prepared to wait if necessary...

Ixoye56
08-06-2015, 20:06
It is no problem to buy it here in Sweden, got my yesterday, I'm just waiting to get my Wheel Stand Pro V2 from Poland on Friday ;)

RobIzYoDaddy
08-06-2015, 20:30
Fry's electronics in California had a stack of them on the floor yesterday morning. Must have been at least 30 of them and that is out on the show room. No telling what is in the warehouse.

Umer Ahmad
08-06-2015, 20:33
Sorry guys, hope more available soon!

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-shakes-up-steering-wheel-market/

HotRockin
08-06-2015, 21:40
In the US... I got mine from Walmart.com at $293, which is the cheapest I've seen it brand new. Even used on Ebay they're going for $275 right now, with no warranty. And if you've read about the TX at all... you want the warranty. Walmart ran out several times while I was looking but they seemingly got them in stock the next day. Picked up 3 year protection on it for $27.

krazyhippy
08-06-2015, 22:20
Amazon has them in stock

rx8reaper
09-06-2015, 01:23
i bought mine from microcenter for 279 new, but unfortunately mine died on me before i could even make it through the first corner. so now i got to send it back and they are refunding my money to me.

Brent G
09-06-2015, 15:28
Bought mine from playseatstore.com although as a bundle with a seat, it maybe worth checking if you can get just the wheel from them as im pretty sure i saw shifters and pedal upgrades in their store.

psydeviant1
09-06-2015, 15:41
i got my first one from yoyotech , it was returned within a week as it went skitzo and wouldnt calibrate and would just jitter and make weird noises , at this point the whole of the uk was awaiting stock,
second wheel i got direct from thrustmaster uk at a stooopidly expensive price 70 more than everywhere else , i dont understand why as i thought cutting out the middle man in theory should make things cheaper , anyway i have some piece of mind knowing its new stock as i heard the early releases had some issues and lots were returned, saying that the whole country will be new issue by now as stock had dried up, 2 year warranty and no quibbles buying direct from them fingers crossed :culpability:

i did manage to get an F1 rim under 90 from BT store and got a playseat challenge bought for me by the wife , roll on patch 1.4 so then i can really feel the wind im me pubes

AllenDMac
09-06-2015, 16:09
Anyone know of online or high street shops that have the Thrustmaster TX in stock?
I've ordered mine from dabs.com for 219.99, but they are awaiting stock with no known delivery date.
Amazon has them in stock just checked.....follow the link..

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-Edition-xbox-one-Windows/dp/B00ENFVS5Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_63_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0W174C9THRDSK8RYSDQ3

donpost
09-06-2015, 17:45
i bought mine from microcenter for 279 new, but unfortunately mine died on me before i could even make it through the first corner. so now i got to send it back and they are refunding my money to me.

When I got mine it turned up broken so I sent it back for repair, and they sent it back to me still broken... so I sent it back again and they finally sent out a completely new working base. It was 6 weeks before I could even turn a lap with the thing lol. Still it's been good since. It's a good wheel when it's not broken.

Flanimal
10-06-2015, 18:36
Cheers guys, no luck with dabs.com yet, or BT Shop. Looks like I'm going to have to be patient...

SwiftyJ
10-06-2015, 20:11
I bought mine from Gamestop for 224.99. Unfortunately it stopped working less than a week later, and they don't have any in stock to replace it.

Therefore I'm on the hunt for one too..

Flanimal
10-06-2015, 21:09
The only ones with plenty of stock are Box.co.uk, they have twenty according to their site, but they want 279.99, the week the game launched they were 239.99, so they're just cashing in on the shortage...

psydeviant1
11-06-2015, 11:48
thrustmaster uk were out of stock but restocked last month on the 20th if you want to be robbed blind like i was , however im impatient and didnt want to be hanging around waiting as i had to send mine back to yoyotech , bought mine from them for 220 but it went back for a refund within a week and they couldnt supply me with a replacement due to no stock anywhere, (im convinced mine was a repackaged return even though they sold it as new) im guessing all wheels bought before the 20/5/15 were old stock and will be hit and miss on the reliability, one thing is for sure the price has hiked up due to the lack of stock currently in the uk , my latest wheel came direct from guillimot france where i believe the wheels are manufactured

Hammerpgh
12-06-2015, 08:36
Same situation everywhere her in the UK. Such a pain when you really are desperate to enjoy the game which I struggle to do with a pad, I find that just too frustrating.. never been good on a pad and it removes much of the immersion factor for me as well.

