PDA

View Full Version : Is there gonna be an championship/season creator?

Irishnewblood
09-06-2015, 17:01
I'm asking again because I still have not gotten a clear answer yet. Can I please get some kind of an answer?......I love the game and can't get any kind of an answer for this and people that are bashing the games physics and stuff get 22 pages full of reply's from devs and everyone else.

Sankyo
09-06-2015, 17:10
What exactly do you mean with 'event creator'?

Umer Ahmad
09-06-2015, 17:11
Maybe some kind if mode where you could Quickly make Racing Weekend?

Irishnewblood
09-06-2015, 17:20
What exactly do you mean with 'event creator'?

The ability to string like even 5 races together with qualifying and that and pick the class of cars with of course the option to save.

Irishnewblood
09-06-2015, 17:37
And a points table like....Prob be better saying championship creator.

Howie
09-06-2015, 17:40
There is the greyed out "coming soon" box under Quick Race. I'm in hopes that will encompass setting up a series of races. Like a racing season. Plus choosing down to the individual cars and tracks used. But no details have yet been divulged.

Irishnewblood
09-06-2015, 17:49
There is the greyed out "coming soon" box under Quick Race. I'm in hopes that will encompass setting up a series of races. Like a racing season. Plus choosing down to the individual cars and tracks used. But no details have yet been divulged.

Yeah I want this bad too, I'm hoping it is. Absolutely love this game but without the championship creator it will get boring playing the career over and over.I like to set up my own races and don't like being bound to particular tracks/cars in career. To be honest I'm shocked that it is not in the game already, everything else is spot on and brilliantly done.

There is of course the odd bug but I can live with that because it is being fixed.I feel that if this is added the game is hands down the best racing game ever bar none.GT is a joke, Codemasters have gone to the dogs and Asseto Corsa? sorry but no, This is THE racing game of the last 10 years and is just one step short of being perfect.

Umer Ahmad
09-06-2015, 18:30
Let get more into it then. How do want to handle the following?

1. Weather
2. Race Length
3. Weather/Time/Wear Acceleration

RobMUFC1987
09-06-2015, 18:32

1. Weather
2. Race Length

For me I'd like 1. Random, 3. All real time. That would be nice in career too

Irishnewblood
09-06-2015, 18:34

1. Weather
2. Race Length

You could just take solo mode as it is right now to set up weather,race length, qualifying and what not but add the ability to put multiple race weekends together and a table of points with the same drivers.

fallfromgrace
09-06-2015, 19:37
An example:

1: Choose the tracks you want. Option to randomize order.
2: Choose the cars you want. Option to select whole classes and/or specific vehicles.
3: Choose the "authenticity" settings you want. Assists, damage, tire wear, fuel usage and flags and penalties. Single or double headers. Option for reverse grid for race two etc.
4: Choose the "condition" settings. Option to randomize weather.
5: Choose the timeschedule for the races. Option to choose laps or timed races.

Weather could be totally randomized, which would make the possibility of rain equal in Dubai or at Snetterton. Perhaps some kind of sorting of tracks into specific areas which state the possibility of rain and temperatures could be programmed. "Northern Europe", "Southern Europe", "Middle East", "South East Asia", "North America" etc. I could most definitely live with a simplified version where it's either randomized or set with same weather every round. Perhaps this wouldn't be "in the spirit" of what Project Cars is supposed to be.

Enter alternative:

An "easier" fix would perhaps be to introduce the opportunity to drive already created championships outside of career mode. Weather et al already decided, but you have the possibility to choose which car you want under the given regulations.

British GT Championship (GT3+GT4)
German GT3 Championship
European GT3 Championship [Blancpain-type]
European Endurance Championship (LMP2+GT3)
World Endurance Championship (LMP1+LMP2+GTE/GT3)
Asian Endurance Championship (LMP2+GT3)

etc, etc.

Irishnewblood
09-06-2015, 19:42
An example:

1: Choose the tracks you want. Option to randomize order.
2: Choose the cars you want. Option to select whole classes and/or specific vehicles.
3: Choose the "authenticity" settings you want. Assists, damage, tire wear, fuel usage and flags and penalties. Single or double headers. Option for reverse grid for race two etc.
4: Choose the "condition" settings. Option to randomize weather.
5: Choose the timeschedule for the races. Option to choose laps or timed races.

Weather could be totally randomized, which would make the possibility of rain equal in Dubai or at Snetterton. Perhaps some kind of sorting of tracks into specific areas which state the possibility of rain and temperatures could be programmed. "Northern Europe", "Southern Europe", "Middle East", "South East Asia", "North America" etc. I could most definitely live with a simplified version where it's either randomized or set with same weather every round. Perhaps this wouldn't be "in the spirit" of what Project Cars is supposed to be.

Enter alternative:

An "easier" fix would perhaps be to introduce the opportunity to drive already created championships outside of career mode. Weather et al already decided, but you have the possibility to choose which car you want under the given regulations.

British GT Championship (GT3+GT4)
German GT3 Championship
European GT3 Championship [Blancpain-type]
European Endurance Championship (LMP2+GT3)
World Endurance Championship (LMP1+LMP2+GTE/GT3)
Asian Endurance Championship (LMP2+GT3)

etc, etc.

Love the first part mate. The second part not so much you can pretty much do that anyway in career. You will eventually get all the contract offers in career to drive any car you want.

Kitt
09-06-2015, 21:09
This is a brilliant idea,it's got to be done.