PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get past start screen

FMS TopSecret
09-06-2015, 14:21
I was on the game, decided to reload it because TT and C events wasn't working for me and now whenever i load the game and press start on the in-game menu it gets stuck on the loading screen and it looks like its not going to load. i have tried un-installing then reinstalling, clearing system cache you name it, but it still won't go past the loading screen. is there anything i can do, im pretty mad because i payed for the dlc last night and was only able to play it for an hour and i really want to destroy some TT in the new cars.

Siberian Tiger
09-06-2015, 14:24
Do you have the Digital Version?

If so, could it be that it has not fully downloaded?

What Game Size is it showing for you? 18.7GB?

FMS TopSecret
09-06-2015, 14:35
its the disc version and 18.1GB, i dont have the limted edition or modified car packs

Siberian Tiger
09-06-2015, 14:43
Ah Ok, then make the following Thing:

Delete the Game Files incl. Patches...

Then Disconnect your Xbox One from the Internet.

Install the Game

Them Connect it again, and download all Patches....

And then Start the Game...

This should work ;)

FMS TopSecret
09-06-2015, 14:44
ok i will try, maybe this was because i have my xbox in power mode and i can continue on startup and i never exited the game when i turned it off neither when i turned it on this morning.

FMS TopSecret
09-06-2015, 15:18
Ok i tried your method and it still didnt work, i knew it wasnt going to work before i loaded the game because the file size was still 18.1Gb. anything else i could try?

Siberian Tiger
09-06-2015, 15:20
18.1 GB is correct for the Game WITHOUT any Patches...

Please now do a Hard Reset on your Xbone and then the Patches should load an Install ;)

FMS TopSecret
09-06-2015, 15:29
my game is now 18.7GB but its still doesn't go past the loading screen

i have to go work know but i will check this post later when im back and try everything

PaulxB
09-06-2015, 18:04
Have you deleted your game save?
I had the same problem of not being able to get past the start screen and deleting my game save file was the only way I could play when signed into my Xbox profile.
It sucks if you have tunes you don't want to lose or you have got far in the career mode but it is the only solution I have seen to eradicate this problem.
Maybe the new patch might fix the issue, who knows.

FMS TopSecret
09-06-2015, 19:47
i guess i will have to try that.

i had to permanently delete my file save, guess ill have to re tune everything which kinda sucks. this problem has to be fixed as no other game has this issue that i know of

DeitzD
10-06-2015, 01:16
Ive tried all the thing stated.. I'm still stuck in the start screen.. how does one perm delete my file save?

FMS TopSecret
10-06-2015, 02:41
go onto my games and apps, find pcars, manage game and on the right hand side it will have your file save. perma delete it everywhere not your console

gookiecrunch
10-06-2015, 09:30
This just happened to me today.. deleted everything and now it works again.. sucks but least I'm driving again. Saved one replay about a week ago. Anyways hope that gets fixed sometime. Not too urgent but hopefully makes the list. I haven't seen it listed anywhere in the to be fixed stuff

Bruno Alexandre
10-06-2015, 09:31
Ensure you have enough space on the cloud.

Sonic6L
10-06-2015, 09:46
Ensure you have enough space on the cloud.

The Cloud is only utilized for a game save with a local copy being stored on the console IIRC. 512MB limit IIRC. but unsure how you'd clear your own cloud data.

Taken from Xbox.com:

What’s stored on my hard drive, and what’s stored in the cloud?

Your data is stored to both your hard drive and the cloud simultaneously. Xbox Live keeps your important data in sync so you don’t lose anything when you use a friend or family member’s console, or even when you switch to a new console.

Internal space on the console is 500GB but you get less than that out of the box.

FMS TopSecret
10-06-2015, 13:09
even though we had to permanently delete our save files everywhere surely there is a backup somewhere in microsoft to recover our data, but the thing that confuses me is how was it our save file that was stopping us from going past the loading screen? is this a microsoft issue, pcars issue or both and can it be fixed for those not wanting to delete there save file and are willing to wait for the problem to be fixed?