Reluctant to splash out the extra 40 quid that those that have it in stock now are charging and the demand is only going to increase as well with the release of F1 2015 just a month away. Considering getting the Spider as a temporary alternative and waiting a few months until things settle down on the TX front.

TrevorAustin
12-06-2015, 08:38

I'll have my 8 week old one in stock this afternoon assuming my T500 turns up and I like it as much as I think I will:) And with T3PA pedals plus the stock ones.

Flanimal
13-06-2015, 09:14
Dabs have now updated their status to "stock expected in the next 5-7 days."
Mine was ordered on the 5th, so hopefully my order will be despatched within a week or so.

Ixoye56
13-06-2015, 09:22
Same situation everywhere her in the UK. Such a pain when you really are desperate to enjoy the game which I struggle to do with a pad, I find that just too frustrating.. never been good on a pad and it removes much of the immersion factor for me as well.

Reluctant to splash out the extra 40 quid that those that have it in stock now are charging and the demand is only going to increase as well with the release of F1 2015 just a month away. Considering getting the Spider as a temporary alternative and waiting a few months until things settle down on the TX front.

Why not buy the wheel from another EU country ? It's one of the best benefits of EU membership.

Flanimal
13-06-2015, 09:30
Update: Pixmania have them in stock, so I've ordered one this morning, got the confirmation email, express delivery, all for 227.98. Just got to cancel my Dabs order now.
Happy days...

Markush1980
13-06-2015, 10:37
I suppose a lot of people don't realise how easy it is to do it. Plus shipping costs can be more expensive and I don't actually know of a site to go to to purchase from abroad.

Ixoye56
13-06-2015, 11:43
I suppose a lot of people don't realise how easy it is to do it. Plus shipping costs can be more expensive and I don't actually know of a site to go to to purchase from abroad.

Google is your friend :)
For me that is Swedish, it is cheaper to shop via other EU countries because of higher taxes at home, and the shipping costs are about the same as ordering from home.

I see the whole EU as my home market.

Mbondracing
13-06-2015, 23:00
In the US... I got mine from Walmart.com at $293, which is the cheapest I've seen it brand new. Even used on Ebay they're going for $275 right now, with no warranty. And if you've read about the TX at all... you want the warranty. Walmart ran out several times while I was looking but they seemingly got them in stock the next day. Picked up 3 year protection on it for $27.

Definitely want that warranty. Can't play at the moment as my tx died after just 20 hours use. Was great up until then though! Waiting on thrustmaster customer service now to sort a warranty replacement.

Hammerpgh
14-06-2015, 21:45
Update: Pixmania have them in stock, so I've ordered one this morning, got the confirmation email, express delivery, all for 227.98. Just got to cancel my Dabs order now.
Happy days...

I did see them on there myself but was put off by the reviews of Pimanias service. So many complaining about non receipt of goods and difficulty contacting them. I hope your experience is much better and will watch here with interest.

Hammerpgh
14-06-2015, 21:48
Why not buy the wheel from another EU country ? It's one of the best benefits of EU membership.
In just put off by the greater difficulty if problems arise with the delivery or faults with the unit. Much simpler if purchased from home.

Ixoye56
14-06-2015, 22:14
In just put off by the greater difficulty if problems arise with the delivery or faults with the unit. Much simpler if purchased from home.

I can not see that it will be more difficult to send a package to an address in another country ?

Steve UK
14-06-2015, 22:30
I can not see that it will be more difficult to send a package to an address in another country ?

Totally agree, I bought mine from Thrustmaster direct. Delivered to the UK n a few days with 2 years warrenty. Any problems I just shp it back.

It's not far, only on Tuesday I was in Paris having a coffee at 13:30 UK time and at 17:30 I was back home in Warwickshire. It's a small world :)

Steve

oscarolim
15-06-2015, 08:25
Just got mine from Pixmania. 2 year warranty (and they even have a 5 year option for an extra 40 something), with a 2 day delivery for 240.
Hopefully tomorrow will be here :)

Tobi Lerone
15-06-2015, 09:55
Just ordered mine from shopto, it said in stock then no stock after I paid! So I'm hoping it got the last one! I did see pixmania had stock but I also saw it saw no stock when I clicked it. I emailed them and no reply. Be interesting to know if they shipped yours?

oscarolim
15-06-2015, 10:26
Yeah on pix it says no stock, but on my order says dispatched (although they haven't given me a tracking number).

