PDA

View Full Version : Braking Question

tonypbeck
09-06-2015, 07:29
Hi Everyone,

I've searched the threads about this but can't see anything related, maybe its me.

I've only just started to play the game, after reading all the FFB issues I decided to wait but I just couldn't resist, I had a couple of hours on my hands yesterday and decided to dive in. Yes FFB is poor, I was driving the kart trying to set it up ready for career mode, but the braking was not right at all. I would speed up to a corner and hit the breaks and it would stop very quickly but not normally, there was no deceleration it would stop very quickly within a couple of meters, barely time to change down. I'm using Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals with TX Wheel. They were calibrated, all you do is press all the way. I've tried turning down sensitivity but still the same.

Anyone else have this or any ideas how to make it better?

Regards

Tony

Siberian Tiger
09-06-2015, 07:44
Hmm, try some other Cars?

The Karts like in Real Life don't Need a Long Braking Distance. If you fully press your Brake then the Kart will stopp really fast.
(It has less Weight)

I don't know exactly if you can adjust Brake Pressure on Karts, but that could also help..

Roger Prynne
09-06-2015, 10:21
Try some of the GT's and see what you think.... you will be pleasantly surprised at how good they are.

tonypbeck
09-06-2015, 14:49
Thanks guys, really appreciate you taking time to reply, I will give it a go

GRTfast
09-06-2015, 15:06
A kart will brake unlike any other vehicle. My shifterkart will go from 100 to zero in around 2.5 seconds in real life. It's staggering how well they brake.

Brent G
12-06-2015, 19:50
A kart will brake unlike any other vehicle. My shifterkart will go from 100 to zero in around 2.5 seconds in real life. It's staggering how well they brake.

I concur, they damn near stop on a six pence. Or a dime for our colonial cousins. ;)

Schnizz58
12-06-2015, 20:14
I was gonna say a postage stamp but a sixpence will do.