Order Ref. :
Order date : 14/06/2015
Total : 227.98
PAYMENT : paypal
Customer No. :

Tobi Lerone
15-06-2015, 11:14
Yeah on pix it says no stock, but on my order says dispatched (although they haven't given me a tracking number).

Order Ref. :
Customer No. :

Fair enough well hope it turns up! I was a bit skeptical about ordering from them as I've never heard or seen them before and they still haven't responded to my email. So paid that extra to go with shopto as they have always been reliable. Just at hope they weren't telling fibs about stock!

oscarolim
15-06-2015, 12:52
They are reliable and have been around for ages. In the beginning they were the go to for photographic material (hence the name) but it's been a while they have extended to almost anything.

Edit:
Our system says: 'Transport label printed - invoice generation' which means that your parcel is ready and should be shipped today.
As soon as it is dispatched, you will receive the tracking information via e-mail.

Definitely on the way then. Lucky I got the last one.

Tobi Lerone
15-06-2015, 14:11
They are reliable and have been around for ages. In the beginning they were the go to for photographic material (hence the name) but it's been a while they have extended to almost anything.

Edit:
Our system says: 'Transport label printed - invoice generation' which means that your parcel is ready and should be shipped today.
As soon as it is dispatched, you will receive the tracking information via e-mail.

Definitely on the way then. Lucky I got the last one.

You must have got the last one! They just replied to me with this.

Please find below the latest updates to your request (1788113):

Ina S. (Pixmania Group)
Jun 15, 16:08

Good afternoon

Thank you for contacting Pixmania.

The Racing Wheel which you are asking for is unfortunately out of stock at the moment. There is a new order made, which should arrive to our warehouse in roughly one month, but at the moment it is not available.

For any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Have a nice day

Ina S.
Customer Support Associate
PIXmania Group

kc76
15-06-2015, 14:11
Conrad-electronic.co.uk have some in stock 252.99

Mbondracing
15-06-2015, 15:35
When I got mine it turned up broken so I sent it back for repair, and they sent it back to me still broken... so I sent it back again and they finally sent out a completely new working base. It was 6 weeks before I could even turn a lap with the thing lol. Still it's been good since. It's a good wheel when it's not broken.

Used mine for approx 20 hours before it broke, now have to send it off for repair. By the time it's back the process will have take a month. All I want to do is play project cars!!

oscarolim
15-06-2015, 16:02
Yeah I guess I was lucky. I was still on the fence if I ordered yesterday or waited a few more days. Good think I didn't :p

Hammerpgh
15-06-2015, 17:16

Order Ref. :
Customer No. :
Well I hope you get it with no problem. Keep us informed.

oscarolim
15-06-2015, 17:24
It's on it's way. Just got the tracking number and is leaving France now. So should be here either tomorrow or the day after (as they say 24-48h delivery). Not bad.

AtomicSphincter
15-06-2015, 19:23
It's on it's way. Just got the tracking number and is leaving France now. So should be here either tomorrow or the day after (as they say 24-48h delivery). Not bad.

Congrats on your new purchase! You'll love it, I love mine.

TAGS Battfink
15-06-2015, 21:02
Got mine from shopto for about 260 (still alot cheaper than other places) no problems so far. FFB ruins the madcatz wheel (i sent two faulty ones back and gave up)

Luke Townsend
15-06-2015, 21:16
Maybe I'm missing something but for those sorts of prices (240-252) wouldn't a T300RS be better value? They are low on stock too, but it's a better wheel isn't it and worth a few extra days wait? Amazon have it for 249.34 inc delivery on 2-4 weeks delivery. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Official-Force-Feedback-wheel/dp/B00NOJJPZU/ref=sr_1_1 I got mine from them a month ago and it said 2-4 weeks then. It arrived in 10 days.

TAGS Battfink
15-06-2015, 21:34
The t300 rs isnt for xbox one im sure? Im pretty sure the feeback isnt as strong either

Pikamark
15-06-2015, 21:37
I think dads.com have stock now

MMM1978
15-06-2015, 21:48
It's bloody annoying reading all posts in a thread on a mobile without tapatalk, so sorry if someone has already said this, but.....

Amazon Germany.... Said I had to wait till July, but arrived in just over a week I think it was. Cheaper than anywhere in UK too.

oscarolim
15-06-2015, 22:35
Maybe I'm missing something but for those sorts of prices (240-252) wouldn't a T300RS be better value? They are low on stock too, but it's a better wheel isn't it and worth a few extra days wait? Amazon have it for 249.34 inc delivery on 2-4 weeks delivery. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Official-Force-Feedback-wheel/dp/B00NOJJPZU/ref=sr_1_1 I got mine from them a month ago and it said 2-4 weeks then. It arrived in 10 days.
Doesn't work on the One.

Luke Townsend
16-06-2015, 06:20
[T300RS] Doesn't work on the One.

Sorry, of course you're right there. Darn Thrustmaster!

oscarolim
18-06-2015, 10:26
For those asking me about my wheel purchase, after going around in circles in France (it was suposed to be delivered in 48H), it's finally in the UK, and will most likely be delivered tomorrow (so more like 96H delivery). Not perfect, but as long as it gets here in one piece and working perfectly, I'll be happy.

18/06/2015 10:33 GBNOPC , United Kingdom 2.0 Inbound to GLS location

Hammerpgh
18-06-2015, 14:06
For those asking me about my wheel purchase, after going around in circles in France (it was suposed to be delivered in 48H), it's finally in the UK, and will most likely be delivered tomorrow (so more like 96H delivery). Not perfect, but as long as it gets here in one piece and working perfectly, I'll be happy.
Thats great news, I hope it arrives safely and is as good as you hope :)

My Spider arrived lunchtime so i'll be finally getting going properly in the game tonight :). I'm very impressed by the feel of it and hopefully it will do the job while I wait until the TX's are in stock in greater numbers and the prices stabilise a bit.

oscarolim
19-06-2015, 09:53
Got it this morning, all working fine and already comes with the latest firmware, so hopefully is a recent batch and I won't get reliability issues.

It's heavier than I though (still waiting for the playseat), and is strong. After work time to test on pcars. But damn does it look cool :)

Ixoye56
19-06-2015, 09:59
Got it this morning, all working fine and already comes with the latest firmware, so hopefully is a recent batch and I won't get reliability issues.

It's heavier than I though (still waiting for the playseat), and is strong. After work time to test on pcars. But damn does it look cool :)

My TX comes with the latest firmware also, that feels safe, you gonna love it :onthego:

TrevorAustin
19-06-2015, 10:02

It's the same wheel for PS4, the TX is for XBox one, almost identical.

oscarolim
19-06-2015, 12:26
Temporary setup, while the Challenge doesn't arrive. Not the most confortable position so far, but will make due for now.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yPIlGICqx4PGF7wpE3sVOackABRljYK87MdmC7oVK1Q=w447-h789-no

TAGS Battfink
21-06-2015, 19:31

Which playseat you getting? I got the evo, a fuss to get the position right but i love it, just waiting on the last few bits (tv stand pro, playseat shifter holder pro, t3pa pro pedals) so i can move it to its permanent place in another room with a 4k tv. Hope you get it soon ;)

oscarolim
21-06-2015, 20:29
I'm getting the challenge, because is handy for me to be able to fold it and put it away (currently living in a T1).
Next year when I move I plan to buy a house with a garden, so I can build a shed to have all my gaming stuff there, with a 'no missus allowed' sign at the door :p

TAGS Battfink
21-06-2015, 20:43
Im genuingly thinking of a conservatory for exactly the same purpose. Lol.

My brother has a house all to himself, we're thinking of chopping up his old pug gti, getting it into his house snd building the ultimate rig in it....... ha ha

jiberjaber
22-06-2015, 21:20
So went for a TX wheel from amazon.de, hopefully here for Thursday. Any ideas on a decent wheel stand, not looking to break the back so probably an ebay job, but recommendations welcome

Cheers

Jason

FAHound
22-06-2015, 21:25
So went for a TX wheel from amazon.de, hopefully here for Thursday. Any ideas on a decent wheel stand, not looking to break the back so probably an ebay job, but recommendations welcome

Cheers

Jason

I have the GT Omega stand. It's well built, folds down when not in use and you can add a seat later. It has two arms holding the wheel plate, so has less movement when playing.

oscarolim
26-06-2015, 19:02
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/16484_10152936147693321_756108710737964234_n.jpg?oh=a7dfdbe42411e9b880ad4b7fe7639b24&oe=563027DD
Just in time for my 32nd birthday. It's quite comfortable, and after two hours I could drive another two!